Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

What are those Rimmel, 17 and NYC polishes on the third row and that green polish on the second last row?

Rimmel is 420 Aqua Cool, 17 is Pinking Shear (it looks a bit silver in the picture but it is pink :p), NYC is Carrie'd Away and the green nail polish is from H&M, it's called Turquoise. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

suomi wrote: »
    Rimmel is 420 Aqua Cool, 17 is Pinking Shear (it looks a bit silver in the picture but it is pink :p), NYC is Carrie'd Away and the green nail polish is from H&M, it's called Turquoise. :p
    Is this the H&M one?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--PCyB7PEQZA/TcLUx6xwhoI/AAAAAAAAAkA/3Yk1GESdRa4/s1600/H%2526M+no+mambo+jambo.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Mibio7CDUFk/S5j8_04H6wI/AAAAAAAAAug/icmlb6GczEU/s400/Bella'sChoice.jpg

One is shimmery and one isn't, I want both of them, either way and I want the NYC one. :D

Trip to eBay for the H&M ones and will check out the few places in town that sell NYC polishes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

This thread is a terrible influence, I've just signed up to brandalley and ordered a bunch of Butter London polishes! Only an hour ago I bought these in Cara Pharmacy:

Gosh in Bubblegum
    img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=40247979

And a lovely nude polish from Lancome which I can't seem to find online.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Is this the H&M one?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--PCyB7PEQZA/TcLUx6xwhoI/AAAAAAAAAkA/3Yk1GESdRa4/s1600/H%2526M+no+mambo+jambo.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Mibio7CDUFk/S5j8_04H6wI/AAAAAAAAAug/icmlb6GczEU/s400/Bella'sChoice.jpg

One is shimmery and one isn't, I want both of them, either way and I want the NYC one. :D

Trip to eBay for the H&M ones and will check out the few places in town that sell NYC polishes. :D

It's not either of those but I actually have the first one too somewhere and it's very similar to the one in my picture! It's just a bigger version of it I think. :) I got the NYC one from Penneys, it's great because it's sheer enough to look like a French manicure without any extra effort. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

jokettle wrote: »
    This thread is a terrible influence, I've just signed up to brandalley and ordered a bunch of Butter London polishes! Only an hour ago I bought these in Cara Pharmacy:

Gosh in Bubblegum

And a lovely nude polish from Lancome which I can't seem to find online.

The Gosh is gorgeous! the name is perfect

• Advertisement

Wearing Nails Inc Malibu Cosmo now, love this colour.

Used my Seche Vite top coat and noticed it's put streaks and lumps and bumps (not bubbles) all over my nails :mad:

Had the same problem with another polish recently, but though it was the other polish and not Seche.

Not happy. :mad: Just as well I'm not going anywhere.

Quick (odd) question - I'm going to a funeral on Monday and was thinking of wearing Butter London Snog polishes, a bright raspberry pink colour, would it be OK to wear that or would I be better off with a different colour or bare/nude nails?

I'm not immediate family, my mother reckons the polish would be OK to wear, but I dunno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Dee1989 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Just found this thread recently, sorry if this has been asked before but I've been looking for dotting tools and can't find them. Has anyone got any recently in Dublin? Around Dundrum or Sandyford area but in the city centre either? I've looked in most pharmacies and Hairspray in Dundrum but maybe I just missed them somewhere!

I bought dotting tools on eBay and you know what? They're crap. I use cotton buds to make my big dots and the tip of a skewer to make my little dots!
    Quick (odd) question - I'm going to a funeral on Monday and was thinking of wearing Butter London Snog polishes, a bright raspberry pink colour, would it be OK to wear that or would I be better off with a different colour or bare/nude nails?

I'm not immediate family, my mother reckons the polish would be OK to wear, but I dunno.

Wear the polish. I wore bright orange nail polish to my own Granny's funeral and nobody batted an eyelid. She was a lovely sunny person so there was no way I was going to go all in black. Anyone who comments on your nail polish at a funeral has little to be worrying about!

Today's nails - aforementioned dots done with cotton buds and skewers! Base - Essence "You Belong To Me", which is VERY like China Glaze For Audrey.

christeningnails.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 IrishGeordie

Those nails look pretty damn good...

I think you should wear it. It's only nail polish at the end of the day and it's not offensive nail art so it shouldn't be picked up wrong. Plus it's nice to make an effort with a nice polish. Shows you care in your own special way :)

Wear the polish. I wore bright orange nail polish to my own Granny's funeral and nobody batted an eyelid. She was a lovely sunny person so there was no way I was going to go all in black. Anyone who comments on your nail polish at a funeral has little to be worrying about!
    musical.x wrote: »
    I think you should wear it. It's only nail polish at the end of the day and it's not offensive nail art so it shouldn't be picked up wrong. Plus it's nice to make an effort with a nice polish. Shows you care in your own special way :)

Thanks girls, I'll wear it so.

Didn't take much persuasion :pac: :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Brace yourself ladies! I made a quick visit to TK MAXX 15 mins before closing and I managed to leave with 13 polishes and a base coat! The total was 19.98EUR :eek: Am I crazy?

Here's what I got.

Color Club Alter Ego Collection and Color Club Glitter Vixen Collection
    April+14+2012+006.JPG

April+14+2012+010.JPG

April+14+2012+011.JPG

April+14+2012+012.JPG

April+14+2012+013.JPG

April+14+2012+014.JPG

April+14+2012+015.JPG

Okay I am crazy!!

Oh! If any of you ladies would like me to pick up a set let me know. There 9.99 each and I'll be going in again Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Oh! If any of you ladies would like me to pick up a set let me know. There 9.99 each and I'll be going in again Thursday.

Ahhhhh! I want it!! Which TK Maxx is it in????

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

Which Tk Maxx? I am jealous:)

Ahhhhh! I want it!! Which TK Maxx is it in????
    Saorenza wrote: »
    Which Tk Maxx? I am jealous:)

It's the TK MAXX in Kilkenny :) I was in the Dublin one the day before in St. Stephen's Green and didn't see anything in there!

There was another collection from Color Club that I managed to avoid picking up as well as Color Club's "Art Club" Nail Art sets.. but saying that this trip back into town Thursday might be the end of my savings :rolleyes:

I'll give the polishes a quick swatch and throw the pictures up here for anyone interested in seeing them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Just a question... has anyone tried Technic nail polishes?? My local pound shop has them and i wonder are they any good.

It's the TK MAXX in Kilkenny :) I was in the Dublin one the day before in St. Stephen's Green and didn't see anything in there!

There was another collection from Color Club that I managed to avoid picking up as well as Color Club's "Art Club" Nail Art sets.. but saying that this trip back into town Thursday might be the end of my savings :rolleyes:

I'll give the polishes a quick swatch and throw the pictures up here for anyone interested in seeing them :)

Swatch please!! Pretty pretty pretty please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Got these 3 today, Boots are doing 3 for 3 on just about everything :)

IMG_1902.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

if i can gather all my polishes together - they are ALL over my house!!! i will take a pic of my collection. i think i am going to have to relegate a couple to the bin (gone gunky and whatnot) but then that means room for more!!!!

i would also be up for swapsies

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

essence-cool-gang-01.jpg

Essence: Cool and the Gang

Much darker on me though, almost navy.

• Advertisement

On closer inspection I found that the polish weren't the collections they were packaged in, I'm not sure if someone just swapped all the polishes around but none the less I'm still chuffed at my purchases.

Still tracking a few of the names but here's the swatches anyway.

April+14+2012+014.JPG

April+14+2012+015.JPG

April+14+2012+016.JPG

April+14+2012+017.JPG

April+14+2012+018.JPG

April+14+2012+019.JPG

April+14+2012+020.JPG

April+14+2012+021.JPG

April+14+2012+022.JPG

April+14+2012+023.JPG

April+14+2012+025.JPG

April+14+2012+026.JPG

The glitters are crazy! Three of these polishes are actually from the 2011 holiday collection which is pretty cool :D

Delighted with myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

On closer inspection I found that the polish weren't the collections they were packaged in, I'm not sure if someone just swapped all the polishes around but none the less I'm still chuffed at my purchases.

The glitters are crazy! Three of these polishes are actually from the 2011 holiday collection which is pretty cool :D

Delighted with myself :)

They are fab, especially the glitters! And 9.99 was for 6 of them? I love the colour club range, although I've never bought any.

Pythia wrote: »
    They are fab, especially the glitters! And 9.99 was for 6 of them? I love the colour club range, although I've never bought any.

It's 9.99 for 7 actually, the 7th polish is always a clear polish, top coat or base coat. I didn't see a point in posting it. I'm going to have another root when I'm in town and see what else is there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Smc30

Hi, this is my first post, hopefully of many.:)
    apologies for the not so good image, but this is Ciaté Jewel;

img0073jt.jpg

Smc30 wrote: »

img0073jt.jpg

Gorgeous! Where did you get the Ciate?

(P.S. if you take out the first http:// in the image link, it will show up :))

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Smc30

Gorgeous! Where did you get the Ciate?

(P.S. if you take out the first http:// in the image link, it will show up :))

Thanks so much!
    I was going to buy it from Ciaté's uk website but it actually came up cheaper from Beautybay.co.uk, plus they have loads of other lovely brands too!

Smc30 wrote: »

Gorgeous!! I would buy ciate if they didn't throw such a hissy fit about "their" caviar nails. Idiots :mad:

Can't wait to see more posts Smc30 :) We love to recruit more people to our polish community (and corrupt them into buying all of the pretty polishes :pac: )

musical.x wrote: »
    I would buy ciate if they didn't throw such a hissy fit about "their" caviar nails. Idiots :mad:

What's this?? I'm about to buy Ciate! Fill me in!

Gorgeous color Smc30.. welcome to the nail fanatics group! I look forward to drooling ove the pretty polishes you post and I'm already jealous of your nails.

• Advertisement

What's this?? I'm about to buy Ciate! Fill me in!

here's the link! http://prettydigits.blogspot.com/2012/04/i-just-received-this-email-it-has-come.html

Advertisement