Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J. Cole

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Are you people for real id rather listen to cheryl cole.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sarabroderick

Yes we are for real. We believe that in this hip hop forum most would prefer listen to J Cole than Mrs Cole (Tweedy?)

Any other questions post them here and I will be happy to help

Yes we are for real. We believe that in this hip hop forum most would prefer listen to J Cole than Mrs Cole (Tweedy?)

Any other questions post them here and I will be happy to help

I think my sarcasim may have went over your head.. As for j.cole he actually belongs in the pop forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

if it is cheryl cole you want I think perhaps you head on over to the Pop forum (assuming there is one, have to take your word for it)

bigpoppa wrote: »
    if it is cheryl cole you want I think perhaps you head on over to the Pop forum (assuming there is one, have to take your word for it)

Ok seeing as though you cant take a hint.. what im trying to say is j cole SUCKZ BALLS.. He aint Hip Hop he's Hip Pop..

• Advertisement

Yeah I really like him, Who dat was a great anthem last year and the stuff he has done with Drake is fairly good!

I really cant believe that name in bold is being mentioned in a Hip Hop forum.. I cant even say it in fear of someone hearing me.. (Oh wait im typing not talking)..

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

more forum beef, I get it, yo your gangsta attitude is dope yo

we get it you dont rate him thats fine just dont troll the forum as it reflects badly on you and you come across like a bit of a lamp

more forum beef, I get it, yo your gangsta attitude is dope yo

we get it you dont rate him thats fine just dont troll the forum as it reflects badly on you and you come across like a bit of a lamp

I cant believe you called me a troll, for slaggin a punk ass rapper like j cole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

in fairness, i kind of a agree about cole, for me in any how i dont see what other people are seeing.
    but i know a few things about him, ive heard a bit, enough to know his content is admirable and i know hes far from pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

look its up to you whether you like him or not but he's far from hip pop have you even tried to listen to his stuff?

i mean he's only ever really had 1 single attempt that was successful and that was who's that and that is far from pop.

and his latest single lost is also far from hip pop, cole is actually known for not going commercial like the majority of hip hop, but in saying that i wouldn't rule it out in the future he might have to.

i like cole's music but im no fan boy he has weakness's i.e his ability to actually make a hit... we know he can make good music but can he actually make a radio or club hit like all the previous greats have...

also like i said above he needs to start rapping over some other producers music and not just his own, im not saying there's anything wrong with his sound, i love his beats but i think he needs help from proven hit makers like your dre's and swiss beats of the world.

• Advertisement

look its up to you whether you like him or not but he's far from hip pop have you even tried to listen to his stuff?

i mean he's only ever really had 1 single attempt that was successful and that was who's that and that is far from pop.

and his latest single lost is also far from hip pop, cole is actually known for not going commercial like the majority of hip hop, but in saying that i wouldn't rule it out in the future he might have to.

i like cole's music but im no fan boy he has weakness's i.e his ability to actually make a hit... we know he can make good music but can he actually make a radio or club hit like all the previous greats have...

also like i said above he needs to start rapping over some other producers music and not just his own, im not saying there's anything wrong with his sound, i love his beats but i think he needs help from proven hit makers like your dre's and swiss beats of the world.

Ya dre could get him into the charts no problem.. Myself i dont really like chart music.. i prefer real Hip Hop.. And yes i gave Friday Night Lights a couple of listens before i moved it to the recycle bin.. All J cole is KNOWN for round these parts is being crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

he needs to start rapping over some other producers music and not just his own, im not saying there's anything wrong with his sound, i love his beats but i think he needs help from proven hit makers like your dre's and swiss beats of the world.
    FWIW, Cole has confirmed that he has worked with Dre but he didn't go into any detail.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.13026/title.j-cole-confirms-work-with-dr-dre

I have no doubt in my mind that his album will be incredible.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    FWIW, Cole has confirmed that he has worked with Dre but he didn't go into any detail.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.13026/title.j-cole-confirms-work-with-dr-dre

I have no doubt in my mind that his album will be incredible.

Ya an instant classic i bet (For about 5 mins until the new drake album drops or maybe the new britney album).. :rolleyes:

i love his beats but i think he needs help from proven hit makers like your dre's and swiss beats of the world.

The best mc's can make any beat sound hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 southcentral lk

Stab*City wrote: »
    Thanks man.. Honestly im not trolling a buddy of mine told me about this thread cuz he knows how much i think j cole suckz.. and to be fair ive posted lots in this forum and this is probaly the first time ive disagreed with anyone.. usually this forum is excellent for hip hop knowledge thats why i was surprised to hear people going on about j cole being one of the best.. that friday night lights faded into the atmosphere pretty fast for one of the best rappers around..

Have to agree there that album didn't blow up and lyrically it's not bad but production was crap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

true to an extent but not always, ye beats play 2nd fiddle to lryics but there has been cases before which were the opposite where the beat eclipsed the rapper you heard of j dilla right?. Todays hip hop is totally different its not entirely based on a rappers lryical skills as you said just take a look at all this hip pop surrounding us.
    tbf maybe he is trolling, or maybe he genuinely thinks cole is crap, either way i dont think he needs banning.
    we dont always need to agree with each other?

agree 100 per cent, everyone is entitled to there opinion weather i agree with stab city or not. the word troll gets thrown around a bit too much on the hip hop forum.
    Is there a mod here? I like this forum a lot but such
    Trolls / kids usually get sorted? Keen to keep this thread open obv

i think thats a small bit harsh bud he's entitled to give his opinion on his music, im only speaking from experience because i was called a troll for giving a few negative but in my opinion fair comments about game and the red album on that thread, im just saying is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sarabroderick

but if you dont like something make the point once, I think multiple posts of the same non construcive criticism is nonsense...

my two cents if saying something is wack because it is popular is straight out stupid, comparison to Britney Spears is stupid and makes the poster look stupid imo - mods should look at that at least

I look forward to his album I think his stuff is pretty damn good

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Is there a mod here? I like this forum a lot but such
    Trolls / kids usually get sorted? Keen to keep this thread open obv

Yes there is a mod here. I dont think that there was any trolling taking place, just someone expressing thier thoughts on J. Cole
    These parts? Limerick?

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Pretty Boy - please refrain from directing your responce at the poster

my two cents if saying something is wack because it is popular is straight out stupid, comparison to Britney Spears is stupid and makes the poster look stupid imo - mods should look at that at least

I look forward to his album I think his stuff is pretty damn good

I consider J Cole pop music at best hip pop.. ok the comparisoin to Britney was a joke. Of course you would think my comments are stupid cuz your a j cole fan. Its funny how you still insist on telling the mods how to do their jobs.. Dont you think they already know how to MOD? I mean thats why they are mods and not you.
    Gunn4r wrote: »
    I am all for including "the kids" in the discussions as we were all young once like stab city (terrible nick) but they should learn to play nice. Multiple posts re: its pop etc / the hahahahahahah malarky stupid (even if your from Limerick - joke!)

I am not a kid. My nickname rocks and i just thought it was very funny how a poster who obviously knows little about what rappers are even saying could lecture me on hip hop.

Ill make this my last post in the j cole thread because it obvious you j cole fans are very passionate about his brand of pop music. Last word.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A reminder that this is a discussion on J.Cole.....so J.Cole should be what is discussed.

if you have any problems, please use the report post option.

Keep it on topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Have to agree there that album didn't blow up and lyrically it's not bad but production was crap!!
    "South Central LK" - 1 post in and all it is is giving a +1 to everything "Stab City" is saying. Same person, any idiot can see it.

@Stab City/South Central; do yourself a favor and get yourself a job or a girlfriend or something - find something better to do with your time than troll this section claiming your some kind of hip-hop god and that Limerick is a hip-hop mecca.
    Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Pretty Boy - please refrain from directing your responce at the poster
    I was replying to his post. The post was directed at him.

He is a troll and I think the mods should look into it so I reported it (ie. multiple accounts, trolling).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Accounts don't match.

Trolling because he doesn't like J. Cole and put it across in a way that people found it offensive? He can call it hip pop if he likes. He can also make statements about his shock of J. Cole and Drake being mentioned here and not in the "pop" forum as well, it's no skin off anybody's nose.

If you feel he's trolling don't take the bait.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 southcentral lk

"South Central LK" - 1 post in and all it is is giving a +1 to everything "Stab City" is saying. Same person, any idiot can see it.

@Stab City/South Central; do yourself a favor and get yourself a job or a girlfriend or something - find something better to do with your time than troll this section claiming your some kind of hip-hop god and that Limerick is a hip-hop mecca.

I was replying to his post. The post was directed at him.

He is a troll and I think the mods should look into it so I reported it (ie. multiple accounts, trolling).

Do as the MOD said stick to the topic!!

I thought J Cole was going to blow up when I heard "Who That" but not so sure now Friday Night Lights wasn't great so he would want to step his game up big time...... yert limerick cittayyy.

Last warning. Any posts after this that are not on topic will result in infractions or bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Off topic posts purged. Keep the argument (if any) to J. Cole.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Danow247

how anyone can say j cole is hip pop is talking out there arse.

just listen to any of his mixtapes. he has about max 4 commercial songs the rest are all pure hip hop & he is exactly what hip hop needs.

his album is gonna be a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

i think people need to hold fire with the wild exaggerated claims, lets wait till he drops the album before giving it 5 stars.

Danow247 wrote: »
    how anyone can say j cole is hip pop is talking out there arse.

just listen to any of his mixtapes. he has about max 4 commercial songs the rest are all pure hip hop & he is exactly what hip hop needs.

his album is gonna be a classic.

Ive listened to his mixtapes and seeing as though he has no album out id say 4 commercial tracks is alot of commercial tracks.. So many mc's have come and gone promised so much but delivered so little.. I agree with what was said above.. lets see what the album is like.. my opinion is based on what ive heard so far not a fantasy about what id like to hear..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

yeah, which is why every Nas and Cannibus album is a classic...

you talk some amount of crap.

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    yeah, which is why every Nas and Cannibus album is a classic...

you talk some amount of crap.

Who said anything about Nas or Cannibus? Your the one talking crap.. I dont consider Nas or Cannibus some of the best mc's.. I think mc's like Rakim, Big L, Guru, Busta, Meth, Slick Rick, Common, 2Pac, Biggie, Mos Def, Dead Prez i could go on and on can make almost any beat rock.. these guys dont even need a bloody beat to sound good.. And how anyone could compare a guy who does not even have an album out to these monsters just dumbfounds me..

Advertisement