Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

ali85 wrote: »
    Wow! well done on all the losses folks! there are some great numbers this week! Think its coz so many of us had TOTM over the past 10 days! ha!

for the people who didn't lose.... stay on track.... its not the end of the world... its so easy to put up on the pro points system.... but whats great is its such a sustainable programme that you will be back on track in no time....

I have a plan for the next few months.

My friend is getting married at the end of june.... and her hens is on in may. So i have worked out 14 weeks to the hens and 20 weeks to the wedding so my plan is 1lb a week until the hens I will be down to 10st 9.5lb and if I carry that over til the wedding I will be down to 10st 3.5lb and within touching distance of my goal. Any extra losses will be just that...extra.... Dont get me wrong I would love the scales to say -5lbs every week but I want to be realistic.... My OH has told me he will pay for me to go and get my hair done when I get my stone... as a treat so its all the little things...one step at a time!

What are the goals you girls are working towards???

Best of luck, you can do it!! I've exactly 37lbs to go until I reach goal, and I've 37 weigh-ins until my wedding!! A pound a week would do me grand ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

It would b so much easier if someone would lock the door to the kitchen!! Snacking is my killer!!

Haha yea I know I'm a snacker too!!! I'm only happy when I'm muching....
    I find with the 26 ya can't snack tho:( But if your smart ;) I always have to leave 2 or 3 for something in the evening when I'm at my worst. I also used to have my fruit with my lunch like straight after but now I leave it an hour or so, that way it bridges me between meals more and I never thought I'd do it but carrott and cucumber sticks....like I said always munching. When I'm not talking :p

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Boop22 wrote: »
    Has anybody else tried the couch to 5k programme? I completed the 1st week of it yesterday. I thought it was supposed to get easier but yesterday was a killer. :confused: I got through it though and am starting week 2 on Sat, let's hope I get through it!!

Hiya Boop22, I completed the couch to 5k last year.. It was tough and I hated every second lol.
    I thought once I finished the 5k run something in me would spark and I would love running but it never happened for me.

I did it to challenge myself, once I knew I could do it I never ran again!

Might sound crazy to others but I didn't enjoy it, I gave it my best and decided it wasn't for me!
    Just my my feelings on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Hi - great reading through all the losses... Felt like something bad from the cupboard, but said NO, I'll have a look at the WW thread and a cigarette instead :o
    I know, me bad! :( but am down to about 7 a day, and all in the evenings...

Anyways - seen some of ye mention doing Davina's dvd - has she a few out and, if so, what one are ye following? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Nesie

twirlagig wrote: »
    Hi - great reading through all the losses... Felt like something bad from the cupboard, but said NO, I'll have a look at the WW thread and a cigarette instead :o

Anyways - seen some of ye mention doing Davina's dvd - has she a few out and, if so, what one are ye following? :)

I had a total pizza craving earlier but i resisted! Has sweet chilli velvet crunch instead...

I think she has 4 out. Could be more. I have 3 and go through phases of each one. Think my favourite is the new one..not sure what it's called. that could just be the novelty though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Well today was a good day. So my two friends have birthdays next week and we are going out on Friday week to celebrate. I was originally going to wear one of my usual going out tops, but late last night I thought, to hell with it! I'm trying to change myself so I might as well wear something different. So I decided that I would buy a dress for the occasion. :eek::D

Now I can't remember the last time I wore a dress (it might have been 2007!) so this is big thing for me. I headed into town this evening and went to New Look and found a really nice dress. Here it is, but the one I got is nearly Royal Blue My New Dress!!

But the best part of all was that I was able to buy the size 20.:D Before Christmas I was about a size 24-26, and now I think I'm a size 20-22. :pac: I tried a few things on that had been hanging in my wardrobe because they had been too tight for me, but now they fit (or are very near fitting me). I know I'm still really large, but at least I'm going the right way!

That dress is lovely! New Look is great for dresses. And its such a good feeling buying smaller sizes than before :-)
    Wow! well done on all the losses folks! there are some great numbers this week! Think its coz so many of us had TOTM over the past 10 days! ha!

for the people who didn't lose.... stay on track.... its not the end of the world... its so easy to put up on the pro points system.... but whats great is its such a sustainable programme that you will be back on track in no time....

I have a plan for the next few months.

My friend is getting married at the end of june.... and her hens is on in may. So i have worked out 14 weeks to the hens and 20 weeks to the wedding so my plan is 1lb a week until the hens I will be down to 10st 9.5lb and if I carry that over til the wedding I will be down to 10st 3.5lb and within touching distance of my goal. Any extra losses will be just that...extra.... Dont get me wrong I would love the scales to say -5lbs every week but I want to be realistic.... My OH has told me he will pay for me to go and get my hair done when I get my stone... as a treat so its all the little things...one step at a time!

What are the goals you girls are working towards???

