Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Boop22 wrote: »
    Well after a really disappointing loss last week and up and down the scales like a yoyo the past couple of months, I've decided not to go back to my meeting!!

I have PCOS which makes it a lot harder for me to lose weight. At this stage I just feel like I'm wasting my money.

So instead I'm gonna try a low GI diet and keep up the gym and walking. Low GI is supposed to be the best thing for sufferers of PCOS but I'm not too sure exactly what I should be eating. I'm not gonna focus on the scales as much for the moment and just focus on healthy eating.

Any advice on low GI would be much appreciated. I've ordered some books online but haven't received them yet.

I could be wring but I think unislim is based on a low GI diet. It could be worthwhile to look into it. I know how frustrating weight loss is. I was the same as you up and down constantly so I made a change as well and the scales finally started moving again. Good luck and remember to check in from time to time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Well working with 26 points this week and gosh I'm noticing those 3points not being there! Makes it tougher but hopefully it will mean a good result! :o

you'll get there hun, just keep doing what your doing. Are there any dinner plans or anything for Sunday or is it just drinking and the bad food it leads to that your worried about?

Nothing yet! We're both off work Sunday & Monday so hopefully we can stay on track! Gates open at 3 so we wont be able to cook dinner before we leave so its hard to plan what we'll end up having.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Well working with 26 points this week and gosh I'm noticing those 3points not being there! Makes it tougher but hopefully it will mean a good result! :o

I know! I started with 31 pp in January and worked my way down and have been on 26 for the past couple of weeks - and it hurts losing each extra PP. I just keep thinking im a step closer to maintanence when i get some of them back!

I know! I started with 31 pp in January and worked my way down and have been on 26 for the past couple of weeks - and it hurts losing each extra PP. I just keep thinking im a step closer to maintanence when i get some of them back!

Im on 29 but haven't lost much recently so trying to cut back to 26 for a good push! Its crazy! 3ppts is so little but really matters!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

ashleec4 wrote: »
    got my first silver 7 after 2 weeks in ww. delighted.. :) just wondering does anyone know if you point diet coke if you have more than one can in a day?

Its free, regardless of how much of ya a drink! A great go-to mixer on a night out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey.. Would anyone know how many pp are in a junior whopper from burger king? I was caught on the hop, and didn't even eat the meat in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Blooming

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey.. Would anyone know how many pp are in a junior whopper from burger king? I was caught on the hop, and didn't even eat the meat in it!
    My app has it at 9pp...not bad at all!

Blooming wrote: »
    My app has it at 9pp...not bad at all![/Quote

Brilliant thanks a mill Blooming! Do u mind me asking what app u use??

• Registered Users Posts: 25 heuston

cosmic wrote: »
    I was completely shocked ot be down 4.5lbs today :eek: I guess using my weeklies works for me. I've always been a bit terrified of using them all, and was dreading WI tonight, but I see now that there was no need to worry!

To top it off, I also got my 8th silver 7 and my 4th stone - wooooooo! :D

Woo well done super work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Blooming

Value diary for iPhone, love it. Bit of getting used to at the start but it's really good. Very accurate. Massive food database too. :-)

Value diary for iPhone, love it. Bit of getting used to at the start but it's really good. Very accurate. Massive food database too. :-)
    Thanks blooming, I'm gonna go get that app now!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Bit the bullet and weighed in at home this morning after a bad weekend last weekend and Body & Soul the week before ... eek!

Well it wasn't as bad as I'd been imagining in my head! Up 4lbs total and am hoping I'll get that off fairly quickly so fingers crossed!

I'm heading to Chicago on Sunday for work so there'll be lots of dinners out, but it's so hot that perhaps that will help keep the weight off!!!!

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

OMG just made the yummiest smoothie ever. 60g strawberry frozen yoghurt, a small banana, a full punnet of strawberries and 200ml low calorie orange juice. Total = 2PP and it gives 2 BIG glasses full... nom nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ashleec4

Taz1 wrote: »
    Its free, regardless of how much of ya a drink! A great go-to mixer on a night out!

thanks so much.. thats exactly what i needed to know for have changed my drink to vodka and diet coke.. i can have a few more so now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭shivkk06

ashleec4 wrote: »
    got my first silver 7 after 2 weeks in ww. delighted.. :) just wondering does anyone know if you point diet coke if you have more than one can in a day?

hey all im new here and 3&1/2 weeks into weight watchers just seen ur post about the silver 7 and realised i didnt get one this week af ter loosing 5.5lb total loss now of 11lb well on track for my 3 stone target.finding it easy enough so far thank god. bit annoyed tho with the lack of availablity of WW products in my local supermarkets any tips on best place to go

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Any tips for making sweet potato chips??

Finding my first weekend back at WW really difficult, just so easy to get a takeaway etc and then realise how many points you have eaten. I am not into cooking at all, and I really wish I was, would make it easier! Hope everyone else is having a better weekend that me?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Finding my first weekend back at WW really difficult, just so easy to get a takeaway etc and then realise how many points you have eaten. I am not into cooking at all, and I really wish I was, would make it easier! Hope everyone else is having a better weekend that me?!

Don't really like cooking myself, love the end product, but hate the actual cooking, preparation and time it takes. What is helping me lately, is getting my meat in the butchers. Getting either the beef stirfry (already chopped up and in a sauce with veg) or a herb chicken breast or stuffed chicken breast and you just have to throw it in the oven (even the stirfry, or you can do that in the wok) and just add veg etc. Probably a bit higher in PP than doing it yourself but in my opinion it is worth it.

Another thing that is good is the Maggi So Juicy. Very low in points and very handy for chicken.

Monife wrote: »

Don't really like cooking myself, love the end product, but hate the actual cooking, preparation and time it takes. What is helping me lately, is getting my meat in the butchers. Getting either the beef stirfry (already chopped up and in a sauce with veg) or a herb chicken breast or stuffed chicken breast and you just have to throw it in the oven (even the stirfry, or you can do that in the wok) and just add veg etc. Probably a bit higher in PP than doing it yourself but in my opinion it is worth it.

Another thing that is good is the Maggi So Juicy. Very low in points and very handy for chicken.

Thanks monife, I appreciate your reply! My problem is I don't really eat meat, fish or chicken and I don't like the quorn at all, so I am kind of limited in what I can cook, there is only so many stir frys I can eat!

I'm going to sit down online and look for simple vegetarian recipes and try do out a menu for a few days, maybe freeze some too. I'm just so disorganised when it comes to meals!

• Advertisement

Such a good weekend WW wise. Made the lasagne from the complete cookbook (with a few of my own modifications) last night and it was amazing. Still have about 20 of my weeklies left that I'm not likely to use, weeks off the booze are great for that. And my smaller jeans finally fit me! Havent worn them in 3 years and when I first came back from travelling, I couldnt pull them up past my thighs. I still have the tiniest of muffin top wearing them, but as long as im not wearing very tight tops its not even noticeable. So im feeling pretty brilliant and hoping it shows on the scales on tuesday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Danii86 wrote: »
    Haleujuia i hav finally found a way if eatin porridge i lke!!! I really wana eat it cause i know how good and filling it is 4 us.....sooooo.....this morn i made it with 1measure oats(1/4cup, 2pp) and 4x water(ie 1 cup) mixed in some splenda and a few drops of vanilla essence before cooking and when i was done ate it with just a sliced up nectarine!!!it was uber scrummy, and the texture was perfic, cause thats what puts me off it!!!

This sounds really good - I'm going to have a go at it tomorrow with strawberries instead of nectarine. Hopefully I'll have time before work. I'm not soaking my oats overnight though so I hope they won't be too grainy. Did you soak yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Oh tiny wish I'd had a weekend like yours! Had a few glasses of wine Friday night - no problem there it was planned and I had my weeklies. Problem was Saturday and Sunday! Just ate crap constantly. It was like my off switch was broken! Ugh, so mad. Up a pound this morning as a result. Just feel like I undid all my good work in the gym last week. Grr. Very mad with myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Another WI success, tbh I am flabbergasted at how much I love WW

Starting weight (male) : 17st 13.2lbs
    Height : 6ft 5

Last weight on 25/6/2012 : 16st 9.6lbs

Todays weight : 16st 4.6lbs

Total weight loss : 1st 8.8lbs or 22.8lbs

Really Chuffed with this :)

ShindyB wrote: »
    Oh tiny wish I'd had a weekend like yours! Had a few glasses of wine Friday night - no problem there it was planned and I had my weeklies. Problem was Saturday and Sunday! Just ate crap constantly. It was like my off switch was broken! Ugh, so mad. Up a pound this morning as a result. Just feel like I undid all my good work in the gym last week. Grr. Very mad with myself!

I find the same after drinking at the weekend - I try to limit my drinking to sat nights so at least I only have one day after to lose track of myself. Its so easy to lose run of yourself at the weekend like that. Sure its one pound up and itll be down again next week if you just jump straight back into it. Life is for living and we all have weeks like that!

Chong wrote: »
    Another WI success, tbh I am flabbergasted at how much I love WW

Starting weight (male) : 17st 13.2lbs
    Height : 6ft 5

Last weight on 25/6/2012 : 16st 9.6lbs

Todays weight : 16st 4.6lbs

Total weight loss : 1st 8.8lbs or 22.8lbs

Really Chuffed with this :)

Well done, you are flying along with it. Keep up the good work!!

I find the same after drinking at the weekend - I try to limit my drinking to sat nights so at least I only have one day after to lose track of myself. Its so easy to lose run of yourself at the weekend like that. Sure its one pound up and itll be down again next week if you just jump straight back into it. Life is for living and we all have weeks like that!

Well done, you are flying along with it. Keep up the good work!!
    Thanks loads TP, I hate WI each week as I am anticipating the worst.

I am being really good though, plus I am over the hump of temptations and longing of foods.

I have a strong determination and resistance once I get in to weight loss mode.

There is nothing better in the world than clothes that used fit fitting again :)

I am being really good though, plus I am over the hump of temptations and longing of foods.

There is nothing better in the world than clothes that used fit fitting again :)

It really is such a great feeling, I have been pulling clothes out of my wardrobe that I havent worn in 3 years and being shocked they fit me. Makes it all worth it :-)

Does anyone have any idea how many pp in a teacake. I have it in my head that its 3 and I just ate one?

It really is such a great feeling, I have been pulling clothes out of my wardrobe that I havent worn in 3 years and being shocked they fit me. Makes it all worth it :-)

Does anyone have any idea how many pp in a teacake. I have it in my head that its 3 and I just ate one?
    Same here, I was down home the weekend and pulled out a load of shirts that I had tried on before I started WW 6 weeks back and its insane how they are all starting to fit, its so encouraging.

Id say a teacake is around 3 and maybe tag on an extra point just in case. Thats another thing I am getting good at is weighing up foods in points and knowing what is roughly what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

I know tunnocks tea cakes are three. Those new ones with the Turkish in them are two... Think they're cadburys- my leader was talking about them the other day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Hi All,

I just have a little question maybe one of you can help me with, I got to my Goal in January after just a little under two years and got my gold card and all, but after my mother passed away I fell off the wagon a little (7lbs so not TOTALLY irretrievable)
    I'm ready now to get back in the swing of things and start getting myself back in order. I was just wondering if there have been any changes to the plan since I've been away. I know there was talk at the last meeting I was at about the points going down to 26 and x amount per day being allowed for dairy but I was basking in the glow of my gold card that class so I wasn't following (am lactose intolerant anyway so I may not have paid attention for that reason either)
    If anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it, I need to get back on the wagon!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement