Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    OMG your preaching my life

My life has been combo of being on depop/trying different types of pills.....and a tonne of emotional baggage...and then trying different diets and methods and clinics to lose weight and not seeing results....

thank so much for sharing your experience....there might still be hope for me yet!!!

i'm just going to keep tipping away at it...cos eating healthy can only help my body! and eventually when my body recovers from the hormone abuse....it should start falling off at a stead comfortable rate....hopefully....

this actually takes so much stress off me....cos i was starting to lose all heart...and reaching for the odd bit of crap...saying "feck it im putting on weight with lettuce...what difference will this make"

Lainy thats great news that finally have a reason for your stalled weight loss. Hopefully this time next year you'll be well on the right road.

Wish I had a similar excuse to be honest. Put on another 2.5lb at wi today. I just can't explain it, I am now 10.5lb away from goal and 9lb above where I was about 6 weeks ago. I can't see the extra lbs either in the mirror or in my clothes and I don't know where I'm going wrong. :(

Its been a long, long road for me and I have never felt so low and desperate. I'm so tired of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Choclover

wexchick wrote: »
    Hi choclover!! new to ww myself, well joined last year but only 4 3 weeks!! but re-joined 2 weeks ago! lost 6lbs, how are you gettin on?? the plan is really good. can actually eat lots and helps you pick foods that will keep you feeling full for longer! I found that I was eating fairly plain food for first 2 weeks so i bought the ww cook book. some really nice recepies in it!! hope u are doin well!! dont back down! i did for months but so happy i joined again!!! :D
    Hi WexChick,

Apologies for not being in touch as had planned to join ww the week I posted but due to personal circumstances was not able to go.
    However, on a more positive note joined last week. I have 2 stone to lose.

Am trying not to dip into the weekies. My problem is my sweet tooth errh scrap that my chocolate tooth hince the post name LOL. I would rather use my points for chocolate than proper food but am trying to get better as I know from a nutritious point of view thats not good.

My first weigh in is Thurs morning so will keep you posted. Fingers and toes crossed.

How you getting on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Shoe-Addict

Hi folks,

Great thread! I rejoined WW a couple of weeks ago so getting to grips with the new programme, think it's much better than the last one.

I have about 4.5 stone to lose, am down 8.5lbs in my first 2 weigh ins which is great, really given me a boost!! Next weigh in is tomorrow but don't think it will be great have been on anti biotics all week plus it's totm so all ive wanted is to eat chocolate!!! Have managed to within my points and have only used 30 of my weeklies so hopefully wont be too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Hey guys, went to my weigh in tonight, I sts. I was devestated, wanted to get my 10th silver 7 but I'll hopefully get it next week! It is my own fault for drinking my own weight in alcohol, you can't do weight loss and have 3 mad nights out in a row!!:):) One mad night this weekend for me, it is going to be my birthday afterall!!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

newbee22 wrote: »
    Hey guys, went to my weigh in tonight, I sts. I was devestated, wanted to get my 10th silver 7 but I'll hopefully get it next week! It is my own fault for drinking my own weight in alcohol, you can't do weight loss and have 3 mad nights out in a row!!:):) One mad night this weekend for me, it is going to be my birthday afterall!!

Ah sur at least you STS and didn't put any weight up, that counts for a lot really considering 3 mad nights out!

• Advertisement

Sooo happy now that I went to the gym so much otherwise could have been a very different result!!:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 44 brenmcp

fionas046 wrote: »
    Lainy thats great news that finally have a reason for your stalled weight loss. Hopefully this time next year you'll be well on the right road.

Wish I had a similar excuse to be honest. Put on another 2.5lb at wi today. I just can't explain it, I am now 10.5lb away from goal and 9lb above where I was about 6 weeks ago. I can't see the extra lbs either in the mirror or in my clothes and I don't know where I'm going wrong. :(

Its been a long, long road for me and I have never felt so low and desperate. I'm so tired of this.

I hear you, i did the same think, got within a couple of pounds of goal and then started gainong, now have stone and a half to loose, i know how mine went on though, just stopped counting and drank and nibbled chocolate.

Comon girl, you know what to do
    track
    exercise
    plan
    shop
    chop
    drink water
    eat your body weight in veggies
    mind the booze

and you'll be grand, i think you should just write off al the negativity and start afresh tomorrow at the weight you are, forget what went before!!!!!

Chip up!!!!!!! After all, this is a batttle for life, the bulge advanced, now you need to beat it back again

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

I put on a bleeding pound today at Wi... Feck it anyway...I'm going to have to start exercising... Haven't since I started 13 weeks ago as work is run run run and I'm always knackered, and I've kidded myself that was enough... But 11.5 down, 4.5 to go it's time to get a routine going here!! Tomorrow, definitely tomorrow! (famous last words)??

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Monife thanks for that I could get back into the social group last night after you test posted yesterday :) for some strange reason it wasn't coming up in my CP & when I searched via social groups it wouldn't let me in :( was too late to post though but will do so later :)

Well done on the losses & the STS anyone that gained don't fret it will come off again! I know how frustratingly slow it can be at times Newbee you're doing fab missus! Be sure to enjoy your birthday with the weeklies missus!

Fiona, you've done brilliantly don't fret I know it's been hard the last number of weeks but you will get to goal! Draw a line under the gains & get back on the wagon maybe you needed to have a little blowout in France & once you got Back but now it's out of your system you can move forward :) best of luck everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Morning All,

I've had two GREAT days :D:D:D Have stuck to my points, tracked everything, getting my water intake up and have done loads of exercise! Feeling great and hoping that I will be losing some of what I gained in the last few weeks. Have no scales to weight my self though so won't know for a few weeks how I am doing because I can't afford to go to class myself at the min :(

On the down side, a girl just brought a chocolate biscuit cake into work :( Going to have to exercise a LOT of willpower to stay away from it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

.75Lbs down this morn. Finally got to the 3 stone lost mark!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

brenmcp wrote: »
    I hear you, i did the same think, got within a couple of pounds of goal and then started gainong, now have stone and a half to loose, i know how mine went on though, just stopped counting and drank and nibbled chocolate.

Comon girl, you know what to do
    track
    exercise
    plan
    shop
    chop
    drink water
    eat your body weight in veggies
    mind the booze

and you'll be grand, i think you should just write off al the negativity and start afresh tomorrow at the weight you are, forget what went before!!!!!

Chip up!!!!!!! After all, this is a batttle for life, the bulge advanced, now you need to beat it back again
    Kay_80 wrote: »
    Fiona, you've done brilliantly don't fret I know it's been hard the last number of weeks but you will get to goal! Draw a line under the gains & get back on the wagon maybe you needed to have a little blowout in France & once you got Back but now it's out of your system you can move forward :) best of luck everyone!

Thanks Guys, I feel a bit better today after all its only 9lbs and not the 9st I needed to lose at the start of this.
    Brenmcp, as regards your list, the problem I have is that I haven't stopped doing any of those things at all. Thats why I can't explain the gain. I don't even drink so can't blame alcohol!
    Anyway, new week, new mentality (trying to convince myself of that still). Onwards and downwards! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Down a pound last night which I was happy with. I'm now back at the same weight I was before I went on my "sabbatical" from WW :D. Back on track for the past 2 weeks and I must admit I could have done better if I'd tried a bit harder. Anyway I'm happy to be losing weight again and anything after this is a bonus!
    Hope you're all having a good week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Thanks Guys, I feel a bit better today after all its only 9lbs and not the 9st I needed to lose at the start of this.
    Brenmcp, as regards your list, the problem I have is that I haven't stopped doing any of those things at all. Thats why I can't explain the gain. I don't even drink so can't blame alcohol!
    Anyway, new week, new mentality (trying to convince myself of that still). Onwards and downwards! :o

Fiona, you might have done this before, but I would suggest mixing up your normal routine. Change everything you eat. For example, if you had fruit salad for breakfast, try an omellette. If it was salad for lunch, try incorporating some protein into or having something completely different. And the same for dinner.

If you are exercising much, try changing it completely. If you are used to walking all the time, maybe try cycling or swimming. If you want to continue to walk, try doing intervals of normal walking and then speed it up to a power walk for a minute or 2 and then back to your normal speed and so on. Hope you see a good result next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Hey Fiona, also try going back to the beginning bascis. I know when I was near goal and going nowhere it's because I thought I had it down to a tee. My portions had grown in a few weeks and my tablespoons were like balancing acts!! Try weighing everything again for a week. I did this for a week and was shocked how big I had let them get and lost a couple o pound that week: Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hotfire

yapeee!!! Down 3lbs at WI last nite after two weeks of STS :D. So happy, was starting to think WW wasnt going to work for me.

Can anyone help! I need to point a Ginseng I had earlier!! I had tub A, 3 choices, chilli chicken, beef in blackbean and noodles.. It was a standard size Chinese tub and my sister ate half.. I know that it probably wasn't too bad but today us start of a new week, so i'm supposed to be good..

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Magicmatilda

Been reading this thread a while but only posting now. Had my WI today and down 1lb I know its the right direction but I felt I had a really good week and expected more. I tracked all week and I had 15 weeklies left over. I started my pill free week yesterday so maybe that has something to do with it (TOTM). Though I didn't think it would have. I wouldn't mind if I was not sticking to the programme but i did this week. Anyway i am not going to let it ruin me, I had a doughnut at lunch which I have tracked but other than that I am not going to have a big blow out which I would have done in the past. I need to remember that 1lb a week is nearly a stone in 3 months. I also think it helps to imagine a pound of mince, that is essentially what I got rid of this week and that is not bad at all. Best of luck to everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Same thing happened to me when I went on PP.
    Had been in WW for a year last year and took a break, went back and STS my first week, was raging! But the following week it showed up. My weight loss comes in fortnightly!

Anyway, I've been away from WW for a while but I've decided I'm going back on 10th August.
    I'm giving myself 4 months to get to goal (10-14lbs to lose) Have lost about 40lbs so far.

Here's hoping I can get there this time and stop being so lazy! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Weigh in in a couple of hours and am really not looking forward to it. Have been good all week and only used about 20 weeklies!! But I have been sick the last 2 days and haven't been able to get outta bed never mind exercise. I have walked 5 days this week though. I sneakily weighed myself this morning(I know I shouldn't) and it is only saying I lost 1/2 pound. I will actually cry if that's the case:(
    On another note, is there anyone here on Dianette and if so have u found it more difficult to shift the weight?:confused: Im thinking of coming off it for a couple of months to see if it does my body (and diet) any good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Boop22 wrote: »
    Weigh in in a couple of hours and am really not looking forward to it. Have been good all week and only used about 20 weeklies!! But I have been sick the last 2 days and haven't been able to get outta bed never mind exercise. I have walked 5 days this week though. I sneakily weighed myself this morning(I know I shouldn't) and it is only saying I lost 1/2 pound. I will actually cry if that's the case:(
    On another note, is there anyone here on Dianette and if so have u found it more difficult to shift the weight?:confused: Im thinking of coming off it for a couple of months to see if it does my body (and diet) any good.

Heya, not on the pill but ANY contraceptive is going to cause some sort of weight issues, whether it be water retention, increase in appetite (and therefore weight gain) etc I dont think it specifically makes it harder to lose the weight though, except around the time you have a pill free week, you would probably experience more water retention.

I've had my first STS drama!! I mean what?? I was actually looking forward to weigh in as I had such good week and was waiting to see how it paid off and she was like....nothing. OMG so frustrating. 29 points a day and doubled my exercise, alot of exercise. I can't explain it? I've a big weekend ahead so I thought I'd be ahead of myself, guess not. It's just really hard when you out in SUCH an effort. Sorry for my moan. Tomorrow is a new day :)

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    I've had my first STS drama!! I mean what?? I was actually looking forward to weigh in as I had such good week and was waiting to see how it paid off and she was like....nothing. OMG so frustrating. 29 points a day and doubled my exercise, alot of exercise. I can't explain it? I've a big weekend ahead so I thought I'd be ahead of myself, guess not. It's just really hard when you out in SUCH an effort. Sorry for my moan. Tomorrow is a new day :)

Maggie, I could have written this post yesterday and again a few weeks ago! Yesterday in my first week since Jan I had a STS, this is probably because I drank loads! I think it was 3 weeks ago I joined the gym, had been 5 times and to 2 exercise classes and only lost half a pound! I think the only explanation is that the fat turned to muscle, so while we lost fat, we gained muscle so our weight stayed the same! Have you measured yourself? I bet you've lost inches so while it's not showing on scales body shape is changing!!!

Thanks Newbee! Yea I do feel good in myself and shape is changing so I reckon I lost inches. But yea I reckon it was an exercise shock to the system and I tried loads of strenuous new things. Hopefully I'm going to keep at it and I'll see it next week. But nice to know that others have weeks like that too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Shoe-Addict

Well had my weigh in and was up half a pound, my leader said its probably due to the anti-biotics and totm so hopefully next week I will be down!! Just have to survive a bank holiday weekend which is going to be spent on the beer ( or vodka and diet 7up!!)

After all my panicking, I actualy lost 3 pounds...I don't think I'll ever understand how my body works. I also think I need to stay away from my own scales and just stick to the WI at class:rolleyes:

Monife wrote: »
    Heya, not on the pill but ANY contraceptive is going to cause some sort of weight issues, whether it be water retention, increase in appetite (and therefore weight gain) etc I dont think it specifically makes it harder to lose the weight though, except around the time you have a pill free week, you would probably experience more water retention.

Hey, yeah I think I just need to stick with it and it will eventually come off. My weight has kinda stabisilsed the last 2 yrs so i cant blame the pill for making me gain weight but I do find it a lot harder to lose it than I did a few years ago....maybe its just my age. lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

people, it thursday and I've only got 3 entries for the weight 'league' thingy so far.

dont let it die on its feet!! send us your weight

Maggie, I could have written this post yesterday and again a few weeks ago! Yesterday in my first week since Jan I had a STS, this is probably because I drank loads! I think it was 3 weeks ago I joined the gym, had been 5 times and to 2 exercise classes and only lost half a pound! I think the only explanation is that the fat turned to muscle, so while we lost fat, we gained muscle so our weight stayed the same! Have you measured yourself? I bet you've lost inches so while it's not showing on scales body shape is changing!!![/Quote]
    Sorry guys but our stand in leader said this week that unless we are in training for the 2012 olympics, fat won't turn to muscle.. The average woman or man doesnt exercise with enough intensity for that to happen!!

• Advertisement

LinK3 wrote: »
    Maggie, I could have written this post yesterday and again a few weeks ago! Yesterday in my first week since Jan I had a STS, this is probably because I drank loads! I think it was 3 weeks ago I joined the gym, had been 5 times and to 2 exercise classes and only lost half a pound! I think the only explanation is that the fat turned to muscle, so while we lost fat, we gained muscle so our weight stayed the same! Have you measured yourself? I bet you've lost inches so while it's not showing on scales body shape is changing!!!
    Sorry guys but our stand in leader said this week that unless we are in training for the 2012 olympics, fat won't turn to muscle.. The average woman or man doesnt exercise with enough intensity for that to happen!![/QUOTE]

I know our leader said the same but I do agree that sometimes when you don't see the pounds going down on the scales you can lose inches thats why they say to measure yourself aswell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement