Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmeraldDragon

Oh even when I played I sucked.

I'm trying to pick up Cho and Ryze.

If Athene can play ryze anyone can play ryze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Hey guys,

I've put in a request for a MOBA and LoL Forum so we can actually try and get some organisation within the community. A few words or a +1 HERE would be great.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Hey guys,

I've put in a request for a MOBA and LoL Forum so we can actually try and get some organisation within the community. A few words or a +1 HERE would be great.

Thanks.

Excellent job on that.

Anyone see Wolves v EG over the weekend? I really hope wolves can keep this winning streak going. They're scaring the **** out of everyone. And that inhib respawn ! ! ! Disgusting for EG.

Korvanica wrote: »
    Excellent job on that.

Anyone see Wolves v EG over the weekend? I really hope wolves can keep this winning streak going. They're scaring the **** out of everyone. And that inhib respawn ! ! ! Disgusting for EG.

It was incredible.

LINK TO THE GAME (EG vs. CW): Probably one of the best LoL games you will see in a VERY long time - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnbcPPqQq1M&t=7h51m23s

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmeraldDragon

Nobody thinks outside the box these days. You have no idea how few people take Nasus mid and build AP on him. Such a beast when built AP and thats an all game beast not just late game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Started playing this yesterday, been using sejuani most of the games. Anyone up for a few games ? Im still a bit of a newb, but i get the general idea of the game and don't totally suck !

Anyway add me (Magill).

Magill wrote: »
    Started playing this yesterday, been using sejuani most of the games. Anyone up for a few games ? Im still a bit of a newb, but i get the general idea of the game and don't totally suck !

Anyway add me (Magill).

Added.

Ha, just had my first epic comeback game :D Pretty fun alrite. Imagine its much better if you play with a bunch of people on coms.

Ha, just had my first epic comeback game :D Pretty fun alrite. Imagine its much better if you play with a bunch of people on coms.

Tried PMing you in-game for a game. Got time for one before I need to head out. So if you're around try and log in the next 5 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jeziorski

I have registered on west, have sht about 20lvl~. If someone wanna play with me then write here your nicknames, fell free to pm me.

• Advertisement

Free Rotation Week 8:
    450: Annie, Sivir
    1350:
    3150: Sona, Akali
    4800: Vayne, Kog'Maw
    6300: Riven, Nautilus, Fizz, Kha'Zix

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES WANT TO TRY SO MANY OF THESE.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Watched both eG games. Was so impressed with the way they beat Giants, playing Nasus Anivia, yet crushing them early game, so un-CLG.eu! Although I know it's a cliché but you HAVE to ban Froggens Anivia. Then I was so sad when they lost to Wolves. I love eG, they remind me of Spurs, play great, should be competing for top honours but just falling short each time.

Also Snoopeh and Krepo may be the nicest guys in eSports.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I've played AP Nasus plenty of times, just not midlane in SR (I'd rather a proper Mage for that).

AP Nasus is exceptional at stale lane play and I primarily saw him used mostly as a botlaner for Dominion, he's stupidly harsh to dive and his E interrupts caps whilst also taking up 90% of the turret in size making it brilliant at preventing dual caps when people try to dive you, ontop of Wither. +AP with max E clears waves by itself so you can not be outpushed by anything.

His Ult still has a nice AP Ratio but let's face it, it's two spells - I consider it the same as Sion or Shaco, why play an effective AD Bruiser/Assassin as a Mage? Sure it works at X or Y Elo in Y or Z Mode but overall you're better off with a proper Mage. Oh but I'm sure one day when a known streamer is trolling about they may inadvertently change the meta of tournies, as per usual.

Yeah but AP Sion 2 shots people. Man I got so much elo with him season 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Kold wrote: »

Also Snoopeh and Krepo may be the nicest guys in eSports.

Yeah I like both those guys too especially Krepo. When he streams he explains his moves very well and very rarely blames another player when things don't work even if the other players are much lower skill than he is.

Krepo is my favourite player. He's insanely nice and is brilliant at explaining what's happening. He should become a caster after he's done playing.

Krepo & Deman casting... that would be class...

Jesus.. just finished wasting 50 minutes of my time because of afk'ers... *****. 1 guy afk's in the beginning.. 10 minutes in another decides to **** off... and even tho we have no chance of winning the last two guys think its great craic because they're getting a few kills and won't surrender... 50 minutes later we lose... frustrating.

Jesus.. just finished wasting 50 minutes of my time because of afk'ers... *****. 1 guy afk's in the beginning.. 10 minutes in another decides to **** off... and even tho we have no chance of winning the last two guys think its great craic because they're getting a few kills and won't surrender... 50 minutes later we lose... frustrating.

Happens all to often man, and its very annoying. Nothing much you can do about it especially if 2 people afk. Its possible to win a 4v5 if the enemy team is crap or gets too cocky because they have 5 players. But its rare.

Only way to avoid it is to play with a few people you know wont afk for bull**** reasons like the enemy team getting first blood.

Me and 3 others will be on for a few games tonight around 11 or so. If you're online I'll fire you an invite.

One of my pet hates is people that won't surrend what is clearly a lost game. Now that I'm playing on Vietnamese server, their stubborn reputation in war carries on to their gaming....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Picked up Caitlyn, she's so much fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

One of my pet hates is people that won't surrend what is clearly a lost game. Now that I'm playing on Vietnamese server, their stubborn reputation in war carries on to their gaming....

I'm finding, as a noob, the goalposts that determine 'clearly lost' keep shifting. If only because people haven't the discipline to finish out a game.

It leads to some really weird stuff like enemies surrendering as soon as they go one tower down or my team rallying to get a win from being 2 inhibitors down. I figure it's got to be due to their team falling apart under the strain of their well-fed ego's, but I'm currently seeing it more often than I see teams capable of holding an early lead together.

None of which is actually related to your experience of course, I just want to ask what viatnam is like?:D

• Advertisement

Korvanica wrote: »
    Happens all to often man, and its very annoying. Nothing much you can do about it especially if 2 people afk. Its possible to win a 4v5 if the enemy team is crap or gets too cocky because they have 5 players. But its rare.

Only way to avoid it is to play with a few people you know wont afk for bull**** reasons like the enemy team getting first blood.

Me and 3 others will be on for a few games tonight around 11 or so. If you're online I'll fire you an invite.

Yeah mon, just send an invite when your on.

Got my first ace, first time with Akali.. so was a lot of button mashing ! Really strong hero tho !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Got my first ace, first time with Akali.. so was a lot of button mashing ! Really strong hero tho !

I hear she is getting nerfed but not sure.

Akali won't get nerfed. She's an assassin, if you let her get kills she snowballs. Same with Katarina, Diana, etc. People whine a lot about her, imo.

EDIT: Gz on ace :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Akali won't get nerfed. She's an assassin, if you let her get kills she snowballs. Same with Katarina, Diana, etc. People whine a lot about her, imo.

EDIT: Gz on ace :)

I have no problem with Kat, Diana and other similar Assassins, but Akali really grinds my gears. I have only beat her in lane twice and one of those times (Darius) i got firstblood and then had net problems and kept disconnecting and lost the lane/game.

I think its the fact that she has so much reward for so little risk, no skillshots, flash wont let you escape her and she works off energy. Now that i think about it, Katarina is actually so much like Akali hah, but when i lose to Kat i feel like i was outplayed, where as with Akali i just feel like the enemy player mashed his face off the keyboard

I have no problem with Kat, Diana and other similar Assassins, but Akali really grinds my gears. I have only beat her in lane twice and one of those times (Darius) i got firstblood and then had net problems and kept disconnecting and lost the lane/game.

I think its the fact that she has so much reward for so little risk, no skillshots, flash wont let you escape her and she works off energy. Now that i think about it, Katarina is actually so much like Akali hah, but when i lose to Kat i feel like i was outplayed, where as with Akali i just feel like the enemy player mashed his face off the keyboard

People fear Akali for no reason, because low level kids with down syndrome always ask for her to be banned and have no idea why. They just do it to follow the crowd yet have no idea how any of her abilities work, etc. How many times have you seen Akali in competitive play? That's a pretty good sign that she won't be nerfed. Take Zed on the other hand, he will be nerfed next patch 100%. It's the same for Amumu, people ban him all the time in Draft Pick, yet, if they aren't retarded they won't get hooked or cluster for his ult. It's pretty obnoxious tbh =)

Sycopat wrote: »
    None of which is actually related to your experience of course, I just want to ask what viatnam is like?:D

I've spent half of my week's stay in hospital with dengue fever which is why I'm now level 8. Haven't truly gotten the lay of the land yet but where I am now, Da Nang, is cool. It's a big city without the tourist development... yet. Not much for the tourist to do though cept go to the beach. Not that much English spoken around the place either.

535764_10152689866430103_901816634_n.jpg

Not an easy setup, I've a massive splint under my hand.

Go Ryze, buy pink ward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

<snip>

Not an easy setup, I've a massive splint under my hand.

This topic is now about Vietnam.

I spent some time in SEA doing the backpacking thing about 5 years ago. What compels someone to play LoL while "bouncing around Asia"? I assume your working? Sorry to hear about the dengue fever.

Also
    Im so jelly

Advertisement