Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Angel8ie

ladypip wrote: »
    If anybody spots the snow white essence range in Dublin could they post the location, Im dying to get my hands on some!!!

Does anybody have a remover recommendation? The one im using at the mo is ruining my nails. I have tried the Mavala one and loved it but i cant find it anywhere.

I hear ya on the polish remover thing. I use one from boots. I can't remember the name but it's the acetone free one and it has a sponge inside so you just kinda dip your finger in and it removes the polish.

Any of the boots acetone free stuff has worked really well for me. Hope that helps

Novella wrote: »
    I am done with glitter nail varnish! I actually cannot deal with taking .

not sure if you've tried it but for taking off glitters I just put nail polish remover on a make up pad, place it over the nail and wrap in tin foil. Wait ten mins and the glitter comes right off. Works wonders and it's a ten min job without the normal scrubbing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Angel8ie wrote: »
    not sure if you've tried it but for taking off glitters I just put nail polish remover on a make up pad, place it over the nail and wrap in tin foil. Wait ten mins and the glitter comes right off. Works wonders and it's a ten min job without the normal scrubbing:)

I will give it a try next time I'm brave enough to put on some glitter! :pac: Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

I found the boots acetone free one to be really great on my nails too!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Went a bit mad today :o Got all these in a pharmacy in the Midlands

Catrice - My Cafe Au Lait at Notre-Dame
    DSC03274-1-168x300.jpg

Catrice - It's Rambo No.5
    Catr_Nailpolish_UNL670_PI.jpg

Catrice -Meet me at Coral Island
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaumDaziOPmn8MlzONDEKG4o530nswbG6d1l6lAqUmVpf-VNG5Yx3Kh17Swg

Essence Special Effect Topper - Night in Vegas
    essence_nightinvegas001

Essence Special Effect Topper - Hello Holo
    worth-the-risque-hello-holo-2.jpg

Essence So Fruity (Kiwi)
    essence-fruity-onekiwiaday8.jpg

Essence Choose Me!
    Essence_Choose_Me_OPI_Catch_Me_In_Your_Net_Zoya_Charla_01a.jpg

Essence Circus Circus Cotton Candy
    Essence_Circus_Circus_TE_Cotton_Candy_nail_polish_parokeets.jpg

Rimmel - Azure
    100_5881.JPG

Rimmel - Oyster Pink
    5913659018_bcff9391d1.jpg

Bourjois So Laque! Bleu Violet
    DSC_0152.JPG

Tried the Bourjois one already, I only bought it because I wanted to try Bourjois nail polishes and it was half price. Not impressed. It's very gloopy and needs a few coats for it to look half decent and takes ages to dry.

• Advertisement

I will give it a try next time I'm brave enough to put on some glitter! :pac: Thanks :)

Definitely do. There's some amazing indie glitter polishes around. Shame not to try them ;) the essense snow white topper in purple looks amazing too, it's on my list:)

Unless you're willing to spend a fortune don't go to the penneys in Galway. I bought TWENTY polishes. It's a good job they're only a couple of euro each :) I shall have to post my haul soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I took off the Essence coperize me topper the other night - used the foil method, wasn't budging otherwise.

I need to get me some decent remover - am stuck using the smelly essence one at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Sally Hansen FB page just posted that the Gem Crush polishes are going to start being sold here very soon! Can't wait, they're all so pretty :D

Also, I NEED that purple Essence Snow White polish.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭magztar

Has anyone seen the snow white and the huntsman polishes yet the essence ones? I need the glitter toppers!!

Pennys in hedaford road,galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Angel8ie wrote: »
    I use this for ages everytime I wear glitter polish and it works so well! No more annoying scrubing! :D
    Saorenza wrote: »
    I took off the Essence coperize me topper the other night - used the foil method, wasn't budging otherwise.

I need to get me some decent remover - am stuck using the smelly essence one at the moment.
    OMG that essence stuff stinks. My niece had it and was using it in my sitting room at the weekend. stunk up the room for ages and gave us all headaches!! :(

If you want a good nail polish remover you should try Sally Hansen Acetone Free Polish Remover. I honestly swear by it. Two cotton pads with this stuff will remove every last bit! here's what it looks like: http://images.letsbuyit.co.uk/original/31/45/sally-hansen-acetone-free-nail-polish-remover-10374531.jpeg

Pay day tomorrow, guys. Essie stand in Boots will be getting a wee visit! :)

Pay day tomorrow, guys. Essie stand in Boots will be getting a wee visit! :)

no it's so overpriced :P
    http://www.cloud10beauty.com/essie-nail-polish-html.html

http://beautyemporium.ie/index.php/brands/essie.html

:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

musical.x wrote: »
    no it's so overpriced :P

I actually couldn't believe the price! €13.95 I think it was? Madness, considering they're like $8 in every second pharmacy in the US! The prices in your link are great, damn you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Cloud10Beauty have a great points system. You can use up to 1500 points in one transactions so you'll get a decent polish out of it. I'm currently saving mine up for one of the Nicole by OPI's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

My first ever china glaze polish arrived today I bought it on eBay. It's 'towel boy toy' and the most awesome cookie monster blue! :D can't wait to swatch this bad boy.

Will be heading to chemist tomorrow in search of snow white glitter polishes I have to have the blue and purple -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Trying to buy Barry m from ASOS but they have the wrong names for the purple :( Has any one bought them from asos?

ASOS are great for polish, I got all of my Barry M's there bar two. They do come by post, usually in a box and I've had to sign for all my ASOS orders so far. Love that they're free delivery and take laser.
    If anybody spots the snow white essence range in Dublin could they post the location, Im dying to get my hands on some!!!

Does anybody have a remover recommendation? The one im using at the mo is ruining my nails. I have tried the Mavala one and loved it but i cant find it anywhere.

Boots have BRILLIANT nail remover pads, one pad even got rid of three coats of thick glitter polish, I can't remember the name but they're Boots own brand and they're in a black pot with a white label. I'm using the Essence one at the minute and I have to use it outside!

I need that goddang snow white stuff! NOW! Out of 3 Essence stands, one has the fruity thing with no stock left on it, one still has marble mania, and one has a mish-mash of marble stuff and leftover circus stuff (not polish, boo).

I found an Irish link for anyone who likes Butter London - almost lost the run of myself and ordered one today but I'm not paying 15quid for a brand I'm not familiar with. Really liked the look of All Hail the Queen but think I've an Essence dupe, and also loved Knackered but I think the Barry M silvery lilac I got on ASOS is pretty similar judging by google.

Here's the site for anyone who is lusting after a BL: http://www.beautymatters.ie/lacquers-c-22_56.html?page=4&sort=5a

Lots of Barry M and Rimmel under e3 on ASOS at the minute, and with the price of Essence & Catrice e15 just seems mental. The only reason I got the nOPI polish on Littlewoods was because Mum was placing an order and had a discount to use, so it wasn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I have butter London all hail the queen and it's not worth the money in my opinion. Beautiful colour but it was Wearing off the tips of my nails after a day (even with my normal too coat) so I didn't think that good enough for the price

I'm with you on the snow white toppers I will let you know if I find any!!

Going to do some window shopping tomorrow for the nailpolish swap! I'm stupidly excited about this. Also browsing the web for some other ideas :) I'm going to do a bit of late night nail design so watch this space :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

oh I love All Hail the Queen! It's a shame the holo glitter doesn't really show up unless it's quite bright though. beautymatters.ie is a good site - ordered most of my BL polishes from there and it pretty much always arrived the next day :)

I want that Red Black Barry M polish so much! Been wanting Chanel Rouge Noir for ages, but if the Barry M is a dupe than it's a no brainer which one to get :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 DuvetCover

Debenhams sell a mavala remover. I'v also seen it in Sam McCauleys, hope this helps!

I'm dying to get some Indie polishes such as Picture Polish or Glitter Gal. Has anyone have any experience buy any of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Happy Independence Day!

4thjulyeagle.bmp

The little finger just had 'USA' on it but I smudged it when I was taking the camera out, no bloody patience :rolleyes:

Oh wow! I love you! :D

wait I have more :D enter JULY4 in the discount box and get 10% off on beauty emporium on essie, opi, china glaze for today only ;)

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    I'm dying to get some Indie polishes such as Picture Polish or Glitter Gal. Has anyone have any experience buy any of them?

I have smitten polish (indie) and I love them so much! the lady that sells them is a star :D Her prices are really fair too and shipping to Ireland isn't that dear.

Oh and how long do asos take to deliver? I goy an email this morning saying they were just sent out for delivery.

wait I have more :D enter JULY4 in the discount box and get 10% off on beauty emporium on essie, opi, china glaze for today only ;)

Aw crap, I'd already ordered 2 essie nail varnishes from cloud10!

(And I bought the Sigma Make Me Crazy travel kit while I was there :pac:)

Aw crap, I'd already ordered 2 essie nail varnishes from cloud10!

(And I bought the Sigma Make Me Crazy travel kit while I was there :pac:)

Oooh which ones did you get? I've been eyeing up Jag-u-are ;)

Oooh which ones did you get? I've been eyeing up Jag-u-are ;)

I got Aperitif and Pillow Talk.

42292a69a97f3d33bde4193fadb8.jpg

pillow_talk.png

• Advertisement

Going to do some window shopping tomorrow for the nailpolish swap! I'm stupidly excited about this. Also browsing the web for some other ideas :) I'm going to do a bit of late night nail design so watch this space :D

Ooh me too. Really excited. Got a great swap partner too, can't wait to get the polishes this weekend :D

Advertisement