Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J. Cole

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Danow247

new j cole leak suppossed to be the 2nd single.

wont be up for long on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Danow247 wrote: »
    new j cole leak suppossed to be the 2nd single.

wont be up for long on youtube

its good, sounds very different than i expected when i saw trey songz as the feature.

j cole started up his version of good fridays with any given sundays yesterday. dropped 5 songs. 2 of them were old & 1 was a leak.

cant wait for 27/09!! Fifa & a j cole album finally :)

download it here: http://www.dreamvillain.net/?p=142

Like a Star is a savage tune. class production again by him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Great tune.

• Advertisement

J. Cole gave out the tracklist last night via twitter.

He got the Jay-z feature which had been in doubt for a while. Also a missy elliot feature but she is singing not rapping. Any of the previews he has given to critics have said this song is unbelieveable. Really looking forward to the No I.D produced track & the Breakdown song aswell is supposed to be quality.

Getting excited for this album now! Cant wait

J. Cole - Cole World: The Sideline Story

1. Intro
    2. Dollar and a Dream III (Prod. by The University & J. Cole)
    3. Can’t Get Enough Feat. Trey Songz (Prod. by Brian Kidd)
    4. Lights Please (Prod. by J. Cole)
    5. Interlude (Prod. by J. Cole)
    6. Sideline Story (Prod by J. Cole)
    7. Mr. Nice Watch Feat. Jay-Z (Prod. by J. Cole)
    8. Cole World (Prod. by J. Cole)
    9. In The Morning Feat. Drake (Prod. by L&X Music)
    10. Lost Ones (Prod. by J. Cole)
    11. Nobody’s Perfect Feat. Missy Elliot (Prod. by J. Cole)
    12. Never Told (Prod. by No I.D)
    13. Rise and Shine (Prod. by J. Cole)
    14. God’s Gift (Prod. by J. Cole)
    15. Breakdown (Prod. by J. Cole)
    16. Cheer Up (Prod. by DanjaHandz & J. Cole)
    Bonus Tracks:
    17. Nothing Lasts Forever (Prod. by J. Cole)
    18. Work Out (Prod. by J. Cole)
    19. Daddy’s Little Girl (Prod. by J. Cole)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Looks like this album is gathering some steam, lot of talk Jay-Z wasn't gonna appear, alot of jokes made about it too. However I'm glad he isn't doing the given thing of loading up every single track with guest features a la Game & Wayne, least he is confident he can fill album space on his own.

I will be very interested in this album, can't wait to hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Disappointed that a few songs didn't make it on. Still very excited though

looking forward to getting my hands on this big time, its do or die for cole so much pressure on him for this debut i hope he comes through with a good album.

agree with weemcd great too see cole not heavily reliant on features, if this album is good it will do him a whole lot better the fact he done it pretty much on his own back.

• Advertisement

looking forward to getting my hands on this big time, its do or die for cole so much pressure on him for this debut i hope he comes through with a good album.

agree with weemcd great too see cole not heavily reliant on features, if this album is good it will do him a whole lot better the fact he done it pretty much on his own back.

Yeah i completely agree. There is so much hype around this that if its not up to par he will be slaughtered. I really think he's got a classic album in the making though. Just because all his throw away songs so far would make most hip hop abumbs imo. Like if these are throw aways i can only imagine what he has in store for us.

I really like the fact he believes in his own production so much that he has only 3 tracks produced by other people. With Jay-z as his boss he has contacts into the biggest producers in the game and hasnt gone to them for beats. It really has a college dropout (without the features) feel to it.
    whether or not it will be as good time will tell.

if you look at all the big names bar kanye i think you see that all there 1st albums which are classics had little or no features. So very few features is a very good look for Cole.

Anyway only 4 weeks away i am buzzing for this album. been waiting & anticapating on it for 2 years exactly now. With so many setbacks im just glad its finally in sight.

Off the Any Given Sunday#1 Mixtape:

Just got those mixtapes there, he keeps impressing.

j cole started up his version of good fridays with any given sundays yesterday. dropped 5 songs. 2 of them were old & 1 was a leak.

cant wait for 27/09!! Fifa & a j cole album finally :)

download it here: http://www.dreamvillain.net/?p=142

Like a Star is a savage tune. class production again by him.

just noticed the 2pac sample on this song at the 1:25 mark, quality!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭ImGettinPaper

Usually nowadays since 50 cent started doing it, artists will release a song or it will be "leaked" to see what the response is from the customers (fans.) It's like a mass focus group in a way!

not a fan of the above track with jay z, bad track imo.

the snippets have been released by amazon,

http://www.diversehiphop.com/blog/2011/09/j-cole-cole-world-the-sideline-story-album-snippets/

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Listened to Mr. Nice Watch, started of decent, rolls on nicely, Jay comes in, sounds good.......then the synth's take over and make it pretty unlistenable

not a fan of the above track with jay z, bad track imo.

the snippets have been released by amazon,

http://www.diversehiphop.com/blog/2011/09/j-cole-cole-world-the-sideline-story-album-snippets/

do ya not like it no? i think its a great tune. the beat blasted sounds crazy on my dre beats. never heard a beat from cole anything like that. defo stepping up his production game.

album snippets sound incredible a few early fav's already just off the snippets haha sideline story & rise n shine.

here is his new video. rihanna making an appearance aswell fueling the rumours the 2 of them have a sextape. both have denied it though.

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2011/09/14/j-cole-cant-get-enough-f-trey-songz-video/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Did anyone else hear that Cole is being dropped from Roc Nation??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Did anyone else hear that Cole is being dropped from Roc Nation??

Heard that alright, but he has stated in interviews recently that he was not dropped and there is no video/tape of him and Rhianna.
    He also has said that it's great publiciity and free leading up to his album release.

do ya not like it no? i think its a great tune. the beat blasted sounds crazy on my dre beats. never heard a beat from cole anything like that. defo stepping up his production game.

album snippets sound incredible a few early fav's already just off the snippets haha sideline story & rise n shine.

here is his new video. rihanna making an appearance aswell fueling the rumours the 2 of them have a sextape. both have denied it though.

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2011/09/14/j-cole-cant-get-enough-f-trey-songz-video/

ye i just dont like it, but some of the snipps from the album sound very promising , i havnt had the privilege (:D) to listen with a pair of beats or any decent audio device i just listened through my laptop so my opinion might change when i give it a blast through my stereo.

albums not long away now, looking forward to hearing it.

Not long to go now, haven't listened to anything from the album bar the two official singles (Work Out, Can't Get Enough) and 'In The Morning', really can't wait to get my hands on it and listen to all 18 tracks straight through.

As it's released on the 27th in the U.S. I assume we'll be able to buy it this Friday (23rd)?

31661410150324114144661.jpg

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Quite disappointed by this.

Have been hearing very mixed reactions to Mr. Nice Watch, haven't listened to it myself but Cole said it was one of his favorite tracks..also worth noting that Cole wanted Jay to do a verse for 'Gods Gift' but for whatever reason Jay wasn't feeling it and he gave him a verse for this at the very last minute..

I know there's not a huge buzz for this album but it's been a long time coming and I hope Cole didn't have to compromise too much during the process, also heard that he had to change the Intro at the last minute due to a sample not clearing.

Finders crossed! Cole deserves our support!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Have been hearing very mixed reactions to Mr. Nice Watch, haven't listened to it myself but Cole said it was one of his favorite tracks..also worth noting that Cole wanted Jay to do a verse for 'Gods Gift' but for whatever reason Jay wasn't feeling it and he gave him a verse for this at the very last minute..

I know there's not a huge buzz for this album but it's been a long time coming and I hope Cole didn't have to compromise too much during the process, also heard that he had to change the Intro at the last minute due to a sample not clearing.

Finders crossed! Cole deserves our support!
    why?

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    why?

He's given his fans a lot of great music for free over the last couple of years and most Hip-Hop fans would agree that he is an incredible talent and exactly what the genre needs at a time when Lil Wayne and Rick Ross are considered to be among the best rappers alive.

Then again, you're not a fan - you've already made that clear so I'm not sure why you're still posting in this thread? Actually, forget that, I do know why.

If you don't think he deserves your support then don't buy his album :)

crazy about Mr Nice Watch but really like all the J Cole mixtapes to date and some of his freestyles

I have to say though that in a world filled with Lil Wayne and Game albums this is one I look forward to, like his flow

Album has leaked. Haven't listened to it myself, I'm going to buy it on Friday, but it seems to be getting a very positive reaction on various message boards. I see a lot of people are praising Cole's production and the sequencing on the album. 'Dollar and a Dream III' is one of the highest rated tracks, everyone seems to like it, really looking forward to hearing it.

I'm a little relieved to be honest, sounds like Cole came through for his fans as usual.

• Advertisement

Album leaked, ive downloaded it & listened to it (have it pre-ordered on itunes & will be buying a hard copy aswell so in my mind im allowed listen to the leak :) )

Weve got a classic on our hands! Its unbelievable from start to finish!!
    production, lyrics, sequencing are all top notch.

early favs: Dollar & a Dream III , Sideline Story, Nobody's Perfect, Rise n Shine, Breakdown.

Pretty much all of them haha.

will be played about 10 times tonight!

Advertisement