Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Had the mother and father of all bad weeks this week. This is the first time I have actually felt like not going to my WI at lunch time.

I am going to be up at least 3lbs... Although I probably deserve more!

Will report back in about an hour... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Up 1 pound! I'm actually happy with that... Afraid the pizza I had last night (:eek:) might not have hit yet so I will have to be extra good to make up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Thanks for all the nice comments :) In the before pic, in the full version I am standing next to my cousins who are both a size 6/8 and I look more than 2 times bigger than them. This was one of the pics that really spurred me on to do something about it (tried on my own but only realised 5 months later I needed WW). It will always be the picture I look at to keep me on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 purdy nolan

hi i just wanted to know if you go under your goal weight do you have to start paying again. i got to goal a few months ago but in the last few weeks i have gone under my goal. i always thought my leader said it was 5 lbs either way. she was on holidays last week and i was told no only if you go over 5lbs that you have to pay...thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

I'm gold and I went 5 under my goal and my leader allowed me change my goal.

Back on the wagon after 2 sun holidays in 1 month!! Drank to much and ate to much in both!! Up 7lb!! Vommit!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Rite question guys....I used 2 WI @home 1st thing in the mrn so this was neva an issue and it only poppep up in my head a lil while ago....so I'll WI this eve, half way thro the day, I stil hav my dalies 4 the day some weeklies, do I reset straight afta WI or do I stil hav my dalies and weeklies from this week to use 2night and reset 2mor morn?? its the weeklies that hav thrown me most, I neva thought of this senario before now

Danii86 wrote: »
    Rite question guys....I used 2 WI @home 1st thing in the mrn so this was neva an issue and it only poppep up in my head a lil while ago....so I'll WI this eve, half way thro the day, I stil hav my dalies 4 the day some weeklies, do I reset straight afta WI or do I stil hav my dalies and weeklies from this week to use 2night and reset 2mor morn?? its the weeklies that hav thrown me most, I neva thought of this senario before now

I WI every tuesday before I have my dinner - i reset my weeklies on a wednesday morning. I rarely have many weeklies left but if I do I would use them up on a treat dinner after WI. I find that way works best for me as its easier if I ever have to change WI day/time. 2 weeks ago I weighed in on a wednesday and I still reset my weeklies that morning before WI.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Elliejo

hi i just wanted to know if you go under your goal weight do you have to start paying again. i got to goal a few months ago but in the last few weeks i have gone under my goal. i always thought my leader said it was 5 lbs either way. she was on holidays last week and i was told no only if you go over 5lbs that you have to pay...thanks

I've gone 10lbs under goal (and must get back down to it :mad:, for my sake and not because I HAVE to ) and haven't had to pay. As far as I know, it's only if you go 5lbs over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

You would reset the weeklies right after your weigh in because when you weigh in, at that point in time you have used X amount (lets say 30) weeklies. But if you eat the remaining weeklies after WI and then consume your new 49, your following weigh in, you will have consumed 78 weeklies. Hope that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Elliejo wrote: »
    I've gone 10lbs under goal (and must get back down to it :mad:, for my sake and not because I HAVE to ) and haven't had to pay. As far as I know, it's only if you go 5lbs over.

I thought it was really hard to lose weight once ya reach your goal because of the way maintenance works? I reached goal last night but decided I wanted to lose another 3 or 4 pounds and when I asked my leader if I could lose those 3/4 pounds while at goal she said the most ya might lose is 1 or 2, so I decided to reset my goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Audi driver

I'm gold and I went 5 under my goal and my leader allowed me change my goal.

Back on the wagon after 2 sun holidays in 1 month!! Drank to much and ate to much in both!! Up 7lb!! Vommit!!!!!
    Just wondering about going over or under our goal weight, I think if you go under it and your bmi is less than 20 then they make u pay but if u go under and your bmi is still between 20-25 then u don't have to pay! Would love to know if this is correct as I'm 5 under my goal Atm!

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

wwhhooooooooo i am 8lbs down. so chuffed with myself..im having my dinner during the day before i pick up my boy at school, so when he is doing his homework i wont be weighing food and that. i do fill up on veggies, i put seasoning through them when drained of water ready to eat, something like stock cube and mix through them ,very yumm. if i have quorn i have gravey with it other wise it would be so dry looking..two t-spoon of gravey is one point..i am not able for the 50 points that im suposed to eat (just joined two weeks ago). was 26.4 now 25.12.so what i done to lose last week is i stook with 26 points. drank 2ltrs of water every day (made sure i knew where the toilets were if i went out). i did have naughty bits at weekend ,popcorn. the popcorn that you microwave at home is 8 and half points. but iwas so tasty ,i used the 49 for that , so i had some to play with, so no guilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

cats.life wrote: »
    wwhhooooooooo i am 8lbs down. so chuffed with myself..im having my dinner during the day before i pick up my boy at school, so when he is doing his homework i wont be weighing food and that. i do fill up on veggies, i put seasoning through them when drained of water ready to eat, something like stock cube and mix through them ,very yumm. if i have quorn i have gravey with it other wise it would be so dry looking..two t-spoon of gravey is one point..i am not able for the 50 points that im suposed to eat (just joined two weeks ago). was 26.4 now 25.12.so what i done to lose last week is i stook with 26 points. drank 2ltrs of water every day (made sure i knew where the toilets were if i went out). i did have naughty bits at weekend ,popcorn. the popcorn that you microwave at home is 8 and half points. but iwas so tasty ,i used the 49 for that , so i had some to play with, so no guilt.

Well done on your loss :)

You shouldn't eat only 26PP if Weight Watchers have allocated you 50PP. While you will lose weight to begin with, you will plateau much sooner than if you had otherwise stuck to the plan given and it will make it harder for you to lose weight for a long period of time and to stick to plan as your points go down.

Thanks 4 the advice on resettinf the weeklies monife and tiny, much appriciated!!

Was down only a half @WI, quite dissapointed, and so was my leader!! Hopefully it wil show next week tho because i was good and did track everything!! I wont let it get me down tho, i know if i keep @ it, it will show next week!! Im dissapointed bu not disheartened....a loss is still a loss!!!

I did it! 2lbs down which got me my 5th silver seven. 35 and a half pounds in total. I couldn't be happier :-)

I did it! 2lbs down which got me my 5th silver seven. 35 and a half pounds in total. I couldn't be happier :-)

Well done Tiny Penguin!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

WI tonight and only down .5 :mad: it's coming to my TOTM this week but I did plenty of exercise, drank at least 2 litres of water per day....now I didn't track great but I deffo didn't go over weeklys...deffo gonna track everything I put in my mouth this week hoping or a big loss next week but very frustrating :(

Elliex wrote: »
    WI tonight and only down .5 :mad: it's coming to my TOTM this week but I did plenty of exercise, drank at least 2 litres of water per day....now I didn't track great but I deffo didn't go over weeklys...deffo gonna track everything I put in my mouth this week hoping or a big loss next week but very frustrating :(

Be hapy for any loss at all, trust me, later on in your journey it'll get harder and harder to get losses as you get closer to goal, believe me, any loss is great, good week or no good week!

Well done tiny!! Delighted 4 ya!!! Keep up the good work!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Oh ya i used 1.5kg weights it was all we had at home but i could really feel it in my arms evn with just 1.5kg!!!!!!

Hey I am gonna start 30 day shred tomorrow. Found some weights at home that are 1.5kg. I was messing around with them tonight and they seem pretty heavy to be doin the exercises on the dvd. Do u feel the same or am I just a weakling?? Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

Taz1 wrote: »
    Be hapy for any loss at all, trust me, later on in your journey it'll get harder and harder to get losses as you get closer to goal, believe me, any loss is great, good week or no good week!

Thanks I know ur right and I even knew comin out not to be disheartened because a loss is a loss regardless! I'm just so impatient and I knw that's wrong too but only 4 weeks in:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

At laaaast!! My 4th silver 7! Never thought I'd get it, it's taken about 8 months to earn it, what with all my stopping and starting...

I'm so happy!! :)

Elliex wrote: »

They all add up believe me. Be happy with every single loss you get and before you know it you'll be at goal!!! Half a pound a week is 2 stone in a year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

My feet and my fingers are looking particularly skinny lately. Should make shopping for socks and gloves that bit easier. Couldn't do that if I tried. Will continue on the struggle to find jeans that mask the size of my thighs though.
    Back to my usual class in the morning. Haven't seen the lovely (old) ladies in four weeks, as have weighed early every week. Oh how ive missed M's stories of constipation, and how she tried in vain to "go" before class, in the hope of weighing a bit lighter (I jest not), and K's Detailed food diary, and all the rest.
    No jokes, I'll be glad to catch up. My new friends! I actually met M on the street the other day, and she told me that R had put on a half stone on her holidays. Confidentiality how are you!
    They're great Craic though.

Boop22 wrote: »
    Oh ya i used 1.5kg weights it was all we had at home but i could really feel it in my arms evn with just 1.5kg!!!!!!

Hey I am gonna start 30 day shred tomorrow. Found some weights at home that are 1.5kg. I was messing around with them tonight and they seem pretty heavy to be doin the exercises on the dvd. Do u feel the same or am I just a weakling?? Lol

I can totally feel it in my shoulders even with 1.5kg!!!! Think id fail miserably with 2kg!! I find the toughest the side lunges with the arm lifts....really struggle with those, think the rest are fine with the 1.5kg weights.
    Didnt get a chance to do day 3yest, went 4 a 3mile walk with my friend, we did it in 45mins and according to my fitness pal we burned about 300kcal....wud i b right and saying about 6/7actvity points?? Man i can totaly feel it in my calves 3day tho!!!! Will do the dvd 2day after work, iv a goal to aim 4 possibly on the horizon, il let ye know when its definate, basically its gona be motivation central!!!

I can totally feel it in my shoulders even with 1.5kg!!!! Think id fail miserably with 2kg!! I find the toughest the side lunges with the arm lifts....really struggle with those, think the rest are fine with the 1.5kg weights.
    Didnt get a chance to do day 3yest, went 4 a 3mile walk with my friend, we did it in 45mins and according to my fitness pal we burned about 300kcal....wud i b right and saying about 6/7actvity points?? Man i can totaly feel it in my calves 3day tho!!!! Will do the dvd 2day after work, iv a goal to aim 4 possibly on the horizon, il let ye know when its definate, basically its gona be motivation central!!!

Thinking of gettin the 30 day shred to help tone up a bit, would ye recommend it for that..? Does it have maneable exercises coz I've seen so many with impossible exercises! And do you need lots of space to do it..? My sitting room is quite small!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Another quick question about 30 day shred.....am I right in thinking that there are 3 levels?? (I got the dvd but I haven't got the case off it). How long do you stay on level 1 for before moving on to the next??:confused:

Boop22 wrote: »

Another quick question about 30 day shred.....am I right in thinking that there are 3 levels?? (I got the dvd but I haven't got the case off it). How long do you stay on level 1 for before moving on to the next??:confused:

You move on to level 2 when you feel ready, according to the lovely jillian. So basically when you get fit enough that level one isn't taking quite so much out of you, and feels a bit easier. I started level 2 last week, because I was finding I wasn't too red faced post level 1, i found it doable, but hard work! Only managed it once last week though. Weather got quite nice, so lots of walks instead!

Taz1 wrote: »

Thinking of gettin the 30 day shred to help tone up a bit, would ye recommend it for that..? Does it have maneable exercises coz I've seen so many with impossible exercises! And do you need lots of space to do it..? My sitting room is quite small!
    It's hard work, but manageable taz! Doesn't take much more than a space the size of an exercise mat, and room for jumping jacks. That said, i haven't seen level 3, but I wouldn't imagine that will be any different space wise. As regards toning, I think it would be great, if youre a bit more diligent than me. I've been dipping in and out a lot. I need to make it my business to start doing it every day!

• Advertisement

Ya I'm finding level 1 tough but doable, I'm stil working up a fair sweat and that last cardio circuit really takes it outa me!!
    I think ideally your ment 2 do each level 4 10days....3levelsx10days each =30days, bu ya jillian does say move on when u feel comfortable. @the month I seem to be doin it everysecond day should really do it every day I suppose tho. It is very gud that its only 20mins, essentiaLly you could just slot it in somewhere!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement