Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Heres an online free version on the WW Eating Out Guide:

http://milly2306.moonfruit.com/#/eating-out/4550012059

So useful :) prob more so for England but a few for here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Taz1 wrote: »
    Can't stop snacking today, I've only 11 pp left to do me for the rest of the day as a result, and I'm afraid that it'll affect my WI tonight even thought I've been good all week :/

I'm the same came home from work with 15points to use had my dinner and snacking ever since the taste of choc only makes u want more!! Wish I had the magic wand to stop cravings

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

I'm the same came home from work with 15points to use had my dinner and snacking ever since the taste of choc only makes u want more!! Wish I had the magic wand to stop cravings

I find that choc philly on top of a rice cake very good to kick a craving for chocolate!
    Down 1lb tonight and with that my third silver seven, delighted :D

Heard an interesting story tonight relating to the weeklies. One girl was saying that she would usually dip into her weeklies most of the time but last week she didn't use one of them and was up half a pound. then this week when she used all 49, was down 5lb, so just goes to show....

I find that choc philly on top of a rice cake very good to kick a craving for chocolate!

Heard an interesting story tonight relating to the weeklies. One girl was saying that she would usually dip into her weeklies most of the time but last week she didn't use one of them and was up half a pound. then this week when she used all 49, was down 5lb, so just goes to show....

Thats brill well done Hun!!

No fear of using my weeklies I went well over this week should have wi in the mOrning but don't know if I can Face the scales or my leader !!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Well done! Absolutely great going Taz!! :D

About the weeklies I found the same thing - the one week I didn't touch them I put on .5lb which was so disheartening after being so good all week. But since then I've had steady losses of 1-3lbs a week when I use at least half to all my weeklies. If I do alot of exercise I make an effort to eat all my weeklies and so far it hasn't failed me.

Good luck to everyone on upcoming WI's. I'm hoping for at least .5lb tomorrow to get down into 14's for first time in 3 years! Fingers crossed*** :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Heres an online free version on the WW Eating Out Guide:

http://milly2306.moonfruit.com/#/eating-out/4550012059

So useful :) prob more so for England but a few for here :)

Great list. Thanks for sharing :)

I see birds eye chicken burgers are 3PP per burger on that list... eh bargain!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I gave in to the canapés. Had 4 of them, they were just so tiny and I was very hungry. Could taste how bad they were for me. And them cos I hadn't had any dinner and was so late home was still hungry when I got home was starving again. Had a healthy 6pp dinner, lidl fish in batter for 5 with butternut squash chips, salad and xtra lite mayo. Had 12pp left for the day and 20 weeklies so should be ok before WI tomorrow!

On the subject of weeklies I tend to use over half of them everyweek, I like to leave a few on case I have counted anything wrong, or forgotten something so I have a bit of a buffer. And I don't use them just for the sake of it, and try to make the healthiest choices I can while using them! It's been 9weeks and I've had 2 STS which could have been down to TOTM and lost every other week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 EveMT

JudyD wrote: »
    Well done! Absolutely great going Taz!! :D

About the weeklies I found the same thing - the one week I didn't touch them I put on .5lb which was so disheartening after being so good all week. But since then I've had steady losses of 1-3lbs a week when I use at least half to all my weeklies. If I do alot of exercise I make an effort to eat all my weeklies and so far it hasn't failed me.

Good luck to everyone on upcoming WI's. I'm hoping for at least .5lb tomorrow to get down into 14's for first time in 3 years! Fingers crossed*** :)

Well done Judy D thats a great achievement!

Thanks to everyone for the responses about weeklies, I'll keep it in mind! Good luck to all in this weeks WIs!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Boop22 and BaileyPants here's the recipe for the plain scones, they are so good

Makes 12
    Each scone: 2pp

225g self raising flour
    25g low fat spread
    25g caster sugar
    150g virtually fat free plain yoghurt
    2 teaspoons of skimmed milk

Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6. Sift flour into bowl. Rub the low fat spread into the flour until the mixture looks a bit like breadcrumbs, lifting your fingers up high as you rub the fat and flour together to incorporate as much air as possible.
    Stir in the sugar. Stir in the yogurt using a tableknife , mixing to give a soft but not sticky dough that leaves the bowl clean. Add a little cold water to bring the dough together if it seems too dry and isn't clinging together.
    Dust work surface with flour and pat the dough out by hand to a thickness of 2.5cm (1 inch). Cut scones.
    Place on a flour dusted tray then brush the tops of the scones with the milk. Make sure that the milk doesn't drip down the sides of the scones too much, as this can stop them from rising.
    Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes until risen and golden brown.

You can add 40g of sultanas to the mix if you want fruit scones, this will make each scone 3pp.

or fresh raspberries yummy and wont add on any extra pp :)

ck83 wrote: »
    I think I've been helped along hugely by the bfeeding. To be perfectly honest, I'm kind of afraid to ever stop- I watched a docu called "extraordinary breastfeeding" recently, about all these women who were feeding eight year olds... that'll prob be me!!! :D:D:D Also, i live with my mam, who joined at the same time as me, so we keep each other going... or at least, I've turned into the food police, and keep us both going! I've a fair bit to go yet though... over 3 st... It seems like such a mountain to climb, but I'm determined to get there... hopefully most of the way there, by the time I go back to work in August.

how are you finding the extra PP for breastfeeding at you eating the 14 or 7 I'm still BF my baby boy :) I do wonder how I will fair out when we stop and Im on the 26 eeek! lol good luck with your weight loss journey!

Not sure if these are worth the 8 pp but thought I would share any way just in case and any one wants to try them :)http://www.weightwatchers.com.au/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=144851

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Choc philly on rice cakes is Yum. I think I'm slightly addicted at this stage though. Doesn't help that the stuff is only a euro in the shops. Lol :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Baby75 wrote: »
    [QUOTE=T

how are you finding the extra PP for breastfeeding at you eating the 14 or 7 I'm still BF my baby boy :) I do wonder how I will fair out when we stop and Im on the 26 eeek! lol good luck with your weight loss journey!
    I actually don't really use any extra points Baby75- I usually stick within my usual dailies and my 49 weeklies. That said, ive got 36 dailies, so it's not too much of a struggle. As ive said before, it makes me afraid to stop bfeeding!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Can't wait to try this Choc Philly ye're all raving about! Sounds yummy! I am missing the niceness of chocolate BIG TIME! Hadn't a great weekend so been busy being good since - fingers crossed for myself & the rest of us this week! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hey all,

Had Jamie Oliver pollock fishcakes for dinner last night and they were quite tasty - although I enjoy the Lidl haddock ones just as much and they are a lot cheaper!!

Anyway, I had the box out in the recycling before I remembered to point them -aaaaaaahhh! Anyone know anything about them?

Must see if I can find the NI online ...

ck83 wrote: »
    I actually don't really use any extra points Baby75- I usually stick within my usual dailies and my 49 weeklies. That said, ive got 36 dailies, so it's not too much of a struggle. As ive said before, it makes me afraid to stop bfeeding!

How much weight do you lose per week:) they say aim for 1 pound to 2 pounds a week its OK to have the odd higher amount lost in a week,but for milk supply and quality it better to lose 1 per week! gee I sound like a broken record LOL can ya tell I've been telling my self this a lot LOL
    In saying that Im happy with my weight loss so far! I Have a good way to go though! 3 to 2 and a half stone! I will get there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

[Quote=Baby75;77567592

How much weight do you lose per week:) they say aim for 1 pound to 2 pounds a week its OK to have the odd higher amount lost in a week,but for milk supply and quality it better to lose 1 per week! gee I sound like a broken record LOL can ya tell I've been telling my self this a lot LOL
    In saying that Im happy with my weight loss so far! I Have a good way to go though! 3 to 2 and a half stone! I will get there![/Quote]

At the start I "pulled a few big numbers" (spot the biggest loserism!)- but I think that's normal enough at the start of any weight loss programme! My average now is about 2.5 lb. I figure that I'm actually eating so much more healthily since I started ww, and since I usually use a few of my weeklies every day (therefore increasing my daily calorie intake). It shouldn't affect my milk supply. I also look at the size of my "little" bundle, and realise that there couldn't be much wrong with my supply!
    Having said all that, I've Never gotten the ww bfeeding leaflet. - I'd love a nosey through it! Must remind my leader at tomorrow's weigh in!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

some lovely recipes there folks! Going to make those scones for DEFINITE!!!! maybe go with some blueberrys.... :)

I was really good yesterday. I knew my appetite wouldn't be great as im still getting over being sick so i had used full fat milk, butter and mayo yesterday just to bulk up a bit. Went on the Wii fit for 45 mins last night... Jogging etc... have WI tomorrow, but this morning I did my usual of stepping onto the scales to try and track my progress.... I almost collapsed! it said 11st 1lb... that has me down 4lbs! I know i shouldn't really trust it, because lets face it, its first thing in the morning and its not the same scales as WW but its some motivation to get my backside moving today.... Has me in great mood for the day :)

Up 1......balls!!!!!!! So p***ed off with myself!!and there is nothing to blame but pure greed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

ali85 wrote: »
    some lovely recipes there folks! Going to make those scones for DEFINITE!!!! maybe go with some blueberrys.... :)

I was really good yesterday. I knew my appetite wouldn't be great as im still getting over being sick so i had used full fat milk, butter and mayo yesterday just to bulk up a bit. Went on the Wii fit for 45 mins last night... Jogging etc... have WI tomorrow, but this morning I did my usual of stepping onto the scales to try and track my progress.... I almost collapsed! it said 11st 1lb... that has me down 4lbs! I know i shouldn't really trust it, because lets face it, its first thing in the morning and its not the same scales as WW but its some motivation to get my backside moving today.... Has me in great mood for the day :)

Be careful with losses from when you are sick. Whenever I have been sick, I had a good loss that week and then a gain the following week that was undeserved. I would blame loss of fluids during sickness but I don't really know the reason. One time I was down 4.5lb and the following week was up 2lb. So the real loss was 2.5lb over 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Have my WI today and feeling pretty good for some reason. The dress I am wearing today is definitely looser than it was last time I wore it. Am worried about false confidence but am hoping for a good WI tonight. Have lost half a pound in the last 2 weeks, so just want a little boost tonight.

Good luck with the WI's this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 ghartley

I am hoping someone can help me, I have lost nearly 2 and a half stone doing weight watchers, however i seem to have gotten stuck at this weight.I am sticking to my propoints and dont seem to be gaining just cant lose anymore. I still have about a
    half stone to a stone to lose.Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ghartley

dammitj wrote: »
    Hey all,

Had Jamie Oliver pollock fishcakes for dinner last night and they were quite tasty - although I enjoy the Lidl haddock ones just as much and they are a lot cheaper!!

Anyway, I had the box out in the recycling before I remembered to point them -aaaaaaahhh! Anyone know anything about them?

Must see if I can find the NI online ...

they are 4 each

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭marvilly

Just pointed these as we are gettin pizza this evening.... 9pp for all the 7inch ones that have real chicken

brilliant news...at last a low point fast food!:Dthanks ali85! just wondering where you got the nutritional information? we got a menu through the letter box but it wasnt on it... that's a great 9pp!! I couldnt find any info on it (or on any menu we've got?)...are these available in stores or on the website?:)

ghartley wrote: »
    I am hoping someone can help me, I have lost nearly 2 and a half stone doing weight watchers, however i seem to have gotten stuck at this weight.I am sticking to my propoints and dont seem to be gaining just cant lose anymore. I still have about a

wow!that's amazing!sooo well done!:Dhow long have you stayed the same for? they say the last half stone is the hardest and longest to lose by a mile! :rolleyes: but keep focused on the fantastic loss!!

or fresh raspberries yummy and wont add on any extra pp :)

trying these for sure... Im sure they'd freeze okay? thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

ghartley wrote: »

I got stuck in a bit of a rut like this recently, its soooo annoying isn't it! Especially when you're being good. What I did was I changed my diet a bit as in stopped having the same things for dinner, then I also made a more concious effort to drink more water, also changed my breakfast to a more filling and healthy option (from banana on toast to 2 weetabix), and then tried to exercise more. If you're already exercising more you should probably alter your form of exercise as your body may have gotten used to it.
    I hope this helps?

Monife wrote: »
    Be careful with losses from when you are sick. Whenever I have been sick, I had a good loss that week and then a gain the following week that was undeserved. I would blame loss of fluids during sickness but I don't really know the reason. One time I was down 4.5lb and the following week was up 2lb. So the real loss was 2.5lb over 2 weeks.

yea that's kinda what I was thinking alright. I'm very very wary of that amount. Just seems waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too good to be true!!!! Don't get me wrong I would be absolutely thrilled with that... like the skinny cow that jumped over the moon... but I think I would land with some whallop if I believed it! haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Hey all,

Quick question. I've been going to WW for the past 4 weeks but can't attend my meeeting this week.

Will I be charged twice next week?

I know some people in my class go every second week but I think I was charged twice before when I did WW years ago and missed a few consecutive classes.

marvilly wrote: »
    Just pointed these as we are gettin pizza this evening.... 9pp for all the 7inch ones that have real chicken

brilliant news...at last a low point fast food!:Dthanks ali85! just wondering where you got the nutritional information? we got a menu through the letter box but it wasnt on it... that's a great 9pp!! I couldnt find any info on it (or on any menu we've got?)...are these available in stores or on the website?:)

I got it on the 4 star pizza website. http://www.fourstarpizza.ie/skinny-pizzas/ just click on the one you like and it has the nutritional info for each on that.... :)

Enjoy!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Was in aldi 2day...its rhubarb season again!!! They hav it 4 1.29 which is a steal!!! Rushing home to stew it!!! Yum yum yum

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement