Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I had some money put away for a little treat for myself since I'll be off the cigarettes 10 weeks on Monday, so I topped up my O2 card and got some bits n bobs - including 12 Kleancolor polishes for around 30 euro including postage on eBay here - http://www.ebay.ie/itm/230720858203?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 - there are listings for 3 or 6, and they have a heart polish like that OPI. Paese also do a heart one.

Also got China Glaze 'It's Alive' from Amazon.com for 6.80 including postage, and placed an order with nailsupplies.us. For 9 bottles of China Glaze & Barielle it was 44 euro including postage. I think it's fab value!

I love ASOS for polish, I always get my Barry Ms there.

Oh my god the polishes. Painting nails as I type. Stand by for pics :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Forgot to put in a picture of todays nails, it's for a challenge, this is my 3rd or 4th attempt at stamping and I love it! I did the dots with a white nail art pen from eBay and the base is Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream.

Day+3+-+Chic+%5B3%5D.jpg

Ok so my nails are done. Bear with me.

My right hand is painted in the colours of the Olympic Rings.
    The colours are (from thumb to baby finger):
    Essence Colour Addict in Blue Crush
    Rimmel I Love Lasting Finish in Sunshine
    Astor in Diamant Sensation
    Essence Colour & Go in Party On
    Essence Colour & Go in Ready for Action

Without Flash:

187180928233537085_zSk0zZO1_f.jpg

With Flash:

187180928233537088_bxDpO8gY_f.jpg

My left hand is painted in the Team GB Colours:

Red = Catrice Marilyn & Me
    White = Catrice Snow Motion
    Blue = Rimmel Lasting Finish in Fuel

Without Flash:

187180928233537094_LQjmiqKC_f.jpg

With Flash:

187180928233537098_m9EDg2OC_b.jpg

*ignore the crappy paint on fingers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

suomi wrote: »
    I was looking at Atlantis and Riveting too today! Do you know if there are any extra charges when you order nail polish from USA?
    If your order is for €22 euros or less including postage you shouldn't incur any extra charges, but if it is over €22 euros you could be caught for customs.

I think customs charges a about an extra 21.5%, although I could be wrong about that.

Anything I have ever bought from eBay that was posted from the USA always arrived within 3-4 working days. I would say I'd have these polishes by next Thursday, due to the bank holiday, although I could be wrong and there could be longer delays.

With that seller I bought from (BeautyZone2007) they have always provided a tracking number so I could keep track of my items and knew where they were and when to expect them etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Toast4532 wrote: »
    If your order is for €22 euros or less including postage you shouldn't incur any extra charges, but if it is over €22 euros you could be caught for customs.

I think customs charges a about an extra 21.5%, although I could be wrong about that.

Anything I have ever bought from eBay that was posted from the USA always arrived within 3-4 working days. I would say I'd have these polishes by next Thursday, due to the bank holiday, although I could be wrong and there could be longer delays.

With that seller I bought from (BeautyZone2007) they have always provided a tracking number so I could keep track of my items and knew where they were and when to expect them etc.

Oh great, thanks so much for the info! :) I bought some nail polishes and nail art a couple of days ago and one of them was from USA, but it only cost about €10. I'll have to remember that €22 limit next time!

• Advertisement

http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/

Going by this, there are no duty charges on Nail Polish but it has a VAT rate of 23%. I put in all the details of mine and it says potentially there could be a customs charge of 9.20 euro on my nailsupplies order. I don't mind, it's still working out at around 6 euro per China Glaze and Barielle even with shipping and customs included. That's cheaper than GOSH or OPI and they're all hard-to-find in Ireland! (the justification of an addict, wha)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Guys I was in TK Maxx in Cork today. Loads of Nails Inc,Essie, OPI, Nicole by OPI, Barielle and Colour Club. They also had Rimmel and Revlon sets too! I didn't buy any colours(go my restraint) but I got an Essie Grow Rocher Growth Treatment for €5.99 :) I haven't heard many reviews so hopefully its good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Picked up these in Claires yesterday.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-BWtfmLr4IaU/TqXe5w1zoRI/AAAAAAAABHE/bztzIfRFRvU/s400/Claires-Mystery-Light-Purple-Foil-Swatch.jpg

Also picked up this gold, which turned out to be a foil polish, I don't like it at all, so might just use it on my toes.

http://www.stephscloset.com/blog/images/photos/large-3310.jpg

Can't find a picture of the gold, only the silver, but they are the exact same, except for the colour obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Essence_BananaJoe.jpg

Wearing Essence Fruity in Banana today, it's a really nice pale yellow shade.
    (not my pic)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DuvetCover

http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/

Going by this, there are no duty charges on Nail Polish but it has a VAT rate of 23%. I put in all the details of mine and it says potentially there could be a customs charge of 9.20 euro on my nailsupplies order. I don't mind, it's still working out at around 6 euro per China Glaze and Barielle even with shipping and customs included. That's cheaper than GOSH or OPI and they're all hard-to-find in Ireland! (the justification of an addict, wha)

Nailsupplies declare it as a gift with a value of $4.95 so u shouldn't get caught for customs! I have ordered from them 3 times and never been caught :)

• Advertisement

DuvetCover wrote: »
    Nailsupplies declare it as a gift with a value of $4.95 so u shouldn't get caught for customs! I have ordered from them 3 times and never been caught :)

Oh YAY, this makes me happy :D x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Azfb-fiCMAAo75i.jpg
    AzfcOSlCAAENDa5.jpg

Its a bit shineyier in real life but over all its not a great combination,shame since I love the look of the snow white topper I'm sure ill find something it goes well with though.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Aisling, You should try Prince Charming over Grumpy its so pretty, im just about to take it off after wearing it for over a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DuvetCover

Finally getting around to my transdesign Opi order.

adb51670.jpg

L-R

I'm All Ears
    Dim Sum Plum
    Strawberry Margarita
    Japanese Rose Garden
    My Address Is "Hollywood"

93c1a159.jpg

Thanks a Windmillion
    I Don't Give A Rotterdam!

abb79fcc.jpg

DS Extravagance
    DS Bold

To find the Opi polishes on transdesign you have to type opi into the search box!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Purchased a second set of the Serena Williams Grand Slam polishes - this time the US edition (€12.99 in TK Maxx). The red is more metallic/glitter in real life than it appears in the picture.

137622_13124027481.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I ordered some French manicure stickers from eBay and played around with them today. I'm wearing Models Own Purple Imperial and for the pink lines I used a terrible, lumpy nail art pen which is why the lines are all wobbly. Oh well. :o

215945.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Terrible picture quality and my nails have to be kept short (play instruments) but I'm having Olympics fever :)
    tumblr_m8bx3oTiSL1qbcpd3o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Got these 3 in TK Maxx Carrickmines yesterday for €9.99. They had lots of Nails Inc, OPI, Essie, Revlon, Rimmel and Nicole by OPI - the were all up by the till so I nearly missed them :eek:

Le Chateau : Oui : Nite Owl
    Orly%2520%25281024x768%2529.jpg

Nite Owl
    Orly%2520Nite%2520Owl.JPG

Luno wrote: »
    Terrible picture quality and my nails have to be kept short (play instruments) but I'm having Olympics fever :)

I like, my olympics nails (as above) are dying unfortch (chipping a lot) so I think after I have done my weight in washing dishes :( I am going to take it off and paint them something else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Nail wraps that my friend got me for my bday :)

scaled.php?tn=0&server=611&filename=aqvts.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Oooh they're really nice!

What brand of nail wraps are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

I recently managed to finally find the willpower to quit biting my nails, and now theyve gotten to a decent length I've treated myself to some new nailpolishes :D

Catrice:
    850 Aretha's R.E.S.P.I.N.K Catrice-nagellak-swatch-850-Arethas-R-E-S-P-I-N-K-1.jpg
    840 Genius in the Bottle catrice-genius-in-the-bo.jpg
    770 Put Lavender on Agenda Catrice-nagellak-swath-770-Put-Lavender-On-Agenda-1.jpg

Essence:
    42 Dresses for a Moment essence+dress+for+a+moment.png
    43 Where is the Party whereistheparty1.jpg
    67 Make it Golden Nagels+009.JPG

Angelica:
    17 Genius
    43 Fallen Angel
    83 Lemoncello

(Not my photos)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Indiego, I deleted your last pic as it was stretching the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Twee. wrote: »
    Indiego, I deleted your last pic as it was stretching the page.

Whoops sorry, im posting from my phone so I couldn't tell :o

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Don't really know what I was going for her. Excuse the messiness.

009.jpg
    No. 7-Rose Truffle and Natural Collection-??? The name has peeled off :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Oooh they're really nice!

What brand of nail wraps are they?

They're Nail Rock and those ones are called Spots and Stripes (for obvious reasons :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Just got in all of the Germany collection from OPI :o:p I love every color except for Schnapps Out Of It which I'm willing to give a chance... otherwise might give it to my mom!

OPI Berlin There Done That.... So ready for fall right now and all the lovely colors that come with it!
    01871270e03611e1ae7d123138178d5e_7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I just saw Scrangie's post on that collection chickenbutt! I really want Germanicure and Every Month is Oktoberfest, so pretty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Every Month Is Oktoberfest looks gorgeous!
    everymonthisoktoberfest.jpg

One coat - So like Max Factor Fantasy Fire
    everymonthonecoat.jpg

Photo Links - Scrangie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

China Glaze Ruby Pumps

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/216074.jpg

And Ruby Pumps with Claire's Candy Shop over it. It's way nicer than it pictures :(

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/216076.jpg

Advertisement