Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Tiny Penguin and West Wing and Everyone else congrats on the losses, we will get there slowly but surly and have fun along the way :)

Just had rotten fish and spuds i over cooked the fish and under cooked the spuds, first bad meal on weight watchers lol and it was my own fault! :P

Having my curly wurly and a can of pepsi max wathing Eastenders, Fair City, Supersize vs super Skinny and Gypsie Weddings trash tv.. my god id love another dinner haha

That scarily sounds exactly like my evening.....then I'm on to Geordie Shore after all that :) I'm desperate for trashy tv

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    That scarily sounds exactly like my evening.....then I'm on to Geordie Shore after all that :) I'm desperate for trashy tv

Last week we had the biggest loser in there to, but the soccer is on tonight! The big finale next week though!!

I'l be in bed after Gypsie Weddings, I work 9-6 and find it very draining I don't know any other adult that needs as much sleep as me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Nesie wrote: »
    I've just ordered one of those new skinny pizza's from four star....i've been craving pizza since last week and am now giving in. hope it's nice

it's all within my dailies plus today's activities points so no real harm done...:D

I got the chicken fajita 7inch one... OMFG!!! 9pp... its gorgeous!!!

because im an awful picker and can't have pizza on its own, I made 3pp worth of wedgies and made my own garlic bread with low fat spread and the 3pp muffins from aldi and made my own garlic mayo with the low fat mayo.... my plate was stuffed... 17pp altogether.

Tiny Penguin and West Wing and Everyone else congrats on the losses, we will get there slowly but surly and have fun along the way :)

Just had rotten fish and spuds i over cooked the fish and under cooked the spuds, first bad meal on weight watchers lol and it was my own fault! :P

Having my curly wurly and a can of pepsi max wathing Eastenders, Fair City, Supersize vs super Skinny and Gypsie Weddings trash tv.. my god id love another dinner haha

nothing worse than the dinner going bum about boob! haha!

I couldnt decide what i wanted tonight... just wanted something comforting... so with 16pp left I made home made wedgies which i put curry powder on n stuck in the oven, had some low fat coleslaw in the fridge and made myself a gorgeous toasted sambo with the Ardagh low fat cheese from aldi... OMFG soooooo tasty... and coz I had the wedgies and coleslaw it felt like a proper meal....13pp... with TOTM around the corner it was the best 13pp i have spent in a long long time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Another 2 pounds down @ weigh in this evening bringing me to 0.5 a pound away from my first stone!

Determination and motivation are at their highest

=)

• Advertisement

ali85 wrote: »

I couldnt decide what i wanted tonight... just wanted something comforting... so with 16pp left I made home made wedgies which i put curry powder on n stuck in the oven, had some low fat coleslaw in the fridge and made myself a gorgeous toasted sambo with the Ardagh low fat cheese from aldi... OMFG soooooo tasty... and coz I had the wedgies and coleslaw it felt like a proper meal....13pp... with TOTM around the corner it was the best 13pp i have spent in a long long time! :D

Sounds yummy I love curry cheese chips so them flavors blow my mind hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Last week we had the biggest loser in there to, but the soccer is on tonight! The big finale next week though!!

I'l be in bed after Gypsie Weddings, I work 9-6 and find it very draining I don't know any other adult that needs as much sleep as me :P

I find I am tired all the time. I do not know what is wrong with me. Got full bloods done in my doctor a month ago and they all came back fine. I am usually in bed by 9.30/10 and asleep by 10.30/11 max on work days and luckily enough I have flexi time but lately I have been coming into work between 9-9.30am. I moved to a new apartment 8 months ago and for some reason I think it is causing my tiredness. In my old apartment (was there for a year), I was full of energy, in work for 8am, exercising 5 times a week minimum and I was heavier too. I also was only sick twice in that year (suffer from a bad immune system and weak chest so would usually be sick 2-4 times a year). In the 8 months I have lived here, I have been sick 6 times and I even feel like I am coming down with something now and I was only sick 3 weeks ago. Don't know what to do. Tied into a lease until June aswell :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Monife wrote: »
    I find I am tired all the time. I do not know what is wrong with me. Got full bloods done in my doctor a month ago and they all came back fine. I am usually in bed by 9.30/10 and asleep by 10.30/11 max on work days and luckily enough I have flexi time but lately I have been coming into work between 9-9.30am. I moved to a new apartment 8 months ago and for some reason I think it is causing my tiredness. In my old apartment (was there for a year), I was full of energy, in work for 8am, exercising 5 times a week minimum and I was heavier too. I also was only sick twice in that year (suffer from a bad immune system and weak chest so would usually be sick 2-4 times a year). In the 8 months I have lived here, I have been sick 6 times and I even feel like I am coming down with something now and I was only sick 3 weeks ago. Don't know what to do. Tied into a lease until June aswell :(

God, ya poor thing Monife! That is odd, maybe coming into the Summer months things will get a bit better for you... bright evenings and all that! Hope things improve for you :)

Monife wrote: »

Monife you are my twin!! I swear I have been sick 5 times since last October! I am always sniffling and coughing and splurting these days! and our sleep is the same to, funny thing is i never ate better than i do now, the fruit and veg has gone from none a day to def over the 5 a day. #mystery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

I got the chicken fajita 7inch one... OMFG!!! 9pp... its gorgeous!!!

because im an awful picker and can't have pizza on its own, I made 3pp worth of wedgies and made my own garlic bread with low fat spread and the 3pp muffins from aldi and made my own garlic mayo with the low fat mayo.... my plate was stuffed... 17pp altogether.

hi Ali,
    Can you tell me how you make and point your wedgies and what do ya add to the lowfat mayo and muffins to garlic them up? Garlic paste or powder?
    Thanks a mill, sounds scrummy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Audi driver

well done everyone on all d losses!!!:-) fair play to ye, ye really spur me on and keep me motivated!! last week I lost 3.5lbs, I was on holidays the week before so really I lost that over the 2 weeks! this week Im feeling like the weight loss has really slowed down, weigh in 2mro and I dont feel like I have lost anything! I know the closer we get to goal the harder it is so putting it down to that!Ive lost 1st 11 so far! I am bridesmaid in October and were getting fitted soon for the dresses, scared that Ill put weight on before the wedding and the dress wont fit me!!! half thinking of getting it a size bigger incase!!! why is it when we lose weight we only half believe that we'll stay this way!! anyway sorry for the rant! keep the advice and stories coming, its great to read about how others are getting on x

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sammey1

Hi guys just logged on now,been following your comments and tips been back to ww AGAIN was a gold member now 11lb above my target but i cant shift it its a 0.5 up and 0.5 down for the last 3 weeks any tips would be very greatful

well done everyone on all d losses!!!:-) fair play to ye, ye really spur me on and keep me motivated!! last week I lost 3.5lbs, I was on holidays the week before so really I lost that over the 2 weeks! this week Im feeling like the weight loss has really slowed down, weigh in 2mro and I dont feel like I have lost anything! I know the closer we get to goal the harder it is so putting it down to that!Ive lost 1st 11 so far! I am bridesmaid in October and were getting fitted soon for the dresses, scared that Ill put weight on before the wedding and the dress wont fit me!!! half thinking of getting it a size bigger incase!!! why is it when we lose weight we only half believe that we'll stay this way!! anyway sorry for the rant! keep the advice and stories coming, its great to read about how others are getting on x

I know, this thread is great AudiD! I'm similair in that I've lost 1st 10 and I've a wedding too in October! Not bridesmaid but still hoping to be a new woman by that stage! :o Keep up your good work and believe in yourself! One of my big helps at the mo is stuck on my fridge - a photo of myself when I was bridesmaid back in 2003! I want to be that girl again! :( Touch wood folks! :)

twirlagig wrote: »
    I know, this thread is great AudiD! I'm similair in that I've lost 1st 10 and I've a wedding too in October! Not bridesmaid but still hoping to be a new woman by that stage! :o Keep up your good work and believe in yourself! One of my big helps at the mo is stuck on my fridge - a photo of myself when I was bridesmaid back in 2003! I want to be that girl again! :( Touch wood folks! :)

Thanks Twirlagig for the positive reinforcement! this thread is brilliant! I must look for a photo of me showing the girl I want to be again, maybe that will help to keep me completely motivated, I know I have to expect a sts or a + at some stage, hoping though it wont be for another while!! tomorrow night will be interesting!!ha! x

Thanks Twirlagig for the positive reinforcement! this thread is brilliant! I must look for a photo of me showing the girl I want to be again, maybe that will help to keep me completely motivated, I know I have to expect a sts or a + at some stage, hoping though it wont be for another while!! tomorrow night will be interesting!!ha! x

I know! I WI on Wednesdays too! Yeah, even though I get slightly sickened when I look at that pic, it's still a massive encouragement for days ahead. 2 months in and I have to say this week has been the hardest :( I'm a divil for weighing myself every day, according to my own scales I was 1 down this morning, but I go up & down like a yoyo! :D We'll see tomorrow, eh? Good Luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Just wanted to share, I was down 5 lbs on my 1st WI :) Delighted with this start and hope it continues! Thanks 2 all 4 advice and support x

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

sue z wrote: »
    Just wanted to share, I was down 5 lbs on my 1st WI :) Delighted with this start and hope it continues! Thanks 2 all 4 advice and support x

Wow! Well frigging done that's amazing! Keep it up!

Just back from zumba toning. My thighs. My poor f*cking thighs!!! Won't be able to walk tomorrow but feels good if you know what I mean?!

I know! I WI on Wednesdays too! Yeah, even though I get slightly sickened when I look at that pic, it's still a massive encouragement for days ahead. 2 months in and I have to say this week has been the hardest :( I'm a divil for weighing myself every day, according to my own scales I was 1 down this morning, but I go up & down like a yoyo! :D We'll see tomorrow, eh? Good Luck :)

Im the exact same, weigh myself weigh too much!!best of luck tomorrow, let me know how you get on! I feel like this week was the hardesr too!!

Im the exact same, weigh myself weigh too much!!best of luck tomorrow, let me know how you get on! I feel like this week was the hardest
    too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hey guys - trying to follow the WW pro points thing but I find I run out of daily points v quickly? All I had today was porridge with semi skimmed milk and honey, then fruit and a little natural yogurt for break, for lunch 4 ryvita and small tin of tuna, tsp Mayo, sliced tomato peppers, onions, cucumber and half bowl of cully sully tomato soup.

Did have a mini mcvities bar :-P which I pointed - 3pps

Then for dinner had salmon and 2 scoops of mashed potato and veg and a little Mayo on the salmon

That was all my points!! Went to the gym for an hour so I figured I was able to have a small bowl of bran flakes just there

I don't know it just seems that a lot of foods are v high in points even though they might be good for you?!

I don't feel like I'm getting enough food!

• Advertisement

Bernso wrote: »
    hi Ali,
    Can you tell me how you make and point your wedgies and what do ya add to the lowfat mayo and muffins to garlic them up? Garlic paste or powder?
    Thanks a mill, sounds scrummy :)

I use whites potatoes... (they are the really good value in Aldi!) I either get one medium ones or get a large one and chop them into wedges and weigh them out to make sure they are around the 150g mark... i put them into a bowl and shake salt and black pepper over them and shake them up. Tonight i shook some curry powder over at the same time. then spray the tray and then spray the wedgies and stick them in the oven @ 200 for about 15 or 20 mins... turn them once or twice to get them nice and crispy...

For the mayo i use 1 tablespoon of light mayo and a half a teaspoon of garlic granules and a smll shake of parsley.

For my garlic bread i got them muffins from aldi... already cut and just 3pp each! Total steal! i mix a teaspoon or so of low fat spread with a half teaspoon of garlic powder/ granules and some parsley and stick them in the oven with the wedgies for about 10 mins. Because of the way the muffins are (loadsa holes and stuff in the bread) you only need a small bit of the butter.

I always used to get the 20 yoyo deal out of Pizza Hut, you know... large pizza, wedgies, garlic bread with cheese...the works.... now i am just more careful of what I do... im still having loadsa goodies just being careful with my choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Ali was it you who got the Nitendo wii games?, were was it again and how are you getting on!

Monife that's a weird one isn't it, may see can you get your hands on a tonic or bee pollen its great at naturally boosting your energy, did they check your hormones levels I'm sure they did! hopefully as some one else said with the summer coming in it will improve.

I'm am so cold today, thought a hot shower might help! frigging water was cold! my lovely daughter left the hot tap on! Im nearly sitting on the fire all evening! watched a bit of Zumba and tried it out so I'm warm now :)

going to go to a zumba class tomorrow! is it hard!

Well done on all the losses this week! I'm so hoping for a nice 1 to 2 pounds but any thing down will do!

Ok got to got a baby wanting some attention! :)

leahyl wrote: »
    Hey guys - trying to follow the WW pro points thing but I find I run out of daily points v quickly? All I had today was porridge with semi skimmed milk and honey, then fruit and a little natural yogurt for break, for lunch 4 ryvita and small tin of tuna, tsp Mayo, sliced tomato peppers, onions, cucumber and half bowl of cully sully tomato soup.

Then for dinner had salmon and 2 scoops of mashed potato and veg and a little Mayo on the salmon

That was all my points!! Went to the gym for an hour so I figured I was able to have a small bowl of bran flakes just there

I don't know it just seems that a lot of foods are v high in points even though they might be good for you?!

I find the pro points system a lot better when you get the hang of it. Try pointing some of your favourite things and working them into your diet. Salmon is quite high in pp compared to the likes of Haddock which is just 2pp for a fillet. The lightly dusted fish fillets in aldi (they have haddock, cod and sole maybe more... are only 4pp each) or try only having 1 scoop of mash and filling up with more veggies... Things like ham now only being 1pp for 2 or 3 slices.

PP are worked out on the whole nutritional value now as opposed to just Kcal and fat. Seems that the more protein rich the foods are the better pp value they are...

This thread is brilliant for picking up tips. Im on week 9 now and this has been invaluable.

Baby75 wrote: »
    Ali was it you who got the Nitendo wii games?, were was it again and how are you getting on!

Yea it was me Baby75.... I got Wii Fit Plus & My Fitness Coach dance work out. they are brilliant. The wii fit plus is really good. It has all the exercises that the original wii fit has but has extras like a calory counter that you can work to each day....

The My Fitness Coach Dance work out is AMAZEBALLS!!!! you really feel like you have had a work out. There is the dancing obviously (loadsa different styles) and then there is cardio boxing which is great.

I have been working my backside off the past few days. Tonight... not so much... on the verge of TOTM and with the football on and then all my shows I just needed a veg night. I would definitely recommend the games. I got them from Play.com for 20 yoyo each and they have free delivery. Took about a week to arrive but i ordered on a Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

leahyl wrote: »

I find the pro points system a lot better when you get the hang of it. Try pointing some of your favourite things and working them into your diet. Salmon is quite high in pp compared to the likes of Haddock which is just 2pp for a fillet. The lightly dusted fish fillets in aldi (they have haddock, cod and sole maybe more... are only 4pp each) or try only having 1 scoop of mash and filling up with more veggies... Things like ham now only being 1pp for 2 or 3 slices.

PP are worked out on the whole nutritional value now as opposed to just Kcal and fat. Seems that the more protein rich the foods are the better pp value they are...

This thread is brilliant for picking up tips. Im on week 9 now and this has been invaluable.

Thanks a mil Ali85 - with the gym workout - I calculated it as 50 mins high intensity so I got 3pps for that but even with that I was still 2 points over - so took 2 pps from the weekly allowance.

I thought it was great at the start cos thought 29pps was a load but soon realised that a lot of the things that I thought would be low arent!

Thats good about the ham - 1pp for 2 slices you say...! Maybe I'll try that instead of tuna tomorrow with lunch - bit of variety!

I'll keep checking in here for tips :-)

Thanks again :-)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I really don't think I'm going to make my half pound this evening. I'm around the same on my home scales so I'll either be STS or up a bit. Damn.

Worst thing is I'll probably get on my own scales tomorrow morning and my efforts for the past three days will show, but it'll be after my WI.

flip.
    Ah well. Onwards.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I really don't think I'm going to make my half pound this evening. I'm around the same on my home scales so I'll either be STS or up a bit. Damn.

Worst thing is I'll probably get on my own scales tomorrow morning and my efforts for the past three days will show, but it'll be after my WI.

flip.
    Ah well. Onwards.

You'll get there Kitty! If not tonight then another night soon. Chin up now, you've done amazing!!!:D

@ Baby75

I go to Zumba and I love it! It can be hard to get the steps but it comes with time. Just keep moving and shaking your hips and you'll fit right in! Zumba toning on the other hand....as Miley would say 'Well Holy God'! It's not as fast but you're using weights and doing loads of squats and lunges. Had to go for a muscle soak bath after it last night but I feel GREAT today! And I'm starting to see the toning effects thank God. I would highly recommend both classes!

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Das Kitty really hope you get the last half pound off- you're doing brilliant :)

Today is the start of a new WW week and more importantly a new me- am toying with the idea of not eating bread for a couple of days (a massive downfall for me) just to get rid of the bloated feeling I have had for the last couple of days (due to excessive eating :o ) My aim is to get to the weekend and have some then as I find weekends tough going anyway so this would be a reward as such without going too mad!

Fingers crosesed!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Das Kitty wrote: »

flip.
    Ah well. Onwards.

Ah you'll get it one way or another. Don't forget you're in it for the long haul, so if it takes a few extra weeks it doesn't matter. When you do get there and you look back, you won't care how long it took, because you'll have gotten to where you want to be and that's the achievement, not the time it took ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement