Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

YAY!!! Down 2.5lbs at WI last night. absolutley thrilled with it esp after sts last week, as disappointed as i was this, more than makes up for it.
    This also means i've reached 7lbs loss or as i'm continuing to say over and over again - half a stone! Seems so much better to say that! lol

Back on the wagon again today and slightly worried about an injury i've picked up, which stopped my early morning session. Hoping it goes away soon, as i'm kinda getting into the hang of things.

Anyone that was disappointed this week after putting the work in - hang in there and you'll see the results!!! I know now it works! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

the chicken last night was devine! OMG! Nicest chicken dinner I've had in a long time! and so easy to make...perfect for dinner party...low in points...and will impress!

Okay.....mmmm your all prob going to kill me for this...about the bran muffins :p

I forgot when i posted about 2 days go....

I also reduced the bran wheat from 60g to 30g...

So if you follow the original recipe to the T they are 4pp each

if you change the sugar to 40g and the bran wheat to 30g they will work out at 3pp each.

I'm just all over the place at the moment!
    I'm totally scattered cos i'm coming off the depo injections...and so i have THREE YEARS worth of bloating and PMS about to kick in. I just hope i dont get the cramps and back pains...thats why i went on depo...cos i used to be in AGONY at TOM! I mean tears hunched over in pain go home early from school and college PAIN!

And my doctor doesnt freaking do implanon...he's the one who told me to come off the depo!

Plus my exam results are due out start of july! Failed my theory....so gotta resit that....another 40 euro!

Apologies for any trouble my muffin screw ups have caused! I hate giving ye guys wrong info! I feel responsible then if it goes wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

Down 0.5lb so reached my silver 7! Happy with that as was away the weekend and ate out also ate out mon night with no exercise. Make up for it nxt week

• Registered Users Posts: 24 BabyBlueJeans

H Lady Lainy, I've just finished the tortilla quiche that you posted the recipe for..it was delicious and so easy! I made it with a Tesco Light Choices wrap (3pp) and 3eggs ( as well as the tomatoes, scallions, small bit of smoked ham and some chilli flakes!). The plan was to have half now and half later......it was so nice I finished the whole lot! That was lunch + breakfast so it was worth the PP. It will keep me going for ages! Thanks for the recipes...keep them coming!! I havent tried the Bran muffins because they sound too nice - I'd be afraid I use too many points munching on them!

Hope things settle down for you, you have a lot going on at the moment!

glad the quiche turned out sell for ya! i was blown away at how good it was!

The Rosemary Conley magazine is great for recipes! better than any cookbooK!
    just have to point them out selves...but isnt that the same with any recipe really :)

If its dry tomorrow hopefully i can get into the city and get my camera fixed! I could do with gettng out of the house! Think Cabin Fever is kicking in!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 princess ash

H Lady Lainy, I've just finished the tortilla quiche that you posted the recipe for..it was delicious and so easy! I made it with a Tesco Light Choices wrap (3pp) and 3eggs ( as well as the tomatoes, scallions, small bit of smoked ham and some chilli flakes!). The plan was to have half now and half later......it was so nice I finished the whole lot! That was lunch + breakfast so it was worth the PP. It will keep me going for ages! Thanks for the recipes...keep them coming!! I havent tried the Bran muffins because they sound too nice - I'd be afraid I use too many points munching on them!

Hi BabyBlueJeans just to leave you know i think those Tesco Light choices wraps are 5pp each i taught they were 3pp each two but when i made it out with the calulator they came up as 5pp but hope im wrong haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

ya there 5pp but prob still have the old points on them

tantipie wrote: »
    ya there 5pp but prob still have the old points on them

yeah there 5pp (3 old points)

muffins in the oven :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Have to get onto those muffins, bought the Good Food mag and am calculating their points and then going to modify all recipes to make the ww friendly...will post in a week or so with any success stories!

Attached below.....before and after baking pics of muffins....

in general they dont rise a much...but they do spread out....they are really dense and filling.....none of E colours and additives in store brought ones...including the ww ones.

All of these are 3pp each :)

1/2 of them are blueberry (125g fresh blueberries)
    1/2 of them are raspberry (125g fresh raspberries)

you can prob tell from the state of my muffin tray i use it ALOT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Attached below.....before and after baking pics of muffins....

in general they dont rise a much...but they do spread out....they are really dense and filling.....none of E colours and additives in store brought ones...including the ww ones.

All of these are 3pp each :)

1/2 of them are blueberry (125g fresh blueberries)
    1/2 of them are raspberry (125g fresh raspberries)

you can prob tell from the state of my muffin tray i use it ALOT
    looks good,i'll have to try them too:P

Hi BabyBlueJeans just to leave you know i think those Tesco Light choices wraps are 5pp each i taught they were 3pp each two but when i made it out with the calulator they came up as 5pp but hope im wrong haha :D

Thanks for that, the packet has the old points on it! How long have they been packaged for??!! The new system has been around 6 months!! I have been having a chicken or tuna wrap most days thinking they were 3points and lower than 2slices of bread!! Ah well, its back to the WW wraps now!

(The tortilla quiche was still worth the extra points!! I'll just have to share it with someone the next time!)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭anamaria

Hi everyone,

I am brand new to this so have been reading this thread with interest. Am in a bit of a dilemma. I am 25 and never had a problem with my weight before, if anything I was probably under weight at different points in my life. I alway ate healthily and had plenty of exercise. However I recently have been diagnosed with endometriosis and bipolar disorder type two. I started on different hormonal medication and mood regulating medication also. Within 4 months I had put on a stone and a half, which for someone my size (only 5ft 3) is quite a lot. I am a dancer also and I have noticed my reluctance to do performances due to how I am feeling about my body (the costumes don't leave you much room to hide!!)

I got the propoints home pack this week and am going to start with that as I cannot make meetings due to work schedule. I am wondering though is there much point. I don't know whether it will make any difference if the weight gain is due to medication. Has anyone else been in this situation?

feck im exhausted! been cooking all day....so havent been snacking....how ironic...

made 24 muffins 4 batches of 6

6 blueberry
    6 raspberry
    12 banana

Pasta bake made, divided up and frozen....

now for lunch! totally forgot to take anything out....so just throwing some aldi yellow fin on with a bit of cous cous for 10pp :)

sun is shining...so after treadmill later will take the dogs for a walk in my new walking boots! wooo hoooo no more soggy wet socks!

anamaria wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I am brand new to this so have been reading this thread with interest. Am in a bit of a dilemma. I am 25 and never had a problem with my weight before, if anything I was probably under weight at different points in my life. I alway ate healthily and had plenty of exercise. However I recently have been diagnosed with endometriosis and bipolar disorder type two. I started on different hormonal medication and mood regulating medication also. Within 4 months I had put on a stone and a half, which for someone my size (only 5ft 3) is quite a lot. I am a dancer also and I have noticed my reluctance to do performances due to how I am feeling about my body (the costumes don't leave you much room to hide!!)

I got the propoints home pack this week and am going to start with that as I cannot make meetings due to work schedule. I am wondering though is there much point. I don't know whether it will make any difference if the weight gain is due to medication. Has anyone else been in this situation?

well just give it a try. and you could also pop along to one meeting if you ever get the time, and just have a sit down with a leader and ask her. Even if you just catch her coming out the door. 2 min chat...

and maybe talk to someone about how your "feeling". weight can have a dramatic effect on our state of mind, let alone the other issues your dealing with...its going to take a tole on you.

Read up on your actual meds...google is my best friend. I'm sure there other other people on them so there will prob be a health forum somewhere on line about them...gage other peoples reactions to them. Talk to your GP about known side effects.

Does anyone have an idea how many pro points might be in a 130g sirloin burger? I cooked it on the George Foreman and no excess fat came off it. Not sure how to point it. I put it in a small round pitta which is lower in points than a burger bun. Every little helps!! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

anamaria wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Hi anamaria, sounds like you are going through a lot. I agree with lainy, i would talk to your GP about the medication. You need to know what you are dealing with. As for ww, well at the end of the day if you follow a healthy diet and exercise its bound to make you feel better so it can only do you good really. Talk to your doc though. Best of luck girl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

WI this a.m. and was up 1 and 1/2 pounds, no surprise there after my weekend away and no actual pointing/tracking from Friday thru Monday, and also TOTM not that that could be held responsible for the gain!
    Anyways new week and new quota of points so going to be extra good this week and will redress the gain hopefully!

So i said to hell with the WI on saturday...not waiting till then to start fresh!

I've had a good day today :) Very Happy! Start of a good streak (again) haha!

Lots of baking,
    Lots of cooking,
    Lots of walking (treadmill + walked the dogs)

When I'm good I'm very good!

Have my cousins 3 year old party in two weeks time! I've volunteered to so the treat foods...my way of helping! Now that i'm into the salads :P i'll stuff my face with salad and slice of Spanish omelette (and bring salad dressing in my bag haha)

Just going to do rice crispie treats for the kids and chocolate strawberries for the adults! :) Not planning on eating them! Well thats the plan...they're just the easiest, cheapest thing to make :)

I'll call the chocolate strawberries 2pp each :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Was shopping for near 3 hours after work (trying to find a casual dress for staff BBQ tomorrow) and could not find anything :( Some things fit, some didnt, not really complaining about that, complaining about the sheer load of CR*P in the shops, like what is going on! They are all real flouncy, flimsy material yokes (dresses) that would only look good on a rake and dont give you any shape or extenuate your curves... was soooo annoyed.

But not all is bad, I came home and rummaged through a suitcase which had a few dresses that hadn't fit in a couple of years and tried the first one on and............ LOVED IT ON ME!!! It fit so nicely and really showed off the figure I am starting to get and dare I say it, was a little bit LOOSE!!! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

dont forget to send me your weights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Any advice from anyone who has been on difene for an injury. Has your stomach felt upset/bloated just blah. I have a neck injury, and I've been on difene for about 10 days. I'm eating my pp everyday, not a morsal more and still drinking my 3L of water but i feel so crappy, granted I haven't been out for a walk but I feel I just terrible.

Anyone else experienced this??

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Hey great news on the clothes Monife :)

So I'm in Belfast & I'm doing pretty good food wise we went to avoca for lunch I had some grilled chicken, salad & cous cous peppermint tea & resisted the temptation of the cakes & chocolate goodness!

We went for sushi for dinner & all within points :) so us girls dumped the boys for a few hrs & hit the shops sale mania & I went slightly nuts I've not bought any clothes in 6 months & today I bought 2 dresses 4 skirts, 6 vests a cardigan 3 pairs of shoes & 2 handbags!!! LMAO the best bit all are size medium or a comfy 14 for the dresses/ skirts no pucking or pulling & all the tops are 12's yay! :)

Having a chilled night at the hotel we're all wrecked & we've slot of gigs the nxt few days so going to go down to the bar for a glass of red - it can come out of the 30 weeklies I have left! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Any advice from anyone who has been on difene for an injury. Has your stomach felt upset/bloated just blah. I have a neck injury, and I've been on difene for about 10 days. I'm eating my pp everyday, not a morsal more and still drinking my 3L of water but i feel so crappy, granted I haven't been out for a walk but I feel I just terrible.

Yes! They make you retain water & can upset your stomach lining causing you to feel yucky & bloated, the scales might show you have a gain but it'll be down to fluid retention & will come off when you finish the course. Hop you feel better soon colliewobbles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Colliewobbles, drink milk (I know it's high in pps but it should help)

Ok...so I need to make a dessert, I'm the only ww person eating it so it needs to taste moreish...what do ye suggest? Something in individual pots I'm thinking and have a separate one for me...my OH knows and supports me but the other four couples coming to our party do not know...

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Was on difine a couple of weeks ago for an injury it nearly killed my stomach and I had to come off it....the Voltraol elmugel is the same effect on swelling and pain with out the nasty side effecs thats what my doctor and dentist told me to go on (sprained jaw with an infection known as TMJ)it worked really well but is only anygood if you can put the gel on the spot were the pain is....they also gave me a different tablet to sort out my tummy...hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Thanks for the info and advice guys, just needed to know that it's just not me. Will try the milk for a day or two, but if I still feel like this Sat i'm not taking them anymore.

Aspie mum - a sprained jaw ?? That must have been so painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

jackmax wrote: »
    thanks for that :) will definitely try it out :) is it the full pack of qourn you use?

Yep full packet!!
    LinK3 wrote: »
    Thanks Lizt, I made this on Tuesday evening for my family, using the 500g bag of quorn and I loved it.. The kids ate it but thought I'd done a different sauce, I always make my own sauces anyway.. My husband who used to be a butcher said he'd never have known it wasn't mince! We got 5 portions and I've one left in the fridge for myself tonight.. I also made the ceasar salad she gave us the recipe for, and it was divine;)

Have to try out the salad recipe, it sounds yummy! I really couldn't believe the taste of it, I would not have known it wasn't meat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Ok...so I need to make a dessert, I'm the only ww person eating it so it needs to taste moreish...what do ye suggest? Something in individual pots I'm thinking and have a separate one for me...my OH knows and supports me but the other four couples coming to our party do not know...

Any ideas?

We aren't allowed to discuss desserts in the N&D forum - check out the WW cakes & bakes thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056272515

Start of my new week today, feels weird because I didn't WI last night. First Thursday night at home in months, was wandering around the house like a spare part :o Anyone know where I can find a printable tracker on the web? I have the tracker on my phone but I like to be able to write out my meals a few days in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hi all,

Back to WW after 10 weeks away and I've gained ONE pound, whoop!

I've been doing so much exercise that the Leader reckons that might not even be a gain, might just be muscle, but sure I'll see how I get on this week.

Happy weekend everyone!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement