Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I got all of the opi germany collection from TransDesign if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Very plain look today - no sparkles or colour!

I decided today I wanted to go for the "mannequin hands" look.

Nail polish - Essence Iced Latte - a really nice creamy beige/taupe with hints of pink.

404102_453178154715021_378647073_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Got my order from Nailsupplies.us today, I only ordered on Friday! They were packed really, really well and I didn't have to pay customs. I'm so impressed, I'm definitely going to order from them again, they're well worth the expensive shipping for the service, amazing. I got three Barielles:

L-R: Blackened Bleu, Elle's Spell, Shannon's Attitude

Barielle.jpg

And 6 China Glazes, 5 were for me.
    L-R: Wagon Trail, Lubu Heels, Ruby Pumps, Short & Sassy, Atlantis

ChinaGlaze.jpg

Yesterday the Postman brought some swaps and surprises, first was a lovely surprise from a nail polish friend, A-England Tristam:

AEngland.jpg

Then there was a swap from a lovely twitter friend in Germany.
    L-R: Holo Que Tal?!, Godfather of Pearl, Have an Ice Day, Return of Space Cowboy

MillionStyles.jpg

She also sent 4 of the new Catrice polishes.
    L-R: Steel My Soul, George Blueney, Steel My Heart, No Snow Petrol.

Catrice.jpg

Himself thinks I am cracked in the head, but I'm completely justifying this behaviour on the fact that I no longer smoke and don't go to the pub.

I've about 20 more on the way. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ivenus

Shanna, that's some haul of polishes you got in the post!!
    How much did the postage cost from nail supplies ? I was looking on it the other day and for 4/6 polishes it was $23 for postage and that worked out about €9 for each one which I thought was expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Valentina wrote: »
    Has anyone seen Colour Club polishes around Dublin? I saw Lyndar the Merciless had a blog post saying they were now in selected pharmacies in Ireland but no sign of them round my neck of the woods!

If you're still looking for them & ever find yourself on Baggot Street the chemist opposite Donnybrook Fair (so the furthest away from town end of Baggot Street, after the Bridge) has a whole rack of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

These are my nails. I did them last night for today's job interview. The one with flash is closer to how the colour looks on my nails, but still isn't quite right. It is a lovely shimmery pink colour irl perfectly pinky nude kinda thing. It was one of my swap polishes. There are three coats on.

Without Flash:

187180928233563130_NSsvdNoW_b.jpg

With Flash:

187180928233568214_Viphkwjj_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Mod snip: Do not quite pictures
    I just put this on about 30 mins ago :) Love this nude colour!

Ivenus wrote: »
    Shanna, that's some haul of polishes you got in the post!!
    How much did the postage cost from nail supplies ? I was looking on it the other day and for 4/6 polishes it was $23 for postage and that worked out about €9 for each one which I thought was expensive

You're allowed 9 polishes for the $23 limit, I don't think it'd be worth getting less. You could always get them as presents or back-ups? It's not something I'd do every week but for attacking the wishlist and celebrating the lack of nicotine, I was delighted :D

Here was my order:

BA-Blackened Bleu 0.45oz 5074 1 $3.60 USD
    BA-Elle's Spell 0.45oz 5103 1 $3.60 USD
    BA-Shannon’s Attitude 5182 1 $3.60 USD
    CG-Atlantis #813 (G) 80406 1 $3.40 USD
    CG-I'm With The Lifeguard 0.5oz #1089 80443 1 $2.99 USD
    CG-Lubu Heels 0.5oz #601 77064 1 $2.99 USD
    CG-Ruby Pumps 0.5oz. 70577 1 $2.99 USD
    CG-Short & Sassy 0.5oz 80311 1 $2.99 USD
    CG-Wagon Trail 0.5oz #667 80885 1 $2.99 USD
    Subtotal: $29.15 USD
    Shipping: $23.00 USD
    Grand Total: $52.15 USD

Today's exchange rate, it comes to e42. That's e4.60 for each one, they were wrapped up in protective stuff and packing beans and came in a little box. Ordered Friday, came today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

I got a Shellac french polish done today (sorry for the crap pic its from my webcam) Very pleased with it. Although you can't really see it in the picture the shine off it is incredible. Also got it done it done for €20, which I think is fairly reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Mod snip: Do not quite pictures
    I just put this on about 30 mins ago :) Love this nude colour!
    Sorry didn't realise :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Walking by my local chemists window today and did that snap-your-head-around-the-essence-stand-looks-different-must-investigate thing. Initial worry was all the essence stuff was being phased out BUT instead, all essence stuff in shiny new bottles! They had all the snow white stuff as well (but only picked up the stickers cos either not pushed on the colours or have very similar).

Had amazing thing happen where picked up a bottle of polish because it was very similar to a bottle I was after but when it was dry it was a totally different colour to what I was expecting, so it was actually the almost the exact colour I was after. (Huge amounts better than the opposite where the polish dries and you're like 'hmmm....that's not what I wanted...) Love it - 'walk on the wildside'

essence-walk-on-the-wildside.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Nordstrom's was having a buy 2, get 1 free sale this past weekend and as I've never had Deborah Lippmann before and it was also my birthday... :D I ordered Single Ladies, Sarah Smile, and Billionaire. I can't wait to try out Single Ladies!

6c3cae04e27511e19a5322000a1d0353_7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

I'm very excited, as far as I know the velevet manicure and the black caviar manicure are making their way to me now with my sister in law from new york :D

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Here's what I'm wearing today. The base is Claire's Black Matte nail polish and the glitter polish is Models Own Bluebelle. :)

216553.JPG

Catrice Heavy Metallilac stamped with Barry M Silver Foil.

Day+11+-+Metallic+%5B1%5D.jpg

About a half hour after I took this, I caught my finger while trying to take a trailer off a quad, ripped my little nail halfway down, mother of god the pain :( No more little nail pics for a few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭20260622

Revlon-Mini-2.jpg
    6106009902_80bf573ce5.jpg

Can't wait for them to arrive :D

20260622 wrote: »
    ]

Can't wait for them to arrive :D

Do you mind me asking where you ordered them? Hard to find a good Revlon seller and I really want some of their glitters!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭20260622

Do you mind me asking where you ordered them? Hard to find a good Revlon seller and I really want some of their glitters!

Only available in NZ I'm afraid ......

http://www.nzsale.co.nz/ItemsList.aspx?saleID=zeO7QO6Wm0yYHmnjyPvL8A#Revlon/Nail+Enamel+Packs

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

There's tonnes of Revlon polishes in Dealz, some are glitters, for €1.49 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Applying Nails Inc Regent's Park Road to my finger nails (Photo from A Girl and Her Polish)

DSCN5480.JPG

OPI An Affair in Red Square going on my toe nails (photo from I Love Nail Polish)

imnrawafirs4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I little pick me up needed today - Isadora Gold Sparkles

Really good formula :)

IMG_20120812071914%2520p.m..jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Pink and girly for the first half of next week :D Base of Sally Hansen Complete Care 4 in 1 treatment. Pink is from a set of 7 i got in TK Maxx for €6.99 which are surprisingly pigmented and top coat of Colour Club

picmonkeycollageg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I can't get a good picture but I'm currently wearing OPI Nothin Mousie Bout It over Barry M Pink Silver Glitter, it's very subtle and cute :)

opi550.jpg

pink+silver+glitter+(0).JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

^^Aww so cute Rain On...where did you buy the OPI? Love the pink hearts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Very cute Annihoo, I really really want that minnie mouse one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

anniehoo wrote: »
    ^^Aww so cute Rain On...where did you buy the OPI? Love the pink hearts!!

I got it on Asos, the hearts are a bit of a mare to get out of the bottle but worth it in the end :)

Just put on BarryM in Bright Pink. It's a neon pink shade. Very BARBIE!!!!!

With Flash:

187180928233595900_gh19PpWJ_b.jpg

Without:

187180928233595902_usopy2Lq_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I've been wearing China Glaze Atlantis for the past few days so today I decided to take it off and my nails are slightly stained blue from it.

Also have to put remover on cotton pads then wrap them around my nails with tin foil to get the polish off, nightmare.

• Advertisement

Toast4532 wrote: »
    I've been wearing China Glaze Atlantis for the past few days so today I decided to take it off and my nails are slightly stained blue from it.

Also have to put remover on cotton pads then wrap them around my nails with tin foil to get the polish off, nightmare.

Is it a glitter polish? Glitter polishes are THE WORST. Different levels of ick I have found, but some take FOREVER to come off, you be near ripping at your nails to get it off and have billions of bits of the cotton from the pad stuck to your nails :(

Advertisement