Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

messrs wrote: »
    i STS at WI 2nite, but didnt mind, was expecting to be up as i had a confirmation at the weekend and ate lots of junk :eek:
    half pound to go and i will have lost 50lbs! fingers crossed for next week :o

Wow 50 lbs is absolutely amazing! Huge congratulations to you Messrs!! :-D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Bernso wrote: »
    Bummer Kitty, but turn that frown upside down, you WILL see it next week.
    I was up two in a row despite being dead good then down 3.

Least you STS right?
    You're getting there hun, just stick with it!!:)

Two weeks running though and I was all smug and confident before the WI. Fnarg. I just want my gold card ffs you stupid half pound!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

ali85 wrote: »
    thanks for all the replies re: "the problem" so glad to hear other people have either had the same problems or are going through the same... i was mortified bringing it up.... but im glad (although still scarlet haha!)

Its nuts that it is so bad considering how we are all eating and living so well and still our bodies play games with us...

Ali85 - I am behind trying to catch up on posts and also have not posted here for months. Though ever watchful!!

Anyway I suffered with your "problem" and the advice I got was a shot of Prune juice from the fridge. I now take one shot every day. But like that before TOTM I increase to morning and evening. It is very gentle and works. I found tablets actually messed my system up completely where this is actually natural. The one I use is the Sunsweet product. Not cheap - but again if its the difference between .5lb or 1lb loss worth it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

After WI lastnight.... Down 3! :) Got my 10% :)

So now I am at 11st 2lb....

This week is going to be a tough test, going to my dads means eating really rich food and wine etc... so I am going to be really good today and tomorrow morning.... try and be good until Sunday and then maybe dow F&H for a couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

This week is going to be a tough test, going to my dads means eating really rich food and wine etc... so I am going to be really good today and tomorrow morning.... try and be good until Sunday and then maybe dow F&H for a couple of days

I'm about the same weight, always dancing around the 11st mark :D

Haven't been able to exercise this week as my legs were injured but have physio apt this eve so hoping I can undo some long weekend damage by getting back out running and swimming.

I'm off wine for Lent and beer doesn't really agree with me, so I don't even know what I'm going to drink on Paddy's Day! Might be a fairly dry one this year!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Well done ali! That's brilliant!
    Good luck with the weekend, sounds like you have a good plan going anyway.

Still looking for a new housemate which means I cant go to the gym in the evenings cos we have viewings most nights. Gonna try go out for a jog and do my zumba after the viewings tonight, but am having withdrawel. And my losses have slowed down and i really think its down to the drop in excercise. Still losing so still happy! Just wanna get fitter anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Yeah I'm not getting in as much exercise as I should this week either, it'll probably affect my WI next week :( I'll try go for a longer run than normal tomorrow and Sunday and hope for the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Two weeks running though and I was all smug and confident before the WI. Fnarg. I just want my gold card ffs you stupid half pound!

Okay I hear ya, fook that half pound is right!

Well done missus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Down 1.5 pounds so really happy.
    Was expecting to STS after a big night out and having gone up two weeks in a row and then down 3 outta nowhere last week I assumed it'd be a strange one again so delighted!
    4.5 pounds from my reduced goal. BRING ON THE GOLD!!!!!

Going to be semi-good this weekend so hopef be onwards and downwards next week too.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Oh to everyone who was interested in the scone recipe, I made another batch again today using Candarel instead of caster sugar and it worked just as well. I wasn't sure how to point it but I'd say it could knock the guts of a point off each scone! Instead of doing this I made 8 (larger) scones insead of the 12 (small) scones that the recipe is meant to make and kept these 8 scones at 2 pp each due to a significant lack of sugar! What ya'll think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 heffelump80

Hi guys and gals, been silently reading all the posts these last few weeks and thought it was probably time I joined in. I had my WI today and down 3:D Thats a total loss of 13 lbs to date. Still got a long way to go though. Have to say how lovely it is to see that ye are all so inspiring and supportive of each other.

Was just wondering if anyone had any advice on lunches you can get in restaurants that arent going to rob me of my points for the rest of the day. Im not talking about really nice lunches but more the type for if you forget to pack a lunch for work. Im a bit of a featherhead in the mornings :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Just catching up on the final of The Biggest Looser, how great do they all look! I'm very emotional seeing them all =)

Went out last night with the ladies and found out that Supermacs don't do such thing as a small portion of chips, so I HAD to eat the regular portion, of course!! And pointed them at 9pp thanks to MagicMum.com

I know I could have easily said no to them but sure what the heck, i'll make up for it in walking! =)

After another pound down at this weeks weigh in I am now the proud owner of my first stone and second silver 7!!! WOOOP WOOOP WOOOP!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend =) It's a weekend for the weeklies =):D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Whoo Hoo Ali brilliant great feeling isn't it:) well done!
    Taz1 wrote: »
    Oh to everyone who was interested in the scone recipe, I made another batch again today using Candarel instead of caster sugar and it worked just as well. I wasn't sure how to point it but I'd say it could knock the guts of a point off each scone! Instead of doing this I made 8 (larger) scones insead of the 12 (small) scones that the recipe is meant to make and kept these 8 scones at 2 pp each due to a significant lack of sugar! What ya'll think?

sounds about right to me :)

Well I went to WI :) and I lost 1 pound! whoo hoo! I was just hoping for a sts so was delighted! I got my 3rd silver 7 and have 6and a half pounds to go to my 4th one! very happy with that! gas thing was my leader was singing my praises and telling every one how well Im doing she was chuffed as well! Gas she is !!!

Baby75 wrote: »
    Well I went to WI :) and I lost 1 pound! whoo hoo! I was just hoping for a sts so was delighted! I got my 3rd silver 7 and have 6and a half pounds to go to my 4th one! very happy with that! gas thing was my leader was singing my praises and telling every one how well Im doing she was chuffed as well! Gas she is !!!

See always better to go when you think its bad! Never know when you will be pleasantly surprised! Good work hun - glad you got a good old pat on the back about it too :D

See always better to go when you think its bad! Never know when you will be pleasantly surprised! Good work hun - glad you got a good old pat on the back about it too :D

Yep Glad I posted yesterday! and I was thinking today how often that's happened all of us at some stage it was nice getting a pat on the back LOL

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Just catching up on the final of The Biggest Looser, how great do they all look! I'm very emotional seeing them all =)

Went out last night with the ladies and found out that Supermacs don't do such thing as a small portion of chips, so I HAD to eat the regular portion, of course!! And pointed them at 9pp thanks to MagicMum.com

I know I could have easily said no to them but sure what the heck, i'll make up for it in walking! =)

After another pound down at this weeks weigh in I am now the proud owner of my first stone and second silver 7!!! WOOOP WOOOP WOOOP!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend =) It's a weekend for the weeklies =):D:D:D

well done on the second silver 7 :) great feeling!
    Hi guys and gals, been silently reading all the posts these last few weeks and thought it was probably time I joined in. I had my WI today and down 3:D Thats a total loss of 13 lbs to date. Still got a long way to go though. Have to say how lovely it is to see that ye are all so inspiring and supportive of each other.

Was just wondering if anyone had any advice on lunches you can get in restaurants that arent going to rob me of my points for the rest of the day. Im not talking about really nice lunches but more the type for if you forget to pack a lunch for work. Im a bit of a featherhead in the mornings :rolleyes:

If I do have to get lunch out I get a salad put get some sweet chili sauce in a tub so I can control the amount I put on! then you can pick what you want on it, or I would go for a wrap, loads of salad, peppers tomatoes etc again sweet chili sauce and ask for a tiny amount! its never failed me yet! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Baby75 wrote: »
    Good job!

I always check the soup - dont be afraid to ask if they make it with cream? or if its a veg soup what veg are in it so you can count for potato if its in there. Failing that a nice salad with dressing on the side.

ck83 thanks :)

Just caught up with the biggest losser! wow they looked so good! Paula the Irish girl must be small as she was in and around the same weight as the others but she still looked bigger! but still she looked brill and done so well they all did! some amount of weight to lose in not a very big time bracket though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

After two no change weeks i got to the 2 and a half stone lost mark last night...am delighted.:D

del88 wrote: »
    After two no change weeks i got to the 2 and a half stone lost mark last night...am delighted.:D

Well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Missed my lunch time check in on the boards today as met my boyfriend for lunch in the cutest little cafe, had soup and a sandwich was yummy and nice to get away from my desk really broke up my day but had a hella lot of catching up to do when i logged on hehe... so well done to everyone even if i didnt get to thank yere posts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

I missed my daily check in on the boards :eek: I was so busy in work the last couple of days and was working late. So late last night I missed my meeting and WI :mad: But I know this never puts me off. I always have a spare tracker so straight into a new week this week regardless. Hopefully next week it'll be double bubble. That way I won't know how much real damage the weekend did ;)

Busy enough wknd ahead, Paddy's going for dinner with the sister and meeting the OH for a couple of drinks after and then dinner in his sisters house the next day. I'm not a massive drinker so I should be ok!

Lads I'm just after making dinner and for some random reason I put in 2 garlic cloves :o It was only a portion for me, dunno what I was at. It was rotten....I was starving....my mouth tastes like sh*t. Sorry I had to share.....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Down 1.5lb at WI :D Well chuffed. 7.5lb in 7 weeks. Only 8lbs to go to get where I was before I put some of the weight I lost back on :) Only 7lb to 50lb lost (which I had hit last year but never got my certificate so can't wait for that, huge motivator) and 13lb to my 8th silver seven :D

Been mental busy in work all week and extra busy today than other days and just felt like a cheeky takeaway and a couple of drinks tonight so had McDonalds and am having 2 drinks, so almost 20 weeklies gone already but so worth it! Plan to have a tasty spicy chicken salad for dinner tomorrow and Sunday so I can take my few drinkies out of my dailies and on Saturday, going for lunch with the OH :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I have a bit of a dilemma and I was wondering what you girls would do. I'm going on holidays the end of May and I was in Pennys this evening and they have some gorgeous summer stuff. My dilemma is do I buy them now either the size I am or a size smaller, or do I wait til nearer the time? I'm currently doing lots of exercise for toning and losing inches which appears to be working but I'm not sure yet. My mum thinks I should buy them now as they'll probably be sold out but then they could have even nicer stuff then.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Sts at WI tonight after a good week exercise and eating wise. Got in a really bad humour and came home and ate. feel like I'm slowly falling off the ww wagon :-(

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I have a bit of a dilemma and I was wondering what you girls would do. I'm going on holidays the end of May and I was in Pennys this evening and they have some gorgeous summer stuff. My dilemma is do I buy them now either the size I am or a size smaller, or do I wait til nearer the time? I'm currently doing lots of exercise for toning and losing inches which appears to be working but I'm not sure yet. My mum thinks I should buy them now as they'll probably be sold out but then they could have even nicer stuff then.

If you have the money, I would by a few key items or bits you fancy now. If you are optimistic of dropping another size by then (so approximately 10lb give or take, depending on what size you are already), then I would buy the smaller size. If you are already a small size (10/12), I would stick with your current size. Also, if things are a little lose to the point where they don't look bad, I don't think you would mind on holidays. Your hols are more about enjoying yourself so a few bits of clothes being a bit loose, I don't think you will mind (or I know I wouldn't). I would definitely not buy your whole summer wardrobe now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hey all had my WI today STS so happy enough, havnt been to great all week on the food front, stayed in my points but ate alot of junk. Has anyone gone for the deal ww are doing for the next 2 weeks 7 weeks for the price of 7 going to pay for it next week, that way ill have go every week if ive paid in advance:D

• Advertisement

Boop22 wrote: »
    Sts at WI tonight after a good week exercise and eating wise. Got in a really bad humour and came home and ate. feel like I'm slowly falling off the ww wagon :-(

Don't be down or fall off the wagon. You have to remember you are only at this weightloss journey 6 weeks. Weightloss is a marathon not a sprint. You are bound to have weeks where a gain or STS is un-explainable, I have had many of those. You have to keep trucking and keep the end product in sight/mind. Remember why you are doing this, the feeling you will have when you reach goal, the clothes you will be able to wear and the compliments you will get. Remember also, you have lost 11lb in 6 weeks, that is brilliant and is almost an average of 2lb a week. I'll let you say you are losing motivation when you are at this lark the same amount of time has me lol (16 months)!!!! :D Chin up and enjoy your weekend away, don't go too mad (or at least be good with the food and enjoy your pints :))

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement