Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Valentina wrote: »
    PlayGirl wrote: »
    Lovely, where did you get the beads? I've been looking for some small enough to do caviare style with them (I used 100's&1000's one day :o )

I got them on eBay. I can PM you the name of the seller if you like.

Yes please :)

Also if anyone knows where to pick them upin Dublin CC it would be great! Very impatient waiting on the postman :o

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭magztar

could ya send that seller to me to please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

musical.x wrote: »
    GOSH half price!!! :eek: Blue monday is lovely! run back and get it :D

Haha if it's there next Friday I will, otherwise I'll leave it :)

GOT THE SNOW WHITE!

Got Prince Charming, the nail file, Dopey and Grumpy in Penneys in Mullingar. Also got 2 Angelica UV glitters and a lovely Gold by Giles green/teal one for 2 euro in New Look.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

First time nail polish poster! :)

Pink is Missguided nail polish in Misstify: free in Cosmo this month ;) Also comes in an orange and yellow.

The yellow I used is Sunshine by Rimmel.

003.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Lovely, where did you get the beads? I've been looking for some small enough to do caviare style with them (I used 100's&1000's one day :o )

Could I please get the name of the seller off you too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

My Jungle book nails :) These were part of a challenge I'm doing for the summer.
    Jungle+book+nail+art+4.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Musical.x you're putting us all to shame with your extraordinary nail art! *jealous*

The thread has been busy lately. I've not been on since the other day and going to remedy that by painting my bare nails now! Watch this space for a picture :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Also if anyone knows where to pick them upin Dublin CC it would be great! Very impatient waiting on the postman :o

Hairspray on Henry Street have beads! :) cheap - I think 2 pots with 2 colours for €3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Wearing BarryM Denim now :)

Photo from Beautyshades blog

barry+m+denim+325+(14).JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

My first China Glaze - Sweet Hook and then Virtuous Violet from Nicóle by OPI

DSCN7757-640x360.jpg

DSCN7571-640x290.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

China Glaze - For Audrey and some no brand caviar style beads on my ring fingers. Wonder how long it will be before the temptation to pick the beads off becomes too much...

(Without and with flash)

I'm not sure if this was discussed before but there is a lot of drama over the caviar manicures. A good example by Ciate of how not to do business!

http://the-swatchaholic.com/?p=5640

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Got three Essie polishes for 10 euro in TK Maxx today :D Got Coat Azure which is a kind of grey blue, another blue one which is a white-ish baby blue one and a clear strengthening coat.

Then I got three Sally Hanson polishes in Dealz for 1.49 each, all different shades of pink. I love a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

180238_496985473660235_446467866_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭magztar

So got bored tonight and ended up with these :)

Essie - Too Too Hot

Gorgeous red/coral

87NU8l.jpg

Wore this today.

hdowney wrote: »
    I am going to paint my nails today :D squee I can't wait. (off to the docs first tho boo :() They will look so perty for my birthday tomorrow.

Am wondering tho, does anyone know anything (obviously ye do!) about cuticle sticks/cuticle removers that don't cost many monies. I have some serious cuticles and they can be a dick to push back without a stick etc so looking to get a stick or even better remover to help with the polish application process.

Doing my nails already takes FOREVERZ!!!! So I want them to be perfect (they are going to take twice as long this time as I am going to try some fancy nail art on them when the polish is on :D

Have you tried the Essence removers? the studio nail cuticle remover is fairly good! leaves mine pretty nice :) I use a cuticle nipper too to make it look neater but they can be a bit dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

musical.x wrote: »
    Have you tried the Essence removers? the studio nail cuticle remover is fairly good! leaves mine pretty nice :) I use a cuticle nipper too to make it look neater but they can be a bit dear.

Must look on my essence stand next time I am in there for this :D Thanx

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I can't do anything with my cuticles 'cause that whole pushing 'em back thing makes me feel physically sick. I don't know what it is but my tummy heaves! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

Novella wrote: »
    I can't do anything with my cuticles 'cause that whole pushing 'em back thing makes me feel physically sick. I don't know what it is but my tummy heaves! :o

I feel the same about eyelash curlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Has anyone tried the Essence quick dry drops? Are they any good?

• Advertisement

lizt wrote: »

I haven't tried them but I heard they can leave the skin around your fingers looking really oily.

lizt wrote: »

I have them, they do work but I find the dropper lets out too much of the product and it's horribly greasy which put me off of using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

BarryM Denim NYC Camera, Lights, Glitter on my ring fingers :)

Natural daylight
    P7080057.jpg

With flash
    P7080062.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

barry-m-mint-green.jpg

Barry M mint green. I only ever wear this when my nails are nice and long, don't think it looks great on short nails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Hairspray on Henry Street have beads! :) cheap - I think 2 pots with 2 colours for €3
    I was in today and didn't see any micro breads? They had little glitter pots just?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I wish I could say I painted these myself but I can't, I used nail foil. :o Still though, I think they look pretty! With and without flash:

212290.jpg

212291.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

China glaze loves a beach with accent nail done with opi rainbow connection. Not a great photo but the focus on my phone died :(

3b6bbce1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Well I kept picking at the caviar beads until they all came off :rolleyes: So I did this manicure this morning instead. The base colour is Watermelon by Essie and I used a Konad plate with Barry M Strawberry Ice Cream for the leopard print.

7530637822_d5d8152349.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Essence Snow White Prince Charming over Nicole by OPI Kardashian Kolors It's All About The Glam:

nOPI+and+Essence.bmp

And a Prince Charming accent over Essence 'Grumpy':

SnowWhitewithTopper.bmp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

AxUvKxQCEAA70Zg.jpg

Ciate 'Bon Bon' free with last month's Marie Claire magazine- the perfect grey lilac- a spin on neutral shades. Looks great in any season. Excuse the fake tab stained cuticles!

Advertisement