Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Methememb wrote: »
    Liven up a bit would ya?
    Oi, havin' a dig at me are ya! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Breaking Dawn part 2 won 7 awards at the Razzies last night. Bahahahahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I was supposed to have my pre Irish oral the day before we got midterm and never went I because I didn't know any sraith pictiurs and now I have it tomorrow and in the same state... Why do I do this to myself... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Jade. wrote: »
    I was supposed to have my pre Irish oral the day before we got midterm and never went I because I didn't know any sraith pictiurs and now I have it tomorrow and in the same state... Why do I do this to myself... :P
    I did out most of the sraithpictiúirí key vocab for each one. It helps me but not sure if it would help others. Its at this link anyway you never know could suit you!

http://leavingcertnotes.blog.com/irish/

Thanks for that! I really need to sit down and learn them keep putting it off because I don't count Irish in my points!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Who's up for a bit if this http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=lc2013 later on tonight?

Yes, I realise I'm not Colm and have no right to attempt to instigate IRC sessions :p

On the contrary, if someone else in this channel wants to register with Q I'll let them operate the channel. Wasn't around to last night :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Trying to sell a PS3 on DoneDeal/Adverts and it is very frustrating. People make contact with me expressing their interest but then just seem to ignore me after that.

I had agreed a price with one person and we were supposed to arrange to meet last friday but I haven't heard from him since. One or two others have texted asking if I'm still selling the PS3 but then they don't reply after I text them back.

Very frustrating, need the money. :mad:

As it happens I'm selling a PS3 in like 3 hours and I can't fucking find my AV cable.

Colm! wrote: »
    As it happens I'm selling a PS3 in like 3 hours and I can't fucking find my AV cable.

Out of interest, what PS3 is it and how much are you getting?

the original 60GB. Only getting €106 for it (yes, six euro...), that's with two controllers etc. only selling two games with it in the hopes I might be able to get something off the others on trade-ins.
    Wanted to get €150 but nobody would pay it, so I settled. My laptop broke and I need the cash.

• Advertisement

the original 60GB. Only getting €106 for it (yes, six euro...), that's with two controllers etc. only selling two games with it in the hopes I might be able to get something off the others on trade-ins.
    Wanted to get €150 but nobody would pay it, so I settled. My laptop broke and I need the cash.

Selling the exact same thing. :pac:

Had agreed a deal for €110 which was a lot less than what I wanted, but got a text saying he got a PS3 somewhere else. Then had a really promising looking buyer for €200 but I agreed to drop to €180, we were supposed to meet Friday but now he is seemingly ignoring me. :o

A simple text showing he is no longer interested would be nice like...

You nearly got €200? Damn. Pretty sure you can get new Slims for €250 :L

You nearly got €200? Damn. Pretty sure you can get new Slims for €250 :L

Yup haha. I was delighted.

I just want to get it sold now as I really need the money but its tough when people don't reply, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

I've nearly 100 feedback on adverts :cool:
    I love it!

I love it!

I sold my 1st item on Adverts during the week but he never left any feedback for me. :(

ConorCBS wrote: »
    I sold my 1st item on Adverts during the week but he never left any feedback for me. :(

:eek: Send him a PM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Poufsouffle

I love it!

What do you sell?!

Finally got through to one of the people who text me saying he was interested. Said he was driving and would call me back in 10 minutes...

That was hours ago. :(

Phones, mainly iPhones and Samsung Galaxy S3's :D

Phones, mainly iPhones and Samsung Galaxy S3's :D

Big risk business for a teenager I would have thought... are you on eBay or just adverts only? Making much off it?

• Advertisement

Just adverts and done deal. Making a reasonable amount yeah :D Keeps me ticking over anyway.

Spent the last hour looking for a cheaper iPhone 4 for my mam missed out on a deal for €300 on the O2 site! This is how successful my pre results are gonna be... :P

not bad I have done bits in the past but find it annoying making sales with people on donedeal, hate meeting them and all that jazz

It can be effort but its worth it :D Jade if you like I'll let you know the next time I've one for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Got te first of my mock papers back today. Quite disappointed with 2 especially, thought I did a lot better. Especially as I've always gotten As in one othose subjects since 5th year.. I knee it wasn't going to be great but i didn't think it would be that bad.. I'll just go cry now :P
    Surprised with another subject, came out thinking I'd done terribly and I got a B1 :D
    So tired though, don't feel like doing anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Got te first of my mock papers back today. Quite disappointed with 2 especially, thought I did a lot better. Especially as I've always gotten As in one othose subjects since 5th year.. I knee it wasn't going to be great but i didn't think it would be that bad.. I'll just go cry now :P
    Surprised with another subject, came out thinking I'd done terribly and I got a B1 :D
    So tired though, don't feel like doing anything!

Out of interest, what date did you do those exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

All exams back now except for music which I should get back on Wednesday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Lucan Bohs wrote: »

Out of interest, what date did you do those exams?
    We started the 31st and finished the following Friday. I think those ones came back last Friday though. Also, some classes had their papers back as early as Tuesday for some subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

88% in English. :D So happy. Still waiting on Irish and Biology so hopefully I'll have them by Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Only have 3 and a half back..
    Getting desperate for the rest now :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement