Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

...honestly, I've seen VW before as support for Arcade Fire and I was kinda disappointed. Good gig, but I was expecting more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Colm! wrote: »
    ...honestly, I've seen VW before as support for Arcade Fire and I was kinda disappointed. Good gig, but I was expecting more.
    Arcade Fire and Vampire Weekend in the one gig :O

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

I was at that same concert!! Personally I just love vampire weekend, but the rest of the acts in the line up look pretty great as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Has anyone been collecting the LC supplements? Any helpful?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

yournerd wrote: »

I've got the ones from the Irish Times and thought they were decent. A nice break from studying anyway ;)

Some good tips and advice in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I got the Irish times ones, the maths one was by far and away the best of all the supplements, the others were quite useful though all the same! I have started collecting the Irish Independent Exam Brief ones but they're not as good, I dunno what it is maybe they're just not as comprehensive as the Irish Times ones, I still get them nonetheless, €1.90 isn't a bad price to pay for a study guide, a helluva lot cheaper than a grind ;)

Why there's an embarrassed face in my poat above I'll never know......

It clearly isn't supposed to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

One of my teachers gave me a few of these that she got in the papers the last few weeks was grand and handy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I was at that same concert!! Personally I just love vampire weekend, but the rest of the acts in the line up look pretty great as well
    Wasn't it just magical? I'd do quite a bit to see them again.

For Longitude, Foals and Phoenix are the stand-out headliners. TEED, Young Wonder etc. kick ass too. Great up-and-coming talent... and Kraftwerk. WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT? (I'm still unsure if I'll wait for the Picnic lineup)

Oh and bluejay; ": O" is embarrassed face, not surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Why there's an embarrassed face in my poat above I'll never know......

It clearly isn't supposed to be there.

Nothing wrong with a bit of Miley Cyrus ;)

• Advertisement

Wasn't it just magical? I'd do quite a bit to see them again.

For Longitude, Foals and Phoenix are the stand-out headliners. TEED, Young Wonder etc. kick ass too. Great up-and-coming talent... and Kraftwerk. WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT? (I'm still unsure if I'll wait for the Picnic lineup)

It was amazing, i simply have to see arcade fire live again! Im going to wait for the Picnic Lineup, just too see if they have any really amazing acts this year, otherwise i'll probably head to Longitude :D

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

My art teacher told us today she flicked through all our papers before they were sent away and nearly the whole class picked the same essay and it was an artist we haven't even covered yet.... There's no hope for us :P

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Someone in my home ec picked the wrong elective :/ and they failed!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I found the supplement in The Irish Times (I think?) from yesterday for the languages fairly helpful. It's 'The Written Word' and they had some useful French phrases in particular! We get them every week in school with Foinse and the newspaper. I'd really recommend getting them, they have great advice for some subjects I find. :)

On a different note, do ye all just learn off phrases/seanfhocails and vocabulary you'll need for each sraith picture (e.g róth stiurtha in SP1(i think)) or how do you do it? If anyone had a set of phrases that could be used in many SP's I'd really appreciate them. :) Coming up with French phrases is so much easier than finding Irish ones !

Someone in my home ec picked the wrong elective :/ and they failed!

A girl in my year went off and did 2 part A's on english paper 1 and had started the third, by the time she realised and scribbled a part b she had half an hour for the essay :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

A girl in my year went off and did 2 part A's on english paper 1 and had started the third, by the time she realised and scribbled a part b she had half an hour for the essay :/

Now in all fairness that's a ridiculous mistake to make.

**** I missed the maths ones :( I hate 6th year so fuming much

But there wasn't supposed to be a face at all there!

However, you have enlightened me Colm. I usually tend to avoid any kind of emoticon, unless it's sad or happy, when I'm either on the phone or tablet. At least on the laptop you can see the pictures!!

Non-uniform day tomorrow. So much yet so little to wear.........at the rate I'm picking clothes for one day, college is going to be a disaster next year....

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Kodaline high hopes <3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Before the English exam, one guy in my year was convinced firstly he had to do all the comprehensions, and then that he had to do A and B from the same text. He literally only learnt the paper structure 2 minutes before the exam, despite the fact the teacher made a point of telling him directly in class how the paper was set.

In other news, I have returned from my (voluntary) forum ban. Mocks finished without any use of spoilers, and no disasters. Don't have to worry about the results for a few days now either. Now for the weekend celebrations. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Nice to see you back.

Mocks finished here too, they were a mixed bag, some good, some bad. No major fups I should have all the results in the next 2 weeks or so.

I'm really not looking forward to getting my maths back! What a horrible paper 1 I do physics and I'm not sure I got the planets q. fully out!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 tommullane

decisions wrote: »
    Nice to see you back.

Mocks finished here too, they were a mixed bag, some good, some bad. No major fups I should have all the results in the next 2 weeks or so.

I'm really not looking forward to getting my maths back! What a horrible paper 1 I do physics and I'm not sure I got the planets q. fully out!
    I do physics also and I got all parts bar the ratios at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

decisions wrote: »
    Nice to see you back.

My P1 was poor as well with stupid mistakes made throughout. Hopefully they weren't enough to upset my grade too greatly. Had the same paper by the sounds of it, and made a mess of the same question, making my satellite solution stupidly (and incorrectly) complex, despite knowing what I was trying to do. Maths and Biology were the two that went worst for me I feel. Will have to wait and see.

I give up on biology like.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I give up on biology like.

It's actually the most boring subject I'm doing. It was ok in 5th year, it was doable even though I hated it. This year it has just gotten worse, can't handle it anymore. It's the subject I'm pretty much abandoning! :P :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

March 1st? Crap. How'd that happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I love Biology.

There's just so much like and every picture is sooo detailed im like go away please.

I'm seem to be cursed with bad luck today.......

• Advertisement

Why what happened?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement