Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 NimmyZ

I was wondering what others do with their weekly allowance? Do ye use it mostly in emergencies or plan treats? I get nervous whenever I dip into them.

My WI is a Friday at 1pm. My lunch after that is a bag of crisps and a chocolate bar (if I've lost or not). That night I always have chip sandwiches dipped in runny egg. There's my 49 ppoints, plus that day's 33 ppoints. A whopping 82 ppoints in one day!

So, Friday's are treat days for me where I have one big delicious guilt free meal. I've never been able to finish those treat meals but I always point them correctly (I even use real butter measured on a spoon so I point it right)

The remainder of the week I'm an angel. If I see something I want I think, Ohh I'll have that Friday instead of my chip sandwich. I'm not a big drinker so alcohol points are not a worry for me (maybe a glass of wine a month if at all) and I wouldn't be able to go with just an extra 7 ppoints a day each day as some people do.

I prefer to save them up and use them all in one glorious go. 7 months and 4 stone later this is still working for me

(can't wait for tomorrow night - I look forward to that more than the WI!)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Minus 3 yipee my terrible weeks are gone now a distant memory

I dont think this will be a brilliant week though as i turn FORTY on Monday have a feeling there will be extra food floating around...lol:):):)

Got my Iphone today(birthday prezzie) so i need to buy Iwatcher app

Is there an app for boards or do I just have to get it on the net

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Well done on the losses everyone delighted for ye all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

NimmyZ wrote: »
    7 months and 4 stone later this is still working for me

That's fantastic - what a result. Obviously you are doing something right! Keep up the good work.
    aspie mum wrote: »

I dont think this will be a brilliant week though as i turn FORTY on Monday have a feeling there will be extra food floating around...lol:):):)

Great result & happy birthday for Monday. Remember that you are only 40 once (been there, done that), so enjoy yourself - occasions like that are what your weeklies are for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jeans_vs_food

Thanks Kareno.Carlow and NimmyZ :) !

wrote that post in a state of utter upset and disappointment & i must admit it did cross my mind to just jack it all in... but i WONT!!! i am determined and youre right ive done well so far, i havent put on any weight in 6weeks, which id swear has never happened before!!:P

im off work at the moment and while ive been doing intense exercise once a day the rest of my day is very sedantary...maybe thats not helping. not saying im gonna go crazy working out 9-5 but maybe move a bit more, housework, hanging out clothes, walk to shop that kinda thing....

NimmyZ im fairly confident im tracking correctly as i eat a lot of branded WW foods but im deffo gonna double check everything just to rule out any possible pp sabotage!!!!

and finally stop comparing myself to the others in the class. this is MY journey ill take the good with the bad. THANKS so much again for your responses, a much happier, positive Jeans x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Thanks Kareno.Carlow and NimmyZ :) !

wrote that post in a state of utter upset and disappointment & i must admit it did cross my mind to just jack it all in... but i WONT!!! i am determined and youre right ive done well so far, i havent put on any weight in 6weeks, which id swear has never happened before!!:P

im off work at the moment and while ive been doing intense exercise once a day the rest of my day is very sedantary...maybe thats not helping. not saying im gonna go crazy working out 9-5 but maybe move a bit more, housework, hanging out clothes, walk to shop that kinda thing....

NimmyZ im fairly confident im tracking correctly as i eat a lot of branded WW foods but im deffo gonna double check everything just to rule out any possible pp sabotage!!!!

and finally stop comparing myself to the others in the class. this is MY journey ill take the good with the bad. THANKS so much again for your responses, a much happier, positive Jeans x

If you are eating the same kind of foods all the time, try changing it up this week. Your body can get used to the same food and sometimes it needs a shock to get the metabolism going again. If it's toast for breakfast, try fruit salad and yoghurt or salad for lunch, try incorporating a bit of pasta or protein.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

aspie mum wrote: »

Got my Iphone today(birthday prezzie) so i need to buy Iwatcher app

Is there an app for boards or do I just have to get it on the net

Welcome to the club! I just turned 40 last month (and my prezzie was an iPad :)! Celebrate it either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Joined last night ladies have a ton of weight to lose!! Think i'll find this new plan tricky because I have done ww before with th old points system so I may get that out of my head!

Best of luck girls and wish me luck too....I need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

Hi guys,

Just wondering, can I change meetings straight away by just attending another one, or do I have to repay the joining fee or what?

one pound down on last wi. Really need to focus now, but everything is so tempting!

Thanks Monife.

seems i have the exercise / water drinking under control so gonna put extra focus on the food / tracking this week just to be sure. i track everything & keep to or just under my dailies. only use extra 49 maybe once a month for vodka! but something could be inaccurate or im calculating wrong.

i just keep reminding myself that someday when im at goal ill be able to help someone through a stumble because i got through it and succeeded!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Hi guys,

Just wondering, can I change meetings straight away by just attending another one, or do I have to repay the joining fee or what?

one pound down on last wi. Really need to focus now, but everything is so tempting!

Yep you can change straight away. Just go to the meeting and hand in your card like normal :)

Thanks Monife.

seems i have the exercise / water drinking under control so gonna put extra focus on the food / tracking this week just to be sure. i track everything & keep to or just under my dailies. only use extra 49 maybe once a month for vodka! but something could be inaccurate or im calculating wrong.

i just keep reminding myself that someday when im at goal ill be able to help someone through a stumble because i got through it and succeeded!

Maybe you should eat your 49 weeklies more often and see does that work. They're there to be eaten. Also I noticed you said you eat a lot of WW foods, maybe you should eat less processed foods. WW foods are not a long term option and while they are handy in emergencies they are not the healthiest to be eating every day. If you look back on this thread you'll find loads of nice recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hotfire

maoidh wrote: »
    Well i had my WI last night and was up 2lb, being doing WW since Jan and it's like up one week down another and basically i'm nearly back to when i started. Had a chat with my leader and she's going to check my tracker next week so giving it another week to see where i'm going wrong.

Drink loads of water and use all my daily points and use most of my weekly points every week. Just so frustrating when you do a good week and people keep saying to me i've lost weight and doesn't reflect on the scales.

Have an under-active tyroid which doesn't help but didn't think it would be this hard to loose weight!! Really starting to get de-motivated!!:(:(

Hi Maoidh,
    Next Tuesday will be my third WI in WW. First week I lost 5lbs, nothing since..... I also have under active thyroid so it will take us longer to lose weight. I have been in a gym for the last three years ( going about three times a week) and have lost nothing. I also ran half a marathon last year yet the weight was constantly going up..... So WW does work,its the first thing that has shifted weigth for me, just have to stick with it. I have come to the conclusion that for me to lose weight in WW I cannot touch my weeklies...... Going to try for three weeks and see what happens... My doctor advised me to join WW and give it three months to see, she said if i didnt lose anything to come back to her and she would do more tests for my thyroid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

slow and steady wins the race. we will get there!

All i know is I'm eating far healthier than i was before ww. Salads are now a regular thing in my meals...when we have the fresh stuff in the house....i'm fussy i only like the freshest possible stuff. and i make all my own stuff from scratch when i can (and if i know how to)

My complection is better, my hair is better, dont get as many migrains, and have had vertually zero sinus problems so far this summer...which might be totally unrelated, but point is....i feel healthier...I may not be running marathons...but the ticking away at the treadmill and weights when i can is improving my fitness...like dear god...the hills i climbed over on cap clear....up up up up after an hour walking...you still weren't at the top! They nearly killed me...but i did it...dear god next morning i was in bits.... the walk it self took nearly 4 hours....most of it up hill...3 hours to go up....1 hour to come down! it was roads...but still tough...especially with backpack with camera and heavy book...cos i was just out exploring...didnt know i'd be walking for that long

Thanks EabhaBear!

oh gawwwd im so bad w cooking, my problem is dinners, cooking for 1. always end up w......stirfry or grilled salmon & veg!!! and when i attempt to cook something i dunno what im doing with the points!! (raw vs cooked!)(should i buy the ww scale?)

what about that ww cookbook? is it simply tasty? is it very complicated?lol

ill have a look at some recipes here too as suggested. heres to a new week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Thanks EabhaBear!

oh gawwwd im so bad w cooking, my problem is dinners, cooking for 1. always end up w......stirfry or grilled salmon & veg!!! and when i attempt to cook something i dunno what im doing with the points!! (raw vs cooked!)(should i buy the ww scale?)

what about that ww cookbook? is it simply tasty? is it very complicated?lol

ill have a look at some recipes here too as suggested. heres to a new week!

I was the same at the start, got so sick of chicken that I didn't have it for a week. Here are a few options for you to build on, if you want! (and don't forget the Maggi So Juicy for chicken - very handy and tasty). A dinner doesn't always have to mean the standard meat and two veg either, you can have something like veg, baby potatoes and sausages? Even some gravy?

Baby Potatoes - 2pp per 100g
    1 average chicken fillet (cooked, not in oil) - 4pp
    or
    1 pork sausage (use your low-cal spray, up to 19 sprays for 1pp) - 2pp
    1 lean back rasher - 1pp
    loads of veg - 0pp

I buy the same meat/fish I bought before starting WW - if you don't have the calculator or hate using the wheel, then there are online points calculators that can do it for you if you put in the nutritional info. Please don't give up, there are loads of options and you can have lovely "normal" breakfasts, lunches and dinners, that doesn't have to change because you are on WW!

Nobody else in the house likes what I eat either (stuck with a cabbage/spud/bacon family lol) so if I fancy something I cook it anyway and if there are leftovers I have them the next day. Don't deprive yourself! Think of this as an opportunity to learn some more cookery skills too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

:-) love this tread its my motivation everyday!!! I cant make it to class this summer so i joined up online and between that and this tread im doing ok (weight is going down slowly but at least its going down) i weight in on saturday mornings but today i had to get weighed in the doctors as i wanted to change one of the medications i was on to something that she couldnt put me on untill my bmi was 35 or below (started at 42 n january) so anyway i stepped on the scales and im now in the 14's (stones) and more importanty my bmi is 34.9 ive lost nearly 4 stone since january (have another 5 to lose but if i lose 3 between now and christmas and the other two between christmas and the summer that seems managable) anyway i love everyones advice the best piece of advice i got here was that if you give up whats your plan to keep the weight off and if you dont have one dont give up!!!!! Lainy glad you had a good holiday hope your weigh in goes well tomorrow!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fennitty

Thanks Monife.

You should eat your weeklies or at least some of them every week. I used all my dailys and weeklies this week which included alot of chocolate a mc donalds hamburger but everything else was healthy, drank 2 litres of water a day and have started a couch to 5k running plan and was down 3 and a half pounds. :) I think alot of us have the idea that if we eat less we'll lose more weight and i myself am coming around to the fact that we're given the weeklies to eat them. Try eating them all and see if theres a difference and goodluck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 NimmyZ

Down 2 pounds today. Phew! Because I went WAY over points on my Friday treat last week and even though I was very good all week and did 4 evenings of running, I still thought I mightn't have lost.

Anyway, I'm thrilled and my total now is 4 Stone, 2 and a half pounds. Can't wait for my chip sandwich tonight dipped in runny fried egg....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

layviae wrote: »
    :-) ive lost nearly 4 stone since january (have another 5 to lose but if i lose 3 between now and christmas and the other two between christmas and the summer that seems managable)
    NimmyZ wrote: »
    Anyway, I'm thrilled and my total now is 4 Stone, 2 and a half pounds.

Amazing weight losses - you should be really proud of yourselves. Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

got up at stupid a clock to get into work that was far away today. I didn't eat any breakfast as i was in a rush but god was that a mistake!!! when I got to lunch and was offered a free lunch at an italian because of my work, my defenses got really low. I got a 10 inch pizza with 5 thin slices of chorizo on top. What points am I looking at here? I'm guessing 20???? Help :( I was starving and figured if i must eat something there it might as well be something that would get me through the rest of the day.

20? or more :S

• Advertisement

new week starts tomorrow...new plan of action.....going to start having nice BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG BIGGGGGGG healthy dinners....to fill me up for the evening...when i have a nice big dinner i dont snack!

so instead of saving points for evening snacks...why not nip it in the bud...and have nice BIIIIG healthy dinner.

made a GEORGOUS spag bol tonight.....and oh sweet lord im stuffed and within my dailies!

150g Lean steak mince 7pp
    one huge diced white onion
    tonne of garlic, fresh basil leaves,
    pessata

so my meat sauce = 7pp
    I was STARVING after cleaning house all day so pigged out on brown pasta,
    110g brown pasta = 11pp

BIG DINNER 18pp....and the thought of eating anything else now makes me a lil queeezy :D

moderate breakie, moderate lunch BIG HEALTHY dinner.
    and going to use my weeklies for snacks when im genuinely HUNGRY!

I need August to be a really good month....summer has been disaster....but i keep getting back on the ww horse! Must pick up rosemary connely magazine on monday. ALOT of good excercise and work outs in it...alot of her recipes really simular to ww ones....so just a matter of point them!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

dont forget to get your weight to me for this week!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mags87

So first weigh in last night....was v nervous as I was out for lunch pretty much every day this week and I found pointing O'Brien's is really difficult!! BUT am down 4lbs!! Am so thrilled but know that its prob just 1st week luck, but now have so much faith in the new system. Also weighed pasta for the 1st time EVER today...Oh My God I must've been eating nearly half a kilo as a portion before! Those scales are my best purchase! Have a good weekend guys!! xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mary76

Hi Everyone,

I've just started back at WW to lose my post baby weight, first week went well, down 3.5 lbs! I've only just discovered this forum and look forward to joining in each week from now on. I just have a quick question- my husband wants to follow the WW plan with me but i have no idea how many points he should be allowed per day:confused:. Does anyone know how to work this out on the new system, he is 5' 10" and 13 stone?

Thanks a mill.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 givee

whats his age mary 76 and i'll work it out on my calculator.

He is 35, thanks a million for your help!

39pp daily and then his 49 weeklies!

Thanks Givee:D

your welcome and good luck with it!

• Advertisement

can ppl please send me some of there will power and good luck.....its just disastrous for me lately....but its my own fault not ww,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement