Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

tubbydave wrote: »
    thanks for the warm welcome folks...

ps my other half who started ww a week before me has just made a new pudding which is 7pp;

half a tub of choc Philadelphia (melted)
    throw in some chopped strawberries
    and 4 chopped mini meringue nests from morrisons

and stir the lot well

she said it was absolutely delicious

im also a little concerned as i said the first time i went to ww was on tuesday night and they have given me 51 points which i feel is a bit excessive and i dont think im going to lose weight eating that many points??? :confused:

That computer knows its stuff- if I said 51, then 51 you shall have- as the pounds melt away, so will the points. I think I started on 40- at the time I thought it was loads, but I managed to use them nonetheless!
    Good luck!
    Ps- I will defo be trying out that choc philly desert!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Casher

Well Guys, today I thought I'd try phase 2 of weight loss, and add a bit more exercise to my life. At the moment I'd only work up about 5 exercise points a week, and all that by walking at lunchtime. So this morning when I woke up I tried Level 1 of the 30 day shred. Got about half way through and had to skip to the end to the cooldown. My god I'm unfit. My legs feel a bit like jelly and I didn't even do much!! Ah well, will just have to try again tomorrow and keep trying until it is easy to do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Hey everyone hope ye are all enjoying the bank holdiay weekend.

Well I haven't posted here in weeks, but I have been checking in regularly to see all the progress you are all doing so well.

So I'm still very much on the WW wagon but I tell you getting rid of this last bit of weight is getting so so hard. I've followed the plan religiously I've done all the things I normally advise other people to do and still had nada for a number of weeks in a row!

I had 3 weeks of STS then I lost a lb then put up a lb and all for no good reason. 3 weeks ago I thought right enough is enough I can't keep at this and 5 weeks later be no better off so I've dropped down my points and thankfully so far it's working. I was down 2lbs the first week a lb last week and another lb this week

I'm now 10st 11lb's i'm 4lbs from my original goal weight but realistically I want to get down to 9st 9lb or 11lbs so that I have a few pounds as a buffer.

I guess the reason I'm posting is to just say to anyone that's having a tough time keep the faith, I did no matter how bloody frustrating it was, I worked the program, I changed my foods around, I increased exercise and I didn't binge or fall of the wagon in any way even though I felt like it and even though I was getting all that STS then the lb off and then a bloody lb back up. I didn't post here about it because (a) I didn't want to be a moaning mini and (b) and no offense here ladies and gents but most of the posters here have only started in the last few months so having a 5 week plateau is not really the same as a one or two week blip, alot of the oldies don't post any more and as I'm now 14 months into this journey I needed to just work through it myself. I didn't want to be dragging the oldies down with me either even though I know some of you have hit walls yourselves.

I'm 38lbs down now and so so happy about it I'm nearly about to break out of the 150lb bracket and get 40lbs gone. I've said it umpteen times and I'll say it again - this is a marathon not a sprint and it is for the long haul the weight didn't go on overnight and it won't fall off overnight either. I'm lighter now than I ever remember being before and I actually feel and look so much better than ever (sorry if that sound's conceited I don't mean it to at all!) My brain has finally caught up with my body and when I look in the mirror now I actually believe and can see i've lost those 38lbs and it feels great.

All the 1/2 lb losses really add up and even with all those STS I've had to endure over that 14 months I've still managed to get that much weight off.

Oh and if anyone is wondering how I dropped points. I earn about 15- 18pp per week through exercise mostly running and a little bit of resistance work (but i've been doing that since week 1). I eat max 30 weeklies per week and monday to Thursday eat 26pp a day rather than my 29 and that seems to have shocked my body into action. I've decreased 'treats' from my PP allowance and increased my protein and my fruit intake so hopefully it continues to work!

Maggie May I loved your post re STS = some time soon. It really made me smile and is actually very very true!

Enjoy the bank holiday weekend, and to all the mammies out there have a lovely mammies day tomorrow! Go have a little treat ye deserve it!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Just want to wish you all a Happy St. Patrick's Day!! Don't think I'll be drinking today so I won't be doing too much damage...however tomorrow with Mothers Day, I bought my mam some chocolates from Marks and Spencers and I'm sure I'll indulge in a few ;):o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Hi,

I was looking through my purple pocket guide and it says that 15g of peanut butter is 3pp and 15g of reduced fat peanut butter is 2pp. I presume the differences between whole fat and reduced fat relates to the amounts of oil and salt and sugar added to them. I'm after buying 100% peanut butter today - no salt, no sugar, no oils - I saw them make it in front of me - just pureed peanuts. Does this constitute as the reduced fat kind? I don't eat it very often at all but it'd be nice to have it as a once in a while treat on toast.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

i can't stop eating!! arg!!

since tuesday....just can't stop. went out for dinner, which used all my weeklies, and then since then it's like "oh sure one of those won't hurt" and it turns into 2 and so on...

soo frustrated with myself!

think it could be down to my TOTM, hungry all the time!

i keep telling myself "im 4.5 under my goal, it's ok if i gain a little" but i know if i see a plus on the scales its so hard to get back to normal!!

anyone ever felt like this??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

cosmic wrote: »
    Hi,

I was looking through my purple pocket guide and it says that 15g of peanut butter is 3pp and 15g of reduced fat peanut butter is 2pp. I presume the differences between whole fat and reduced fat relates to the amounts of oil and salt and sugar added to them. I'm after buying 100% peanut butter today - no salt, no sugar, no oils - I saw them make it in front of me - just pureed peanuts. Does this constitute as the reduced fat kind? I don't eat it very often at all but it'd be nice to have it as a once in a while treat on toast.

Thanks!

Nope the fats are from the peanuts themselves. They are healthy fats and nothing to worry about. certainly avoid nut butters with added sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

menoscemo wrote: »
    Nope the fats are from the peanuts themselves. They are healthy fats and nothing to worry about. certainly avoid nut butters with added sugar.

Thanks for the reply! I'll just point them at 3 so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Confession time. Went out for earlybird with the OH tonight. Caesar salad to start (not too bad), beer battered fish and homemade chips (very very bad, but was in Howth and it just had to be done... yum) and then shared a warm chocolate brownie and vanilla icecream for dessert. Topped off with almost a full bottle of wine to myself (he was driving...) and now at home nibbling crisps and having more drinks together seeing as he couldn't have a drink in the restaurant. Had already used 35 of my weeklies before I went for dinner today so it is safe to say i'll be up this week :( Really really really hope i'm not (praying for a STS). It is so hard for me to lose even a small amount of weight (and i've loads left to lose, over 5 stone), so gaining anything is such a set back and I gain it so easily :(

Hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend. I have to say I am really enjoying mine (even though I have been so bold WW wise) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hi Kay. Nice to hear from one of the "oldies" :) On the WW wagon 16 months so similar to yourself :) Totally agree with you about the plateau's and sts and gains!! That happened me so much last year and I think that is what made me fall off the wagon. Had 52lb lost (120lb in total needed to lose) and then the yoyo-ing started with up 1, down 1, sts blah blah and fell completely off the wagon with my wedding and everything and gained 16lb between August and December. Have lost 7.5lb in the last 7 weeks though so really happy about that and think I am pretty much back on track now (5 stone 7lb to go though)... Apart from this weekend, was/am being very bold as seen from the post above... just really hoping for a STS or even just a 1lb gain. Glad to see you're losing again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Am out drinking, was so good but just had loads of Doritos and have the worst craving for garlic cheese chips!! Hardly ate anything today, hasn't even touched my weeklies til I dipped into the Doritos! Feeling so guilty but also so hungry. How many pp in Doritos?

Monife wrote: »
    Confession time. Went out for earlybird with the OH tonight. Caesar salad to start (not too bad), beer battered fish and homemade chips (very very bad, but was in Howth and it just had to be done... yum) and then shared a warm chocolate brownie and vanilla icecream for dessert. Topped off with almost a full bottle of wine to myself (he was driving...) and now at home nibbling crisps and having more drinks together seeing as he couldn't have a drink in the restaurant. Had already used 35 of my weeklies before I went for dinner today so it is safe to say i'll be up this week :( Really really really hope i'm not (praying for a STS). It is so hard for me to lose even a small amount of weight (and i've loads left to lose, over 5 stone), so gaining anything is such a set back and I gain it so easily :(

Hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend. I have to say I am really enjoying mine (even though I have been so bold WW wise) :D
    I hear ya. Was for dinner earlier with my mam. She wanted a starter, so I got one- totally unplanned- golden (deep flipping fat fryers always make things nice and golden) Had a relatively respectable main, but when the mothership suggested sharing a desert, I nearly bowled her over with a look, as I explained that I don't share desert. I'll have my own thank you very much. So that's my weeklies left fairly scarce!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Thanks Monife :) you've been doing really well lately & hey you went out with that lovely hubby of yours & enjoyed your food so don't ruin it by feeling guilty the line is drawn start afresh tomorrow & go for an extra walk tomorrow or Monday - it won't undo the damage but will make you feel better & let's be honest there's worse things you could have had! Fresh fish in howth is a must! :) enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Tiny penguin - eat something you'll feel woeful tomorrow if you don't! As for Doritos they're my snack of choice a 30g multi pack bag of chilli heat wave Doritos is 4pp 35g is 5pp :) nom!

Well this will be the first week in 7 weeks I've ate/ drank all my weeklies! Had to be done though paddys day & mammies day is but once a year! I'm taking my mum & grandmother out tomorrow I'm looking forward to it & saying no to dessert Ive only 12 weeklies left! Some leg of lamb & a glass of red will take care of those! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

Hi ladies can i join this thread please? Joined back weight watchers two weeks ago for my forth time :o i am ok at loosing weight keeping it off is the hard part! I left my ww pocket guide in work on Friday so i just wanted to get something confirmed? Is a vodka and tonic really only 2 points? And what would you give a Captain Morgan with a full fat fanta? I know a normal can of fizzy used to be 3 points i think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Kay great to see you here again :) I have eaten nearly all of mine as well :) haven't done that since chirstmas! think the wii will be my best friend and Im trying to find a Zumba class I can do during the week as well, my one on a Monday is not on because of the bank holiday :) dam it any way!

Monife I agree with Kay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Hi ladies can i join this thread please? Joined back weight watchers two weeks ago for my forth time :o i am ok at loosing weight keeping it off is the hard part! I left my ww pocket guide in work on Friday so i just wanted to get something confirmed? Is a vodka and tonic really only 2 points? And what would you give a Captain Morgan with a full fat fanta? I know a normal can of fizzy used to be 3 points i think?

An English measurement of spirt is 2pp (25ml) in Ireland our single measure is 33ml so its 3pp.

A captain Morgan is 3pp, a 330ml can of fanta would be 4pp

See here for more drinks pp:

http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/p/whats-point.html

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

We got a Chinese last night but decided before we got it that it was not going to be ott just enough to fill me up and enjoy it.

We ordered for two so got one rice, one chips, chicken curry, salt and chilli wings and lemon chicken (i don't eat that)

When we got home I weighed out:

130g of chips: 10pp
    60g of boiled rice: 3pp
    Picked out the chicken from the curry: 5pp
    Poured 4 tea spoons of sauce all over it: 3pp
    4 chicken wings: 12

Really enjoyed my controlled fun hehe washed down with diet coke!!

Ended up getting dominos last night. Had 2 slices of pepperoni, 7pp each and half a garlic pizza bread which I pointed at 7, the book said 7 but didn't say if that was for the whole thing or half. Still have 15 weeklies left so don't feel too bad for it and def less hungover! Back on the wagon today and will be super strict! Hope everyone had a good paddys day!

Ended up getting dominos last night. Had 2 slices of pepperoni, 7pp each and half a garlic pizza bread which I pointed at 7, the book said 7 but didn't say if that was for the whole thing or half. Still have 15 weeklies left so don't feel too bad for it and def less hungover! Back on the wagon today and will be super strict! Hope everyone had a good paddys day!

You're right about the g.bread. I've checked the nutritional info on the dominoes website- 7 for half. The ww book falls down on that- some of the points are for full servings(garlic pizza bread, wedges), but some are for full servings (chicken strippers). They're all yum though. Well worth a few weeklies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 EveMT

cosmic wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks!

Hi cosmic, not sure if this really answers your question but i recently read an article in a health food mag and they claimed that peanut butter is very nutrious as it is high in healthy fats however the reduced fat version takes away all these good fats so really you're better off using the extra point and knowing its better for you! as the peanuts naturally contain oils and these fats i wouldn't say the homemade version would be too different points wise but not too sure!
    Hope that helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

well ladies, back in Dublin. Confession time for me too...

Went down to my dads and had 4 pint bottles of Bulmers light (not sure of the pp on them) and I had a huge steak... didn't eat the potatoes that came with it, and had no sauce but lots of mushrooms and onions and carrots.

Then yesterday morning, it was a Daddy Special breakfast... 2 sausages, 1 slice of fried bread, bacon and a fried egg. really tasty but not exactly WW friendly.

Myself and the OH took a walk around Gorey yesterday though, so that could have helped a little bit.... yesterday evening watching the rugby I had a burger (although I only ate half the bun) and about 5 chips. I just drank diet coke and water yesterday because I was driving...

It felt so strange eating that kinda stuff... i know i hit into my weeklies and I am counting them as all gone now... back on the wagon today seen as I am back in Dublin. I know I went overboard and I didn't make the best choices, but I didn't pick during the day so hopefully that helped me to some extent! haha! A quick check of the scales this morning showed me that I am teetering around 11st 1lb and 11st 2lb so not too much damage for the moment... and feck it if there is some! I had a great time!!! its only one weekend!!!

The way i see it is, this WW thing is for the long run, it's going to happen tht I am in situations where WW/ healthy alternatives aren't going to be around so the best thing for me to do is deal with it the best I can and just make up for it in other ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Went out for a meal in a Mexican Restaurant last night and was terribly bold, made reasonably okay choices food wise but had starters, main course and dessert :eek: I never usually have all three, usually just the main! I did contribute 15 dailies and 40 weeklies to it however, so I'm hoping it didn't go over 55 points! Also went for a good 25 minute run today and Friday, and was good leading up to and after it food-wise, so fingers crossed.... Very proud that I didn't touch a drop of alcohol all weekend either! :) Good luck to all with their WIs this week.

I've been so bold today! Can't stop eating. Had 3 hobnobs, a bagel with real butter and blue cheese. Had already had poached eggs and a slice of bread for brekkie and there is beef still coming for dinner. Def over my weeklies this week! Just weighed myself and I'm a pound down from last WI but am sure that will change by Tuesday. Fingers crossed for a STS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Following the theme of confessions I have no dailies and 8 weeklies left and going to Eddie Rockets and the cinema this evening. My DH sprung it on me to treat me on my 1st mother's day but as I wasn't expecting it I've no points saved. :eek:

Have filled up on rice cakes, philly & smoked salmon (yum!) so I'm not starved. Has anyone any suggestions as to what won't break the propoints bank at eddie's?

I've 15 exercise points earned and will go to zumba class tomorrow to make some amends for this weekends transgressions but would prefer not to use them if possible.

Happy Paddy's Day + Mother's Day everyone! :)

JudyD wrote: »
    Following the theme of confessions I have no dailies and 8 weeklies left and going to Eddie Rockets and the cinema this evening. My DH sprung it on me to treat me on my 1st mother's day but as I wasn't expecting it I've no points saved. :eek:

Have filled up on rice cakes, philly & smoked salmon (yum!) so I'm not starved. Has anyone any suggestions as to what won't break the propoints bank at eddie's?

I've 15 exercise points earned and will go to zumba class tomorrow to make some amends for this weekends transgressions but would prefer not to use them if possible.

Happy Paddy's Day + Mother's Day everyone! :)

Here's a link for the propoints of most of the things ya can get at Eddies
    http://www.beaut.ie/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6211&start=480
    I normally spend 29 pp there by getting a tenders basket and mayo. I points for the tenders and fries in the basket as if they were on their own, even though they'd probably point as less coz its a meal deal kind of thing so therefore smaller portions, but I do that just to be on the safe side. Enjoy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Taz1 wrote: »
    Here's a link for the propoints of most of the things ya can get at Eddies
    http://www.beaut.ie/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6211&start=480
    I normally spend 29 pp there by getting a tenders basket and mayo. I points for the tenders and fries in the basket as if they were on their own, even though they'd probably point as less coz its a meal deal kind of thing so therefore smaller portions, but I do that just to be on the safe side. Enjoy! :)

Thanks a mil Taz - Really saving my bacon here!! :D Think I might go for buffalo wings & sauce for 8pp or maybe treat myself with fudge brownie for 9pp - would never have thought that costs less points than a chicken caesar salad!!

Did anyone get the ww magazine this month? There were some yummy recipes. This weekend I made Chocolate Forest Fruit Cupcakes (3pp each) and White Chocolate, Pineapple & Banana Loaf (4pp a slice) - both were absolutely yummy and explain where quite a few of my weeklies went! I can post up the recipes if anyone wants them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Did anyone get the ww magazine this month? There were some yummy recipes. This weekend I made Chocolate Forest Fruit Cupcakes (3pp each) and White Chocolate, Pineapple & Banana Loaf (4pp a slice) - both were absolutely yummy and explain where quite a few of my weeklies went! I can post up the recipes if anyone wants them. :)

I'm almost drooling reading that!! Please post the recipes!!! :D

Thanks a mil Taz - Really saving my bacon here!! :D Think I might go for buffalo wings & sauce for 8pp or maybe treat myself with fudge brownie for 9pp - would never have thought that costs less points than a chicken caesar salad!!

Glad I could help! Their fudge brownies are amazing! Oh yeah I got the ww magazine haven't made them but both caught my eye, would definately love to try em! I really look forward to the magazine each month it has some great recipes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Hello all - hope ye all enjoyed the weekend! :)

Oh, to all of ye that recommended the Choc Philly, all I can say is 'Damn ye!' and 'God Bless Ye!' :D:p;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

twirlagig wrote: »
    Hello all - hope ye all enjoyed the weekend! :)

Oh, to all of ye that recommended the Choc Philly, all I can say is 'Damn ye!' and 'God Bless Ye!' :D:p;)

We bought some of that in Gorey yesterday... my OH is a self confessed chocoholic so he couldnt wait to try it. Tescos have a deal on at the moment... €1 for either the big pot or the 4 small ones... Needless to say we got both! haha! I wanted the 4 small pots so i can be gaurenteed that im only using 2pp worth hahaha!

Hope you all had a lovely mothers day... I got spoilt rotten.... :) and thankfully the only chocolate i got was a 5 pack of curly wurlys... :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement