Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

musical.x wrote: »
    They haven't been released where i am either. They only just got the latest colors in after discontinuing a load of the regular polish.

The new colours are fab though :P

Hmmmm where is this?! I'm mad to see/try!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

So, I want to paint my nails, yet cant' decide on a colour to use.

What a dilemma :rolleyes: :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Hmmmm where is this?! I'm mad to see/try!

I'm in Galway. you really should try the new colours. The names are brilliant and the colours are amazing so you should buy them....buy them all :D

So, I want to paint my nails, yet cant' decide on a colour to use.

What a dilemma :rolleyes: :o

What's your stash like Muffin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Cleaned out my polish collection the other week and it looks bare! I'll post a picture soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

What's your stash like Muffin?

My collection :)

BarryM - Navy, Bright Pink, Vivid Purple (two of these), Black

BarryM.jpg

China Glaze – Fairy Dust, It’s Poppin’ 108 Degrees, Temptest, Up All Night, First Class Ticket, Traffic Jam.

ChinaGlaze.jpg

Essie - Watermelon, Coat Azure, Going Incognito, Sexy Divide

Essie.jpg

Estée Lauder – Metallic Sage, Ultra Violet, Fuchsia

EsteLauder.jpg

Nails Inc - Basil Street, Victoria, Tate, Piccadilly Circus, Shoreditch, Victoria & Albert, Manchester Square, Harriet Walk, Lexington Street, Malibu Cosmo (from the Cocktail Collection), Mali Blush (from the Cocktail Collection, Kensington Caviar top & Base Coat

NailsInc.jpg

O.P.I – The One That Got Away (Katy Perry collection), Vodka & Caviar, Navy Shatter top coat, That’s Berry Daring, Senorita Rose Alita, That’s Hot Pink, Atomic Orange!, Teal The Cows Come Home, Clear rapid dry top coat – four minis from the Brights Collection.

OPI.jpg

Other polishes, mixture of colours/base coats/top coats/other stuff

Mavala - The Elle Orange, Mexico, La Paz
    Catrice - 190 Wrapped Around My Finger, 550 Marilyn & Me
    Essence - 38 Choose Me, 04 Do A Floating Pirouette, 63 Purple Cherry, 57 Love Of Pink, 77 CalL It Fame
    Butter London – Snog
    M·A·C – Spirit Of Truth (from the Wonder Woman collection)
    Illamasqua – Poke, Top Coat
    Boots 17 – Wicked, Nail Recovery (clear base coat)
    NARS – Purple Rain, Jungle Red (both mini size)
    Miss Sporty – 130 (Hot Pink), 475 (Khaki colour). Miss Sporty don’t have names of their polishes, only numbers.
    NYC (New York Colour) – 131 Chelsea Cherry, 268 Fashion Ave Fuchsia 238B1 MoMa, 247B1 Prince Street, 272 Bowery Black.
    Leighton Denny – Do Me A Flavour
    Rimmel London – Cranberry Zest, Misty Jade, Sky High, Sandalwood, Hot Shot, Portobello Pink
    Natural Collection – Cosmic Crush
    Sally Hansen – Various top/base/nail care products, Berry Sweet.
    Ciaté – My Fair Lady

Mixture4.jpg

Mixture2.jpg

Mixture1.jpg

Mixture3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

dc91c654834711e1be6a12313820455d_7.jpg
    Got my package awhile ago, had ordered these: Essie Turquoise & Caicos, Essie Lapis of Luxury, and Revlon Whimsical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Has anybody seen the 8 top coats which are due to be released by Catrice?! I'm in Dublin city centre but can't see them in the usual spots :( Including penneys

I can't find these anywhere either :(

Easter Nails:

EasterPost-EasterNailsFinal.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I love nail varnishes, I always get swayed by the colour but I do wonder how enviromentally friendly they are? How easy is it to recyle empty bottles and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Brandalley.co.uk have some Butter London polishes (incl some SS 2012 colours) for sale at up to 50% off.

• Advertisement

I love nail varnishes, I always get swayed by the colour but I do wonder how enviromentally friendly they are? How easy is it to recyle empty bottles and the like.
    Well the bottles are made of glass and that's recyclable and you can always keep the empty bottle and make franken polish out of them so your polish is unique. :)

My collection :)

Yeh I can sort of see why you would have difficulty choosing just one :P You have some beautiful colours!! Barry m bright pink and OPI vodka and caviar are amazing.

It annoys me that Miss sporty don't put the names on the bottle but they have them on the stand :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Brandalley.co.uk have some Butter London polishes (incl some SS 2012 colours) for sale at up to 50% off.

Deadly, thanks for the heads up. I ordered some from the BL site a few months ago and they never arrived. I got the money back from Paypal but I really wanted the polishes, so fingers crossed this time works out better for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I've been wearing Victoriana since Friday morning, and only have some minor tip wear so far :) Don't know about any of the others, but this one seems fine!

I got mine on beautymatters.ie.

@Your_Text_Here - How did you find beautymatters.ie - looking at ordering from them but never used them before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Orlee wrote: »
    @Your_Text_Here - How did you find beautymatters.ie - looking at ordering from them but never used them before!
    I found them grand! Polishes generally arrived within a day or two via an post, all wrapped up in bubblewrap too :)

Loving the pix of collections! I'll post mine when I get a bit of time, it'll take forever as I have so many polishes :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

It annoys me that Miss sporty don't put the names on the bottle but they have them on the stand :mad:

That annoys me too. :(

Actually just came here to post about Miss Sporty nail varnish. I have it on my nails, a blue colour which I love, since yesterday. 2 coats and a top coat. Went to the gym this morning and left with 4 pretty badly chipped nails. Usually I get about 4 days out of nail varnish without chipping so this isn't impressive. I know it's cheap but I'm a little sad!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I got two new nail polishes the other day:

NYC Carrie'd Away (on the right)

scaled.php?server=31&filename=79433153.jpg&res=landing

And Sally Hansen's Strengthen And Grow. Really hoping it's good as my nails have been in terrible condition lately. It was only about €6 anyway.

371724.jpg

Both pictures from Google.

Edit: Forgot one. :p An Essence nail polish in Space Queen.

IMG_2374.JPG

Novella wrote: »
    That annoys me too. :(

Actually just came here to post about Miss Sporty nail varnish. I have it on my nails, a blue colour which I love, since yesterday. 2 coats and a top coat. Went to the gym this morning and left with 4 pretty badly chipped nails. Usually I get about 4 days out of nail varnish without chipping so this isn't impressive. I know it's cheap but I'm a little sad!
    I have one miss sporty (Red tango-it's red :P ) and i didn't have any problems with chipping but i suppose it differs for everyone depending on what you are doing.
    Plus considering the price of them went up to €3 they are getting quite dear for their size and quality

I have one miss sporty (Red tango-it's red :P ) and i didn't have any problems with chipping but i suppose it differs for everyone depending on what you are doing.
    Plus considering the price of them went up to €3 they are getting quite dear for their size and quality

Maybe I was just being extra clumsy today! :)

Novella wrote: »
    Maybe I was just being extra clumsy today! :)

:D nah lets just blame the polish ;) it's also the polishes fault for chipping,smudging and bubbling :P and not looking as nice on my nails as it does on other people's nails :pac:

• Advertisement

and not looking as nice on my nails as it does on other people's nails :pac:

:pac:
    So glad it's not just me who thinks this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

after organising my collection today. I am not allowed buy one more polish.. as it is they all just fit in the drawer i have for them. so no more allowed. I'll have pics or blog link up later. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Hi girls, there's a lady in the U.S I follow on blogger who's doing "mystery box" sales of nail polish at the minute, I'm on a spending ban but some of ye might be interested? Details here. http://www.jennafroggy.com/2012/04/mystery-box-sales.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

As promised, here's my nail polish collection:

http://highlifeofmars.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-nail-polish-collection-and-storage.html

Hope ye like :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I got Seche Vite over the weekend in Boots. I'm expecting big things as my nail polish cannot go a single day without chipping :rolleyes:

jenizzle wrote: »
    I got Seche Vite over the weekend in Boots. I'm expecting big things as my nail polish cannot go a single day without chipping :rolleyes:

in boots! that's crazy. Didn't think they would sell it.
    I really want it but the chemicals and possible conditions and stuff you can get from using it really worry me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I've gone through 2 bottles now and no side effects for me yet! :pac:

I never buy it in boots though, it's like €16, you can get it on ebay for like €8 delivered.

I've gone through 2 bottles now and no side effects for me yet! :pac:

I never buy it in boots though, it's like €16, you can get it on ebay for like €8 delivered.
    ha!:D
    Jeez that is far cheaper than I thought!!
    How do you find it? Do you still get sheet marks and other polish related "diseases" like bubbling :P ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

ha!:D
    Jeez that is far cheaper than I thought!!
    How do you find it? Do you still get sheet marks and other polish related "diseases" like bubbling :P ?

Nope, nothing like that. No bubbling whatsoever. You put it on and 30 seconds later you nails are touch dry and a minute after and you can rub them and go about your business and not a smudge to be seen. Don't know how I got by without it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Booo! All I've left out of clean out!

535408_10150730213507259_833992258_9385225_225257478_n.jpg

Advertisement