Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

SexyD4Lady wrote: »
    Ciate 'Bon Bon' free with last month's Marie Claire magazine- the perfect grey lilac- a spin on neutral shades. Looks great in any season. Excuse the fake tab stained cuticles!
    Picture isn't working, for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DuvetCover

Today's nails are Sinful Colors - Blue By You. I don't really like it though so will probably change it tomorrow!

7d57bb71.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

lizt wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Essence quick dry drops? Are they any good?
    I have, they do work buuuuuuttt I think they have ruined my nails, my nails are usually really strong but I used this and they have gone to pot (im not sure if it was the drops or if its the varnish remover I was using). They also shouldn't be used in-between coats unless its rinsed off first as it causes bubbles.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a nail strengthener? Is the opi one anygood?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

PlayGirl wrote: »
    I was in today and didn't see any micro breads? They had little glitter pots just?

They were hanging on the wall on the right as you go in the door, with the false nails

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

PlayGirl wrote: »
    I was in today and didn't see any micro breads? They had little glitter pots just?

They were hanging on the wall on the right as you go in the door, with the false nails
    Thanks I'll have a look again, just saw the stick on fruit things and sets with 6/7 colours of gems

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

These came in the post from ASOS today!

Barry M Red/Black - pic from Rainbows and Blues blog:
    Barry+M+-+Red+Black+3.jpg

Barry M Aqua Glitter - pic from Imagination in Colour blog:
    Barry-M-Aqua-Glitter-new-festival-turquoise-blue-microglitter-hexagonal-mermaid-fish-tail-topcoat-2.jpg

Can't wait to try them both out; love Barry M polish.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

These came in the post from ASOS today!

Barry M Red/Black - pic from Rainbows and Blues blog:

Barry M Aqua Glitter - pic from Imagination in Colour blog:

Can't wait to try them both out; love Barry M polish.

Ohhh I want want want that glitter polish! :eek: It looks exactly like that Deborah Lippman polish, Mermaid's Dream. It's gorgeous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

suomi wrote: »
    Ohhh I want want want that glitter polish! :eek: It looks exactly like that Deborah Lippman polish, Mermaid's Tale. It's gorgeous!

Speaking of DL Mermaid's Tale, I recently picked up a polish from Urban Outfitters called Sea Dust that I got because it looked so much like Mermaid's Tale that I was drooling over in Nordstrom's just minutes before! :o

Here's a comparison on a blog I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

To the girl who posted Tony Moly polish recently, I got two from eBay this morn, love them, the bottles are fab

also spotted the stockists putting out the Snow White in Mary St Penneys earlier, so I am now the proud owner of entire collection, after loitering for a while that is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Sorry - image is too large. Can you please replace with something smaller?

Barry M in denim with a very badly done flower

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

The time has come yet again! I have reached 200 polishes and I should do another clean out. I have a feeling it's not going to be a good one. Looking up at my polish shelf and can't spot anything that I want to throw away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    The time has come yet again! I have reached 200 polishes and I should do another clean out. I have a feeling it's not going to be a good one. Looking up at my polish shelf and can't spot anything that I want to throw away.

Wow, 200! What kind of brands do you own? Is it mainly Essie/OPI or more pocket friendly ones?

Your my hero!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Pythia wrote: »
    Wow, 200! What kind of brands do you own? Is it mainly Essie/OPI or more pocket friendly ones?

Here's my spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkuaNhdtrDtXdHQtSTYta3NBUGVwOHlhT25pMS1Lb2c#gid=0

I purchase mainly the cheaper ones. I don't see a point in spending money in something when i can get a good cheap dupe :)
    ladypip wrote: »
    Your my hero!

If you had of saw my collection about a year a go you would of died, lets just say it was a lot more than 200 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Nails Inc. Wyndham Place. I really like this colour.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/212793.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Wearing Max Factor Max Effect in Candy Blue today, not too mad on the colour though, it came out a lot darker blue than I expected

347650_l.jpg

Love the colour of Rimmel's Misty Jade, but as other posters have said it's a really bad consistency. Bought an Essence in almost the same shade I hope that'll do the trick.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Booked a night at a spa with my gal pal, and shall be getting my first Shellac manicure. I'm excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

So my sister and I went shopping yesterday.... we bought 23 nail polishes between us :o:o:o

We found the Essence Snow white collection in Mullingar in Penneys. I got the three top coats, Snow White, Bashful, Dopey and Sleepy. They were sold out of Grumpy and I got the last bottle of Prince Charming \o/

Also got aqua glitter from Barry M and when I got home I realised it is almost an exact dupe for Fitzroy Square by Nails inc which I have as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I am wearing American Apparel Lopez Canyon - it's such an awesome burnt orange, I love it and the quality is great :)

AA+lopez+canyon+02.JPG

Pic is off google images.. I think it looks more orange in this pic than it does IRL.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Can you get orly in Ireland?im dying for orly rage because just loving rose gold at the moment!

• Advertisement

Here's my spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkuaNhdtrDtXdHQtSTYta3NBUGVwOHlhT25pMS1Lb2c#gid=0

I purchase mainly the cheaper ones. I don't see a point in spending money in something when i can get a good cheap dupe :)

If you had of saw my collection about a year a go you would of died, lets just say it was a lot more than 200 :rolleyes:

If you ever feel like another clear out let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Just did a swatch test of Nails Inc Fitzroy Square and Barry M aqua glitter. They are practically identical except for the fact that there's more glitter in each application of Fitzroy Square.

I did three coats of each
    f9f25f93.jpg

Please ignore the state of my fingers and the messy application :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

The snow white Essence collection is in pennys, corbett court in Galway. Hardly any were taken :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Can you get orly in Ireland?im dying for orly rage because just loving rose gold at the moment!
    Really want that polish too!! You can get Orly in some Boots (it's in Liffey Valley for definite), but they're just minis. I've never seen the full size polishes in a shop here. Ebay is probably the best bet tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I did this manicure at the weekend (my own nails). This is Essie Baby's Breath with Essence Make it Golden.

28u4j7n.jpg

Have just taken it off and am putting on my China Glaze Pink Plumeria which I posted in a previous post.

Also, I passed my latest actuary exam today, it was a really big one so I'm really happy! One step closer to qualification! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Bought an Essence in almost the same shade I hope that'll do the trick.

If it's no 55 'let's get lost', use a base coat first, because it stains like nobodys business! :eek: It is lovely on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Essence Irreplaceable - Such a pretty interesting colour especially in the sun. It's kinda gold, kinda beige, kinda khaki! Loves :)

Irreplaceable.JPG

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

My OPI New York City Ballet minis collection arrived this morning form Cloud10. Looking forward to trying them. €14.50 + €3 delivery

OPI-New-York-City-Ballet-2012-1013x1024.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

musical.x wrote: »
    The snow white Essence collection is in pennys, corbett court in Galway. Hardly any were taken :)
    It was destroyed when I went in there today! But I got the Evil Queen topper and the Dopey polish, and Glorious Aquarius from the Special Effect topper collection. I'm on a real purple and turquoise buzz the last few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

rain on wrote: »
    It was destroyed when I went in there today! But I got the Evil Queen topper and the Dopey polish, and Glorious Aquarius from the Special Effect topper collection. I'm on a real purple and turquoise buzz the last few days.

Awh that's a shame :( At least you got some gorgeous colours :)

Btw I went into the beauty supply place downstairs and they had the Nicole by opi polish. Some gorgeous looking colours but the polish had split. There was a really thick layer of clear polish just sitting on the top on a load of them. I know a quick bottle shake mixes it back up but that cannot be good for the polish. I think the bright store lights really messes the polish up.

Advertisement