Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

The real listening is going to be so much easier than the mocks. It's a lot slower for a start and the content isn't as difficult. I do think it should be played three times instead of two though.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I much prefer the French. I think it's so easy the Irish doesn't even give you a chance to hear the answers with its two hearings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I agree! I feel that playing it two times doesn't test your Irish at all... It tests how much your brain can remember/comprehend while still writing your answer to the.previous question :p Absolute nonsense and they advise us to just listen the first time?! Christ... They're a mad bunch! :L

Anyone hear going to do courses at Leeson St. over Easter? They're very expensive but I've heard great feedback about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I may be doing physics 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Am I the only one absolutely dreading the thoughts of the debs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Yes, why would you dread them?

As regards leeson street, your money would be a hell of a lot better spent on one to one grinds, for the same money you'd still manage at least 10 hours of grinds.

peekachoo wrote: »
    I'm not even thinking about the debs. Maybe after the lc, but really I'm not fussed about it.

Methememb wrote: »
    Yes, why would you dread them?

As regards leeson street, your money would be a hell of a lot better spent on one to one grinds, for the same money you'd still manage at least 10 hours of grinds.

The notes though!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

I love the irish listening! One of my favorite parts of the exam. I always seem to do pretty well in it! :) but then again, I have spent a lot of time in the Gaeltacht so that helps!

• Advertisement

0mega wrote: »

The notes though!
    Depends on the subject.

decisions wrote: »
    I'm not even thinking about the debs. Maybe after the lc, but really I'm not fussed about it.

It was only on my mind today cause we had to pay deposits today. I probably won't go tbh

I went to the Christmas one and to be 100% honest have looked at the notes about once since.

I always use my physics notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

LCVP portfolio finished today :)

I would be if I didn't have someone to go with. It was such a relief when the person I wanted to come said they wanted too! :P

On a different note I'm drunk with no homework done and all I want to do is sleep. Wasn't a very smart idea ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Jade. wrote: »
    I would be if I didn't have someone to go with. It was such a relief when the person I wanted to come said they wanted too! :P

On a different note I'm drunk with no homework done and all I want to do is sleep. Wasn't a very smart idea ha
    ooh lovely :)

Ahahaha sure why not, Yolo and all that jazz? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Haven't been on here in a long while. Last year to be exact!

Anyone repeating? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

Love/Hate was being filmed in my estate today. Got a picture with Tommy and Aido. :)

• Advertisement

Cool, but they killed Darren :'(

ooh lovely :)

Ahahaha sure why not, Yolo and all that jazz? :P
    I'm easily influenced shouldn't go to events on Tuesdays nights ha didn't even have homework in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I actually couldn't give a flying f**k about Love/Hate, I cannot stand it!

Watched the movie "21" last night, unreal!

Watched the movie "21" last night, unreal!
    Card counting film? That was brilliant.

decisions wrote: »
    Card counting film? That was brilliant.

That's the one :D One of those films where you want to become the main character after!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I passed HL Maths! :D Got a D2 (almost D1), two thirds of the class failed. Absolutely delighted. :D

That's the one :D One of those films where you want to become the main character after!
    I learned how to count cards after watching that film :P

I actually started reading up on it today :D Friend and I are planning on hustling in school :cool:

• Advertisement

Once you are good at basic mental maths it's not majorly difficult when you have learned the system.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement