Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I've had my first ever bad week since joining WW in March. I still managed to stay within my weeklies but for the first time I feel genuinely nervous getting on the scales tomorrow. I was at a BBQ on Friday and a kid's birthday on Saturday where there were loads of yummy things. Given how many nice things were available, I showed a lot of restraint and did not eat that much at all. As it's the first week where I've used so many weeklies on junk food, though, I am nervous. Whatever happens tomorrow, I'll just draw a line under it and move on, but I'll be annoyed with myself for letting things slide.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Had my WI a day late but still on track :)

Starting weight (male) : 17st 13.2lbs
    Height : 6ft 5

Last weight on 25/6/2012 : 16st 11.6lbs

Todays weight : 16st 9.6lbs

Total weight loss : 1st 3.6lbs or 17.6lbs ( I like this , it sounds more fulfilling!)

My diet began 5 weeks ago yday :)

So 2 pound weight loss. Just need to keep myself in check and pushing myself to resist temptations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

WI tonight and am my usual bundle of nerves. It never gets easier lol.

Made the biggest pot of veg curry last night - going to be eating it for ages. Had it for my lunch today and it was so yummy. Added some WW cream so it works out 1pp per serving (made about 8 servings tbh so prob not even 1pp) and used Tikka curry powder, went so nicely with a WW naan. Butternut squash in a veg curry makes it so filling. Oh and I finally got around to posting the Beef Wellington recipe if anyone is interested!

Best of luck with the WI's everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Have never been so happy to see a STS result on the scales as I was last night, was CONVINCED I'd be up at least 2 pounds this week after my worst ever 'losing the run of myself' weekend since I started WW! Pheeeeew. Now to be extra good for my final week before holidays, eep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Would anyone know how many points are in a fruit smoothie?

The contents are:

Frozen strawberries
    Frozen raspberries
    One banana
    Orange juice

It seems hard to believe that it could be 0 PP considering fruit is full of sugar and it's so good! Usually the tasty stuff is full of ProPoints :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Would anyone know how many points are in a fruit smoothie?

The contents are:

Frozen strawberries
    Frozen raspberries
    One banana
    Orange juice

It seems hard to believe that it could be 0 PP considering fruit is full of sugar and it's so good! Usually the tasty stuff is full of ProPoints :P

The only thing you need to point is the orange juice. It's 1 pp per 100 ml. Only whole fruit is 0pp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Well yet another good week! And a Sts. Lost 1/2lb over the last 3 weeks! But it's 5 over the last 4 weeks.
    I think I'm going to drop to 26 points per day this week to try a boost! Although going to florence and the machine and snow patrol Sunday! That's not gonna help! ;-/

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ashleec4

hi all.. im new to boards and new to weight watchers.. i just signed up to boards today as i googled something and was led to this thread!! have read a good few pages and found some great tips and ideas :) Thanks to everyone!! keep up the good work!! had my first weigh in in weight watchers last week and lost 5.5lbs :D was delighted.. a nice chunk towards my 2 and a half stone im required to loose.. but personally 3stone is my goal!! my question is do you have to use your weeklies or will this effect weight loss!!
    second weigh in tommorrow.. nervous even though i know i was good!!
    :)

STS this week. Very happy with that after my sat night. And have had lots of other treats in general this week, dinner out on Friday and the beef Wellington on thurs. so gonna have my go to veg curry for lunch every day to keep me on track for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Up 1/2 week...BUT....wn i lef the house in the afternoon i 4got i was going to my WI so was wearin jeans and my converse when normally i would wear my gym leggins and flipflops, so my leader said i should actualy put a minus figure in my head for this week of 1/ 1.5 for this week, very happy with that after my dodgey day sunday!!!

Had a lovely dinner 2night....mexican pork wraps!!! Pork mince (100g=5pp) cooked with LOADS of greated veg to bulk it out, tinned tomatoes, passata and lots of herbs n spices to giv it that mexican feel, i had it in 2 old el passo corn tortilla wraps(4pp each) with some lettuce and a squeeze of extra light mayo....delish!!!and super fillin!!!!

Off 2 dublin 4 the weekend 4 florence n snow patrol sunday, headin up sat, goin put sat nyt, stayin in a hotel both nights....its gona b a tough 1 WW wise!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Does anyone know if drinking hot water and lemon help in weightloss?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭s.a.man

Does anyone know if drinking hot water and lemon help in weightloss?

Water in general is good for weight loss, I am not sure about hot water with lemon, but I know that drinking hot water first thing in the morning is very good for cleansing the liver and kidneys and it removes the mucus built up in your body, plus it purify your blood!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I've been away the last week and haven't had time to even think about WW. It's gone very quiet on here. I hope it's because people are away rather than struggling :) I start back tomorrow after taking 2 months off. I've put on a stone :mad: I'm not going to dwell on it. I've done out my meal plan for the next week and I've done out some mini goals. Here's to a summer of hopefully finally reaching my goal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

I was down a pound. I was happy enough with that. I keep getting away with going way over my points at the weekend but I think that is because of exercise even though I have been counting exercise points too :confused:

I've decided not to count any exercise points for the 30 day shred and only count anything extra I do. Day 2 and it was tough this morning with all the muscle pain from yesterday! Can't even imagine doing level two any time soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

siobhanoh wrote: »
    I was down a pound. I was happy enough with that. I keep getting away with going way over my points at the weekend but I think that is because of exercise even though I have been counting exercise points too :confused:

I've decided not to count any exercise points for the 30 day shred and only count anything extra I do. Day 2 and it was tough this morning with all the muscle pain from yesterday! Can't even imagine doing level two any time soon!

Well done on your loss. You say you keep "getting away with it and going way over your points". While the exercise definitely does help, I would imagine you are still losing because you are in the early stages of weight loss. And while you might think you are being really bold, you are probably still being better than before you joined weight watchers. I am just worried it might catch up on you so try and be careful and be good most of the time, and then plan what treats (or alcohol) you are going to spend your weeklies on. Most professionals say it really is 85-90% diet and 10-15% exercise when it comes to weight loss for the majority of people. (Except me, godamnit, I have to exercise to lose weight, slow metabolism).

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Monife wrote: »
    Well done on your loss. You say you keep "getting away with it and going way over your points". While the exercise definitely does help, I would imagine you are still losing because you are in the early stages of weight loss. And while you might think you are being really bold, you are probably still being better than before you joined weight watchers. I am just worried it might catch up on you so try and be careful and be good most of the time, and then plan what treats (or alcohol) you are going to spend your weeklies on. Most professionals say it really is 85-90% diet and 10-15% exercise when it comes to weight loss for the majority of people. (Except me, godamnit, I have to exercise to lose weight, slow metabolism).

Yes you are 100% right. I know it will catch up on me! It's just very hard not allowing myself a few biscuits or something when I know I got away with a pizza and drink the week before. I need it to catch up on me to give me a kick in the jacksie! Imagine how much I could lose if I actually stuck to my points! I am only 4.5 away from goal but my own goal is at least another 10 pounds away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Well finally got courage to rejoin WW after 20 weeks! Was up 4lbs from my last weigh in which is not too bad I guess, considering I completely fell off the bandwagon and have ate rings around me..
    So am back with a vengeance now!
    Well done to all the losses this week so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭loveofliving

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Well yet another good week! And a Sts. Lost 1/2lb over the last 3 weeks! But it's 5 over the last 4 weeks.
    I think I'm going to drop to 26 points per day this week to try a boost! Although going to florence and the machine and snow patrol Sunday! That's not gonna help! ;-/

you'll get there hun, just keep doing what your doing. Are there any dinner plans or anything for Sunday or is it just drinking and the bad food it leads to that your worried about?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Having a very good day!!!

Haleujuia i hav finally found a way if eatin porridge i lke!!! I really wana eat it cause i know how good and filling it is 4 us.....sooooo.....this morn i made it with 1measure oats(1/4cup, 2pp) and 4x water(ie 1 cup) mixed in some splenda and a few drops of vanilla essence before cooking and when i was done ate it with just a sliced up nectarine!!!it was uber scrummy, and the texture was perfic, cause thats what puts me off it!!!

Started my new job on mon and im loving it, esp WW wise, im so busy i barely have time to think about food or pickin, theres no sweeteries 2 be picking at and the food there is rather WW friendly, fruit salad@break and wraps etc 4 lunch!!!

Did week3day2 of the c25k 2day, im on 3mins of running and i wont lie its tough!!!lol im really enjoying it tho!!! And it was sooo noce to be out in the lovely bit of afternoon sun we got down in cork!!!

Had a super scrummdiddlyumtiois dinner, i liertally licked my plate clean!!! It was abit heavy on the points but id been good all day, had only used 9up to havin it!! It was a pasta and sausage kinda carbonarra thingy made using aldi specially selected garlic and herb thick sausages(there only 3pp each and there really proper meaty sausages, when i was dry frying them off so little fat came out!!! It worked out @about 15pp but like i said i had the points and i was def worth it, if any1 want the recipe just ask, think iv gone on long enough in this post!!!lol

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

down 2 more pounds, the drinking of water has done the job.felt so bloated all last week cos my monthlys came back after not having none since last july -august . was in the throws of chemo at the time , so dawnting.,got great news today that the mammogram that was done june 15 came back clear:D:D:D:D. so far ive lost 10pound,,as like some of you im being getting away with xtra points cos in just new at ww so that will come to an end soon id say. im not able to walk much yet cos my back gets soar . in my past life while doing ww and walking i never counted what i earned, i walked cos i liked it, not to score points.

• Advertisement

I was completely shocked ot be down 4.5lbs today :eek: I guess using my weeklies works for me. I've always been a bit terrified of using them all, and was dreading WI tonight, but I see now that there was no need to worry!

To top it off, I also got my 8th silver 7 and my 4th stone - wooooooo! :D

I was down a half pound this am. I was quite happy with that, because I wasn't expecting it. I don't know what got into me. Used all my weeklies by sat night, but continued to act as though I had a few spare to use every day. I'm really disappointed with myself lately. I've really taken my foot of the ww pedal. I do NOT want to start letting things slide. I've come so far!

Has anyone tried the WWcaramel cake bars? I was so excited when I saw them in superquinn this evening and couldnt wait to have one after dinner. THey are so disappointing. The cake part is very thin (and dry, i picked the chocolate off a piece), and the caramel isnt caramel. It has the consistency of a gel rather than caramel, and it tastes too sweet and almost orangey. They just arent right. If they weren't sold as caramel I wouldnt have been so disappointed but now I am.

I did get ww Angel slices too - which are like the lemon slices but they are vanilla sponge, a layer of jam in the middle and a yogurt icing. Looking forward to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Well after a really disappointing loss last week and up and down the scales like a yoyo the past couple of months, I've decided not to go back to my meeting!!

I have PCOS which makes it a lot harder for me to lose weight. At this stage I just feel like I'm wasting my money.

So instead I'm gonna try a low GI diet and keep up the gym and walking. Low GI is supposed to be the best thing for sufferers of PCOS but I'm not too sure exactly what I should be eating. I'm not gonna focus on the scales as much for the moment and just focus on healthy eating.

Any advice on low GI would be much appreciated. I've ordered some books online but haven't received them yet.

Has anyone tried the WWcaramel cake bars? I was so excited when I saw them in superquinn this evening and couldnt wait to have one after dinner. THey are so disappointing. The cake part is very thin (and dry, i picked the chocolate off a piece), and the caramel isnt caramel. It has the consistency of a gel rather than caramel, and it tastes too sweet and almost orangey. They just arent right. If they weren't sold as caramel I wouldnt have been so disappointed but now I am.

I did get ww Angel slices too - which are like the lemon slices but they are vanilla sponge, a layer of jam in the middle and a yogurt icing. Looking forward to them!

Oh that's disappointing :( My favourites are the WW mini choc rolls. They don't taste that different from the Cadbury's ones at all really. Although, it's so long since I've had the Cadbury's ones, I probably wouldn't know. Either way, though, they're delicious!

cosmic wrote: »
    Oh that's disappointing :( My favourites are the WW mini choc rolls. They don't taste that different from the Cadbury's ones at all really. Although, it's so long since I've had the Cadbury's ones, I probably wouldn't know. Either way, though, they're delicious!

I love the mini rolls too - though I ate so many of them I'm a bit fed up so I'm branching out. You should see my cupboard. I have a box of coconut slices, a box of carrot cake slices, a box of angel slices, the ww digestives, rich toffee bars and the caramel cake bars. These will last me a good long time as I am so strict but because it can be so hard to get the ones you want. I also like to have a selection so there is always something there I'm in the mood for.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ballybabe

happy days i lost 3.5 lbs tonight after a month of been away and a foreign holiday! happy days. some things from ww just stay with ya no matter what!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 heuston

Lost 1lb today, happy enough, I've lost 6.5 lbs in 4 weeks. It's hard work but I suppose it's true that it's a lifestyle choice/change, so I've to get used to it! Hope to loose 21lbs by end of September, hope I'll make it!

Boop22 wrote: »
    Well after a really disappointing loss last week and up and down the scales like a yoyo the past couple of months, I've decided not to go back to my meeting!!

I have PCOS which makes it a lot harder for me to lose weight. At this stage I just feel like I'm wasting my money.

So instead I'm gonna try a low GI diet and keep up the gym and walking. Low GI is supposed to be the best thing for sufferers of PCOS but I'm not too sure exactly what I should be eating. I'm not gonna focus on the scales as much for the moment and just focus on healthy eating.

Any advice on low GI would be much appreciated. I've ordered some books online but haven't received them yet.

You're right to try something new if you feel you're getting nowhere. WW is not for everyone, much like any plan. I have PCOS aswell, and I've got a few books, but I'll confess that I never really did the whole low GI thing... I just don't have the discipline. I work with a girl who does the whole low GI thing, and she is just soooo disciplined with herself that I admire her so much. Ive a book in front of me called PCOS for dummies, and it's got some really good low GI diet info.

Here's some tips in a nutshell to get you started:
    A low GI breakfast is most important... It can help to stop your blood glucose fluctuating up and down for the rest of the day.
    Lots of cereals are quite high, as are a lot of breads. white stuff is baaaaad!
    low GI foods are: low fat yoghurt, juice, baked beans, porridge, not fully ripe bananas, semi skimmed milk, toasted muesli, stoneground whole meal bread. I think eggs are ok too.

as regards other meals, wraps and multigrain are better than white bread, veg soups are better than creamy (aren't they always!!!), wholegrain pasta with tomato based sauces. Beans added to any dish will help to lower the gi (from what i gather, the average GI in a meal is v important... ie, if youre having something high GI, combine it with something low, and voila... medium GI).
    nuts and dried fruit are good for snacks. i think you need to be careful with fruit... it's not all low gi.
    Portion sizes still matter.
    Lots of low gi foods still need to be eaten in moderation examples would be peanut m and ms, chocolate cake, salted peanuts, white chocolate, hazelnut chocolate spread (OMG- that's low GI?? i could just live on that!!!).

some websites that give free access to GI values: www.glycemicindex.com, www.mendosa.com/gilists.htm, www.gilisting.com

hope this helps. if you have any questions before your books arrive, just ask... I'll consult my literature on your behalf!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 ashleec4

got my first silver 7 after 2 weeks in ww. delighted.. :) just wondering does anyone know if you point diet coke if you have more than one can in a day?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement