Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

musical.x wrote: »

You can Essie for approx 7.50 on ebay, including delivery. Even cheaper than the links above!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Did you happen to see the teal one in your shop? I have denim too but I can't find the teal one for the life of me :(
    Checked in Boots today (the only place I can get BarryM near me) and they didn't have teal and there was no space for it on the stand anyway.

The nearest they had to teal was the aqua glitter.

ASOS have the aqua glitter for £2.99 and if you pay in pounds, it works out at around €3.70, almost a euro cheaper than Boots*.... :pac:

*you could buy an Essence polish with that Euro.

I'm not trying to be cheap, just y'know, trying to be helpful...... :cool:

And I ain't a bad influence :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Checked in Boots today (the only place I can get BarryM near me) and they didn't have teal and there was no space for it on the stand anyway.

The nearest they had to teal was the aqua glitter.

ASOS have the aqua glitter for £2.99 and if you pay in pounds, it works out at around €3.70, almost a euro cheaper than Boots*.... :pac:

*you could buy an Essence polish with that Euro.

I'm not trying to be cheap, just y'know, trying to be helpful...... :cool:

And I ain't a bad influence :P
    Thanks for letting me know :D I emailed Barry m about it because their twitter team are pure useless for replying to comments other than the ones like: "look at how awesome my stash is! I <3 barry m"
    I bought some polish off of ASOS as a gift so if they arrive safely then I'll definitely buy more polish from them in the future

Oh and I actually have a manicure post :D I always forget to post these :rolleyes:

Beads+ink+china+glaze+electrify+3.JPG

China Glaze Riveting with an accent nail of China Glaze Electrify :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Cult Nails are another great indie polish brand - amazing colours!! I got three of their polishes a while back, they're really good quality as well.

The Essence Snow White polishes were in Mary St Penneys today, up near the tills. Only thing is that the stands were absolutely raided!! One was completely empty and in the other most of the glitter polishes were gone, but there was loads of the mini polishes. I got the last bottle of the purple glitter!! I made a little squeal when I saw it, and the girl beside me gave me such an odd look, clearly she wasn't a polish fanatic :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Girls just to let you know ELF(Eyes Lips Face) are having a 50% sale off all nail stuff for 24 hours. It'll be over after tommorrow so if you want some you better get moving quick. Polishes are €3 so that would make it €1.50 each :eek::eek: I want some so bad but I am restraining myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Girls just to let you know ELF(Eyes Lips Face) are having a 50% sale off all nail stuff for 24 hours. It'll be over after tommorrow so if you want some you better get moving quick. Polishes are €3 so that would make it €1.50 each :eek::eek: I want some so bad but I am restraining myself!!

I find their polishes a bit hit and miss to be honest. I know you can't really complain with the price of them but the likes of Essence and Catrice are in the same price bracket and much better quality. Maybe that's just me though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

nursemar88 wrote: »

I honestly wouldn't touch ELF polishes ever again, I bought three ages ago and they were awful quality. Considering the quality of the Essence Colour & Go for 1.29, you're not missing out by restraining yourself! x

MusicalX - just letting you know re ASOS, I ordered on Monday, got a dispatch e-mail yesterday and just got an e-mail now to let me know that the polish is with An Post in Ireland. It should be here tomorrow or Friday, so that's about 3-4 days in total. I've always been delighted with their service!

MusicalX - just letting you know re ASOS, I ordered on Monday, got a dispatch e-mail yesterday and just got an e-mail now to let me know that the polish is with An Post in Ireland. It should be here tomorrow or Friday, so that's about 3-4 days in total. I've always been delighted with their service!

oooh that's great!! Praying for an email tomorrow so I might get them friday. That would make my week!! It's my first time ordering from them and I worry about nail polish coming in the post :(

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Angel8ie

Splash nail polish free in cosmopolitan. They have pink, yellow and orange:)

• Advertisement

lizt wrote: »
    I find their polishes a bit hit and miss to be honest. I know you can't really complain with the price of them but the likes of Essence and Catrice are in the same price bracket and much better quality. Maybe that's just me though?
    I honestly wouldn't touch ELF polishes ever again, I bought three ages ago and they were awful quality. Considering the quality of the Essence Colour & Go for 1.29, you're not missing out by restraining yourself! x
    Ok I feel better now about not buying any. I only have two ELF polishes and they are grand. One is a glitter tho so it's hard to tell. Thanks girls :D I;ll stick to Essence and Catrice :D

Oh and I actually have a manicure post :D I always forget to post these :rolleyes:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EL5ID85PcYk/T-y-udA4aqI/AAAAAAAABRA/fkTaEyGpvfY/s400/Beads+ink+china+glaze+electrify+3.JPG

China Glaze Riveting with an accent nail of China Glaze Electrify :)
    They are fab. I love Riveting, am mad to get it.

Cannot wait to start my course, moar monies for polishes :D

How did you find Riveting, did it dry quickly? What was it like to apply? And did it take many coats?

Re; Asos, I've bought from them loads, only ever taken 3-4 days for my orders to arrive, polishes and clothes :D Hope you get yours soon!

I once bought a manicure set from ELF and to be honest it was rubbish quality. I haven't bought any polishes from them since and refuse to buy any.

As others have said Essence and Catrice are far better.

They are fab. I love Riveting, am mad to get it.

Cannot wait to start my course, moar monies for polishes :D

How did you find Riveting, did it dry quickly? What was it like to apply? And did it take many coats?

Re; Asos, I've bought from them loads, only ever taken 3-4 days for my orders to arrive, polishes and clothes :D Hope you get yours soon!

Dried quick enough! not as quick as essence but still very quick :)Application was so smooth and It only needed two coats. I have the proper review up next week for it but it is a nice polish :) I have a matching ring and I love it :P

Oh thanks for the info! I bought the polish as a present and I really need it to get here soon :) Excited!

Oh what course? you need to blog more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Can anyone recommend a nice baby pink or a nice bubblegum pink?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The Essence Snow White polishes were in Mary St Penneys today, up near the tills. Only thing is that the stands were absolutely raided!! One was completely empty and in the other most of the glitter polishes were gone, but there was loads of the mini polishes. I got the last bottle of the purple glitter!! I made a little squeal when I saw it, and the girl beside me gave me such an odd look, clearly she wasn't a polish fanatic :p

:eek: I didn't see any in there yesterday, so jelz of you! I check Penney's O'Connell St today and there none to be found.

Jan is quiet nice http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123720185699_-1

Barry m strawberry pink is gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I'm mad to get this! It's called Floam and made by the blogger Nail Venturous. It's incredible looking! I will get this polish.

Nail-venterous+Floam+2.JPG

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    I'm mad to get this! It's called Floam and made by the blogger Nail Venturous. It's incredible looking! I will get this polish.

]

I heard it's a nightmare. Takes forever to dry and you need a few coats to build it up. I was dying to get it too but there are way to many flaws in it for me :)

Crap! Ah Well! :D Just say someone trying to sell it on Ebay at a starting bid of 50 quid :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Ive been on a mad spree in the last few days. Look at my haul hehehe!!

Essence Luxury secret.
    DSC01922.JPG

Essence: Time for romance.
    time-for-romance-2.jpg

Essence: Choose me.
    ChooseMe1.JPG

Essence: Iced Latte
    Essence-Nude-Glam-Iced-Latte.jpg

Essence: Make it Golden
    6250369221_954e390ac3.jpg

Essence: Black is back
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq6T2n62wwGRh9WUUKeuZvy2fUY23G-yIg1EjtqWF4QgSSIOqZsG5STq-n9A

Essence: lets get lost
    essence-lets-get-lost1-c.jpg

Essence: Camouflage

Essence-Camouflage.JPG

Essence quick dry top coat.
    [IMGhttp://www.essence.eu/uploads/tx_cosnovaslider/ess_QuickDryTopcoat.png][/IMG]

Essence nail art express dry drops
    ess_NailArt_drydrops_whitecap.png

Essence Fruity: Lemon
    fruity8.JPG

Essence french glam tattoo stickers
    ess_FrenchGlamTatooStickers_01.png

Essence nail fruits
    Essence+nail+fruits.png

Catrice: Sing hey dirty Lilah
    Catrice-nagellak-swatch-630-Sing-Hey-Dirty-Lilah4.jpg

I also bought Sally hansen insta dri top coat. (Im on the search for the perfect fat drying topcoat )

And finally the one im wearing

Catrice Birdy Reloaded

2012-07-04230906-1.jpg

The last one im wearing right now and that an actual pic of my nails. if you look really closely at the ring finger there is a little bow from the french glam nail tattoos on the nail :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Barry M Strawberry ice-cream, W7 Baby Pink :)

This is one of my favorite! Inexpensive Asian brand SKINFOOD (Ebay is filled with them) This is Lychee

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-L6y3kmaRH6Y/T3spOorrF4I/AAAAAAAAA4o/DE8FMP3JgR8/s1600/April+3rd+2012+018.JPG

My own hand btw :)

Dried quick enough! not as quick as essence but still very quick :)Application was so smooth and It only needed two coats. I have the proper review up next week for it but it is a nice polish :) I have a matching ring and I love it :P

Oh thanks for the info! I bought the polish as a present and I really need it to get here soon :) Excited!

Oh what course? you need to blog more :D
    I have to get it soooooooon :D I love orange polishes, they are so bright and cheerful :D Can't wait for your review :D

Hope your polishes come soon :D

This course :D - It's only a short course, buuuuut it means moar monies :D

http://kiosk.fas.ie/Default.aspx?q=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

Haha I do, gonna update today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

The aptly named "NYC Bubblegum Pink" is lovely, for a cheap version. OR OPI Shorts Story, which I have (as well as the NYC one) is also a nice one. Nails Inc do Brompton Place..(I think it's "place) also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I NEED Snow White stuff - how many toppers are there?
    there's 8 polishes and then toppers?
    Squeal
    Here is one of the new NI Sprinkles I got - Topping Lane
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I am going to paint my nails today :D squee I can't wait. (off to the docs first tho boo :() They will look so perty for my birthday tomorrow.

Am wondering tho, does anyone know anything (obviously ye do!) about cuticle sticks/cuticle removers that don't cost many monies. I have some serious cuticles and they can be a dick to push back without a stick etc so looking to get a stick or even better remover to help with the polish application process.

Doing my nails already takes FOREVERZ!!!! So I want them to be perfect (they are going to take twice as long this time as I am going to try some fancy nail art on them when the polish is on :D

My favourite bubblegum pink is Boots 17 Lasting Fix in Fairy Cake. I love it :)

6o1yyc.jpg
    Pic not my own, source:http://imaginationincolour.co.uk/2011/08/boots-17-lasting-fix-fairy-cake-html/

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Angel8ie

I NEED Snow White stuff - how many toppers are there?
    there's 8 polishes and then toppers?
    Squeal
    Here is one of the new NI Sprinkles I got - Topping Lane
    :D

Think it's 3 toppers. I just got evil queen(purple topper), prince charming (blue topper) and dopey. There was one other topper in there, a kind of gold one. Prince charming goes on lovely and the dopey polish is nice too. The evil queen topper looks amazing in the bottle but as with a lot of the larger glitters, you don't get much coverage per coat unless you put it on super thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

ladypip wrote: »
    Essence: Choose me
    Essence: lets get lost

Those 2 stain like a mother ...... double up on the base coat!

• Advertisement

Orlee wrote: »
    Those 2 stain like a mother ...... double up on the base coat!

Choose me doesn't stain my nails at all

Advertisement