Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

tuxy wrote: »
    Why does everyone in Bronze think they are at least at Gold standard of play?
    I'm silver and don't deserve to be any higher yet.

It's league, everyone thinks they're better than they are. It annoys me that people in bronze think they're gold standard... Yet they're in bronze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

n1ck wrote: »
    It's league, everyone thinks they're better than they are. It annoys me that people in bronze think they're gold standard... Yet they're in bronze.

but.... the jungler didn't gank and top lane fed......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

but.... the jungler didn't gank and top lane fed......

It's the supports fault, if he had put down more wards I would have won that 5v1

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Why does everyone in Bronze think they are at least at Gold standard of play?
    I'm silver and don't deserve to be any higher yet.

Good for you.

Also Im not in gold because I fed, or lag, or team mates suck, or got counter picked, Im not gold simply because I just dont play ranked. Havent played much recently. The guys I play with are gold and I play to their standard.

Anyway forget it.

Actually edit sorry Im silver, not a big difference but yeah. Havent checked it in a while. Also the reason I mentioned the gold standard was so I could just set a rough bar of the level of players I was hoping to play with this evening. Not too high not too low, just enough to get some team work going on and learn from mistakes etc. Wasnt a brag or a ' IM SO GOOD BUT I STUCK WITH BAD TEAM ' type attitude. Dont get mad guys, its awful sad :p

-Vega- wrote: »
    Good for you.

Also Im not in gold because I fed, or lag, or team mates suck, or got counter picked, Im not gold simply because I just dont play ranked. Havent played much recently. The guys I play with are gold and I play to their standard.

Anyway forget it.

I play with plat players quite regularly, well, i used to and I would do equally as well as them, it doesn't mean I'm plat standard.

• Advertisement

It's not really a dig at you in particular vega, it's just I have never met a single bronze player that considered themselves lower then gold skill level.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

I play with plat players quite regularly, well, i used to and I would do equally as well as them, it doesn't mean I'm plat standard.

What I mean by the gold thing is this.

I have the mentality of a gold player, Im as good as many gold players and in turn I can react like a gold player. So when I said it, I meant that I wanted to attract people of around the same level.

Even though I am silver, Id prefer to play with a silver/gold player rather than a bronze player because I dont feel I have anything to learn from a bronze player, where as if I play with a gold player.. they might open my eyes to something I was doing wrong or didnt think of. If I play with a plat player, chances are even though I might learn something, Id probably be the cause of a few lost games, more even.

So I mentioned the gold thing.. to simply set a rough standard for the level of player Id prefer to play with.

Again its important to note ( and I agree with you ) that this isnt a ' I DESERVE to be gold ' type rant. I was simply stating where I think my skill level is at, despite elo as I havent played much ranked recently, and ONLY to give other people here of roughly my skill level so if I was 2 low or 2 high for them they could opt in or out.

:) anyway im out, gonna just play some league i guess, laters. xoxo

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I get both sides of the coin here, don't think Vega was implying he is gold and isn't because of X Y Z.

Also agree with the lads points.

The sooner I accepted I'm Bronze, quicker I realised how **** bronze players are, and started stomping

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'm a gold player who is in gold. I think it's ok seeing as I go through whole chunks of time not playing for weeks and not knowing all the nerfs and buffs going around. Also the fact that I can't communicate with teammates in the same language..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I've only been playing 4 months and im plat IV... game is pretty easy tbh.

• Advertisement

Another game tonight for those who are interested:

Arcadecon CUP
    ATT VS The Silent Void
    Time: Friday 19:30 (GMT) 07.06.2013
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/Arcadecon2013
    Bracket: http://challonge.com/arcadecconlolchamphionship2013

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

TheDoc wrote: »
    Another game tonight for those who are interested:

Arcadecon CUP
    ATT VS The Silent Void
    Time: Friday 19:30 (GMT) 07.06.2013
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/Arcadecon2013
    Bracket: http://challonge.com/arcadecconlolchamphionship2013

Is that you commentating ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Playing this a week. A yellow ribbon saying great leader is on my pic. How did i pick that up?

At the end of the game you can honor people. If someone consistently gets honor they will get a ribbon depending on the type of honor your receive.

I think yellow is for team work. If you continue to get team work honor you will keep the ribbon but most people lose it after a while. It's difficult to consistently get honor.

But congrats, looks like other people thing you are a good team player :)

At the end of the game you can honor people. If someone consistently gets honor they will get a ribbon depending on the type of honor your receive.

I think yellow is for team work. If you continue to get team work honor you will keep the ribbon but most people lose it after a while. It's difficult to consistently get honor.

But congrats, looks like other people thing you are a good team player :)

Thanks for the reply. I googled but couldnt find a good answer. Guess I better keep working away :-)

Magill wrote: »
    Is that you commentating ?

No I was playing top lane for ATT :)

We won convincingly again and now into the semi finals. One more win and see play the finals on LAN in a pretty nice setup organised by Riot so fingers crossed.

Its a good tournament so far and we have met some really nice people and the guys commentating are doing decent for their first time out :)

Worked up 4800 ip. (thank you free ip boost due to technical issues)

looking for a good champion. I play any lane but go for teamwork/support with a bit of punch.

keelanj69 wrote: »
    Worked up 4800 ip. (thank you free ip boost due to technical issues)

looking for a good champion. I play any lane but go for teamwork/support with a bit of punch.

Don't bother. You can have the best intentions but you won't ever learn to help your team unless you get good with a carry. I started off toplane (which I have a good champion pool with so can carry off well) and then when I started playing premades I went to ADC which I know like the back of my hand) but I discovered that maining AD made me a better support than many people I know who main support.
    Same connection can probably be made with Mid and jungler. These are my weakest roles.

My advice is to learn a strong carry, this will help you to climb if you get good with someone (I can pretty much attribute 200 elo to Pantheon and Rumble alone) but you'll learn what you want other people to be doing.

Kold wrote: »
    Don't bother. You can have the best intentions but you won't ever learn to help your team unless you get good with a carry. I started off toplane (which I have a good champion pool with so can carry off well) and then when I started playing premades I went to ADC which I know like the back of my hand) but I discovered that maining AD made me a better support than many people I know who main support.
    Same connection can probably be made with Mid and jungler. These are my weakest roles.

My advice is to learn a strong carry, this will help you to climb if you get good with someone (I can pretty much attribute 200 elo to Pantheon and Rumble alone) but you'll learn what you
    want other people to be doing.

Ended up going with Vayne. I get what you mean as well. Thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

I'm level 25 (after a couple of months) now and have been playing a variety of characters and roles. I don't really have a favourite yet. I play a number of adc's (Draven, MF, Varus, Caitlyn), Soraka as a support, Volibear as top lane, Brand, Ziggs as AP etc. I haven't really mastered a burst stealth char such as Akali or Kat (although I have played with Fiora a bit who is kinda similar) and I haven't Jungled at all.

Should I continue to try and cover all roles or should I begin to focus on a couple of roles and play them exclusively. Don't want to end up a jack of all trades and master of none. I'm stupidly one of those people who wait to see what the team composition is like before choosing my char which usually means I play a wide variety but lack continuity. Think my overall gameplay is starting to suffer a bit now with lvl 30's in teams. Where I was racking up very good scores until recently I am now finding that I'm starting to struggle in some games where my opponent is more practised than me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Dont play Fiora, like ever, boom just increased your elo right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Dont play Fiora, like ever, boom just increased your elo right there.

Lol realised that quite quickly! She is fun in ARAM though!

Also, Soraka is sh1t.

Learn a couple of champs in each role. Play whoever you have fun playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

IF you want a new support try out Leona. I have the most fun playing her when I support. She isn't about sustain she's entirely there to make sure your ADC kills people.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Also, Soraka is sh1t.

Learn a couple of champs in each role. Play whoever you have fun playing.

She's not ****, she's just incredibly boring / passive to play as and with, but frankly i would prefer a badly played soraka to any other badly played support, its really hard to throw a game with her.

90 percent of people will hide the back and throw you a heal now and again, for a lot of situations thats enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Also, Soraka is sh1t.

:confused: How?

Her sustain during laning phase is unmatched. Her ult & silence and completely turn around a team-fight. She can push like crazy using starcall.

Korvanica wrote: »
    :confused: How?

Her sustain during laning phase is unmatched. Her ult & silence and completely turn around a team-fight. She can push like crazy using starcall.

Her ult is generally not so great because you don't tend to build much ap. She's pretty much only useful Graves. She has a silence for cc which puts her behind almost every other support in cc terms. She has zero mobility and more than any other support can be caught out and murdered in a 2 second burst.

The way you play Soraka: stay the f*ck away from enemies and keep them topped up. Honestly, as a support, she's probably more of a niche pick than Fiddlesticks who can at least have an influence on the game.

She's f*cking trash lads. I'd rather a Lee Sin support.

She's f*cking trash lads. I'd rather a Lee Sin support.

That's a ridiculous comment to make.

Soraka is a niche support pick. If she is played properly she is excellent. Her nerfs and changes put her in this category. Not "weak" just that you need to have some ability to play her properly. She is a high skill cap support.

TheDoc wrote: »
    That's a ridiculous comment to make.

Soraka is a niche support pick. If she is played properly she is excellent. Her nerfs and changes put her in this category. Not "weak" just that you need to have some ability to play her properly. She is a high skill cap support.

I disagree that she's a high skill cap support, her laning phase is stale as ****, just have to prevent your adc from dying (which with half a brain and soraka, they shouldn't).

She just needs to be able to distinguish who she needs to silence and when and then have map awareness to use her ult to help other lanes if need be, that isn't hard.

• Advertisement

I disagree that she's a high skill cap support, her laning phase is stale as ****, just have to prevent your adc from dying (which with half a brain and soraka, they shouldn't).

She just needs to be able to distinguish who she needs to silence and when and then have map awareness to use her ult to help other lanes if need be, that isn't hard.

I'd call her high skill cap, typically players below gold make horrendous decisions and are completely inept when it comes to decision making. Hence why she is relatively high skillcap.

Obviously players at all levels will go with a champion that is effective while also being efficent. Soraka has that niche at the moment where she is effective, just not overly efficent.

But to say shes trash is just plain incorrect.

Advertisement