Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Hi All,

Fell off the wagon most terribly all of last week! But it was a conscious decision. Went to WI and was up again but had a stand in leader and she was horrible, I mean really horrible. So after that I decided to take a week off WW altogether to sort myself out. So now I've it all out of my system and am working really hard to lose what I've gained over the last few weeks! Can't afford to go to class for the next few weeks cos we are moving house and have a lot on but I have the goal of fitting into my dress for our friend's wedding at the end of August. I paid 130euro for it, so if it kills me, I'm going to fit into it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    can ppl please send me some of there will power and good luck.....its just disastrous for me lately....but its my own fault not ww,

join the club

1. hurt my back where im seeing a chiropractor and can't walk / cycle / run and sometimes sit without pain

2. had my little boys christening yesterday ( beer and food :( )

3. heading to waterford this weekend with family so i will be eating out

i can't even do my bloody excercise , im miserable the past week , my attitude stinks and as soon as my back isnt sore im out on my bike as id easily do 2hours on that and cover 50km +

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Hi all, Ive Wi in the morning...I'm 3.5 pounds from goal, and already I'm at a weight I thought I'd never see again so looking forward to cracking it this time round, had a BBQ at my sisters at the weekend but as I had a migraine I didn't drink! Now don't get me wrong, it wasn't because I made the choice, I was hanging for a bottle if beer(had none last weekend) but I was on pain killers! I ate a quarter pounder, some rice salad, and nibbled on a rib, so points wise I don't think I went over! I had 10 left for my dinner anyway so my weeklies were almost untouched..I had 2 glasses of wine and 3 bottles of beer last night though so that's my treat and the rest of the weeklies sorted.. Has anyone found that full fat milk is too much now?? I've been using the avonmore 1% or normal low fat if I run out, the whole family have, but the shop only had full fat yesterday.. I had a cup of tea and my husband coffee and we were going ughhhhhh... It felt sickening..

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭galwayhooker

Thanks Len81 for post you made today.Just came across this relatively new thread and have to say its great.I am in exactly the same boat as what you were Len81 and was just getting so sick of ww - up a pound one week,down one the next,staying the same the next....My weight is even starting to go up now!!Have decided to make a clean break for tomorrow mornings class.
    Fingers crossed i wont be up too much tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭galwayhooker

Perrin2040 wrote: »
    Hi just curious if maybe anyone could help me, I have tried to use the search function in both threads to find some info on some foods that I eat out (friends/family/cinema etc) and that I wouldn't be able to easily check. I got a lot of answers but still have a couple I'm curious about.

I know these arent going to be healthy, if I have them they are definitly going to be treats, but I was just wondering if anybody had points values for any of the following:

Curry sauce from a chinese take-away (Iv read between 2 and 3.5, but dont want to underestimate it)
    Roast breast of chicken from a chinese take-away
    Boiled rice from a chinese take-away

Cinema pick and mix fizzy dummy or fizzy chips (per unit or per weight, whatever)
    Cinema popcorn (I have read like 9 for mid and 12 for lrg, seems a bit low tho)

Again, I dont expect this to be healthy, so much as a treat, but I would really appreciate it if I could get some help, don't want to be counting less points than Iv actually had.

Hi!This is what i calculated
    about 3 pp for curry sauce
    about 4 pp for roast breast of chicken
    12 pp for medium portion of plain boiled rice according to eat out book
    8 pp for 100 fizzy cola bottles Haribo (hard to find cinema pick n mix)
    Salted pop corn 7 pp small,12 pp med, 19 pp large

Hope this helps!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Perrin2040

Thanks guys! Really helpful!

Just to throw it all together, in case anyone would like to give any second opinions etc:

Curry sauce: 3
    Boiled rice: 12
    Roast breast chicken: 4

Cinema popcorns Sml: 7, Mid: 12, Lrg: 19

The 8 points for 100 fizzy colas seems to good to be true, think il double check that! No offense, I just see myself lying in a sugar coma after 4 bags, saying i still have points left :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

okay....so i went to private doctor today about getting implanon on,
    So i was giving her my history, previous medications, conditions ect....

well.....to my horror.....the deprovera injections i've been on for FOUR years.... apparently are the biggest weight gaining contraceptive there is....i know weight gain is a possible side effect or contraceptives....but apparently EVERYONE gains weight on these jabs, cos they increase your appetite. She was in disgust that my doctor had put me on it, without giving me other options...at the time i thought depo was best option for me...cos it was only 3 months at a time...and cos i had such a bad reaction to the pill.

Well the doctor said....being on these depo shots could be why its been so hard to lose the weight....and that in the month since i've come off it....my weight has BALLOOOOONED. that my body is complete hormonal shock, like in the last 5 weeks i've GAINED A STONE! but doctor said thats normal....that its water retention and to keep doing what im doing. She kinda asked me what stuff im generally eating....and i was totally honest with her....she runs a weight management clinic for young adults and teens....so she knows her stuff...and from what i told her....i should be losing weight....even with the odd slip...

unfortunatly it could take up to six months for the injection to clear my system...so im on hormone contraception Detox...no pill, injections, implants. gotta let my body recover...

So increased appetite and boarderline thyroid....i've had everything going against me!

I know i cant blame everything on these injections....but its relief to know its not ALL my fault....and that i'm not going crazy....thats why i dropped out of the GT table...cos i was so embarressed that so much weight had gone on so quickly...but now i know its a reaction to coming off the injection....

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Lainy, great to hear that your recent weight gain was out of your control. I'm sure you're relieved. You have done so well still sticking with WW through it all & you'll get your deserved loss soon. Keep up the good work.

fingers and toes crossed. so far i'm on my 3rd good day! I've had tonnes of water. did 1/2 hour at 5kph on treadmill saturday and sunday....didnt get excercise in today cos I was out all day....and i'm shattered now from town...the heat....unbareable...but the heat makes it easy to drink the water!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

Had a non scales victory today (firstly i manage to only go 6 points over my dailys today and made it to the gym to earn 4 of those points) and secondly and most importantly i was at my doctors today getting the results of some blood test and my closeteral that was a bit high at the start of 2010 was 'excellet' according to my doctor so im chuffed!!!!

lainy there's light at the end of that tunnel!!! I came off the depo in may 2010 (after putting on seven stone)
    I joined ww at the same time and lost 7pounds between may and christmas (and put on eight pounds over the christmas period) BUT since january ive lost nearly 4stone partly because the depo has left my body partly because i got my act together and promised myself no more excuses at least your off it now and not on anything else (i went straight onto the pill after as i couldnt risk getting pregnant) i know how hard it is and how starving you get i used grapes and hard boiled sweets and im a million times better you will feel the benefit once it leaves your body look at it in the long term this time next year you could be down 3stone and keeping it off!!!
    Good luck with the next few weeks

• Advertisement

layviae wrote: »
    Had a non scales victory today (firstly i manage to only go 6 points over my dailys today and made it to the gym to earn 4 of those points) and secondly and most importantly i was at my doctors today getting the results of some blood test and my closeteral that was a bit high at the start of 2010 was 'excellet' according to my doctor so im chuffed!!!!

lainy there's light at the end of that tunnel!!! I came off the depo in may 2010 (after putting on seven stone)
    I joined ww at the same time and lost 7pounds between may and christmas (and put on eight pounds over the christmas period) BUT since january ive lost nearly 4stone partly because the depo has left my body partly because i got my act together and promised myself no more excuses at least your off it now and not on anything else (i went straight onto the pill after as i couldnt risk getting pregnant) i know how hard it is and how starving you get i used grapes and hard boiled sweets and im a million times better you will feel the benefit once it leaves your body look at it in the long term this time next year you could be down 3stone and keeping it off!!!
    Good luck with the next few weeks

and did that 7 stone go on purely while you were on the depo? Like i do have way more than 3st to lose, but god 3st would be a HUGE dent in the scales :D
    Thanks for sharing your experience! I dont want to get pregnant either, but ithink my body just needs a break....and i'm not in a relationship....the ultimate contraception...."not doing it" LOL

4stone is AMAZING!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Thanks guys! Really helpful!

Just to throw it all together, in case anyone would like to give any second opinions etc:

Curry sauce: 3
    Boiled rice: 12
    Roast breast chicken: 4

Cinema popcorns Sml: 7, Mid: 12, Lrg: 19

The 8 points for 100 fizzy colas seems to good to be true, think il double check that! No offense, I just see myself lying in a sugar coma after 4 bags, saying i still have points left :D

I'd say that is 8PP per 100g of fizzy cola bottles.

Lainy, so happy you have found a good doctor and can get back on track now. I thought "depo" was the "thing" for me too and went to my doctor 4 years ago with the intentions of getting it. But she warned me off it straight away and told me she wouldn't prescribe it to me because it causes huge weight gain and depression. Also the injection is a huge whack of hormones in one go (they put like 4 months worth into one, in case people forget to go back and get the next one). To put the weight gain bit into perspective, my friend has been on it for a good few years and used to be a size 8 but is now a size 12. She is by no means fat (and prob has a decent metabolism) but even she gained about 2 stone (maybe a bit more).

She also said that the injection can stay in your system for well over a year, so if you ever got bad side effects, you would be stuck. When you get back to normal, i'd say the implanon would be good. At least if you get bad side effects on that, you can get it taken straight out and go back to normal almost immediately. I have sworn by it for the last 4 years, it's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 starryg

Hi, I just joined WW today and I can see from all the encouraging posts here that I will enjoy keeping up with this thread. Can't wait to get started and begin to feel better about myself...and my clothes fitting!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 brenmcp

Finally lost some weight!!!

Have been farting around with this for a while but went to be weighed in tonight and have lost 4lbs, yay yay, that's over a couple of weeks though. 5 weeks until a wedding, 10 lbs target for then!!!!!! I hope that i can do it...................

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    and did that 7 stone go on purely while you were on the depo? Like i do have way more than 3st to lose, but god 3st would be a HUGE dent in the scales :D
    Thanks for sharing your experience! I dont want to get pregnant either, but ithink my body just needs a break....and i'm not in a relationship....the ultimate contraception...."not doing it" LOL

4stone is AMAZING!

Yeah lost my baby weight on ww (baby was born april 2008) put on 7st between january 2009 and may 2010 all while on the depo there was a few reasons (some of them were emotional ones that i dont really wanna go into) one of them was that i was working my ass off on ww to lose weight and nothing was coming off in fact i was putting on about half a pound a week but the moment i stopped watching what i ate (and started getting loads of take aways) id litterly be growing out of my clothes every week and having to buy bigger sizes
    I was at my doctors getting the depo and she had it open and everything and i mentioned that i wanted to lose weight for my sisters wedding and she told me that the depo was gonna make that impossible so decided not to inject me
    That was may 2010 and i joined ww with a whopping 9st to lose hoping to make 4 this week (if today isnt like yesterday) then have another 5 to get to goal but i dont care how long it takes as long as i get there!!!!
    Im about your age im 24 and we have loads of time to do this in just dont stop doing it!!!!

OMG your preaching my life

My life has been combo of being on depop/trying different types of pills.....and a tonne of emotional baggage...and then trying different diets and methods and clinics to lose weight and not seeing results....

thank so much for sharing your experience....there might still be hope for me yet!!!

i'm just going to keep tipping away at it...cos eating healthy can only help my body! and eventually when my body recovers from the hormone abuse....it should start falling off at a stead comfortable rate....hopefully....

this actually takes so much stress off me....cos i was starting to lose all heart...and reaching for the odd bit of crap...saying "feck it im putting on weight with lettuce...what difference will this make"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 NimmyZ

but I was just wondering if anybody had points values for any of the following:

Curry sauce from a chinese take-away
    Roast breast of chicken from a chinese take-away
    Boiled rice from a chinese take-away

Cinema pick and mix fizzy dummy or fizzy chips (per unit or per weight, whatever)
    Cinema popcorn (I have read like 9 for mid and 12 for lrg, seems a bit low tho)

Again, I dont expect this to be healthy, so much as a treat, but I would really appreciate it if I could get some help, don't want to be counting less points than Iv actually had.

Hi!This is what i calculated
    about 3 pp for curry sauce
    about 4 pp for roast breast of chicken
    12 pp for medium portion of plain boiled rice according to eat out book
    8 pp for 100 fizzy cola bottles Haribo (hard to find cinema pick n mix)
    Salted pop corn 7 pp small,12 pp med, 19 pp large

Hope this helps!!:)

Um... sorry to break it to you but I think you're way off on the ole' calculations there!

First of all curry sauce is FULL of oil. My cousin worked in a chinese takeaway and she said that 90% of the curry sauce was made up of saturated fatty oil.
    A hundred grams would work out at around 6. An average portion is around 200 g, so that's 12 points

Roast chicken - well it depends on your portion size. 100g is about 5 points (which is ok, but have you seen how SMALL 100g is?) but most chinese portions are about 500 grams so you're talkin 25 points

Boiled rice - yep, you're right there I think - 12 points

Jellies in the cinema - again depends on portion size. A small bag of Bassetts jelly babies is 9

Small cinema popcorn is about 16 - that's unbuttered, but they do use nut oil and or saturated fat oil for the popping.

All of the above I got from a really handy website dailyburn.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

NimmyZ wrote: »

Jellies in the cinema - again depends on portion size. A small bag of Bassetts jelly babies is 9

Small cinema popcorn is about 16
    - that's unbuttered, but they do use nut oil and or saturated fat oil for the popping.

All of the above I got from a really handy website dailyburn.com

A small bag of basset jelly babies (the mini one's) is only 4 pps. I've calculated them numerous times to double check because I love them as a treat sometimes.

Perrin was right about the cinema popcorn. A small box unbuttered is 7pp, medium is 12pp and large is 19pp. I know that's what has been given on here plenty of times before and I think some leaders have given them in their class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Lainy that is great news. I'm so glad that you have found the solution and that you can now look forward :) Onwards and downwards as they say!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Perrin2040

Hey me again, think you guys are gonna be sick of me sooner rather than later :P

Anyway as I explained in my first post in this thread, Im trying to lose a bit of weight, and while my GF is on WW, i cant really afford it, so just trying to follow the program myself. (I know its more effective if you actually go, I dont doubt it, but I literally cant afford it either timewise or financially)

Anyway someone on here was kind enough to calculate I get 45 points a day, and I was just wondering, is it frowned on to east less than that? Im sure some days I will go over and have to use my weeklies, but yesterday (first day to be honest, so dont take it everyday will be like this) I only ate 35 points. Is coming in 10 points under too much, should i be aware of anything etc.

Oh btw that wasnt 10 points less due to will power or anything, I was saving my points for later on in the day when I would be hungrier and snackish :o ended up being too tired to be hungry after a long workday tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Up 1lb. Oddly enough I'm actually delighted with that as had been preparing for far worse and seriously, the amount I ate and drank for that pound was worth it just this once. Ok, no major plans until September hols now so am buckleing down from today. 10's here I come :) No more excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

So any of the oldies ( posters I mean!) has our WW discussion group been closed? I tried getting into it today but couldn't I know it was inactive for a while but just wondering what happened I was going to post something in there today away from here...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hotfire

Hi, WI in a few hours. Havent lost anything for the last two weeks..... Will be so dissapointed if I stay the same this week again. Will probably go up instead as its TOTM. Fingers crossed. Ive stuck to my dailies, not touched my weeklies but I injured my ancle last Thursday running so havent done much exercise this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Kay_80 wrote: »
    So any of the oldies ( posters I mean!) has our WW discussion group been closed? I tried getting into it today but couldn't I know it was inactive for a while but just wondering what happened I was going to post something in there today away from here...

I think they locked it! :(

Kay_80 wrote: »

Working fine for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 savy2011

hi guys

does anyone know if you have to point more if you eat potatoes with the skins on? or does it matter?
    i know its 3 points for 150g of uncooked potatoes on the new systems

also my leader told me that one baby potatoes is 1 point, but if 3 potaotes dont weight 150g surely thats not a good way of measure as ive found i can have 5 baby potaotes weighing 150g

i just want to have it right so i can make the most of my points and not be pointing to high or to low

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

savy2011 wrote: »
    hi guys

does anyone know if you have to point more if you eat potatoes with the skins on? or does it matter?
    i know its 3 points for 120g of uncooked potatoes on the new systems

thanks

It dosen't matter as far as I know. 50g raw for 1pp including/excluding skins

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    do people use their activity points?

I go cycling 2-3 times a week for over 1hr, so racking up about 9PP each time, but I dont use them.

What's peoples views on this

I generally don't use mine. I earned about 25 last week with jogging, etc. but didn't use them. But, I am not that careful with counting, so I guess it makes up for that. I don't always use my weeklies either. This week will be two nights out, so I guess it won't be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

Hi everyone..

Only lost 1lb last wi, probably nothing this week as I have been bad! Very bad! just had pizza for lunch because it was being made for everyone else.
    However my biggest problem is lunch at work. I work in a bar with crazy hours. For example my next two shifts are 3-3 on thursday and 2-3 on friday..

Anyone have any suggestions for dinners I can take to work that will fill me up and will taste ok reheated?

I just love this thread... great for when I feel like everyone else is just eating what they want so why cant I..? Ok rant over :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement