Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

dammitj wrote: »
    Try to enjoy your lunch and congratulations! You must be so delighted!

I have had about half a stone to go to goal for about 6 months now, I just lost the motivation to really go for it I think.
    But I will get it this year!

:D

You can do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

I weighed my self this morning and scales say I am up! :mad::cool: damit lol hope its just a blip and I am not up at WI tomorrow!

Im rechecking in the morning and if Im still up! Im contemplating on not going to my WI till the following week, cant face my condescending leader and save me 10 euro and I will do a zumba class instead :)

Im so bold :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Baby75 wrote: »
    I weighed my self this morning and scales say I am up! :mad::cool: damit lol hope its just a blip and I am not up at WI tomorrow!

Im rechecking in the morning and if Im still up! Im contemplating on not going to my WI till the following week, cant face my condescending leader and save me 10 euro and I will do a zumba class instead :)

Happened me last week and by not going I did more damage!! Although having a condescending leader can't b nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

What time do you usually WI at? Do your home scales always match your meeting scales? Have you had any luck looking for a new meeting, this one really doesnt sound good. I usually say its always better to face the meeting, but your leader really sounds awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Going for a meal Sunday and looking at menu the dish comes with chips but I was going to ask for veg and mash instead! Anyone any idea how to point mash from a resturant? Or will I just stick with the thick beautiful chips!! �� ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Maybe try to find a new leader! The week where you fear you might be up, is probably the most important week to go. In my old weight watching life, I used have a pre weigh in weigh in, and I'd be inclined to skip my WI if I thought I'd be up- it's true, you could well do extra damage the second week, and find yourself twice as uninclined to go back!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cf10

Guys just a quick question!!

I was wondering if anybody knew how many propoints there are in a small plain queen cake topped with white/pink icing??

There is no nutritional info on the packaging, but I've been pointing them around 3?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cf10

Going for a meal Sunday and looking at menu the dish comes with chips but I was going to ask for veg and mash instead! Anyone any idea how to point mash from a resturant? Or will I just stick with the thick beautiful chips!! �� ;)
    I know that normal mash, one tsp is 1 point! And if you add in al the butter restaurants use, plus the fact that the portion is going to be a lot bigger you're probably looking at about 6/7! :/

Oven baked chips 100g is 5! Restaurant chips with the oil and again the portion size is probably about double that!

So it's up to you but i say go for the chips and ask for a smaller portion/give some away! Or else maybe do a workout after! With the mash you might feel like yu've deprived yourself and so cave and get a dessert hahaha! Whereas if you just have the chips, you might leave it at that, and have a nice sensible skinny latte after :)

Hope this helps! :)

Just home my WI, and down 2lb :D I wasn't really expecting that, given my weekend indulgence... that Scoozi choc cake, it's just not something I'm prepared to give up just yet! I don't even like to think of how many pp it might contain!
    Our leader had us all set a mini goal today- we wrote down what we'd like to weigh on the wed after easter- 4 weeks from now, but with patricks day, mothers day, and easter thrown into the mix! she's going to give us back our little pieces of paper that day. should be interesting! I'd like to be into the 14s by then... i dread to think when the last time i saw that particular weight bracket was! 5 and a half lb should get me there though, so i'll be pounding the footpaths between now and then! my other half was oiling the wheels of the pram the other day, and he remarked that I had "fierce wear" on the wheels already- I was proud!

cf10 wrote: »

I was wondering if anybody knew how many propoints there are in a small plain queen cake topped with white/pink icing??

There is no nutritional info on the packaging, but I've been pointing them around 3?!

I love working out things like this- ;), coz i'm just such a propoints geek. just pointed it from a recipe i have for cupcakes, which is obviously pretty much the same thing. it worked out at 54 for a recipe that makes 12, which is 4.5 each. that doesn't count icing, and obviously theres no halves in propoints, so it's probably at least six, depending on the size, and the type of icing.

• Advertisement

What is the brand you buy and what is the weight of the cake. Is there any info on the ingredients, esp for the icing so you can get an idea of what is in them? Or even if there is a similar brand out there that you can find the nutritional info.
    ck83 wrote: »
    I love working out things like this- ;), coz i'm just such a propoints geek. just pointed it from a recipe i have for cupcakes, which is obviously pretty much the same thing. it worked out at 54 for a recipe that makes 12, which is 4.5 each. that doesn't count icing, and obviously theres no halves in propoints, so it's probably at least six, depending on the size, and the type of icing.

The queen cakes in teh shops if they are the ones I am thinking of usually a good bit smaller than the average cupcake. I think it is better to overpoint than under point, but they may be smaller and not quite as high.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

twirlagig wrote: »
    Morning everybody! Just WI here and I have 4 lbs lost!!:D Thats 2 stone now and the first time I've seen the 11's in YEARS! :):cool: Happy Camper!
    Good Luck all with your WI's for today and rest of the week!
    Just home my WI, and down 2lb :D I wasn't really expecting that, given my weekend indulgence... that Scoozi choc cake, it's just not something I'm prepared to give up just yet! I don't even like to think of how many pp it might contain!
    Our leader had us all set a mini goal today- we wrote down what we'd like to weigh on the wed after easter- 4 weeks from now, but with patricks day, mothers day, and easter thrown into the mix! she's going to give us back our little pieces of paper that day. should be interesting! I'd like to be into the 14s by then... i dread to think when the last time i saw that particular weight bracket was! 5 and a half lb should get me there though, so i'll be pounding the footpaths between now and then! my other half was oiling the wheels of the pram the other day, and he remarked that I had "fierce wear" on the wheels already- I was proud!

Congratulations you two! Well done! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Whats for Dinner Girls and Boys?

I'm have 0pp Stir Fry, Noodles 6pp, sweet Chilli 1pp and a half a box of aldi poppin chicken for 6pp

Any plans for St Patricks day? Its one of those holidays i have never embraced, so i don't have to worry about extra pp for drinking as it would kill me been out with the plastic paddy brigade, think i may stay in Saturday and go to the Zoo on Sunday :)

What is the brand you buy and what is the weight of the cake. Is there any info on the ingredients, esp for the icing so you can get an idea of what is in them? Or even if there is a similar brand out there that you can find the nutritional info.

The queen cakes in teh shops if they are the ones I am thinking of usually a good bit smaller than the average cupcake. I think it is better to overpoint than under point, but they may be smaller and not quite as high.
    I've made these a few times though, back in the day, and they're not that big. About the size of the ones that are bought in the shops. I also pointed them with semi skimmed milk, because I couldn't remember how Many points for full fat- but the shop bought ones might well have all butter, and no milk at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Boop22 wrote: »
    Just had a massive dinner and all for only 9pp. 2 superquinn reduced fat sausages- they r gorgeous. 2 ww bread toasted, and half a small tin of beans :-) made a change to a normal dinner. Finished it off with a bowl of potato and leek soup for 2pp, absolutely stuffed:-)

Hi hun,
    How many pp in the superquinn reduced fats?
    Are regular pork sausages 2pp each? I think they are and pointed two my OH cooked Saturday morning as 4pp. Clonakilty - DEV INE!!:)

twirlagig wrote: »
    Morning everybody! Just WI here and I have 4 lbs lost!!:D Thats 2 stone now and the first time I've seen the 11's in YEARS! :):cool: Happy Camper!
    Good Luck all with your WI's for today and rest of the week!

wohoo!! Well done missus:)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Bernso wrote: »
    Hi hun,
    Are regular pork sausages 2pp each? I think they are and pointed two my OH cooked Saturday morning as 4pp. Clonakilty - DEV INE!!:)

Are these the lowest pp sausages out there? I've been trying to find low pp sausages for ages!!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

I'm have 0pp Stir Fry, Noodles 6pp, sweet Chilli 1pp and a half a box of aldi poppin chicken for 6pp

Any plans for St Patricks day? Its one of those holidays i have never embraced, so i don't have to worry about extra pp for drinking as it would kill me been out with the plastic paddy brigade, think i may stay in Saturday and go to the Zoo on Sunday :)

I'm heading to my dads in Wexford on Friday for the weekend, well, until Sunday. Have WI tonight, am a bit nervy about it. I know I have been good foodwise all week, but what with being sick and all I just hadn't got the energy for exercise and with STS last week..... squeeky bum time!

This weekend will be the first time since New years that I have had a drink so I want a decent week this week so I have a bit more motivation. Going to go jogging on the beach in the mornings while I'm down there. It should be good. My daughter is staying up here with my mam so she can go to the parade so we have a free weekend for the first time in AGES!!! It's my dads bday too so I have been checking out the restaurants around his house so I will have an idea what to have before we hit one or the other of them.....

What are the rest of you up ta???

ali85 wrote: »
    I'm heading to my dads in Wexford on Friday for the weekend, well, until Sunday. Have WI tonight, am a bit nervy about it. I know I have been good foodwise all week, but what with being sick and all I just hadn't got the energy for exercise and with STS last week..... squeeky bum time!

This weekend will be the first time since New years that I have had a drink so I want a decent week this week so I have a bit more motivation. Going to go jogging on the beach in the mornings while I'm down there. It should be good. My daughter is staying up here with my mam so she can go to the parade so we have a free weekend for the first time in AGES!!! It's my dads bday too so I have been checking out the restaurants around his house so I will have an idea what to have before we hit one or the other of them.....

Am going to collapse into my bed on friday night and sleep for as long as possible. They are having pizza and beer in work (free) for paddy's day after hours so am just gonna get out of here and be anti social to avoid eating the junk. Also its been a tough week so need an early night.

Not big into Paddy's day, seems to always be a bit of a let down. Gonna hit a local pub for the match - will prob hang around there for most of the day/evening. But am going to take it easy on the booze. Have to take mum out for lunch/dinner on monday so wanna save some weeklies for that.

I'm just looking forward to 3 days off work, woop woop!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭mmc2010

Hi ladies, how many propoints do you think there would be in duck and stuffing..?? I didn't eat any of the fat or skin in it but it was yummy!!! Not to mention the mini magnum afterwards....it was my treat day!!!:D

• Advertisement

mmc2010 wrote: »
    Hi ladies, how many propoints do you think there would be in duck and stuffing..?? I didn't eat any of the fat or skin in it but it was yummy!!! Not to mention the mini magnum afterwards....it was my treat day!!!:D

Duck is pretty low without the skin - 4or5pp for a medium breast skinless (i think, dont have the purple book) . Though if it was cooked with the skin some of the fat may have seeped in. So I would add 1 or 2 to that. Not sure about the stuffing though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Maybe try to find a new leader! The week where you fear you might be up, is probably the most important week to go. In my old weight watching life, I used have a pre weigh in weigh in, and I'd be inclined to skip my WI if I thought I'd be up- it's true, you could well do extra damage the second week, and find yourself twice as uninclined to go back!

I do agree with you and I think its down to her reaction the last time that has me not wanting to face her! Im OK with being up,I know I stuck to tracking and I know it will show its not the far of seeing a gain on the scales!! IYKWIM I think its because of the exercise I have been doing and I lost 4 .5 last week my scales say a pound up today but my fat % is down and my water is the same ? muscle may be! clutching at straws may be LOL
    Happened me last week and by not going I did more damage!! Although having a condescending leader can't b nice!!
    NO its not! :(I am so glad I don't depend on her for my motivation to lose this weight! I never skip a class ever! so its a first even the last time I knew I would be up! I still went but it was totm so I knew it was not from over eating.
    What time do you usually WI at? Do your home scales always match your meeting scales? Have you had any luck looking for a new meeting, this one really doesnt sound good. I usually say its always better to face the meeting, but your leader really sounds awful!

I get WI in the morning so I sometimes do a quick WI when I remember! my scales are the same! may be a pound in the difference but that's when I am WI at home in feck all LOL

Im going with my friend and I probably will go regardless don't want to let my friend down keep you all posted I could be worrying over nothing, I be happy with a sts

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kellygalway

I'm so anxious about WI tonight......I know I didn't have a good week - alot of grazing!! I did go swimming twice & did davina dvd twice but I think I'll be up this week I just hope it doesn't throw me off course i have to stick with it! Fingers crossed the damage won't be too bad! :/

Well done on all the losses this week!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

STS...

Nuts. Dunno what the story is really, was a pound and a half down on my home scales this morning. Pah. Nother tenner down the drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

ali85 wrote: »

I actually don't gave a lot of plans. Just relax on Friday I'd say. Saturday get out with the dog for the afternoon I'd say. We got a Raclette grill last weekend which is fantastic! Easy on the cheese is the only thing haha, so perhaps have that on Sat night. Then at the Stables for most of Sunday, and up to Mums on Monday.

How about the rest of you guys? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Having quite a plain but yummy dinner tonight. Steak, baby potatoes and beans nom nom nom

Not doing the usual all day bender this year for Paddy's day as I actually can't afford it. Going to go out for lunch or early bird with the OH and have a few drinks with him at home. Probably have a few drinks Friday night aswell so weeklies will well and truly be used this weekend, might actually have to get off my lazy bum and do some exercise :D

Das Kitty wrote: »
    STS...

Nuts. Dunno what the story is really, was a pound and a half down on my home scales this morning. Pah. Nother tenner down the drain.

Bummer Kitty, but turn that frown upside down, you WILL see it next week.
    I was up two in a row despite being dead good then down 3.

Least you STS right?
    You're getting there hun, just stick with it!!:)

Yum yum, butternut squash for dinner tonight! Made 3 portions so have something quick for after the gym tomorrow and something substantial for before the pub on Saturday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Bernso wrote: »
    Boop22 wrote: »
    Just had a massive dinner and all for only 9pp. 2 superquinn reduced fat sausages- they r gorgeous. 2 ww bread toasted, and half a small tin of beans :-) made a change to a normal dinner. Finished it off with a bowl of potato and leek soup for 2pp, absolutely stuffed:-)

Hi hun,

Hey as far as I remember the reduced fat ones are 2pp and regular ones are 3pp (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this).

The ww ones are only 1pp each, they are kinda hard to get in shops. You just can't beat superquinn sausies in my opinion though :-) :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

i STS at WI 2nite, but didnt mind, was expecting to be up as i had a confirmation at the weekend and ate lots of junk :eek:
    half pound to go and i will have lost 50lbs! fingers crossed for next week :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement