Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

I was looking at those only on Saturday! I got the Oat Crackers instead, roundy ones, for 1pp for 1 cracker. I'll know better going forward ha ha ! I was having the choc philly on them! YUMMO! :D

They were really nice.... I got the WW crackers in Dunnes on Friday too... just the oat ones mind, I can't get the onion flavoured ones here for love nor money... Got them up in Newry the last time and OMG they were gorgeous!!!!

How are you getting on Mrs? You have been quiet as of late... not like you! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Boop22 and BaileyPants here's the recipe for the plain scones, they are so good

Makes 12
    Each scone: 2pp

225g self raising flour
    25g low fat spread
    25g caster sugar
    150g virtually fat free plain yoghurt
    2 teaspoons of skimmed milk

Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6. Sift flour into bowl. Rub the low fat spread into the flour until the mixture looks a bit like breadcrumbs, lifting your fingers up high as you rub the fat and flour together to incorporate as much air as possible.
    Stir in the sugar. Stir in the yogurt using a tableknife , mixing to give a soft but not sticky dough that leaves the bowl clean. Add a little cold water to bring the dough together if it seems too dry and isn't clinging together.
    Dust work surface with flour and pat the dough out by hand to a thickness of 2.5cm (1 inch). Cut scones.
    Place on a flour dusted tray then brush the tops of the scones with the milk. Make sure that the milk doesn't drip down the sides of the scones too much, as this can stop them from rising.
    Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes until risen and golden brown.

You can add 40g of sultanas to the mix if you want fruit scones, this will make each scone 3pp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Taz1 wrote: »

Makes 12

225g self raising flour
    25g low fat spread
    25g caster sugar

Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6. Sift flour into bowl. Rub the low fat spread into the flour until the mixture looks a bit like breadcrumbs, lifting your fingers up high as you rub the fat and flour together to incorporate as much air as possible.
    Stir in the sugar. Stir in the yogurt using a tableknife , mixing to give a soft but not sticky dough that leaves the bowl clean. Add a little cold water to bring the dough together if it seems too dry and isn't clinging together.
    Dust work surface with flour and pat the dough out by hand to a thickness of 2.5cm (1 inch). Cut scones.
    Place on a flour dusted tray then brush the tops of the scones with the milk. Make sure that the milk doesn't drip down the sides of the scones too much, as this can stop them from rising.

You can add 40g of sultanas to the mix if you want fruit scones, this will make each scone 3pp.

Will def be making those - love scones and I do always avoid them cos they are so high. What size are then when cooked?

WI tomorrow and I'm feeling pretty good. Been so good all week. Still havent been able to up my exercise - everything i plan to do some, something comes up and I cant. Did over an hour cardio on thursday night. And went for an hour walk in Marley Park yesterday. But my TOTM came yesterday and I planned on going to the gym but was crippled with cramps so didnt go. Also we are showing a room in our apartment so most evenings I can't get to the gym because of that! Wanna just find someone for the room so I can get back to normal routine!

Will def be making those - love scones and I do always avoid them cos they are so high. What size are then when cooked?

They're not as big as your average scone, probably about half the size. I think its important to make sure to get as much air as possible into the mix (when rubbing) so that they rise more (some of mine didn't rise as high as they probably should have because I was concious of getting the mix everywhere by lifting it out of the bowl!), but they definately do the job for just 2pp, 3 with some butter, especially when eaten just outta the oven, sooo good! And ya can freeze them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Makes 12

225g self raising flour
    25g low fat spread
    25g caster sugar

I'm def going to give these a try. I'm on mat leave at the moment, so my weight loss is helped along by having no ten o clock tea break, where the canteen is full of peeps eating yummy scones. I'll be looking to bring a healthier alternative when I go back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Thanks a mill for that Taz, will deffo give them a try over the weekend. I think I'll add the fruit too for the extra point. I'd say they would be lovely with some ww jam, mouth is watering already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

ali85 wrote: »
    They were really nice.... I got the WW crackers in Dunnes on Friday too... just the oat ones mind, I can't get the onion flavoured ones here for love nor money... Got them up in Newry the last time and OMG they were gorgeous!!!!

How are you getting on Mrs? You have been quiet as of late... not like you! ;)

I know! I'd kinda lost momentum of late, the last 2 weeks or so, and everyone is doing so well on here, so I was reading away and thanking etc, but didn't really have anything good to say so didn't really post much. But I've been doing a lot of exercise so I think that's compensated for my going over my daily points (find it tough to stick within them!) coz I lost 1.5 last week when I hadn't been great with the points. Not making bad choices, just can't seem to stay within the 27 dailies. But the loss last week motivated me no end, so I'm still going over a bit, but I've stepped up the exercise more now since so that I may have a chance of reaching my 1st stone ;)

You're great for the motivation & tips etc :D

Boop22 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill for that Taz, will deffo give them a try over the weekend. I think I'll add the fruit too for the extra point. I'd say they would be lovely with some ww jam, mouth is watering already :D

No problem. I had one fresh outta the oven making the butter melt, and a tiny bit of jam on top - it was heaven! I hop eyou enjoy them as much as I do!

I know! I'd kinda lost momentum of late, the last 2 weeks or so, and everyone is doing so well on here, so I was reading away and thanking etc, but didn't really have anything good to say so didn't really post much. But I've been doing a lot of exercise so I think that's compensated for my going over my daily points (find it tough to stick within them!) coz I lost 1.5 last week when I hadn't been great with the points. Not making bad choices, just can't seem to stay within the 27 dailies. But the loss last week motivated me no end, so I'm still going over a bit, but I've stepped up the exercise more now since so that I may have a chance of reaching my 1st stone ;)

You're great for the motivation & tips etc :D

Ah stop... I was dreading last week coz I knew I hadn't lost... Half of me was thinking that I just wouldn't bother going but the OH said "If ya don't go you'll regret it" so I just went. STS. But happy it wasn't a gain. Hoping for decent numbers this week... fingers crossed. Have done feck all in the line of exercise this week because I have been sick but I am determined to get into those 10s in the next few weeks.

Are you just using your weeklies for your overspill?? Im not too bad in that respect. I have used a good few of my weeklies from Wednesday and Thursday nights, but since then i have been good. They are a godsend!! You are still doing brilliantly though! I made your apple crisp things last week... they are DELISH!!! My aunt is home from America at the mo and she couldn't believe they were a WW friendly treat! I Think you have your calling in life Baileypants!! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I had a brilliant time at the hen I was at on Saturday. My plan was to have wine with dinner and a couple of G&Ts. We had champagne in the room beforehand so I decided to have water with dinner. Very proud of myself I have to say. I wasn't wild-gone on the dessert and in my previous life I would have eaten it anyway, but I just left it behind. :D

Then we danced for about 4 hours solid and I resisted the fried breakfast. My friend was a bit 'wtf' with me because she's used to me tearing into the food and beverages. :D

So delighted to say that I had a pound off since friday when I got on my scales this morning. Goal, here I come!

• Advertisement

ali85 wrote: »
    Ah stop... I was dreading last week coz I knew I hadn't lost... Half of me was thinking that I just wouldn't bother going but the OH said "If ya don't go you'll regret it" so I just went. STS. But happy it wasn't a gain. Hoping for decent numbers this week... fingers crossed. Have done feck all in the line of exercise this week because I have been sick but I am determined to get into those 10s in the next few weeks.

Are you just using your weeklies for your overspill?? Im not too bad in that respect. I have used a good few of my weeklies from Wednesday and Thursday nights, but since then i have been good. They are a godsend!! You are still doing brilliantly though! I made your apple crisp things last week... they are DELISH!!! My aunt is home from America at the mo and she couldn't believe they were a WW friendly treat! I Think you have your calling in life Baileypants!! :D

Hahaha! Would you stop :p I have to say this thread really would keep you going, just when you're about to say feic it & blow all your points or throw in the towel altogether!
    I read something good the other day. If you have one really bad session or meal or whatever, don't write off the whole day. Get back on track at your next meal and recover yourself. That way the guilt won't stay with you for long and you won't end up in a vicious circle because you've done it, fair enough, but you're already back on track, so you feel like you're over the hump. Just thought it was good ;)

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I had a brilliant time at the hen I was at on Saturday. My plan was to have wine with dinner and a couple of G&Ts. We had champagne in the room beforehand so I decided to have water with dinner. Very proud of myself I have to say. I wasn't wild-gone on the dessert and in my previous life I would have eaten it anyway, but I just left it behind. :D

Then we danced for about 4 hours solid and I resisted the fried breakfast. My friend was a bit 'wtf' with me because she's used to me tearing into the food and beverages. :D

So delighted to say that I had a pound off since friday when I got on my scales this morning. Goal, here I come!

Wow, congratulations! If you could bottle that will power you'd be a millionaire! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Hi all just wondering 2 things going for a meal Sunday and have looked up menu I'm a funny eater so choices are limited would I be better going with a goats cheese tart or steak and chunky chips with pepper sauce.

2nd is the min pp per day 26 or 27?

Thanks guys!!wi tomorrow I know I'll b up but being proactive and have my week planned to the last detail!!

Hi all just wondering 2 things going for a meal Sunday and have looked up menu I'm a funny eater so choices are limited would I be better going with a goats cheese tart or steak and chunky chips with pepper sauce.

Thanks guys!!wi tomorrow I know I'll b up but being proactive and have my week planned to the last detail!!

The min pp- think it's 26- I'm sure someone else will be surer of that than me! I'd say go with the steak, sauce on the side- but then I'm a demon for steak, so I'd say that anyhow!

Hahaha! Would you stop :p I have to say this thread really would keep you going, just when you're about to say feic it & blow all your points or throw in the towel altogether!
    I read something good the other day. If you have one really bad session or meal or whatever, don't write off the whole day. Get back on track at your next meal and recover yourself. That way the guilt won't stay with you for long and you won't end up in a vicious circle because you've done it, fair enough, but you're already back on track, so you feel like you're over the hump. Just thought it was good ;)

I like it!!! :D

I am still getting used to eating food after my weekend of small meals and picking so i know i won't have my usual appetite back so i just went for a few of the full fat versions of what I wanted. Even ate a prepacked sandwich at lunchtime, it worked out at 6pp for a plain ham, which really isn't bad at all... had some treble crunch as well. You are dead right about not just writing off a bad week or a bad day but writing off a bad meal... you ate it (more often than not you enjoyed it) the damage is done, after that is damage control.... I have had so many weeks like that so far...

Hiya - 26 is the minimum points per day ;)

The minimum as far as I know is 26. I know I was on 27 when I started then I went down to 26 and have been at that since then...

I would go for the steak too.... im a wagon for a nice bit of medium rare steak... mmmmmm :rolleyes: what I wouldn't give for that now!!! haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Thanks guys!! I find eating out a huge struggle and when I try to point it I end up giving up and writing the whole day off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I am so full at the moment. Ate far too much for lunch.Used a lot of pp but still have 12 left for dinner. Kinda glad I'm so stuffed cos my friend has invited me to a last minute fashion show tonight and there will be nibbles and drinks I have to avoid. Gonna have some fruit before I go me thinks.

Weigh in tomorrow!! 3lbs and im in the 12's - not counting on it for this week but would like to get as close as possible.

Can't stop snacking today, I've only 11 pp left to do me for the rest of the day as a result, and I'm afraid that it'll affect my WI tonight even thought I've been good all week :/

• Advertisement

Okay people! I've just come across someone's goals 'reached' from another site. If this doesn't motivate you, I don't know what will! Look what she's gotten down to!

Look at the 2nd post down, by YummyMummy75 :-)

http://www.minimins.com/weight-watchers-propoints-queries/184520-cheese.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 EveMT

Hi all! Fairly new to the thread and ww pro points system! just wondering if any one can tell me if many people use up their pro points every week or does that generally stop them losing weight ? :S bit unsure whether using some of the weeklies on extra snacks (and treats!!) is just kidding myself!!

Sounds like you've all been doing brilliantly, hope you all see the numbers you want at this weeks WIs!!

Thanks !

EveMT wrote: »
    Hi all! Fairly new to the thread and ww pro points system! just wondering if any one can tell me if many people use up their pro points every week or does that generally stop them losing weight ? :S bit unsure whether using some of the weeklies on extra snacks (and treats!!) is just kidding myself!!

Sounds like you've all been doing brilliantly, hope you all see the numbers you want at this weeks WIs!!

Thanks !

Hi there! I'm new to this thread too- have been in ww since jan though (admittedly it's not my first dalliance with ww!). Ill be interested to hear everyones take on this too. I use most of my weeklies every week, and it hasn't been detrimental to my weight loss- ive lost 2 st since I started. I will say though, that I earn a fair few activity points, which I never use, and I also get extra points for breastfeeding, which again, I don't usually require!

Thanks ck83! Yes I think more activity would help boost the numbers for me, need to try to find more time is all! 2st is amazing well done! yes i tried the original points system last year and lost a stone and a half to reach goalweight of 10st 8pounds but unfortunately put back on a stone so trying to shift it again before summer!

Thanks !

Hi there. Our leader says that statistics show that members who use their weeklies tend to lose more weight than those who don't!

Thats good to hear thanks taz1! feel less guilty about the skinny capa and scone i had earlier then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Thanks !

It's different for everyone really. Some find if they eat more of them, they lose more and for others, its the other way around.

I personally could not live without the weeklies. I like to have a few drinks and nibbles at home on the weekend, it's what I look forward to during the week, so I tend to use most if not all of my weeklies most weeks.

I think it should be a common sense approach too. Like using them every week on really bad food is not going to be good for your body in the long term or your weight loss, but a few treats is ok. They are a lifesaver too if you are going out for drinks or dinner at the weekend.

ck83 wrote: »

Thanks !

Hi there! I'm new to this thread too- have been in ww since jan though (admittedly it's not my first dalliance with ww!). Ill be interested to hear everyones take on this too. I use most of my weeklies every week, and it hasn't been detrimental to my weight loss- ive lost 2 st since I started. I will say though, that I earn a fair few activity points, which I never use, and I also get extra points for breastfeeding, which again, I don't usually require!

Wow! Sounds like you're doing fantastic! Well done :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Hey just a question. Do you think you "need" to eat all your weekly allowance points? And what about the exercise ones?

Im finding it hard to stick to 26 points. I get in some activity most days but have been ill the last few weeks so finding it hard to work them up at the moment.

Thanks

• Advertisement

I think I've been helped along hugely by the bfeeding. To be perfectly honest, I'm kind of afraid to ever stop- I watched a docu called "extraordinary breastfeeding" recently, about all these women who were feeding eight year olds... that'll prob be me!!! :D:D:D Also, i live with my mam, who joined at the same time as me, so we keep each other going... or at least, I've turned into the food police, and keep us both going! I've a fair bit to go yet though... over 3 st... It seems like such a mountain to climb, but I'm determined to get there... hopefully most of the way there, by the time I go back to work in August.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement