Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

^^
    You belong to me is meant to be a great dupe for China Glaze for audrey!

http://miss-greeneyes.blogspot.ie/2012/07/dupe-china-glaze-for-audrey-vs-essence.html

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Oh and it all cost me 2.58 BARGAIN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Galway polishaholics - Briarhill pharmacy have the entire Snow White range, I finally managed to get my paws on the Prince Charming topper :) and it's very tidy so you can see everything easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Wearing Essence Modern Romance today.

Essence+Color+and+Go+Numero+44+Modern+Romance+-+4.JPG
    (pic from miss verniz blog)

Couldn't see any Snow Whites in Penney's or Dunnes in Cork city.

Has anyone seen the essence stampy (konad rip off) set over here yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ivenus

Love this thread! so many polishes I want to try form reading this!
    Bought 2 polishes last week

OPI - holland Collections - Gouda Gouda two shoes. Love the colour.
    OPI-Gouda-Gouda-Two-Shoes-Swatches-Review-smaller.jpg

OPI - Holland Collection - I dont give a Rotterdam. A little but disappointed with this one, more grey than I would have liked.
    OPI-I-Dont-Give-a-Rotterdam-Swatches-Review-smaller.jpg

Bought these 2 in asos sale, waiting on them to be delivered.
    O.P.I New York Ballet Collection - Callin' me a lyre?
    img_3109_2.jpg?w=497&h=315

Essie - Your hut or mine . Cant find a small enough photo to load.

Pics from ommorphia blog & swatchandlearn blog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

ladypip wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the essence stampy (konad rip off) set over here yet?
    They have them in the Penneys in Eyre Square in Galway if that's any use? Haven't seen them anywhere around Dublin yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Bought these at TK Maxx, 7 polishes for 9.99. Fairly good quality especially if you use the topcoat. They also have them in a metallics collection and a nudes collection.

20120716111329.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Oodles of Color Clubs sets and Nails Inc shatters in TK Maxx today..... got some Color Club. Really love them

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

They have them in the Penneys in Eyre Square in Galway if that's any use? Haven't seen them anywhere around Dublin yet.

I wouldn't recommend the essence stampy set at all. The scraper they provide doesn't work properly, I wish I had read some reviews before I bought it :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Right now I have on ULTA Twilight from their pro line... I know Ulta is only in the US (and Canada?) but I'm telling you guys, it's awesome. I recommend it in addition to Sephora for makeup shopping if anyone is on holiday here.

UltaTwilight2.jpg (not my photo)

I have bought so much nail polish in recent weeks, I'm actually embarrassed to tell anyone about it. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭alainnbeauty

any body know if this kit would be any good , just starting out in gel nails so dont know much about them or where to get a decent kit . thanks

http://www.adverts.ie/other-health-beauty/filled-beauty-case-uv-lamp-etc/1876059

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

ladypip wrote: »
    Oh and it all cost me 2.58 BARGAIN!!!
    Where where where!?????

I'm wearing Essence Make it Golden (<3 this) over Revlon Black Star

scaled.php?server=3&filename=essencemakeitgoldenover.jpg&res=landing

I think I prefer the gold over a lighter colour tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

phasers wrote: »
    Where where where!?????

I'm wearing Essence Make it Golden (<3 this) over Revlon Black Star
    I think I prefer the gold over a lighter colour tbh!

I have this swatched over both dark and light colours on my nail wheels (ultimate nail nerd!) and it works fab over both....
    The problem is that you want all these kinds of glitter topcoats, and they're all similar but not quite the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

lol, I've got 3 different gold glitter toppers because the glitter is of varying sizes :pac: sometimes you need smaller flakes >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I've been wearing lots of purple lately. :o So here's a picture of a stripey manicure I did the other day, and a picture of what my nails look like today. Sorry about the blurryness, my camera wouldn't focus in the dark. :p

From the lightest to darkest: 17 Pinking Shear, Mavala Frozen Berry, Models Own Purple Imperial

213709.jpg

Here the purple is Mavala Frozen Berry and the crackle polish is Models Own.

213710.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I love the stripey manicure! Must try that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

rain on wrote: »
    I love the stripey manicure! Must try that myself.

Thanks! I recommend using tape or samething to paint the stripes, I didn't and mine were a bit wobbly. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Hey all just to let you all no i was in pennies in Kilkenny market cross they have nearly all the essence snow white collection for anyone who is interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

johnf26 wrote: »
    Hey all just to let you all no i was in pennies in Kilkenny market cross they have nearly all the essence snow white collection for anyone who is interested :)

Will be in there tomorrow :D:D:D

• Advertisement

I bought my first stamping kit today (some 'as seen on tv' thing called salon express) at Sally's for $10. I love some of the stamping designs I see on blogs, and I am so not artistically inclined that I thought I'd give it a go.. Love how easy it is! But I don't think my polishes are the best for stamping so will need to do some research on the better ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Doing my best attempt at ombre/balayage/gradient nails ATM, not turning out how I hoped :(

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ivenus

Bought Essence's Space Queen today after seeing it here. Cant wait to try it!

Ivenus wrote: »
    Bought Essence's Space Queen today after seeing it here. Cant wait to try it!

Its not how it looks in the bottle I thought it was going to be a pinky glitter, but its multi coloured and awesome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

How do you get nail polish out of a suede-ette sofa??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Hey all!

Anyone know where you can buy the essence special effect toppers and the nail care stuff in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Wearing this now - Revlon Facets of Fuchsia. It's quite a good dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Bad Romance too.

Revlon+Facets+Of+Fuchsia.jpg

Image from www.chromaticmisadventures.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Missguided - Misstique

532228_10151041738532259_1192992031_n.jpg

Got this in Cosmo last year some time. Love this brand! I have four polishes altogether including the new yellow that came out recently. Might get another one tomorrow when I'm shopping.

Orly+Rock+The+World+2.JPG

Have on Orly's Rock the World. So shiny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Bought blue addicted by Essence ages ago and I only tried it today. I'm in love with it.

ba2.jpg

Picture taken from here.

Advertisement