Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    can ppl please send me some of there will power and good luck.....its just disastrous for me lately....but its my own fault not ww,

I haven't got too much willpower today - having just eaten a slice of the kids leftover pizza - but I'll send you some luck. Today is a new day. Just concentrate on starting afresh & tracking honestly. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

fofany wrote: »
    I haven't got too much willpower today - having just eaten a slice of the kids leftover pizza - but I'll send you some luck. Today is a new day. Just concentrate on starting afresh & tracking honestly. Good luck.

thanks! At the moment I'm off getting recipes from different eating plans....mix things up....cos the week i started trying lots of new things i lost 4lbs!

Next week is going to be hell! i have a friend coming to stay for few nights, and then we're heading to dublin to hers for few nights....i'll have no control over eating!

Hopefully we wont be eating out left right and centre!

seriously tonnnes of recipes on here Its where I got the tortilla quiche recipe from!

Well got my fat ass up on the treadmill......sweated like a pig.....and god i feel great now! Earned 3pp 30 mins 2.5km (so thats 5kph)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Just had the most amazing butternut squash and chilli soup for 0pp. First time makin it myself, didn't realise it was that easy :-) got a 45 min walk in too. Has been a good week so far. Gonna have some popcorn and malteasers later as a Sat nite treat instead of alcohol. Really hoping for a good loss this week :-\

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

can ppl please send me some of there will power and good luck.....its just disastrous for me lately....but its my own fault not ww,
    Can i have some too please?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

Start again tomorrow lainy, remember why you want to lose weight, you were doing so well a few weeks ago and you can do well again, you know you can. Sending you loads of good luck and positive vibes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

lainy you can do it!!!! Go back over some good weeks trackers and look at whats worked for you!!! I remember you saying that planning your snacks worked so try that again... As regards motivation i rarely post here but i often plan to when i have a weak moment i say to myself 'im gonna put up on boards that i will NOT go over my dailys today and if i do others will know i cheated'
    Also i know you spend a lot of time excercising i plan a reward (yes a food reward its the only way i can get through it) after my gym session for say like 2pp like a ww cake or pack of skips or 3pp for a curly wurly and when i finish at the gym i come home and have that but when i want something else i say to myself 'no if i eat that ive wasted my time at they gym' and that stops me
    Im lucky though i have the support of my family (just about but still it was very hard doing ww living with my parents cause i couldnt control what was in the house) but since i moved out its become a lot easier to plan what i want to eat and make sure that theres only the snacks im willing to use points for in the house (the baby has his own press and biscute tin but id feel guilty robbing food off a 3 year old) and i hope that you have someone at home supporting you on this but if you dont EVERYONE here wants you to suceed!!!! Lastly set a reasonable goal like 'i have 7 weeks before i go back to college i promise myself that ill lose 7pounds and that during those even weeks i wont be up on any week' i promised myselfwhen i bought my tracker book that each week i would either lose or stay the same for the full 12 weeks and i kept to it (apart from the week that the baby went into hospital i put on a lb put it didnt stop me) by the end of the 12 weeks id lost 21lb and its lovely to look back over the tracker on weeks doing so well to see what worked
    Anyway to finish my ramble good luck lainy you realy deserve to do this youve inspired so many of us and your so helpful (everyone in work has that quiche recepie) you can do it i know you can

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Guys,

here's this weeks results.

I've removed some of the peeps who havent contributed for 4 or more weeks.
    If you find yourself removed, you can always re-join, just send me your weight and I'll add you again.

Regards

think I just been a little down in general cos like my summer nearly over and I've done NOTHING. So it felt like WW was the ONLY thing i had going on...and it was getting a little depressing!

But now I have a few things going on, some good distractions, and ww is just something I'm doing in the background.

Was back on the ryvita and light soft cheese last night!

Next week my friend who's moving away is coming to stay for a few nights, planning a long day of walking around fota while she's here :D

Also planning a pizza night! have some vouchers for personal pizzas from 4 star, so for my self will get a plain cheese and put my own pineapple and aldi ham cubes on it to make a Hawaiian.

Also going to get our nails done :P non food fun things :D

I also have my puppy training classes on sundays now, and have a canine first aid course in a few weeks, and also have a photography day course coming up to...

so lots of lil distractions...

might also have a bit of male distraction coming up too HAHA! :P

ooooh...and you know that new colgate ONE toothpaste...the one that says whiter teeth in one week......IT DOES WORK! i'm only on day 3 but i see a difference already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 NimmyZ

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Guys,

here's this weeks results.

I've removed some of the peeps who havent contributed for 4 or more weeks.
    If you find yourself removed, you can always re-join, just send me your weight and I'll add you again.

Regards

Excellent. Well done for the time and effort you put into this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Hi guys, just having a gander here and it's so great to get the bit of inspiration and motivation!

Was at a 21st last night, only had 3 drinks and couldn't resist the gorgeous hot chicken curry they were serving as well as the usual suspects of party food so just had a small bowl of the curry. Very gratifying to be wearing a dress from 2 years ago and fitting me better now without spanx than it did then with the spanx!

I used to weigh in on a Thursday morning but due to work for the last couple of weeks and the next while it will be Thursday evenings I will be weighing in. My query is once I'm weighed should I start on a new daily propoint allowance then for my dinner or should I wait till the following morning and start then?

Last week I got WI, had my dinner and began my new week on friday morning. This week I've started my new week on the Thursday evening after WI. Am I just complicating life??

• Advertisement

Caros wrote: »
    Hi guys, just having a gander here and it's so great to get the bit of inspiration and motivation!

Was at a 21st last night, only had 3 drinks and couldn't resist the gorgeous hot chicken curry they were serving as well as the usual suspects of party food so just had a small bowl of the curry. Very gratifying to be wearing a dress from 2 years ago and fitting me better now without spanx than it did then with the spanx!

I used to weigh in on a Thursday morning but due to work for the last couple of weeks and the next while it will be Thursday evenings I will be weighing in. My query is once I'm weighed should I start on a new daily propoint allowance then for my dinner or should I wait till the following morning and start then?

Last week I got WI, had my dinner and began my new week on friday morning. This week I've started my new week on the Thursday evening after WI. Am I just complicating life??

I don't think one or two points are going to make much difference at the beginning of a week. If it were me, I'd start the new points on the Friday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

hello

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Just had two American style chocolate chip cookies from lidl. Don't have the packet off them though. Anyone any idea how many points in the two? Feel like I've just ruined all my good work by having them :-(

hmmm well i think i've had a pretty okay weekend :D

Here's to a good monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

I've had a good weekend food-wise. Quite proud of myself!

We were handing out flyers for Samaritans today in town in the sun, which was somewhat exhausting, but at least I was walking around for two hours! Went jogging this morning for 35 minutes and ended up walking 30 minutes later this afternoon. I made decent choices while out and about with friends and managed to have a whole weekend and week without alcohol! Although it is Race Week, so I can expect Friday will be a big one.

I want at least two pounds off this week and next week so I can hit my 5%! It's TOTM for me though, so it might not happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

really struggling today!!! I will have eaten all my dailys before i leave work as i couldnt get lettuce in any of the 3 shops i went to yesterday so i have a bagel instead of a salad for lunch but i havent touched my weeklys yet and im gonna use 14 of them for my dinner im promising myself i wont put on weight this week its my sisters wedding next monday and im promising myself that im not weighing anymore for it than i do right now!!!!
    Hoping everyone else is doing a bit better than me

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Well I had a good weekend food wise, point wise not so much- I don't know how many points I spent on nights out- 3 mad nights!! All I know is I am gone over my weeklies and my dailies! Going to go to the gym later on to try and sweat it outta me!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Perrin2040

Hi just curious if maybe anyone could help me, I have tried to use the search function in both threads to find some info on some foods that I eat out (friends/family/cinema etc) and that I wouldn't be able to easily check. I got a lot of answers but still have a couple I'm curious about.

I know these arent going to be healthy, if I have them they are definitly going to be treats, but I was just wondering if anybody had points values for any of the following:

Curry sauce from a chinese take-away (Iv read between 2 and 3.5, but dont want to underestimate it)
    Roast breast of chicken from a chinese take-away
    Boiled rice from a chinese take-away

Cinema pick and mix fizzy dummy or fizzy chips (per unit or per weight, whatever)
    Cinema popcorn (I have read like 9 for mid and 12 for lrg, seems a bit low tho)

Again, I dont expect this to be healthy, so much as a treat, but I would really appreciate it if I could get some help, don't want to be counting less points than Iv actually had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Ok, back from Paris. Had a really great time, Didn't point anything but it was a break so I am not going to beat myself up for being up tomorrow. However, today is a fresh start and I am going to put 110% in for the next month as I feel I have let my effort and motivation slide a bit the past few weeks. Gonna get tomorrow's weigh in out of the way and then onwards and downwards again. Got 7 WI's left until Italy holiday in September and really want to have a stone gone by then. It's time to focus :) Fingers and Toes crossed for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 len81

Hi,

I have been doing WW for 6mths and have always checked in here for a bit of support and ideas. I didnt have a lot to lose but I really struggled. I stalled on the same weight for around 2 months (up 0.5lb one wk, down 1lb next wk, up 2lbs etc etc). Basically my weight hovered around the same mark for 2 months and i got seriously fed up and I contemplated giving up. I confided in my leader and told her i was thinking of giving up. she said I had slipped into maintenance mode, but ive started maintenance too early. i admitted that i had gotten so fed up that i had stopped pointing some wks as i wasnt seeing any losses. so she gave me a little pep talk and off i went.

I pointed absolutely everthing for the next two wks and I made my goal. I was delighted and couldnt believe that if i really put my mind to it the weight come off - (i had convinced myself that my goal was maybe too light, even tho I had been that weight previously). I didnt drink for the two wks which i really think helped. I used all my daily points, and most of my weeklies. I increased my exercise - two zumba classes and 3-4 4km walks. And probably the best thing....i invested in a digital scales. I figured out that i was very generous in my cereal/pasta portions and was probably only pointing half the amount they were.

I just want to say keep it up. I know how hard it is and how disheartening it is when the weighing scales doesnt reflect the work you have put it....but try keep it up....YOU WILL GET THERE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

do people use their activity points?

I go cycling 2-3 times a week for over 1hr, so racking up about 9PP each time, but I dont use them.

What's peoples views on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Perrin2040 wrote: »

Cinema popcorn (I have read like 9 for mid and 12 for lrg, seems a bit low tho)

Small is 7pp, medium is 12 pp and large is 19pp.

I go cycling 2-3 times a week for over 1hr, so racking up about 9PP each time, but I dont use them.

I don't use them but I'd probably only rack up max 8 a week. My leader has always said exercise is extra and you should only use your activity points if really necessary. But you need to make sure that you are eating enough to sustain yourself during exercise.

I've had a very bad weekend but I did a midnight shop in tesco last night so I would be prepared to start afresh this morning. I have 5 weeks to my graduation and 6 weeks til I start back college so I am determined to lose as much as possible before then. I'm currently 11.13 so I would like to get as near to 11 st as possible.

I got 2 Lipsy dresses online that came this morning. They are a size 12 and are slightly too small. I am gutted but they are my motivation to fit into them :)

Good luck to everyone with WIs this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Perrin2040

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Small is 7pp, medium is 12 pp and large is 19pp.

Many thanks, thats something useful to know alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

Horrible weekend for soooo many reasons and I think i just used that as my excuse to completely go off the rails. I did however make it to the gym twice and again this morning.
    In my head i'm thinking the gym might have ease the brunt of the damage but think i'm kidding myself.

Back on the wagon today and feeling very sluggish cos of my derailing.
    Think i might end up missing my WI this week with one thing of another so fingers crossed i stay on track!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

I rack up about 20 to 25 activity points walking a week now but unless there are extenuating circumstances like birthday parties, eating out etc I don't use them and even then I prefer to keep my weeklies for these events. I absolutely use each and every one of my weeklies every week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Hi all,
    First, I just wanna say what a good motivation this thread is. Seeing how well everyone's doing really does make me pull up my socks and stick to my points!

I have a quick question, can anyone suggest some filling and healthy snacks? I have real trouble eating all my points in the day and find myself snacking on rubbish to fill them? I know this isn't healthy so I'm just looking for some alternatives to crisps/chocolate/biscuits?

....i'll have no control over eating!

Yes you will!!! As my leader said once, no one stands over you and force feeds food down your throat!! Have some fruit handy at all times. If you only have high fat options, then order small and don't finish the plate. And bulk up on fruit. Say to your friend that you're keeping an eye on your weight and your friend will understand (although some of my friends are feeders - you know the type)

Does anyone know how your starting weight works if you miss a few meetings and have to pay the rejoining fee? I'm trying to get back on track and I'm working out my mini goals. I missed a few weeks and I've been back 3 weeks. Does my starting weight stay at what it was when I first started or does it change to what I weighed in at when I came back?

Sorry if that sounds a bit winded. I'm just trying to work out when I get my next stone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I never use mine intentionally, but I'm sure i did this weekend during my 3 nights out! Had never used them before, always just use my weeklies!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement