Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legalize Cannabis Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yupya1

I don't know what street they were buying their drugs on!

To be honest it seems pretty reasonable for 100 plants and more

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

Ah I dunno bout that, Usually they are slightly over exaggerated due to the fact that its a drug haul! (based on speaking to several Gardai in my family)

I suppose nobody can confirm unless they have bought or sold that amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yupya1

Yeah have read loads of reports where the value seems to be hugely inflated.

But I'm sure with a little bit of knowledge, internet research and maths it can be worked out here.i.e

Average yield from one plant * by reasonable cost on street * 100 plants:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 J2G

Legalize cannabis ! lmao the country is asleep as it is up to our eyes in dept ya sure why not lets tranquilize and mong out everyone and dig ourselves a bigger hole then the one we are in already..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

J2G wrote: »
    Legalize cannabis ! lmao the country is asleep as it is up to our eyes in dept ya sure why not lets tranquilize and mong out everyone and dig ourselves a bigger hole then the one we are in already..... :rolleyes:

Dear god, you're right! as soon as its legal EVERYONE WILL START DOING IT! :rolleyes:

Seriously, no reasonable debate on this subject can be had until the reefer madness propaganda has been purged from certain peoples brains. I've given up reasoning with the pro-prohibition crowd, because their arguments do not come from a resonable place.

This nation of ours needs to grow up culturally before we can tackle this. I'm all for it being legal, but we need to tackle the attitude to drink first.

heres a tip, if something, anything, fecks you up, DONT DO IT!

as an aside, i'm off to the dam next month to see the stone roses... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Did you think trainspotting was about cannabis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Legalize cannabis ! lmao the country is asleep as it is up to our eyes in dept ya sure why not lets tranquilize and mong out :rolleyes:

Up to our eyes in the Dept. of what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Won't we be too stoned for digging holes?

Anyway they'd be lethal, we'd fall in to them

cian68 wrote: »
    Did you think trainspotting was about cannabis?

no ! it does kind off show you how f**K up life can be tho ....

mikom wrote: »
    Up to our eyes in the Dept. of what?

erm ! is the country not in dept last i looked it was very much in a hole :rolleyes:

As it goes for Legalize Cannabis Ireland that will never happen and a Thread is not going to change that either lol so i had my say like others did... ! next !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

erm ! is the country not in dept last i looked it was very much in a hole :rolleyes:

I think you might have a harder time than you thinking proving the country is in dept.

Debt maybe, but not dept.

Unless you mean the Dept. of Debt. Which might get a few nods.

• Advertisement

yes Logical Fallacy & mikom sorry for the typo yes it would be Debt..

yes Logical Fallacy & mikom sorry for the typo yes it would be Debt..

Cool, now that's over with what specific social and economic issues do you think would arise from the legalisation of cannabis?

Cool, now that's over with what specific social and economic issues do you think would arise from the legalisation of cannabis?

I don't have an issue with legalising cannabis as such its the more the case of what if it was legal !! the only things that would happen is certain peoples pockets get filled with cash nothing has changed there right.
    We have a massive problem with alcoholism in Ireland as it is and that is legal and anyone that says cannabis is not addictive or harmful is a liar iv seen it hands on.
    As it goes for specific social and economic issues it does affect the working economy and the non working economy, between people saying sod it I'm not doing the working thing any more i have weed to walk me through the day, or just being sent home or losing there job because of it all this leads to things going down hill.
    We have all this already with alcohol so its double bubble then the problems we had with one legal substance has now just increased and can be a financial hit for the economy!

There you go ! you did ask Logical Fallacy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Ah yes, because you know, no one does it at the moment, seeing as it's illegal...........

I don't have an issue with legalising cannabis as such its the more the case of what if it was legal !! the only things that would happen is certain peoples pockets get filled with cash nothing has changed there right.
    We have a massive problem with alcoholism in Ireland as it is and that is legal and anyone that says cannabis is not addictive or harmful is a liar iv seen it hands on.
    As it goes for specific social and economic issues it does affect the working economy and the non working economy, between people saying sod it I'm not doing the working thing any more i have weed to walk me through the day, or just being sent home or losing there job because of it all this leads to things going down hill.
    We have all this already with alcohol so its double bubble then the problems we had with one legal substance has now just increased and can be a financial hit for the economy!

Indeed I did, it's what I do when I want to know what people think about things. Up to now you didn't really give any valid reasons, so thanks for the taking the time.

I just leave this here though, read it if you want to think on things a little more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

get drunk, go out, blow 100-200 euro every weekend on door fees, taxis, food and overprice pints

get stoned, get some dominos and a movie.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Most arguments from the anti-weed side seem to assume nobody is smoking it at the moment because it's illegal?!?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Most arguments from the anti-weed side seem to assume nobody is smoking it at the moment because it's illegal?!?

Indeed.

I'd hazard a guess that it's legal status doesn't actually stop anyone smoking it who would otherwise.

Like speeding in your car or drunk driving, you either do it or you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I love how people say people will just get high, lose jobs and "mong" out all day. It is easier in this country to buy weed than alcohol. In 50 minutes I cant buy booze legally. I will be able to get as much weed as I want after 10 but not booze.
    If I wanted I could spend ever cent I earn on weed with no problems other than not having money.
    So whats the point of it being illegal? what will legal or decriminalised status change exactly?
    Nothing whats so ever. Other than maybe rules of who can buy it.
    Restrictions for minors would be a good thing dont you think?
    People who smoke weed can get it and criminal gangs profit. They dont care what age you are they just want money, and most of it is profit. Sure the guards raid dealers but its what one two dealers a week? There is a lot more going un-noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

Do you not think it would be a positive step for legitimate businessmen to line their pockets as opposed to criminals and gangs and such?
    You talk about our nation's problem with alcohol. Do you think it would be a positive step for the country if that was also prohibited?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Dubhlinner

Indeed.

I'd hazard a guess that it's legal status doesn't actually stop anyone smoking it who would otherwise.

Like speeding in your car or drunk driving, you either do it or you don't.

I agree with the sentiment but probably not a perfect analogy. People seemed to drink drive more before they started enforcing it. Hence the hullabaloo from rural pubs.

A good example is the headshops a few years back. Their fake cannabis product sold a bit but their fake ecstasy product was massively popular. People who'd never touched class A were lapping it up

If ecstasy was legalised everyone would be at it. Because ecstasy fits in with the Irish culture of loosening your inhibitions (drinking) talking and going to nightclubs

cannabis doesn't fit in with that at all. if anything makes people hate nightclubs even more.

The other thing is safety. People fear a pill could be anything but with cannabis its easy enough tell if its cannabis or not. So even though illegal people don't fear taking it.

end result is if you legalise cannabis f*ck all will change. Sadly that's the main reason people are against it. They think legality will increase consumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

This is an idiot my fellow boardsies, I hate people who have never smoked cannabis debate and talk about it as if they know what there talking about, so comeon J2G what is your take on cannabis for medicinal uses??? do some fecking reading http://naturalsociety.com/marijuana-and-cancer-relationship-destroy-cancer-cells/ then climb back into your hole because no one cares what you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I don't have an issue with legalising cannabis as such its the more the case of what if it was legal !!

does not compute...:confused:

Started work at 9 this morning....... drove to the job site in my taxed and insured vehicle.......... just in the door now after finishing up.
    Have a head cold......... may not have a vape tonight, and it doesn't even bother me.
    Also have beer in the fridge, but not interested.

How am I different?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

I'd take more of an intrest if it was about legalizing all drugs.

Why stop at Cannabis? Thats a bit boring.

This is an idiot my fellow boardsies, I hate people who have never smoked cannabis debate and talk about it as if they know what there talking about, so comeon J2G what is your take on cannabis for medicinal uses??? do some fecking reading http://naturalsociety.com/marijuana-and-cancer-relationship-destroy-cancer-cells/ then climb back into your hole because no one cares what you think.

I'm an idiot read the topic dipstick " Legalize Cannabis Ireland " so what's your thoughts is not mine big swing its a bloody thread get over yourself buddy, i had my option so why don't you give yours on the topic and not me instead of calling people idiots.
    Did i say i never smoked it no ! i didn't i had my share of it and it does dope you up or is people going to say it doesn't now, would i have someone stoned next to me in the job that i do no not possible you need to be 100% awake not 50% asleep, and 9 out of 10 of the people that kick off about it has no medicinal illness. I'm all for people getting it for medicinal illness why not iv lost someone to cancer i'm done here try to stick to the topic next time people and not what one person says.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

would i have someone stoned next to me in the job that i do no not possible you need to be 100% awake not 50% asleep

Presumably the person beside you today at work was not half drunk either? Why not? Alcohol is legal isn't it?

would i have someone stoned next to me in the job that i do no not possible you need to be 100% awake not 50% asleep,

They could be gay as well and be distracted by your arse........

What a shite argument.

mikom wrote: »
    They could be gay as well and be distracted by your arse........

What a shite argument.

Exactly, it's not as if everyone goes to work drunk because booze is legal.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

There are some holes in your logic as far as I can see
    the only things that would happen is certain peoples pockets get filled with cash
    At the moment the only ones making money out of it are criminals, who tend to invest their money in a number of different criminal activities. If it was regulated, over 1/5th of the millions currently funding crime would go towards our health service. The rest would go to legitimate businessmen and re-circulate into the economy
    We do have a problem with alcohol however we are better positioned to tackle that problem when the substance is legal. It gives us a point of sale where users can be targeted, and it gives the government more controls to influence the supply side of the drug. For instance, the government can insist on having a minimum age for alcohol consumption and enforce it strictly on the vendors - you can't do that with cannabis
    As it goes for specific social and economic issues it does affect the working economy and the non working economy, between people saying sod it I'm not doing the working thing any more i have weed to walk me through the day, or just being sent home or losing there job because of it all this leads to things going down hill. We have all this already with alcohol so its double bubble then the problems we had with one legal substance has now just increased and can be a financial hit for the economy!
    If what you are saying is that drug use will increase if cannabis is legalised you are wrong. This is simply because it is widely available now and can be gotten easily - meaning anyone who wants to try it can and anybody who doesnt want to try it doesnt. If cannabis was legalised in the morning there is no reason to expect that to change.

Advertisement