Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

yournerd wrote: »
    Why what happened?
    What didn't happen?

First I tripped on a perfectly level footpath on the way in as if there was a brick or something sticking up out of it.

Then before classes started myself and my friend had to go out to get something from the secretary's car that we needed for a fundraiser.....and we couldn't open the boot. She came out and had it open in a second.

After first class, I slipped down 2 or 3 stair into the middle of a group of randomers.

During the rest of the day I tripped up the stairs 4 times.

I left my oral notebook in my locker after having the first part of it after school. I need to have the first 10 sraith pictiur learned for after school on Monday and I still have about 4 of them to learn. So now I'll just have to make them up as I go along instead of learning them off.

I've been constantly dropping stuff all day.

To top it all off, I couldn't do my maths homework. That's not much of a surprise though, I've barely been able to do it for weeks. I can always do the first 2 or 3 questions but after that turns into gibberish to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Not to scare anybody but 95 days left :O

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

My teachers keep mentioning things from our pre papers and I am continually relising how many pointless mistakes I'm after making from reading the questions wrong! Maybe I'll be doing worse than I thought ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I love Biology.

Not a massive fan of it. Some parts are fascinating, others are boring as ****. Always found it very easy though. By far my easiest subject(compared to Physics, Chem, Applied Maths). Walked into Biology mock having done absolutely no study for it, presuming the fact I'd been doing well in every other test for it with minimum work. Hadn't even opened a book bar until the half hour I had between exams because it was the same day as Irish P2 which took all my attention. We'll see how the result goes. Not up to my usual standard at all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RockyRob

WHAT DO I STUDY FOR IRISH!!?? I really think Im gonna fail. What titles do i need to study under in the prose and poetry. Do I really need all the fiuntas detail :O

My teacher doesnt give notes.

HELP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

RockyRob wrote: »
    WHAT DO I STUDY FOR IRISH!!?? I really think Im gonna fail. What titles do i need to study under in the prose and poetry. Do I really need all the fiuntas detail :O

My teacher doesnt give notes.

HELP

Well for every two marks in the Pros, Poetry and An Trial (or whatever you're having yourself!) you need a revelevant point. So for example if they ask a question on a poets life for 10 marks you would be expected to have all of what Fiuntas days as it would barely have 5 points on the life of the poet!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Any tips for oral Irish? I have my mock in the morning and I'm gonna be honest, I haven't studied at all. I'd be okay to blabber through it, I'd usually get about 60%ish (Honours) but I'm now regretting not learning off stuff! advice?

Anyone know for French do you say your exam number in pairs like you do for a phone number??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Charlie, no, single digits

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, IRC BANTER. COME VISIT US.
    http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#lc2013

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

so tired!!! effort of the mocks only stating to hit me now:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Anyone know for French do you say your exam number in pairs like you do for a phone number??

I'm sure it wouldn't matter, but I'd say saying it just singularly may be less complicated!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

I go to an irish school if anyone wants tips and omgggggggggg i hate this year so mch.

for irish.. the pros and poetry are only like 5%. try get full marks in the comprehensions and gafa. the rest doesnt matter..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

yournerd wrote: »
    for irish.. the pros and poetry are only like 5%. try get full marks in the comprehensions and gafa. the rest doesnt matter..

Well collectively they're worth 10%, if you want an A or a very high B you can't really neglect them!

Well don't neglect them but do the questions in order of marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I'm only getting up now :O

If the mocks are anything to go by I'm going to sleep for a solid week after the Leaving Cert. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

decisions wrote: »
    I'm only getting up now :O

If the mocks are anything to go by I'm going to sleep for a solid week after the Leaving Cert. :P

That makes two of us!

Had a French oral today and forgot everything! :( I couldn't make up a sentence for anything :(

Had a French oral today and forgot everything! :( I couldn't make up a sentence for anything :(
    That was the story of my mock oral.

I have my French mock oral Monday week... I'm just hoping mine doesn't end up like that. :|
    Do you have your document done?

• Advertisement

ray2012 wrote: »
    I have my French mock oral Monday week... I'm just hoping mine doesn't end up like that. :|
    I decided against the document in the end, 'twas too much work.

really? :O To be honest, I didn't find preparing mine too much work! Took a few hours and it was sorted! :) It's not too hard to learn either tbh. But I suppose it's down to preference! Our teacher makes us do a document. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Same, really hope I don't regret it but tbh I think I've left it too late to do anything decent!

Ya I had a document aswell :) I guess it helped but she asked me so much detail on each photo and she asked me about the economic crisis :( I sat there trying to string together a few words :( have to say I didn't study as much as I should so i guess it's my fault!

Ya I had a document aswell :) I guess it helped but she asked me so much detail on each photo and she asked me about the economic crisis :( I sat there trying to string together a few words :( have to say I didn't study as much as I should so i guess it's my fault!

What's yours on? Mine is on the environment. I thought about doing on that cause I'll be covered also if it comes up on the written section of the paper, so I'm hitting two birds with one stone! :P Ah, I'm sure you didn't do too bad! And at least it's better not doing too great now than in the real thing! You know now that you have to study for the real thing. ;)

What's yours on? Mine is on the environment. I thought about doing on that cause I'll be covered also if it comes up on the written section of the paper, so I'm hitting two birds with one stone! :P Ah, I'm sure you didn't do too bad! And at least it's better not doing too great now than in the real thing! You know now that you have to study for the real thing. ;)
    I did it on food in Ireland and France but I'm thinking of changing it :) I was asked questions and I brought up the topic of tourism and from there kept digging a bigger hole for myself :( I went onto talking about the airport and that somehow turned into a conversation on unemployment and when she asked me about the economic crisis I was shocked and said "je Pense que la solution est pres" I think she thought I was mad but at least I never have to see her again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Didn't get much of a lie-in this morning and promised myself I would get up at about 8 tomorrow to get study done...Gonna be fun! :L

I did it on food in Ireland and France but I'm thinking of changing it :) I was asked questions and I brought up the topic of tourism and from there kept digging a bigger hole for myself :( I went onto talking about the airport and that somehow turned into a conversation on unemployment and when she asked me about the economic crisis I was shocked and said "je Pense que la solution est pres" I think she thought I was mad but at least I never have to see her again! :)

Ah cool. :) Oh, did you actually get a proper person in to do the French oral? Our teacher is just doing it for us!

Ah cool. :) Oh, did you actually get a proper person in to do the French oral? Our teacher is just doing it for us!
    Ya we got an external examiner that does orals for the leaving so we paid her a tenner

• Advertisement

We had an examiner in for our mock French oral too, didn't cost us anything, she is very good friends with out teacher and she owed her a favour :P

I think it's important to do an oral with a few different examiners because its very easy to get used to the way your teacher asks the questions. I got cought out on a simple question on past times because I had not herd the question asked the way it was before.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement