Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

WI tonight and I am verrrry nervous. I've become very disheartened the last month as I'm struggling to shift the last few pounds to get to goal; have either STS or put on weight... I did eat out twice this week but totally took account for that, using half of my dailies each time and giving all of my weeklies towards the two occasions (even though I know they wouldn't have used all my weeklies). Haven't exercised as much as I would have liked to but have been drinking at least 2 litres of water every day. Even made a conscious effort to change up my foods. I've tried really hard so I'll probably feel ready to give up if there's no improvement on the scales tonight! :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I had a bit of a bad weekend. Half pound to goal and I don't know if I'm going to make it.

I was a bit to erratic with food and neglected to track. I don't think I'm too far into the 49 but I can't tell really now. I had dinner out on Friday and some wine. And of course, as usual I forgot all about my water. Urgh.

Immaculate tracker for the rest of the week now and lots of blimmin water.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Taz 1 don't give up!! I'm in the exact same position, struggling to lose the last 5 lbs. In fact i would saw that losing this last half stone has been harder than losin the other 13.5 stone. But I just keep looking back at how far I've come and it gives me the motivation to keep going. I was reading in a ww magazine a few months ago that the last half stone is a psychological barrier, that we tend to sabotage ourselves by easing off on tracking or exercising. I'm determined not to let that happen, and to stop putting myself under pressure of I must lose 1lb this week or I will be at goal by such and such a date. You've done so well so far, you just need to have faith in yourself that you can do it, it might be taking a little longer than we would like but just imagine stepping on the scales the day that "this member has reached goal" comes up on the screen! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hi tiny, I felt like that last week but still lost 2 pound very unexpectedly. What I did was drank some serious amount of water. A lot more than what i wud normally have. Maybe give that a try?! Have u stepped on the scales to see if you have lost?

Stepped on my parents scales last night and it showed me up 2lbs. If that shows on the scales tuesday I will be so upset. I have been so good. I weigh out everything before I cook it. I generally eat about half of my weeklies. My exercise has been down the past few weeks cos I have been so busy but I have been extra careful with food. I just feel bloated and crap.

mcb81 wrote: »
    Taz 1 don't give up!! I'm in the exact same position, struggling to lose the last 5 lbs. In fact i would saw that losing this last half stone has been harder than losin the other 13.5 stone. But I just keep looking back at how far I've come and it gives me the motivation to keep going. I was reading in a ww magazine a few months ago that the last half stone is a psychological barrier, that we tend to sabotage ourselves by easing off on tracking or exercising. I'm determined not to let that happen, and to stop putting myself under pressure of I must lose 1lb this week or I will be at goal by such and such a date. You've done so well so far, you just need to have faith in yourself that you can do it, it might be taking a little longer than we would like but just imagine stepping on the scales the day that "this member has reached goal" comes up on the screen! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

mcb81, thanks so much for your post, it really made me sit back and think. It really encouraged me to focus on the positive rather than the negative :) I've adapted a much healthier lifestyle for good and have learned so much. I had heard that the last few pounds are always the hardest to shift but I still thought that it was all my fault that they weren't being shifted, and have been getting annoyed at myself as a result! I guess we'll get there eventually! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Just had a sneaky look on the scales this morning, it has me UP 2 and a quarter pounds!

ANNOYED!

I'm not due TOTM until tomorrow week =(

I hopped on wearing trackie bottoms and a big hoodie, I'm gonna be in denial and put it down to the weight of my clothes!

I have exercised SO much this week and drank my daily share of water, i'll be so disappointed if i'm up tomorrow night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Well although I have made good choices since my WI last week, I have neglected to track. What is wrong with me, I know that I'm only codding myself if I don't track coz how can you know what points you've had. Must measure & focus. Sigh..

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Just had a sneaky look on the scales this morning, it has me UP 2 and a quarter pounds!

ANNOYED!

I'm not due TOTM until tomorrow week =(

I hopped on wearing trackie bottoms and a big hoodie, I'm gonna be in denial and put it down to the weight of my clothes!

I have exercised SO much this week and drank my daily share of water, i'll be so disappointed if i'm up tomorrow night!!

don't worry I am 2lb up if I weigh in with my Pajamas on :) lol I have a hoody and tracksuit that make me gain 4lb.

i am a serious scales hopper, morning and night so could nearly tell you what clothes weigh what :P

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hollee

Im the same with the scales.....love tarmenting myself! Cant help but have a look first thing in the morning.

Does anyone know how much the WW food scales are and if they're any good? The digital one I have is starting to give up on me!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

I'm almost embarrassed to post in here, despite the best of intentions I completely over indulged this weekend but I really enjoyed it so all I can do is forget about it and move on, have been very bad today though so seriously need to cop on!

Anybody any ideas of PP value of long island iced teas? (almost afraid to find out tbh!)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Long Island Ice Teas are 7pp (According to SkinnyDolls' Blog)

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Taz1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much the WW food scales are and if they're any good? The digital one I have is starting to give up on me!!

I dunno about the WW one but if you're looking for a new digital one, I only got one on Friday on offer in Tesco for €12. It's a good one too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I have a salter one for the past year from Argos, was only a tenner too.

The WW ones are €50 and WELL not worth the money in my opinion.

Ugh girls. Feeling depressed, knew I shouldn't have stepped on the scales, feel real bloated and scales has me the same (TOTM was 10 days ago :(). And I was good at the weekend and have exercised twice so far and going to Zumba tonight. Really was hoping for 1-2lb loss this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

I got a digital kitchen scales in Tesco €14.99 last August, and its perfect, I would not pay extra for the ww brand although I think it can work out your points as an extra feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Monife wrote: »
    I have a salter one for the past year from Argos, was only a tenner too.

The WW ones are €50 and WELL not worth the money in my opinion.

Ugh girls. Feeling depressed, knew I shouldn't have stepped on the scales, feel real bloated and scales has me the same (TOTM was 10 days ago :(). And I was good at the weekend and have exercised twice so far and going to Zumba tonight. Really was hoping for 1-2lb loss this week :(

+1 on the Salter one. That's the one I have and it's great!

Ok Monife pep talk! Don't be depressed your doing great as always. You the very one who is always reminding us that our bodies choose to do as they please when they want to and they don't run to our schedules! So today was you got on the scales (y'all gotta stop doing that!!) and today your body aint feeling great or playing ball. Who's to say your not retaining fluid etc etc and tomorrow you could get up on it and be down that 2 once your body decides it's ready. If you know you've done all the right things....food, exercise etc it will show when it's good and ready. If you've put the work in then you know it. Loads of water and keep on plan and you'll get over the blip! Zumba will help boost the mood :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Was havin a great day until my dad decided to clean up the kitchen and hid my pass 2 my kettlebells class but by the time we found it it was 2 late to go because its a good 20mins away....i was livid and its just ruined my mood....part of me feels like chocolate would make it all better!!!lol *bold*bold*bold*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 EveMT

Just back on weightwatchers after a year off and disappointed to find put back on a stone as well as struggling with new pro points system!

Joined September '10: 11st 13 and 1/2 pound
    December '10: 10st 10 pounds (GOAL WEIGHT FOR 5'5" :D )
    Febraury '11: 10st 5pounds

March '12: 11st 7pounds

Really disappointed in myself but if i did it once i can do it again! really motivating to read all your stories and how well your doing!

So had another good day! Still have 2pp left, had a chicken beast and a huge portion of homemade veg curry for my dinner. (curry was at most 2pp). Already had some chocolate this afternoon so no idea what to use the last 2 for. Am tempted to just leave them but I know you are meant to eat all your allowance every day! I feel lost!

Hey tiny, maybe a yoghurt or a couple of slices of ham? I'm always doing it straight from the fridge, my fav (its good protein, good snacking, fuller for longer!) or a couple of biccies and a cuppa lol!

• Advertisement

Speaking of which, anyone else tried the WW Chocolate Digestives. I'm not usually a big WW product buyer but these are really worth it for only 1pp each. I always have a rich tea or something like that with a cuppa in the evening. These are like a proper treat....well more than a rich tea :)

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Hey tiny, maybe a yoghurt or a couple of slices of ham? I'm always doing it straight from the fridge, my fav (its good protein, good snacking, fuller for longer!) or a couple of biccies and a cuppa lol!

Never have anything like ham in cos I get breakfast and lunch free in work but used to love a slice or 2 of ham as a snack. Ended up having a bag of velvet crunch.

Have tried the choc digestives and I think they are lovely. I like that they are thinner than regular digestives cos they seem chocolatier!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

wow starving today, managed to stay with in points though have enough to have some fruit and yogurt :) yummmy!

I'm looking for some nintendo wii games any one try the zumba one! thinking of getting it! I know some one got some recently! how are you getting on!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

+1 on all the stupid scales moves...

Am due TOTM around now... (not the most regular...) but when i got on the scales this evening.. up 2!!!!! not happy!! granted i had just had my dinner but i have used 18 weeklies and earned 24 activity pp.

what do yas think ladies.... am i messing up again... ???

.......After all my worrying and possibly the most nerve wrecking que for the scales, was down 3 this week, so so so happy!!! :D Good luck to every1 else with their WIs during the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

ali85 wrote: »
    +1 on all the stupid scales moves...

Am due TOTM around now... (not the most regular...) but when i got on the scales this evening.. up 2!!!!! not happy!! granted i had just had my dinner but i have used 18 weeklies and earned 24 activity pp.

what do yas think ladies.... am i messing up again... ???

U should never weight yourself just after you eat, thats probably where your gain was from. Dont get yourself down, your probably down alright!!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Well did my Davina vidoe last night and have my yoga class today. Hopefully my lack of tracking won't come back to haunt me at WI this week - Eeek! ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

.......After all my worrying and possibly the most nerve wrecking que for the scales, was down 3 this week, so so so happy!!! :D Good luck to every1 else with their WIs during the week!

Well done, great loss girl!:)

Bernso wrote: »
    Well done, great loss girl!:)

Thanks Bernso, absolutely delighted :D Definitely feeling more motivated now!

• Advertisement

Anyone know how many pp in 30g of dried mango? Just fancied a snack and it was either that or chocolate - so figure even if its higher in pp its healthier for me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement