Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Ladies and Gents,

the numbers are way low this week, I've only 9 out of 24 peeps weight so far(not that thats bad coz it means my weekly weight loss had me in the top3 this week ;)).

Just remember the deadline is tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

yeah im just keeping my head low for a week or too....trying not to stress about ww as much....start having a life.....

got whole new wardrobe this week....totally skint....but i actually needed clothes....between stuff being too big for me....and well i havent bought anything in SO long....clothes have been washed so many times they are taking a battering. in

Finally sent my camera away for servicing. So when that comes back hopefully that'll get me out of the house more. Just needed a bit of breathting space from WW! I was starting to crash and burn! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20 millee

Well I stepped on the scales this morning, ouch!!!! Still it's over and done with. I know the damage I've done to myself and what I need to do to undo that damage. So bring on the next weigh-in lol. I hope I'll feel as confident this time next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    yeah im just keeping my head low for a week or too....trying not to stress about ww as much....start having a life.....

:(

Chin up Lainy! Hope you bit of a break will see you with renewed entusiasm for it. The beauty of WW is that we can have a life whilst incorpoarting the program into our lifestyle. Make it fit your life not fit your life around WW, I think that's the secret to it.

For example my OH and I love fine dining and trying new recipes and reading cook books , ya ironic I know :rolleyes:! We spend most Saturday afternoons preparing our Saturday night dinner and having decided during the week what our culinary feast will be, since starting WW we are still doing this, maybe not using a full pound of butter anymore or copious amounts of cream but not compromising on the flavours and using a little of each if the recipe requires and still enjoying our special time together.

I just lost those four lbs...then bang....crashed bit of a burn out...

decided to dig into my savings...and get a whole new wardrobe...cos all my stuff had become so baggy...and just worn out from being washed so many times...hated going anywhere cos felt like a frump....but now i'm in clothes that actually fit :D (officially down a top size) Slowly but surly I'm getting closer to an 18 top.....jean size still iffy....depends how bloated I am

plus theres a HUGE sale on in evans and newlook at the moment...so every single thing i got was on sale :D I actually look my age :P I can dress in the same kinda clothes my friends are in :P (ok like a million size bigger than they are) but at least I look somewhat with the times :P

Off into town again....must go order my cousins birthday cake :) See already more out going and active since mini wardrobe makeover!

Got some new jeans,
    Some Ugg Style Boots (not uggs....but same style)
    hiking bookts + socks,
    few nice pretty check shirts to go over sleevless vets, lots of pinks, blues, purples,
    Couple of hoodies,
    A kinda 3/4 length gypsy patterned pink maxi dress (that can also be worn as skirt)
    Sent my camera away to be serviced...the camera repairs will cost more than my WHOLE new wardrobe :(
    Got some lushes devine gormet coffee (which so far hasn't been effecting my sleep)

NOt a single black item was purchased except or the boots :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Caros wrote: »
    Chin up Lainy! Hope you bit of a break will see you with renewed entusiasm for it. The beauty of WW is that we can have a life whilst incorpoarting the program into our lifestyle. Make it fit your life not fit your life around WW, I think that's the secret to it.

For example my OH and I love fine dining and trying new recipes and reading cook books , ya ironic I know :rolleyes:! We spend most Saturday afternoons preparing our Saturday night dinner and having decided during the week what our culinary feast will be, since starting WW we are still doing this, maybe not using a full pound of butter anymore or copious amounts of cream but not compromising on the flavours and using a little of each if the recipe requires and still enjoying our special time together.

Yeah i agree with this! It is definitely a lifestyle change. You have to get on with life while you are loosing weight and deal with it! Otherwise when you get to goal and start having a life again then it will just creep back up if you cant deal with it! I did cut back a lot on alcohol and takeaways though, they are just things now i have maybe once a month or every couple of weeks! But i found i had a life in other ways, like going to classes and running and meeting people that way! If all that makes sense... :D

yeah i know just tough living middle of no where (dont drive & failed my theory test few weeks ago)...as it stands my best friend lives other end of the country...and in a few weeks thats going to be changing to other side of the world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

yeah i know just tough living middle of no where (dont drive & failed my theory test few weeks ago)...as it stands my best friend lives other end of the country...and in a few weeks thats going to be changing to other side of the world!

Sorry to hear you are feeling down Lainy! Sounds like you have a whole new fab wardrobe though! Totally jealous! Sometimes it is good to give it a break! I know the mods won't approve of this, but I totally had a blow out last week and put on 3lbs, but I feel much better for it! I'm motivated this week to pull my socks up and get on the WW bandwagon again! Sometimes you just need a break! :) Try taking your theory test again, you'll pass it! I know someone who failed it three times but who is a good driver now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Choclover

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the thread and would firstly like to say ye all are an inspiration. I have been thinking about joining the new WW plan for some time now and after stumbling upon this thread a few days ago have decided to give it a go. My first mmeting is next week so heres hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 dietdiva

Never posted before but just had to thank lady lainy for d link for the quiche. I made it, adjusted it slightly and managed to make a large 2ocm quiche for just 10pp. had half of it for lunch with sald and slice of soada bread all for just 7pp. it was delicious, looking forward to tomorrows lunch already. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I'm in the same position Lainy, I don't drive either and am in the middle of the country - it's hard to stay motivated but by jesus when the clothes start feeling looser it's a fantastic incentive to keep going! I've only started posting here recently but I've been reading for a good while, and you've been fantastic on here, I'd say you've helped hundreds of people with your recipes and tips. Congrats on the new wardrobe!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

dietdiva wrote: »
    Never posted before but just had to thank lady lainy for d link for the quiche. I made it, adjusted it slightly and managed to make a large 2ocm quiche for just 10pp. had half of it for lunch with sald and slice of soada bread all for just 7pp. it was delicious, looking forward to tomorrows lunch already. Thanks again.

Can you post this recipe again?? sounds great for only 10pp!!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Went to the gym today, great way to spend the first day of the summer hols!:) Really really hoping to get my 9th Silver 7 at my next weigh in, have 1lb to lose to get it, gonna work my ass off between now and Tuesday! Still havent caught up on all the posts I missed over the past two weeks, this really is a fast moving thread:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 dietdiva

Jewow wrote: »
    Can you post this recipe again?? sounds great for only 10pp!!

Thanks

tesco light choices wrap 5pp
    150ml skimmed milk 1pp
    1egg 2pp
    1 egg white 0pp
    40g superquinn half fat cheese 2pp(bargain)
    16cherry tomatoes halved
    onion as much is desired
    20cm quiche dish

place wrap in dish pinching it in round the edges
    cover with half the cheese, lay the tomatoes and onions on top and cover with remaining cheese.
    whisk egg, egg white and skimmed milk together and pour over quiche
    place in preheated oven 200degrees for 40mins

so simple, so tasty. original recipe had semi-skimmed milk, 2eggs and 30g low fat cheese but it came to 12pp. this way its a bargain nd tasted yummy to me. i do have very simple taste tho so might taste better with the 2eggs and semi-skimmed. u cud always try both to compare. only take a few mins to make which is always a good ting. let me know how u get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Don't worry about t.test Lainy,you'll get it next time,just read thru it again or watch dvd if u have it,you'll be grand!! Let us know,good,bad or sts 2moro(sat) at wi,i was a disaster these last couple of weeks!! Sure whats new,i'll try again! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Had my second WI this morn, down 3.75 lbs!! :D so that's 5.25 lbs in two weeks, not bad for a first timer if I do say so myself! :D headin to oxegen now next weekend, I really hope I won't undo all my good work!! Anyone got any tips on staying some bit on track at festivals? Or will I just write off the whole weekend now? :L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Was at a party this evening and only drink I could drink (lot of african guinness, hennessy etc yuck) was martini, anyone know the PP in martini? Thanks

i think martini is 4pp

I STS but thats fine...i wasn't tracking religiously..ths weeek...i needed the break....

I didnt track...but i did eat the same kind foods i been eating on ww....didnt splurge....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

i think martini is 4pp

I STS but thats fine...i wasn't tracking religiously..ths weeek...i needed the break....

I didnt track...but i did eat the same kind foods i been eating on ww....didnt splurge....

Lainy that's brill that you STS with your bad/stressful week. Take some time to focus on yourself and not WW and its a testament to you that you are already on the right road by still making the right choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Hey Monife, dunno bout propoints but I know martini used to be really low in old points, like half a point I think. Any idea how many points in a petit pain? :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

i think martini is 4pp

Good stuff !! You maintained so,we hadn't our usual leader and the one we had was on about holidays,she said that if you have 6pps extra per day that you'll sts,plus ur 29 and 49!! Now she said she'd only recomend doin it for a week!!

hollyhock wrote: »
    Good stuff !! You maintained so,we hadn't our usual leader and the one we had was on about holidays,she said that if you have 6pps extra per day that you'll sts,plus ur 29 and 49!! Now she said she'd only recomend doin it for a week!!

thats good to know...for when you need to taka a break...not go wild...but just take a break.

I have six frozen dinners in the ice box...went on a cooking splurge last night.

Been back on track today :) Chicken tikka peices in Lidl....150g pack 5pp :D so had that over a salad with some dressing for lunch :) big plate of food 5pp for like zero effort.

Have a massive container of cheery tomatoes in fridge. so going to make a quiche later on for my dinner. MIght throw in a chicken breast to it, to pump up the protein value....

Got some nice LEAN steak mince yesterday in SV :D nom nom nom! hanging for red meat cos I've had a few nights of Quorn LOL

Think i'll have a good old fashioned spag bol during the week :) make my own sauce from all the herbs outside with some passata :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wexchick

Choclover wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to the thread and would firstly like to say ye all are an inspiration. I have been thinking about joining the new WW plan for some time now and after stumbling upon this thread a few days ago have decided to give it a go. My first mmeting is next week so heres hoping.

Hi choclover!! new to ww myself, well joined last year but only 4 3 weeks!! but re-joined 2 weeks ago! lost 6lbs, how are you gettin on?? the plan is really good. can actually eat lots and helps you pick foods that will keep you feeling full for longer! I found that I was eating fairly plain food for first 2 weeks so i bought the ww cook book. some really nice recepies in it!! hope u are doin well!! dont back down! i did for months but so happy i joined again!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

WI today & down 1lb :) delighted especially after being away!

Have a great weekend all :) I'm having a night in with DVDs a bottle of red wine & a nummy dinner ive got everything prepped for it so cab put my feet up for an hour or so & read my book I'm Going to treat myself with a cup of peppermint tea & 2 squares of dark chocolate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Here are the results for week6

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Here are the results for week6
    Thanks gt well done on the results everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

Hi lainy sorry to hear youre feeling a bit crappy this week, when i started reading this thread a few weeks ago i was struck by how helpful and inspiring you are, your tips and recipies haven been really useful. Sometimes ww can get overwhelming, i know that sometimes i get a bit obsessive about it and need to take a step back, its a lifestyle change and it takes time, and that can be frustrating, for me anyway.

Think of the good feeling of dropping a dress size, thats brilliant, onwards and downwards! well done you :)

hey are there points in SUN DRIED TOMATOES (THEY ARE NOT IN OIL)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Aine M

Hi everyone,
    started following this thread today,it seems really helpful so Im hoping for some advice!Forgive me if this has been asked already,I only managed to get through the first 25 pages of thread.
    Im just wondering if anyone out there has advise for anyone on ww that works shiftwork. I had my first WI this wk,stayed the same and followed everything rigidly.I was gutted to say the least.I find it hard to organise my meals and when I should be eating them, Im a guard and the shifts are a mixture of nights days and mornings.I have to prepare all my food in one day due to the quick(8hr) changeover of shifts and find that the hardest I think.
    Any advise from anyone in a similar situation to me would be greatly appreciated!Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Hey can anyone tell me how many points are in Malibu please?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement