Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Elliex wrote: »
    Just did day 1 of 30 day shred!!! I go to the gym quite regularly so I thought I would be ok but my god it was tough :p sweating!!!! Hhaa :D
    What size weights do ppl use when doing this? Luckily by bf had some weights there that I could use but I think they could be too heavy

I did my 1st day yesterday and ya bloomin heck i was in some sweat!! Its doable tho which will make me more likely to *hopefully* stick with it!! How did u point it tho interms of activity points??high intensity??
    Im starting the c25k 2morrow with my friend and hopefully then run the cork womens mini marathon@ the end sept!! Should totally help the lbs come off!!

Had a really good weekend WWwise, only used 10 weeklies (treated myself to the big bag of manhatten popcorn@the cinema rather than getin cinema popcorn!!!) and got out for 2 hilly walks yest and 2day!! Feeling really motivated for the week ahead, wi on tues so gona b really good tomorrow and tues, get the water in like theres a drought commin. Bit dehydrated @the mo, always drink less @ the weekend because i dont have my bottle beside me like i do @work during the week!!
    Hope every1 had a good weekend!! :)

Oh ya i used 1.5kg weights it was all we had at home but i could really feel it in my arms evn with just 1.5kg!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

I know this has been asked before but does anyone know how many pp in a zumo smoothie?? It consisted of banana, raspberries, low fat frozen yogurt, orange juice and a squeeze of honey.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Elliejo

Danii86 wrote: »
    I did my 1st day yesterday and ya bloomin heck i was in some sweat!! Its doable tho which will make me more likely to *hopefully* stick with it!! How did u point it tho interms of activity points??high intensity??

I don't count/allow activity points at all. I walk either 3 or 4 miles 6 days a week, and wouldn't even know how to point it. I just use the allotted ProPoints and most of the 49 every week. I got to goal last September doing it like that. I've maintained pretty well ever since, but the last month has been a bit of a disaster with things slipping, and I've put up about 7 or 8 lbs. I'm still under goal, but that's the WW goal, not my own personal one. I'm determined to get rid of the extra lbs in the next few weeks. I've done WW before, reached goal before (about 7 years ago) and promptly let it all slide back on again. Hence the 30 day shred, trying to get something new into my routine.:rolleyes::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Boop22 wrote: »
    I know this has been asked before but does anyone know how many pp in a zumo smoothie?? It consisted of banana, raspberries, low fat frozen yogurt, orange juice and a squeeze of honey.

Most low fat fro yo is 1pp per 30g I think. When I make a smoothie with 1pp worth of yogurt, 100 ml apple juice, bananas and berries, it would fill a middle sized glass in my kitchen... One of the high ones, maybe about 200 - 250ml? So if you go by that, it just depends how big your smoothie was! I'd imagine even a small would be slightly bigger than that... And I've no idea how many points are in honey!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Elliejo wrote: »
    I started 30 day shred yesterday, and did day 2 this morning. I found it pretty tough too, and the sweat just poured off me. Shows how unfit I am. I used 2kg weights, and that was more than enough for my weak arms....

I did 30 Day Shred before my holidays and I wore a bikini for the first time since I was 13! It really does work if you put the work in. I lost about 8 inches all over doing it. I only lost about 5lbs on the scales though. I didn't get to finish it completely the first time around so I started it again today and boy could I feel it on my legs. I use 2kg weights as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Morning everyone! Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Things def quieten down here over the weekend but I know myself I tend to avoid my computer as much as possible over the weekend.

Had a pretty good weekend WW wise - had used up all my weeklies by friday night. My dinner out on thursday was awesome - they had changed up the menu on me but was still able to make pretty healthy choices that left me with enough pp left to enjoy myself at westlife on friday. Had 2 drinks and then we went for a late night indian after. Had enough for a lentil dahl and half a naan bread which finished my night off nicely. Stuck rigidly to my 27 on sat and yesterday then - even had points left both nights for dessert which was great. Went for a great walk up three rock yesterday too and last time I did it I found it so hard but this time was a breeze - only prob was waiting for the OH to catch up ;)

Am feeling good about WI tomorrow - my jeans are now huge on me and I'm up to the last notch on my belt and even that is a little loose. Still a few pounds away from my small jeans in the cupboard and I cant afford an in between pair so I'm just making do with clothes that are too big. And i've decided that even if I dont see the loss on the scales tomorrow (TOTM due) I'm feeling absolutely great about myself so thats enough. In saying that, 1.5lbs away from my 5th silver seven so would love to see that tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I had another awesome WI this morning 4 weeks down, 16.2lbs weight loss.

I am over the moon so far.

Male : 27 Height : 6ft 5inches

Starting weight : 17st 13.2lbs
    Current weight : 16st 11lbs

Delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

In saying that, 1.5lbs away from my 5th silver seven so would love to see that tomorrow!

Fingers are crossed for you tiny penguin!!

I have had a horrific weekend, as usual but unfortunately I have carried it into today. I went home for lunch there and ate all around me.

Cant wait for my WI tomorrow at lunch to get it over with!!

I have no holidays booked for the next while and no big occasions. I feel like I have nothing to aim for and that its fine if I am up this week, sure I can just lose it the next week. Bad frame of mind to be in! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Hey everyone...

So after 6 weeks of eating all around me I am back with my head hanging low.. In them 6 weeks i have gone from 11st 8lb back up to 12st 2lb so now have 16lb to lose instead of 8.

Did the shopping last night stocked up on veg, fruit and meat I really need to get back on track. We have no internet at home since we moved so dont get to read up and get my motivation from here as much but will try be much better. Theres no point in me going to a class when i know all the information already i just need to forget bout the last six weeks, hop on the wagon and eat right. I got this far no way im throwing it all away. How has everyone else been doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Had a great week all week, had a few small treats but all pointed and in my dailies, Made homemade breaded chicken fillets yesterday! Was yum!!

2edw7t1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Had a great week all week, had a few small treats but all pointed and in my dailies, Made homemade breaded chicken fillets yesterday! Was yum!!

2edw7t1.jpg

Gosh... Looks gorgeous!! How many propoints in it? How did u make de chicken? Sorry for all de questions.... Always looking for new dinners... So easy to get stuck in a rut!

lila44 wrote: »
    Gosh... Looks gorgeous!! How many propoints in it? How did u make de chicken? Sorry for all de questions.... Always looking for new dinners... So easy to get stuck in a rut!

It was 13pro points total.

I used 1 beaten egg white, I dried out 2slices of bread in the oven for 15 mins and blended them then mixed with some herbs, parsley and thyme and garlic seasoning.

Dipped chicken fillets in the egg and then rolled in the breadcrumbs and baked in the oven for 30 mins, Delicious.

Chicken was 6pro points on its own. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

It was 13pro points total.

I used 1 beaten egg white, I dried out 2slices of bread in the oven for 15 mins and blended them then mixed with some herbs, parsley and thyme and garlic seasoning.

Dipped chicken fillets in the egg and then rolled in the breadcrumbs and baked in the oven for 30 mins, Delicious.

Chicken was 6pro points on its own. :)

Great!! I'll try it this week!! I've been in a rut of chicken fillet roasted in a stir fry sauce!! Nice and tasty... But u get sick the same after a while!!

Great!! I'll try it this week!! I've been in a rut of chicken fillet roasted in a stir fry sauce!! Nice and tasty... But u get sick the same after a while!!

Well I made homemade chicken korma tonight, it was delicious if you like indian food you'll like it!

I roasted the chicken for 25mins, in a large pot I fried 2onions, 1/2 green pepper and 2 garlic gloves in spray oil. Then added 1tsp of garam masala mixed for 1 minute. Then added 4 tblsp of passata and 150ml of chicken stock and 1 tsp curry paste.

Let simmer then when my rice was boiled i took the curry off the heat and mixed in 3 tblsp of fromage frais! (do this when its off the heat or it can curdle)

It was seriously delicious and all for 12 pro points!! :D

11mcitx.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

11mcitx.jpg

I can vouch that was easily one of the nicest chicken curries I've ever had! I'm very lucky to have such a talented and beautiful girlfriend!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Great recipes! The korma looks delish - I really love korma and have some WW naan in the cupboard that would go great with that.

Posted a few before and halfway there pics in my blog if anyone is interested. People are really started to comment a lot and think the difference is def noticable at this stage. http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2012/06/weigh-in-24.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Great recipes! The korma looks delish - I really love korma and have some WW naan in the cupboard that would go great with that.

Posted a few before and halfway there pics in my blog if anyone is interested. People are really started to comment a lot and think the difference is def noticable at this stage. http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2012/06/weigh-in-24.html

WOW! Tiny you look great, it is noticeable all over. Your curves and figure are showing really well now and your face looks great. Well done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

Well back at WW 4 weeks now...1st wk lost 3 2/3weeks 1/2 pound then week 4 up a pound :mad: can't blame ny1 but myself tho!!! Gym twice this week and 1 day of 30 day shred! Haven been too great with my tracking ( slap on the hand) but I know I've not exceeded my weekleys so I'm hoping for a Loss Tmo so it gives me a boost!! I also need more willpower when it comes to evening snacking.... It's so hard,.. Anyone any suggestions?

Also jwacqui have just viewed your old YouTube vids from Jan....found them really good....r u not doing them anymore?

• Advertisement

WOW well done!! U look fantastic! You've just given me great motivation ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

You look amazing tiny. Fair play for losing so much, u must have great will power :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 heuston

Hey guys, I'm doing Bikram yoga, does anyone else here do it? I'm wondering what amount of activity points would be earned with it? Thanks

Elliex wrote: »
    Also jwacqui have just viewed your old YouTube vids from Jan....found them really good....r u not doing them anymore?

My lovely boyfriend has been distracting me from them! I must get back to making then! I found them really motivating. I might do a few recipe ones! :-)

Omg wow, u look fab tiny!!! Fair play 2ya!!! U must b delighted with all your hard work!!! Keep it up :)

So WI 2nighy, had a sneaky peak on my scales and its showin a sts....:( dono how r why, been really good, used less than half my weeklies, went for 3 decent walks, started on c25k yest on week 2day1 ad hav started 30day shred, 2day wil b day3!! Really hope i can stay light over the day!!!lol
    Worst case senario it myt show next week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

You look fab, and the green dress is gorgeous on you! Keep up the good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

My lovely boyfriend has been distracting me from them! I must get back to making then! I found them really motivating. I might do a few recipe ones! :-)

I love your recipe videos - please make more!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Well I was at Body and Soul over the weekend and I'm hoping for a STS tomorrow. I made good enough food choices - given what was available. I drank so so much though so used a few weeks worth of weeklies! I'm hoping hours of dancing and endless walking around in mud will earn me several activity points though! Even if I'm up though, I don't care - I had a great weekend, and can lose back whatever I've gained :)

Good luck to everyone with their WIs this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

tiny_penguin you look great- fair play to ya :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Looking fab tiny! Well done!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement