Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

cosmic wrote: »
    Well I was at Body and Soul over the weekend and I'm hoping for a STS tomorrow. I made good enough food choices - given what was available. I drank so so much though so used a few weeks worth of weeklies! I'm hoping hours of dancing and endless walking around in mud will earn me several activity points though! Even if I'm up though, I don't care - I had a great weekend, and can lose back whatever I've gained :)

Good luck to everyone with their WIs this week!

Did you have a good time! I ate and drank so much- had to try the food from every stall - hah! But with the constant walking and 4 trips in and out to the car with heavy stuff I'm hoping the damage was limited!

I had the lightly dusted cod from Aldi for dinner last night and it was sooo tasty - would highly recommend it! I think someone said on here recently it is 4pp per piece of cod?

Also, has anyone been watching Gok cooking chinese food? Looks soooo tasty and healthy - gotta try some of the recipes!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

dammitj wrote: »
    Did you have a good time! I ate and drank so much- had to try the food from every stall - hah! But with the constant walking and 4 trips in and out to the car with heavy stuff I'm hoping the damage was limited!

I had the lightly dusted cod from Aldi for dinner last night and it was sooo tasty - would highly recommend it! I think someone said on here recently it is 4pp per piece of cod?

Also, has anyone been watching Gok cooking chinese food? Looks soooo tasty and healthy - gotta try some of the recipes!
    :)

I got goks book recently, everything looks so yum, and ya lots of it looks super healthy and I'd say fairly pointable and ww friendly!! Iv yet to actually try out some of the recipies but there's def a few stirfries I'll b tryin out fairly soon!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

With all the talk, I just ordered the 30 Day Shred. I actually ordered her whole collection for £18 on amazon. Has anyone done any of her other DVDs?

I also ordered a mat and 3kg dumbells. Hopefully they wont be too hard but I suppose better to be too heavy than too easy!

£50 spent on amazon and I also paid my gym membership last night... Losing weight is expensive!

Although what I enjoy the most is going for a long 10k walk but I really want to tone up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Has anyone tried the low fat puff pastry? I've seen it in tesco a couple of times, there is a tesco brand one and a jusroll brand one. Anyone know the propoints for it compared to full fat puff pastry. Wanna make a beef wellington for my OH for his birthday and would be great to be able to make a WW friendly one!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Question for everyone I have been on WW 4 weeks now, and pretty much stayed away from Weeklys and Activity Points, as I have quite a high Daily Allowance. Is this ok to do ?

My Daily Allowance is 54.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Down 2lb at this mornings weigh in. Delighted with myself, 2.5 to go to my 7th silver seven, and obviously enough, 3.5 to go to my 50lb cert. my seventh silver seven will also mark a loss of 20% of my body weight.... it seems like such a huge amount... it IS such a huge amount. Hopefully it won't take me too long... things have really slowed down lately. I fully understand that this is as a result of me taking my foot off the pedal to some degree, and not that ww has stopped doing it's thing for me.

today is the first week in a loooong time that I'm on track to use all my dailies on weigh in day, but no weeklies. Usually I'd go to town on my weeklies, and then be cross with myself by the weekend. This week though, I'm planning on having a couple of drinks at the weekend- this is a seriously big deal... I haven't had a drink since pre-pregnancy days... Between pregnancy, and breastfeeding, and an actual honest to god fear of how I might get ridiculously drunk on one drink and make a show of myself, not to mention choosing to use my precious pp on food instead of drink, I've steered clear of alcohol. So on sat night, I'm easing myself back into the game... maybe with a couple of west coast coolers- sure noone could get drunk on that stuff!!! Think I might have an eddie rockets before hand for soakage... all propointed and accounted for of course!!!

Well done on all the losses so far. good luck to those who still have to face the scales! I'm off to buy some fruit and veg!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Has anyone tried the low fat puff pastry? I've seen it in tesco a couple of times, there is a tesco brand one and a jusroll brand one. Anyone know the propoints for it compared to full fat puff pastry. Wanna make a beef wellington for my OH for his birthday and would be great to be able to make a WW friendly one!

Tiny Penguin, the tesco website is brill for checking NV before going shopping. Just had a quick look for you there and the Tesco light puff pastry is 7pp per 75g of uncooked pastry, while the full-fat Tesco one is 8pp per 75g uncooked. Not much of a difference!

The Jus Roll full-fat puff pastry is 5pp per 50g uncooked, can't find the low fat one online.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

so funny that everyones talking about 30 day shred....i started it 2 days ago!! good gosh, jillian really kicks your butt!!

i don't know if its this hot humid weather or not...but I am feeling soooo drained today..like zero energy. anyone got any tips for getting energy levels up? cos i am so close to reaching for a chocolate bar for a quick energy buzz!!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

lila44 wrote: »
    so funny that everyones talking about 30 day shred....i started it 2 days ago!! good gosh, jillian really kicks your butt!!

i don't know if its this hot humid weather or not...but I am feeling soooo drained today..like zero energy. anyone got any tips for getting energy levels up? cos i am so close to reaching for a chocolate bar for a quick energy buzz!!

It's defo the weather, could barely keep my eyes open in work. I had a can of diet coke in the afternoon for a bit of a lift.....there's not even any air outside so no escaping the heat. Dunno how I'm gonna hit the gym later :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Danii86 wrote: »
    I find the toughest the side lunges with the arm lifts....really struggle with those, think the rest are fine with the 1.5kg weights.

I struggled with this bit as well and could never complete it fully. What I've done now is I only use one weight rather than 2. Jillian does say you can modify things as long as you keep moving.
    Taz1 wrote: »
    Thinking of gettin the 30 day shred to help tone up a bit, would ye recommend it for that..? Does it have maneable exercises coz I've seen so many with impossible exercises! And do you need lots of space to do it..? My sitting room is quite small!

I love it and have seen the inches fall off. I do it in my bedroom which is tiny. Level 2 you need a little bit more space but is still manageable in a small area. Like I said before, starting out modify the moves if you want. As you get used to it you'll be well able for it.
    Boop22 wrote: »
    Another quick question about 30 day shred.....am I right in thinking that there are 3 levels?? (I got the dvd but I haven't got the case off it). How long do you stay on level 1 for before moving on to the next??:confused:

It's generally 10 days but they can be spread out. I read an interview by Jillian where she said that you should do 2 days, then a cardio day and then a rest day. Alternate it like that.
    siobhanoh wrote: »
    With all the talk, I just ordered the 30 Day Shred. I actually ordered her whole collection for £18 on amazon. Has anyone done any of her other DVDs?

Losing weight is expensive!

I got her killer buns & thighs and ripped in 30 boxset last week. Still haven't used them yet as I only have time to do 30 days atm. I plan on trying them next week as I'll have more time to focus on weight loss and exercise then. I did watch the killer buns one and I'm now terrified :D

I agree with you losing weight is definitely not cheap. As is eating healthy. I shop for one so it's a pain for buying veg etc. I feel like I'm constantly in and out of the shop. The rewards are well worth it though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Monife wrote: »
    Well done on your loss :)

You shouldn't eat only 26PP if Weight Watchers have allocated you 50PP. While you will lose weight to begin with, you will plateau much sooner than if you had otherwise stuck to the plan given and it will make it harder for you to lose weight for a long period of time and to stick to plan as your points go down.
    yes monife i know that :),i only did it for one week to kick start the weight loss. 26 points was ok for one week. i have to lose lots, had a realy bad year last year. had breast cancer being through chemo, two operations, and last but not least radiotheraphy, doing weight watchers now to get mary back to her rightfull self;)told my leader about it and she said be carefull cos it might set me of it cos of so little to eat at my weight..at 50points daily is to much for me cos i just cant eat them all. i know i can do it cos id lost 6stone before....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

I did it! 2lbs down which got me my 5th silver seven. 35 and a half pounds in total. I couldn't be happier :-)

Thats brill Tiny - Congrats:)

Hi All

Congrats on all the great losses.

I had 1lb of 2nite - getting that little bit closer to the 11's!!
    current weight 12 stone 0.5lbs, so fingers crossed next week ill be in the 11's!
    2.5lb to go to reach my 9th Silver Seven!!

So I think I have figured out how to make a beef wellington for 14pp - let me know if this sounds right.

75g tesco light puff pastry -6pp
    150g fillet steak - 6pp
    1tsp mustard
    musrooms and shallots sauteed with 100ml of white wine and 1tbsp WW cream 4pp (makes enough for 2 so 2pp per portion)
    egg white wash

So going to serve it with roast BNS, asparagus and spinach for a treat dinner for my OH that I can make WW friendly for me :D

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I agree with you losing weight is definitely not cheap. As is eating healthy. I shop for one so it's a pain for buying veg etc. I feel like I'm constantly in and out of the shop. The rewards are well worth it though :D

Yeah you are right, I am buying for just myself too. Popping to the shop nearly every day to pick up something or other. Never mind the price of buying new clothes when everything is too big for you! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 tough_cookie

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Well I made homemade chicken korma tonight, it was delicious if you like indian food you'll like it!

I roasted the chicken for 25mins, in a large pot I fried 2onions, 1/2 green pepper and 2 garlic gloves in spray oil. Then added 1tsp of garam masala mixed for 1 minute. Then added 4 tblsp of passata and 150ml of chicken stock and 1 tsp curry paste.

Let simmer then when my rice was boiled i took the curry off the heat and mixed in 3 tblsp of fromage frais! (do this when its off the heat or it can curdle)

It was seriously delicious and all for 12 pro points!! :D

11mcitx.jpg

This looks yummy!! How much chicken and rice did you use for it to be 12 pro points? How many people does it serve?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

dammitj wrote: »

I had an awesome time! So much messy fun :)

All the walking and dancing did some good too - I was down 2 lbs at WI last night! Only 1 lb to go until my 8th silver 7 and my 4th stone. Next week, hopefully... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Oh well done that's great!

I'm hoping for a STS tomorrow morning!!

I went to an advanced yoga class last night and gym next 2 nights so hoping it will undo some of the Body and Soul damage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

This looks yummy!! How much chicken and rice did you use for it to be 12 pro points? How many people does it serve?

Thank you

I weighed 165g chicken x 2= 8ppts
    Boil in the bag rice x 2= 12 ppts
    Garam masala = 1ppt
    Curry paste = 1ppt
    Fromaige frais = 1 ppt
    Chicken stock = 1ppt

So was 24 ppts total that was for 2.

Oh lads, I'm being really good....except....might hav had a lil splurge on the ole rocky road :( I'm finishin up in this unit 2morrow and my head is going ah sur just have it, your leaving tomorrow so u won't be having any more, had about 10pp worth yesterday and about 5 jus there on top of my super healthy and ridonculously filling lunch of bulgar wheat and roasteed veg, left over from last nights dinner. Like I was so full, I didn't even need the chocolate, yet I cudnt resist.... goddamit!!! My only saving grace is that it was the last piece in the house so def won't b having any tomorrow because there won't be a fresh batch made by then, thank god!!! Soo annoyed with myself, had 2 use 8 weeklies last night because of it, for no need really!!! Grrrr, rant over, no more choc 4 me!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

just bee in dunnes... looking for LF bread for my lunch...came accross Irwins Rankin Selection Stoneground Wheaten brown bread... 2 slices only 4pp and its lovely and thick and very filling :) had it with salmon and extra light philly and it was delish and very filling

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Was down a very surprising 2.5lbs this week. Im only 2lbs away from being in the 10 bracket, haven't been there in a really long time. I know alot of people will scream at me when i say this but i dont know is it that i am just in the right head space or what but im finding losing the weight this time quiet enjoyable and a surpised how well im doing. I have lost 30.5lbs since March. Getting good results on the scales or non scale results just make you feel great and it def gives me energy. Congrats to everyone on your losses. :D

Was down a very surprising 2.5lbs this week. Im only 2lbs away from being in the 10 bracket, haven't been there in a really long time. I know alot of people will scream at me when i say this but i dont know is it that i am just in the right head space or what but im finding losing the weight this time quiet enjoyable and a surpised how well im doing. I have lost 30.5lbs since March. Getting good results on the scales or non scale results just make you feel great and it def gives me energy. Congrats to everyone on your losses. :D

I feel the same - I've lost 35.5 since jan and its the first time a diet isnt a chore at all. I mean dont get me wrong it takes a lot of hard work and determination - but when its so rewarding that it makes it enjoyable!

Elliex wrote: »
    just bee in dunnes... looking for LF bread for my lunch...came accross Irwins Rankin Selection Stoneground Wheaten brown bread... 2 slices only 4pp and its lovely and thick and very filling :) had it with salmon and extra light philly and it was delish and very filling

If you like slicepan get the Dunnes Better For You bread - 1 slice is 1 pro point and 2 slices are only 2 pro points:) its been a saving grace for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

How many points would be in your average rice crispy bun, anyone know?!

Well a 30g bowl of rice krispies is 3pp....so wud dr b 20g of rice krispies? 10g seems like a very small ammount!! And there's actually usually suprisingly lil choc on them cause when u make them u neva think thers going to be enough choc till the end so I would go so far as 2 say only 1pp 4 the choc, so there may be only 3pp in a rice krispie bun??

Did week2day2 of c25k 2day, fitness wise I'm finding it ok, bu my calves and shins are suffering!!! Trying to cut back on my evening snacking, I didn't have anything with my cuppa in my friends after our run. I don't even feel hungry really, most of the time its just out of habit or bordem so tryin to keep myself occupied in the evenings, workin so far this week, barely have time 2 sit down and relax before bed!!!lol

Made my beef wellington - worked out at 15pp as 75g of pastry didnt quite do it so used 85g instead. But it was AMAZING. And with 0pp sides def doable WW dinner, so much pastry you do not need potato with it and it didnt taste low fat at all. Will post the recipe on my blog over the weekend but for now here is what it looked like;

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fennitty

Hi all
    I found these videos on youtube for Gillian Michaels 30 Day Shred
    Level 1 - http://youtu.be/1Pc-NizMgg8
    Level 2 - http://youtu.be/QKdJ9jJv594
    Level 3 - http://youtu.be/QMN4g3D4ODE

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Can't seem to stop eating!! Fell well off the wagon, has anyone any tips on how to start again??

• Advertisement

Can't seem to stop eating!! Fell well off the wagon, has anyone any tips on how to start again??

Go to a meeting, great motivation if you haven't gone to one in ages!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement