Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Nope, nothing like that. No bubbling whatsoever. You put it on and 30 seconds later you nails are touch dry and a minute after and you can rub them and go about your business and not a smudge to be seen. Don't know how I got by without it :)

I'd say the result I got from my bottle of Seche Vite are very similar to yours, except halfway through it's now gone very thick and gloopy and I've tried to thin it but I think you need to buy their own brand of thinner? Not sure, but it's not the same and it takes much longer to dry now :(

I bought a few more bottles of polish today. This addiction is getting out of hand. Must put a spending ban on now... but I'm really looking forward to the new OPI collections. The Spiderman one has a straight up dupe of Chanel's Peridot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

My first bottle went a bit gloopy too, but then I realise I wasn't actually tightening the cap properly after use. Didn't have that trouble with my second bottle but then again I paint my nails every 2/3 days normally so I tend to use up the bottles fairly quickly. The one that REALLY annoys me is that the brush is way too short for the bottle so I end up trying to roll the bottle around to get the last of it or just giving up and buying a new bottle when there was still about 2/3rd of a centimetre left in the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Booo! All I've left out of clean out!

Um can i have like half?...no..ok.... how about a quater of all of them?

please :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

musical.x wrote: »
    in boots! that's crazy. Didn't think they would sell it.

I never buy it in boots though, it's like €16, you can get it on ebay for like €8 delivered.

I think it was maybe €13? The other Seche stuff is more expensive though. It was also on the 3 for 2 promotion over the weekend so I got two lip pen thingies too... happy out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Booo! All I've left out of clean out!

Glorious. Just glorious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Haha! I'll have to take a decent picture when I'm not so lazy!

I tried doing out a speadsheet of my collection and I got so lazy after the first 150! I really should do one out to save me having to root around much!

do any of ye have nail blogs? (aside from the people i have haunted already :P )
    loads of ye could have amazing blogs ( of the top of my head: novella, suomi,chickenbutt,Orlee... hint hint nudge nudge :pac: )

I tried doing out a speadsheet of my collection and I got so lazy after the first 150! I really should do one out to save me having to root around much!

I do not envy you having to do this :eek: This could seriously kill your nail addiction :p I have a little book and everytime i buy a new polish I write it in :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

nursemar88 wrote: »
    As promised, here's my nail polish collection:

http://highlifeofmars.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-nail-polish-collection-and-storage.html

Hope ye like :D

Just wondering can you get those nail wheel things in any boots or are they difficult to get? :)

I have this (But gone very chipped :( ) on my nails
    2gx09yu.jpg
    Barrym lilac foil!
    [Image form google]

I do not envy you having to do this :eek: This could seriously kill your nail addiction :p I have a little book and everytime i buy a new polish I write it in :o

I really should have just done this from the start! I do a lot of nailpolish swaps from all over the world and it's handy to just email each other your spreadsheet so you wont buy a polish the other already owns.

The Summer swaps will be happening soon so I may get a move on! We should hold a nailpolish swap soon on Boards that would be fun :D

• Advertisement

deise_girl wrote: »
    Just wondering can you get those nail wheel things in any boots or are they difficult to get? :)

I get them off ebay for real cheap!

I have this (But gone very chipped :( ) on my nails

[Image form google]

How do you find these foil polishes? I like the gold looking one but swatches always turn out differently on people so I'm not sure if they are worth buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I have the silver Barry M foil and loooove it. One coat wonder and with a coat of seche vite over it it takes a good 3 days before tip wear starts.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

How do you find these foil polishes? I like the gold looking one but swatches always turn out differently on people so I'm not sure if they are worth buying.

I love how it goes on tbh! I normally put on two coats but its good to go in one really! Although mine came out a little streaky on 2/3 nails but I think thats more the awful way I applied it.
    I couldnt really tell you how long it lasts before chipping though coz horse riding and muck and dirt see's my polish off much quicker than Id like :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thought I posted this earlier, but can't seem to find that post, even by searching through my own posts. :confused:

Anyway, I got this on ASOS for around €6.

Essie - Over The Top

essieoverthetop2528su25.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I get all my nail art stuff off a website called Born Pretty Store, bornprettystore.com. I have gotten loads there and its sooo cheap! I've gotten stamping plates, brushes, dotting tools, flimos and nail wheels from there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Wearing this at the moment
    DSCF6162.JPG

China Glaze - Celtic Sun (image courtesy of Google :) )

I like it but it's very bright. I've been wearing pastel colours for so long that I keep looking at my nails now and getting a shock :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Essence have brought out these nifty double ended nail polish things:

Essence-nail-colour-3-review-1.jpg
    (not my pic)

I picked up the pink one and the purple/white one yesterday, wearing the latter today. The purple is a bit dull for my taste but once you put the sparkly shade over it it's really pretty. They're a bit fecky to use as the brushes for both ends are in the middle bit, so when you're applying one end the other end is still attached to the brush, but it's a nice idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

My first bottle went a bit gloopy too, but then I realise I wasn't actually tightening the cap properly after use. Didn't have that trouble with my second bottle but then again I paint my nails every 2/3 days normally so I tend to use up the bottles fairly quickly. The one that REALLY annoys me is that the brush is way too short for the bottle so I end up trying to roll the bottle around to get the last of it or just giving up and buying a new bottle when there was still about 2/3rd of a centimetre left in the bottom.

Thanks for the tip! I'll make sure I keep mine extra tight! and oh I hate that short brush, too! It's so annoying!
    do any of ye have nail blogs? (aside from the people i have haunted already :P )
    loads of ye could have amazing blogs ( of the top of my head: novella, suomi,chickenbutt,Orlee... hint hint nudge nudge :pac: )

I don't really blog, althought I've thought about it... Went for a tumblr recently instead and just uploaded pics of my hands haha thought it was a good inbetween.
    I really should have just done this from the start! I do a lot of nailpolish swaps from all over the world and it's handy to just email each other your spreadsheet so you wont buy a polish the other already owns.

The Summer swaps will be happening soon so I may get a move on! We should hold a nailpolish swap soon on Boards that would be fun :D

I would totally be up for a swap!

We should hold a nailpolish swap soon on Boards that would be fun :D
    +1 to this.

• Advertisement

Wearing this now :)

BarryM - Indigo - one of my faves.

img2594ei.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CrazyCatGirl

Got this amazing little O.P.I. set in Sally's in Limavady today for £6.75 because one of the bottles, alpine snow, was broken! They had the large O.P.I. bottles in clearance for £3.75 and they were stocking practically the entire range of China Glaze if anyone was looking :)

opi-best-of-the-best-nail-polish-set.jpg

Wore this yesterday.

Angelica - Fallen Angel

k+031.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I tried to do a spreadsheet today but I just got so annoyed with all the polishes that have no names!!!

Well, as you can see, my polish ban is going splendidly. Over the last couple of weeks:

newpolishes.jpg

Top: Catrice "Salmon and Garfunkel" :D, "Fred Said Red", "Pool Party at Night", "Iron Mermaiden" (have it already but it's discontinued & it was half price), NYC "Skin Tight Denim Creme", "Prince Street" & "Times Square" (€1 each at carapharmacy.com).

Bottom: Sally Hansen Hard as Nails, Stargazer 138 & 133 (reminds me of Rimmel's Zeitgeist but I have to try it yet), Essence "Sure Azure", "Choose Me", "Break Through", "You Belong to Me" (dupe for China Glaze For Audrey), and "Sweet As Candy."

I also got Rimmel's Disco Ball but forgot to take a pic, don't know how to resize images so here's a link: http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m514/Cherrypie_13/RimmelLastingFinishNailPolishinDiscoBall.jpg

And Nails Inc Topcoat in Electric Lane that I posted a few pages back (I think).

Also waiting on Barry M Lemon Ice Cream, Barry M Croc Effect, a Nail Swap package from the UK, and a place in Polish Rehab.

I have a serious problem.

I bought salmon and garfunkel too (and 7 others but lets not talk about that haha)
    Stargazer are amazing! where did you get them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I bought salmon and garfunkel too (and 7 others but lets not talk about that haha)
    Stargazer are amazing! where did you get them?

Haha you're worse than I am! I found the Stargazers in a basket on the counter of a jewellery shop, they had loads of them, I'll swatch these and if you like them I can pick you up some? They only had these two colours but they had about 50 bottles of each haha x

Haha you're worse than I am! I found the Stargazers in a basket on the counter of a jewellery shop, they had loads of them, I'll swatch these and if you like them I can pick you up some? They only had these two colours but they had about 50 bottles of each haha x

I know it's awful :P I actually hide my stash now just so people don't know ;)
    I would love to see some swatches!

We seriously need a boards swap :P I can get catrice..(and i might even share them :P )

We seriously need a boards swap :P I can get catrice..(and i might even share them :P )

YES! If it's okay with the mods how about a Summer swap in and around June? We can use some online generator to match people together and then PM people for details: Spreadsheets, addresses etc. We can have a budget of what to spend on each other and if anyone wants to go over it then that's their choice.

What does everyone think? Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself :o

YES! If it's okay with the mods how about a Summer swap in and around June? We can use some online generator to match people together and then PM people for details: Spreadsheets, addresses etc. We can have a budget of what to spend on each other and if anyone wants to go over it then that's their choice.

I see your polish clear out has made you super anxious to get more :D
    I would be up for that! It could be great fun and we could all get polishes that aren't readily available in our county. I think we should all have the same budget just so it's fair on everyone and nobody feels left out because of their finacial situation :)

• Advertisement

I see your polish clear out has made you super anxious to get more :D
    I would be up for that! It could be great fun and we could all get polishes that aren't readily available in our county. I think we should all have the same budget just so it's fair on everyone and nobody feels left out because of their finacial situation :)
    I am absolutely 100% up for this. We should organize it A.S.A.P.

Me? Polish addict? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaah :P

Advertisement