Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭magztar

musical.x wrote: »
    Awh that's a shame :( At least you got some gorgeous colours :)

Btw I went into the beauty supply place downstairs and they had the Nicole by opi polish. Some gorgeous looking colours but the polish had split. There was a really thick layer of clear polish just sitting on the top on a load of them. I know a quick bottle shake mixes it back up but that cannot be good for the polish. I think the bright store lights really messes the polish up.

Same here,had to have a quick route through it but was all over the place :( Picked up evil queen,prince charming and dopey but couldnt find the stickers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

McCabes in Dundrum Town Centre had a lovely complete stand of the Snow White collection today ... sooooo pretty!

Restrained myself to just Doc :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Came across this video that was posted on polishinsomniac.net :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Just put on one of my favourite shades. Dior Tuxedo (love the shape of the applicator brush). Photo from Vampy Varnish blog

Dior-Tuxedo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

The new Chanel polish Frenzy is gorgeous!! On my phone so I can't post a pic :( it's a light taupey colour, and I'm usually not a fan of shades like that. Hope someone brings out a dupe of it! Or I might just have to buy it :o

Just after seeing that The Lovely Muffin has closed her account :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Shauna16

This thread is the worst influence ever!! Have a list a mile long of polishes I NEED to buy now after reading it!.. Any recommendations for a really opaque silver glitter polish? Something that doesn't need more than 2-3 coats for the nail to be covered?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭khan86

Twee. wrote: »
    My OPI New York City Ballet minis collection arrived this morning form Cloud10. Looking forward to trying them. €14.50 + €3 delivery

<SNIP> Please do not quote pics

They have these sets in Meagher's Pharmacy in Ranelagh for €16. I bought them on Thursday, just need to get round to trying them out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Just after seeing that The Lovely Muffin has closed her account :(

WHAT!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: No! That sucks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Oh and this is Smitten polish Aquarius over nails inc York street.

Smitten+Polish+Aquarius+over+nails+inc+york+street+nail+polish+swatch+%25282%2529.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I currently have on Misslead by Missguided. I wasn't going to bother getting it but their site wont ship it and people on ebay are just ridiculously overpriced thinking they'll get over a tenner off me for a bottle. It's a mice lemon yellow with a slight red and green shimmer. Will put up swatch tomorrow :)

• Advertisement

I think most of us have been guilty of saying this at some point!

483902_397929013603507_632197580_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I've been drooling over so many China Glaze nail polishes lately! Especially that new Safari set and the Electropop set and the Summer Neons set and... :o I've never tried any China Glaze polishes but I might order one or two soon. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

Got The Huntsman and Circus Confetti toppers the other day in Penneys Galway. I really like the Circus Confetti.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Saorenza wrote: »
    Got The Huntsman and Circus Confetti toppers the other day in Penneys Galway. I really like the Circus Confetti.

Circus confetti is my favourite topper!

Penney's in Mary Street had a few of the snow white dwarves left but only the brown and yellow ones. I'm still trying to find Grumpy somewhere, he's like an endangered species.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

lizt wrote: »
    Circus confetti is my favourite topper!

Penney's in Mary Street had a few of the snow white dwarves left but only the brown and yellow ones. I'm still trying to find Grumpy somewhere, he's like an endangered species.

I realy really really want the circus confetti topper I cant find it anywhere!!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I really wanted it too, ladypip. It reminds me of the OPI Muppet polish (Rainbow Connection?). I might be going into Galway during the week - if I see another one in Penneys I'll pick one up for you.

If you could Id really appreciate it thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Just bought a few things.. I'm not supposed to be spending any money atm.. Oooops. :o

China Glaze: For Audrey;
    IMG_3917-550x383.jpg

China Glaze: Something Sweet;
    China-Glaze-Something-Sweet.jpg

China Glaze: Sugar High
    China-Glaze-Sugar-High.jpg

I also bought a base coat and top coat;
    70262.png
    70268.png

:o

Waiting on three different nail polish packages (around 15 nail polishes in total give or take 1 or 2) I only know that one package is sent because I got a tracking code for it. I have no patience for this type of stuff :rolleyes:

The only polishes I know that I'm getting for certain is these cuties..

color_group_1b.jpg

Ive bought these over the last two weeks.

O.P.I designer de better
    OPI-Designer-De-Better-swatches.jpg

O.P.I nail envy

opi_nail_envy_duo_300.jpg

^ I bought the original (green) and got the blue one free :) ^

O.P.I
    NIKP2_SphistiCuties_Minis+copy.jpg

Essence Fruity Peach
    Essence_PeachBeauty.jpg

Essence 3 colour in midnight date and city that never sleeps.

IMG_0065.jpg

I think thats it.....I also think I have a problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 DuvetCover

I blame my polish obsession on the crap weather! This is my haul from the last few days.

56232237.jpg

L-R

Mavala - Lemon Cream
    Illamasqua - Nudge
    Illamasqua - Jan
    Orly - Fowl Play
    Orly - Nite Owl
    Orly - Le Chateau
    Opi - Elephantastic Pink
    H&M - Blue My Mind
    Nails Inc - Bridge The Ridge Base Coat.

I also have another 9 coming from the US and contemplating another order. I think we need to start a support group or something!

^^^^^^^^

Did you buy them all online?

Lovely haul :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Ax8dquTCEAIXz0X.jpg

I havent painted my nails in months because of work but I've two days off so decided to give this a shot.I think I'd prefer "city that never sleeps" over a lighter colour though.

I havent painted my nails in months because of work but I've two days off so decided to give this a shot.I think I'd prefer "city that never sleeps" over a lighter colour though.

Me too its kinda invisible on the midnight date isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

ladypip wrote: »
    Me too its kinda invisible on the midnight date isnt it?

I think it's because midnight date is quite shimmery to begin with anyway. I love the effect of city that never sleeps though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DuvetCover

Orlee wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^

Did you buy them all online?

Lovely haul :)

Mavala and Illamasqua I got on debenhams.ie

The 3 Orly are from TKMaxx

Opi is from Millie's

H&M I got instore and Nails Inc is from Boots.

I just can't help myself when it comes to nail polish :-(

Orly in TKMaxx ... I'll be making a trip to Stephens Green tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

goldstars.jpg?t=1342526184

Gold Paul's Boutique polish that I got in a set for my birthday with stars from Konad image plate M3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Shauna16 wrote: »
    This thread is the worst influence ever!! Have a list a mile long of polishes I NEED to buy now after reading it!.. Any recommendations for a really opaque silver glitter polish? Something that doesn't need more than 2-3 coats for the nail to be covered?

Orly dazzle is quite good. There is a Nails Inc one too but I can't remember the name :confused:

• Advertisement

I went into a local Pharmacy today that i rarely visit, The Essence varnishes were all half price.......... This doesnt help my growing problem.

So I got

Essence: Space Queen
    Essence+04+Space+Queen2.jpg

Essence: Where is the party.
    whereistheparty1.jpg

Essence: You belong to me.
    You+belong+to+me+Essence+nail+polish+light+blue.png

Essence: Viva la green
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQleu6pnlp-WVolEdnComoR_d9X4YgsRpd9rzHCRUPC6Fxs5HMi

This is getting serious :D

Advertisement