Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

leahyl wrote: »
    Thanks a mil Ali85 - with the gym workout - I calculated it as 50 mins high intensity so I got 3pps for that but even with that I was still 2 points over - so took 2 pps from the weekly allowance.

I thought it was great at the start cos thought 29pps was a load but soon realised that a lot of the things that I thought would be low arent!

Thats good about the ham - 1pp for 2 slices you say...! Maybe I'll try that instead of tuna tomorrow with lunch - bit of variety!

I'll keep checking in here for tips :-)

Thanks again :-)

No problem Leahy... the advise u to use up as many of the weeklies as you feel you need. Some people use them all and still lose... I generally use about half of them. there are loadsa things you can substitute... i use the low low spreadable cheese when im having wraps or sambos.. ya get the cheesey taste from your sambo without the need for butter or mayo...

Or try prawns in your stir fry instead of the boring aul chicken. the tesco light choices sauce range are great too... my lot love the sweet and sour one and its so much nicer than the WW one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kellygalway

Anyone any suggestions foe a sauce for a stir fry? I've used pesto with bit of skim milk added and its lovely, just fancy something different tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Monife you are my twin!! I swear I have been sick 5 times since last October! I am always sniffling and coughing and splurting these days! and our sleep is the same to, funny thing is i never ate better than i do now, the fruit and veg has gone from none a day to def over the 5 a day. #mystery!

Yeah it is such a mystery. I used to eat loads of processed crap and drink full fat fizzy drinks. Now I drink at least 2L of water in work before I get home and over 5 portions of fruit/veg a day. Granted the exercise hasn't been that great the last 6 months, but I am wondering is that down to feeling tired all the time and the mystery that is my life the last 8 months.

Going to go to a health shop on the weekend and see what they recommend, really need to try and get a handle on this!! We are so busy in work at the moment too and can't afford to take any more sick days. Took a half day this morning because I felt so bad but I can imagine it is panic stations in work because I am not in!! Can't even relax on the morning off, just got out of bed there to get ready and feel like I could sleep the day away :(

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

ali85 wrote: »
    No problem Leahy... the advise u to use up as many of the weeklies as you feel you need. Some people use them all and still lose... I generally use about half of them. there are loadsa things you can substitute... i use the low low spreadable cheese when im having wraps or sambos.. ya get the cheesey taste from your sambo without the need for butter or mayo...

Or try prawns in your stir fry instead of the boring aul chicken. the tesco light choices sauce range are great too... my lot love the sweet and sour one and its so much nicer than the WW one.

Hi Ali,

Are these light choices stir fry sauces?? How many points per pack? I would really love a sweet and sour or szechaun with chicken/beef and rice but when I pointed the uncle Bens jars of sauce I was shocked :eek: so have stayed away from them. If you have any lighter options that'd be great.

Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Anyone any suggestions foe a sauce for a stir fry? I've used pesto with bit of skim milk added and its lovely, just fancy something different tonight?
    I made 1 last fri night with lime ginger garlic and soy and barely a tsp of cornflour to get it cling to the noodles....it was major yum!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hi Ali,

Are these light choices stir fry sauces?? How many points per pack? I would really love a sweet and sour or szechaun with chicken/beef and rice but when I pointed the uncle Bens jars of sauce I was shocked :eek: so have stayed away from them. If you have any lighter options that'd be great.

The blue dragon stir fry sauces that come in the little sachets are pretty good. I know they do a szechuan that if i remember correctly is around 2pp per serving (would need to double check that) but they are lovely.

I usually just go with soy sauce, lime juice and chopped corriander - and add garlic ginger and chilli to the actual stir fry - very refreshing combo!

Hi Ali,

the light choices sauces are in jars. They are only 1 euro odd... they have loadsa different types. As for stir fry sauces our leader was telling us that the blue dragon sauces are really good value. I think the Black Bean one is only 2pp....

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

the light choices sauces are in jars. They are only 1 euro odd... they have loadsa different types.

Thanks for that. Have you any idea how many pp in the jars on average? I think when I pointed the uncle bens one it was about 13pp per jar :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Thanks for that. Have you any idea how many pp in the jars on average? I think when I pointed the uncle bens one it was about 13pp per jar :eek:

Not sure bout the jars you are asking about, but in general tomato based sauces are lower the bolagnse ones are about 4pp per jar, I have started making my own for very little points :)

the sweet and sour one is 2pp for 1/4 of a jar... the tikka and the korma are the same. they work out about 10pp per full jar, but they make loads!!! The pasta sauce is a bit cheaper and it has a value of 1pp per quarter jar.... that works out at 5pp for the full jar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Thanks Ali85 - must definitely try those tesco sauces you speak of!

Not having a bad day today now - just after my 30 min walk and going spinning tonight so will have more than enough exercise today!

Had a lovely wholemeal bagel for lunch with 3 slices of ham;) and a bit of low fat cheese spread, a skim of mayo, and lettuce and peppers and cumcumber - delish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

I use whites potatoes... (they are the really good value in Aldi!) I either get one medium ones or get a large one and chop them into wedges and weigh them out to make sure they are around the 150g mark... i put them into a bowl and shake salt and black pepper over them and shake them up. Tonight i shook some curry powder over at the same time. then spray the tray and then spray the wedgies and stick them in the oven @ 200 for about 15 or 20 mins... turn them once or twice to get them nice and crispy...

For the mayo i use 1 tablespoon of light mayo and a half a teaspoon of garlic granules and a smll shake of parsley.

For my garlic bread i got them muffins from aldi... already cut and just 3pp each! Total steal! i mix a teaspoon or so of low fat spread with a half teaspoon of garlic powder/ granules and some parsley and stick them in the oven with the wedgies for about 10 mins. Because of the way the muffins are (loadsa holes and stuff in the bread) you only need a small bit of the butter.

I always used to get the 20 yoyo deal out of Pizza Hut, you know... large pizza, wedgies, garlic bread with cheese...the works.... now i am just more careful of what I do... im still having loadsa goodies just being careful with my choices.

LOVE IT ALli. Deffo trying this the weekend. will report back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Just bought the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD. It was reviewed by a WW member in this month's mag so said I'd give it a go! Hope it doesn't take too long to arrive! Will let ye know what it's like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Yea it was me Baby75.... I got Wii Fit Plus & My Fitness Coach dance work out. they are brilliant. The wii fit plus is really good. It has all the exercises that the original wii fit has but has extras like a calory counter that you can work to each day....

The My Fitness Coach Dance work out is AMAZEBALLS!!!! you really feel like you have had a work out. There is the dancing obviously (loadsa different styles) and then there is cardio boxing which is great.

I have been working my backside off the past few days. Tonight... not so much... on the verge of TOTM and with the football on and then all my shows I just needed a veg night. I would definitely recommend the games. I got them from Play.com for 20 yoyo each and they have free delivery. Took about a week to arrive but i ordered on a Friday evening.

Thanks so much Ali going to have a look :) I was looking at the Zumba one but think I rather do a class get me out of the house! but want some other ones for the nights I cant get out! :)
    Hey guys - trying to follow the WW pro points thing but I find I run out of daily points v quickly? All I had today was porridge with semi skimmed milk and honey, then fruit and a little natural yogurt for break, for lunch 4 ryvita and small tin of tuna, tsp Mayo, sliced tomato peppers, onions, cucumber and half bowl of cully sully tomato soup.

Did have a mini mcvities bar :-P which I pointed - 3pps

Then for dinner had salmon and 2 scoops of mashed potato and veg and a little Mayo on the salmon

That was all my points!! Went to the gym for an hour so I figured I was able to have a small bowl of bran flakes just there

I don't know it just seems that a lot of foods are v high in points even though they might be good for you?!

I don't feel like I'm getting enough food!

Are you using any of your weeklies, I always have loads of fruit as well love the fact its free, I have wraps with either chicken or ham, salad some sweet chili sauce ( love the stuff) or I make some pasta for lunch usually aim for a 6 to 9 pp lunch
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    I really don't think I'm going to make my half pound this evening. I'm around the same on my home scales so I'll either be STS or up a bit. Damn.

Worst thing is I'll probably get on my own scales tomorrow morning and my efforts for the past three days will show, but it'll be after my WI.

flip.
    Ah well. Onwards.
    Don't you just hate that! it will show though, I keep saying I should go on a Wednesday morning I always have a a better weight loss then, every Wednesday I'm down a good bit but it weird it goes up a bit on a Thursday :P go figure LOL but like you said onward and downwards! oooh and I hope it shows for you tonight!
    ShindyB wrote: »
    @ Baby75

I go to Zumba and I love it! It can be hard to get the steps but it comes with time. Just keep moving and shaking your hips and you'll fit right in! Zumba toning on the other hand....as Miley would say 'Well Holy God'! It's not as fast but you're using weights and doing loads of squats and lunges. Had to go for a muscle soak bath after it last night but I feel GREAT today! And I'm starting to see the toning effects thank God. I would highly recommend both classes!

Enjoy!
    Thanks Shindy, I'm going to start to night one on at 7pm to 8pm I will let you know how I get on! LOL
    Hi Ali,

Try this its sweet and sour chicken http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaQtGRLa3no

I sometimes use some soy sauce, chinease 5 spice some fresh garlic and ginger makes a lovely Stiryfry sauce, add some sweet chili if you like as well

I some times used the Sweet and Sour jars, I pointed it as 2 per person was I wrong!!!

I will admit it in a former life I was a Tayto, I could eat them for breakfast dinner and Supper and never get sick of them have had one bag in six months, had a vegetarian lunch today (only cause I and pulled random crap from the fridge while rushing for work)

so here I am half 3 tea break decided to go to the shop for taytos as i have 8pp left with dinner pointed n i couldnt even eat half a bag.. they just dont taste right!!

EDIT: Ps a bag is 6 fricken points I had always thought they were 5!! n that was bad enough but 6!! I feel robbed.. ps i ate the bag

What would you pick from the al le carte menu on here?

http://www.venuestrandhill.ie/restaurant-menus-strandhill/

k ladies tonight is WI... am dreadin it... TOTM around the corner and there is no easy way of saying this so im just going to come out with it.... im not exactly regular..... if ya get me drift....

This is driving me bananas.... This can only cause me more agro especially with TOTM....

I am eating so well and drinking loadsa water... anyone else having the same problem??

Im morto even sayin it... (well typing it... ) but im just hoping that someone is having the same trouble as me....

Pasta Sicilian looks good lisa_celtic and it wouldn't be that high in points I'd imagine as it's tomato based sauce with a bit chicken. Sounds nice though:)

Other than that maybe a fish dish and then if you're having a starter - soup or something (once it's vegetable) - that's if you're watching what you're having of course

If not then I'd go for the steak:pac:

Baby75 wrote: »

Are you using any of your weeklies, I always have loads of fruit as well love the fact its free, I have wraps with either chicken or ham, salad some sweet chili sauce ( love the stuff) or I make some pasta for lunch usually aim for a 6 to 9 pp lunch QUOTE]

Thanks a mil Baby75 - yeah i want to hold onto my weeklies if I can so I can have a few treats at the weekend but I've already taken 2 yesterday...anyway still 47 left:D

Must try that sweet chilli sauce too - are there much points in it?

I like soup so must try and make my own again - no point soup like.

k ladies tonight is WI... am dreadin it... TOTM around the corner and there is no easy way of saying this so im just going to come out with it.... im not exactly regular..... if ya get me drift....

This is driving me bananas.... This can only cause me more agro especially with TOTM....

I am eating so well and drinking loadsa water... anyone else having the same problem??

Im morto even sayin it... (well typing it... ) but im just hoping that someone is having the same trouble as me....

yes me!!!! normally I would at most be up 0.5 when due totm actually in the past I would not gain at all, but as they are 46 days between them lately! I think that's why I was showing a 1. 1/2 up last week!

• Advertisement

I'm the same as you Ali - mine has been coming for the past week and a half and its driving me mad with my weight. For the first time in my life I want to just get it now and get it out of the way so I can get on track.

Am being super good food wise - drinking loads of water but still cant shake the bloated/lazy feeling. I feel your pain!

Baby75 wrote: »

Are you using any of your weeklies, I always have loads of fruit as well love the fact its free, I have wraps with either chicken or ham, salad some sweet chili sauce ( love the stuff) or I make some pasta for lunch usually aim for a 6 to 9 pp lunch QUOTE]

Thanks a mil Baby75 - yeah i want to hold onto my weeklies if I can so I can have a few treats at the weekend but I've already taken 2 yesterday...anyway still 47 left:D

Must try that sweet chilli sauce too - are there much points in it?

I like soup so must try and make my own again - no point soup like.

Off the top of my head I cant remember but think 2 tablespoons is 1pp I will have to check later

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Oh girl I am sooo in the same boat!!!iv beey dyin 2 bring this up 4 awhile now, but never really knew how to bring it up!!!lol I'm eatin loads of fibre, drink S**T LOADS of water and my ahem, eh, movements, are all over the place!!!! Its crazy annoying!!!!1 day I'm grand and the next day I'm totaly, eh, backed up!!! And it makes me feel really bloated and jus fat basically!!!lol tried drinkin slim-a-tea 4 awhile but it didn't really work :(

are you going for 1 or 2 courses

The starters look ok: depending on the soup if its a non creamy veg one you could go for that and forgo the bread. Fishcakes are ovenbakes so could be a healthy option. Or the prawn salad just ask for the marie rose on the side.

For mains - the salmon or the sea bass with a baked potato (just watch the size of it). Or go for the fillet steak - ask them what weight it is so you can track it. Also you may be able to get a side salad instead of the potato or just go for the baked potato

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Danii86 wrote: »
    Oh girl I am sooo in the same boat!!!iv beey dyin 2 bring this up 4 awhile now, but never really knew how to bring it up!!!lol I'm eatin loads of fibre, drink S**T LOADS of water and my ahem, eh, movements, are all over the place!!!! Its crazy annoying!!!!1 day I'm grand and the next day I'm totaly, eh, backed up!!! And it makes me feel really bloated and jus fat basically!!!lol tried drinkin slim-a-tea 4 awhile but it didn't really work :(

I read recently that this is a great fiber supplement that helps aide digestion. I know its stocked in Boots in the UK so hopefully it's stocked in Ireland too. Gonna get me some too ;)

http://www.boots.com/en/Benefiber-Powder-155g_46640/

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

I went to McDonalds today and had some of their sweet curry sauce, just wondering if anyone knows how I should point it?

I've trawled the internet and haven't found anything, i'd like to put a pp on it rather than letting it slip!!

Danii86 wrote: »
    sue z wrote: »
    I read recently that this is a great fiber supplement that helps aide digestion. I know its stocked in Boots in the UK so hopefully it's stocked in Ireland too. Gonna get me some too ;)

http://www.boots.com/en/Benefiber-Powder-155g_46640/[/QUOTE]

Phew!!! Im glad i brought it up now... im SCARLET!!!! Tried taking senna... but ehhh no show.... :( I have to be careful about other supplements I take coz I am on warfarin and you would be surprised the stuff I can't take because of it... (like lemsip... like come on!!! :rolleyes: ) Bought a bottle of orange juice this afternoon and thought that would do great things... then i saw there was 3pp in the small bottle!!!! it was like drinking a can of coke... so i just drank more water...

Im exactly like you dani... i really can't understand it at all... so between that and this blasted TOTM coming around I am going to be lucky if i hold onto my stone this week.... Heading for WI in a few mins and not lookin forward to it AT ALL!!!

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    I went to McDonalds today and had some of their sweet curry sauce, just wondering if anyone knows how I should point it?

I've trawled the internet and haven't found anything, i'd like to put a pp on it rather than letting it slip!!

3pp may be!!! just a guess though!

Cliodhna26 wrote: »

according to the eating out book the curry sauce is 1pp.... so not too bad at all... i love it! its DELISH!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Well... STS

Flipping hen this weekend. Just have to concentrate on the fact that I can wear a short dress and show off my slim legs. Going to bring bananas and oatcakes with me so I don't get too hungry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement