Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

hdowney wrote: »
    I'm just fussy, and they seem to fussy for me. How easy are they to put on, like do you just dip your slightly tacky nail into the pot (like an ice-cream into sprinkles) or is it more one by one tediousness!!!

no it's way way easier than that. you paint your nail with two coats, then you get a tray and funnel with the set, you just pour the bottle over you nails, the tray catches the beads and then you funnel them back into the bottle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pRHn1EsKr8&feature=plcp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Just painted - Kleancolor Neon Fuchsia

I love! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

001.jpg

Flower nails! Blue is Rimmel Sky High (looks darker in real life), yellow is Rimmel Sunshine and the pink is some no-name mini-nailpolish I got in a make up set!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I bought Orly's Country Club Khaki on ebay recently, it hasn't arrived yet though. I was looking for it for a while after seeing it on a blog.

Looks like it should be a nice mushroomy taupe colour

3377860506_074b15b7eb.jpg

(not my photo)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I had been wearing Essence Snow White in Happy but it's a lot more mustard-coloured on the nails than the bright yellow I was expecting so I don't like it as much as I thought I would. Today it's Bashful, I just put on one coat because I was running late for work and I'm really happy with the coverage.

IMAG0068.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I've been wearing nail polish non-stop for the past couple of months and on Friday I thought I'd take a few days break and removed my nail polish and haven't painted them since. Seeing my nails without nail polish is so strange, I actually keep staring at them and admiring them the same way I'd admire them when I'm wearing a pretty nail polish. :o They look so weird. :p

Got my nail polish swap from the lovely chickenbutt and I'm so excited to now have Orly Rage in my collection (along with my other new polishes:D ) So as soon as the postman was gone I got to painting straight away:)

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/215135.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I know I can't wait for my polishes. I am so looking forward to see what was chosen for me and to see what she thinks of what I chose :D

stargirl.gra the attachment doesn't seem to be working. :)

suomi wrote: »
    stargirl.gra the attachment doesn't seem to be working. :)

now I think I've fixed it?

• Advertisement

now I think I've fixed it?

Yep it works now! That's a gorgeous colour. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I just ordered Orly Rage for myself lol I couldn't resist after admiring it while it sat on my desk, waiting to be sent to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

has anyone got or tried OPI Black spotted? It looks amazing!! Checked on ebay thought and its 30 euro eek :eek:

Tried out a jelly manicure today and I think it looks pretty darn cool :p

aa690fdada6211e1b41b22000a1c8856_7.jpg

I used OPI My Pointe Exactly and Nicole by OPI Rainbow in the S-Kylie (dupe for Rainbow Connection)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DuvetCover

So I got my order from nailsupplies.us last week and forgot to post so here they are!

7ba95310.jpg

L-R
    Monroe's Red
    Purple Pleather
    Virdian Vinyl
    Ancient Jade
    Elsbeth's Rose
    Rage

6bb86047.jpg

Atlantis
    Electric Beat

74e3e710.jpg

Mojito Madness

I love all of them :-)

I also ordered some Opi from transdesign but don't have time to take pics now.

@DuvetCover, awesome haul! I just placed an order with nailsupplies.us this morning lol It's good know to someone else has use them and had a good experience. I normally use transdesign but when I went to order some I noticed it was down, so I decided to try nailsupplies. Anyway! TD and nailsupplies are the same company, I noticed. No idea why they have 2 sites, but you're right, TD has OPI.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Ok so parcel pick-up arranged for tomorrow :D Squee

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ivenus

Duvet cover & chickenbutt
    How much is the delivery costs to order off the trans design & nails supplies websites?
    Do you get caught with customs ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Ivenus wrote: »
    How much is the delivery costs to order off the trans design & nails supplies websites?

Thanks

I think these gals are in the US :(

Thanks

Yeah, like Orlee said I'm in the US so I wouldn't know about that, sorry. I have heard shipping with Trans Design can be high for overseas. But I think you can do a mock checkout to see what it could be without going through with it.

• Advertisement

@DuvetCover, awesome haul! I just placed an order with nailsupplies.us this morning lol It's good know to someone else has use them and had a good experience. I normally use transdesign but when I went to order some I noticed it was down, so I decided to try nailsupplies. Anyway! TD and nailsupplies are the same company, I noticed. No idea why they have 2 sites, but you're right, TD has OPI.

Great minds think alike!! I have ordered from nail supplies before so was happy to use them again. Yeah it's a bit odd that they are they same company but only TD sell Opi.. Oh well it just meant I had to place 2 orders! I have placed myself on a two month nail polish buying ban now so I'm looking forward to seeing your haul! :D

Thanks

Hey!

Shipping to Ireland was $23 for 9 polishes. They filled the customs form as a gift so I have not got caught yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

According to nailsupplies.us it'll cost me $100 to ship 1 polish?
    What am I doing wrong?! :)

Orlee wrote: »
    According to nailsupplies.us it'll cost me $100 to ship 1 polish?
    What am I doing wrong?! :)

I think maybe the more you order, the cheaper shipping gets?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Has anyone seen Colour Club polishes around Dublin? I saw Lyndar the Merciless had a blog post saying they were now in selected pharmacies in Ireland but no sign of them round my neck of the woods!

Thanks duvet cover, must have a look at the website tonight!! Really like Orly polish but don't seem to be able to find it online in Ireland

I emailed eightyeightbeauty.com yesterday re delivery costs & they said that
    1-6 bottles $19
    7-13 bottles $38

Thanks duvet cover, must have a look at the website tonight!! Really like Orly polish but don't seem to be able to find it online in Ireland

I emailed eightyeightbeauty.com yesterday re delivery costs & they said that
    1-6 bottles $19
    7-13 bottles $38

To me this seems expensive - you can post up to 4lbs from US for $16.95 - I've had it done 1lb = 454g so, that is a fair few bottles of polish. I do not see how it would be $38. A friend posted to me, about 20 bottles and it only cost $16.95. As far as I know, there is a box and a padded envelope - mine came in a padded envelope.
    http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices.aspx?country=10210&m=13&p=0&o=1&mt=13

Valentina wrote: »
    Has anyone seen Colour Club polishes around Dublin? I saw Lyndar the Merciless had a blog post saying they were now in selected pharmacies in Ireland but no sign of them round my neck of the woods!

Valentina, I've seen their magnetics in random places, but not a fan of magnetics! They are often in sets of 7 in TK Maxx for €9.99

Re: eightyeightbeauty delivery costs
    It is a little expensive alright especially as the exchange rate isn't good at the moment.
    It works out at about €5.80 per bottle of Orly polish ( if u get 6 bottles). I'm not sure if that is a good price?
    Anyone know of other websites where I can get Orly polish??

• Advertisement

As per this blog - Color Club is in the Merrion Centre... know where I'm going on Friday :)
    http://www.lovelygirliebits.com/2012/07/color-club-professional-nail-lacquer-in.html

Advertisement