My ultimate goal is a wedding to. My friends are getting married June 2013 and i have a very expensive dress in my wardrobe that I have only worn once, so I need to fit back into it before then. I'd like to be comfortably maintaining by then as it is a year and a half away. I had 4 st 3lbs (59lbs) to lose when I started 5 weeks ago - So I was aiming to have 2 stone gone by July (my birthday) and it all gone by the end of the year. Giving me the 6 extra months for maintenance. But I know that as much as you try the closer to you get to goal the harder it is. Its 23 weeks til my birthday and to hit the 2stone mini goal I have 17 lbs to lose. So thats my main focus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Baileypants I do the Davina DVD as well. I have the 30 minute workout one which I find is great. If I do it properly i.e 3 times a week it has a great effect and people always comment the following week about how great I look. My only problem is keeping it up. Her new one is supposed to be great. I'm going to get it for when I'm off college in March so I'll have more time to do it. I'm trying to do the 30 min workout one 3 days, that's my new aim.

I don't know what it is with me and Thursday but it's definitely my picking day. I always feel so tired and it leads to me picking at what the family have for dinner and on low snacks but too many of them. Anyway going to forget about it now and work hard for Weds. I want to break a plateau barrier so I want to lose 1.5lbs next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Hi - great reading through all the losses... Felt like something bad from the cupboard, but said NO, I'll have a look at the WW thread and a [SIZE="1"]cigarette[/SIZE] instead :o

Hey Twirla! That's me! It's Davina's Super Body Workout, I think from 2008. It's great, coz there's Davina, a guy trainer and a woman trainer, and the woman trainer does the slower paced moves. So u don't have to kill yourself, but I still work up a sweat so it's fab! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

so any one watch operation transformation, I just watched the rerun and this leapt out at me!!

If you sin you can't be thin.... I kinda posted about it on my blog! http://niamhweightlossjourney.blogspot.com/b/post-preview?token=Y3ffZTUBAAA.t8ow0r2yEvBV7XNEuCuLQw.UzUqnR8qk3XclvFSvRiwhw&postId=8436133721087336184&type=POST

but what do you all think!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

Hey All!
    Some great losses on here....Well done everyone!!....
    Going ok this week - other than pigging out on some Kettle Chips last night....I just had a goo on me for something naughty....
    Went to the gym this evening, and it definitely is getting easier there too....
    Great to see some progress....just hope it shows on the scales....
    Happy Almost Friday everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

evening all, well done on all the losses, down another 1.5 lbs this week, tbh im shocked didnt have a great week food wise last week, heres hoping it dosent come back to bite me in the behind next week:o

The west wing, i loooooove new looks clothes pity alot of their stuff is only available on their website tho

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Think I'm at that point, 2 months in where it gets harder to shift the weight. Stayed the same last week, and put 1.5 on this week, first time to put on weight since I started, really peed off. Is this normal? Its very discouraging :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Taz1 wrote: »
    Think I'm at that point, 2 months in where it gets harder to shift the weight. Stayed the same last week, and put 1.5 on this week, first time to put on weight since I started, really peed off. Is this normal? Its very discouraging :(

Unfortunately that is normal. There are a few things you can try to kick-start it again:

1. Are you being completely honest and tracking and pointing everything?
    2. Do you weigh everything out? That is something you can become complacent with over time.
    3. How much exercise do you do? Maybe try and increase it. Look at trying something new. If you walk loads you're body will get used to it so maybe try swimming, a DVD, Zumba.
    4. Change you foods. Again your body can get used to foods if you eat the same thing all the time. Spend some time researching new meal ideas and recipes.
    5. Try and eat at the same time everyday.
    6. Try simply filling for a while.
    7. Maybe cut something out for a week like carbs, sweets or fizzy drinks.

Hope that helps a bit. It's tough but hang in there. I've been at this for a year and a half and I feel like I'll never get there. I'm hoping this year will be my year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Yup, happened me too - I was stuck in a rut, eating basically the same stuff day in day out for ages. Like Eabhabear said, vary it as much as you can - try a different food, something you've never tried before (mine were cous cous and quorn) and try to vary your other habits - if you're walking, maybe try one day of aerobics instead? Not talking about going mental in the gym or anything, just 20 minutes of jumping jacks, squats, etc? Try upping your water intake too, and try a day on the filling plan.

Please don't give up, and don't get disheartened, look at it this way - you've done so well so far that you've managed to get your body to adjust to a completely new way of life. Well done you! Shake it up a little and you'll be dropping the pounds again in no time. Best of luck x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Hey Twirla! That's me! It's Davina's Super Body Workout, I think from 2008. It's great, coz there's Davina, a guy trainer and a woman trainer, and the woman trainer does the slower paced moves. So u don't have to kill yourself, but I still work up a sweat so it's fab! :-)

Thanks Bailey! I shall keep an eye out for that one! :)
    Would be handy for those evenings when it's drizzling and you don't want to stir outside the door! :p

Baby75 wrote: »
    so any one watch operation transformation, I just watched the rerun and this leapt out at me!!

If you sin you can't be thin.... I kinda posted about it on my blog! http://niamhweightlossjourney.blogspot.com/b/post-preview?token=Y3ffZTUBAAA.t8ow0r2yEvBV7XNEuCuLQw.UzUqnR8qk3XclvFSvRiwhw&postId=8436133721087336184&type=POST

but what do you all think!

If you bite, you need to write! ie. tracking ;-)

Thanks Bailey! I shall keep an eye out for that one! :)
    Would be handy for those evenings when it's drizzling and you don't want to stir outside the door! :p

You said it! I won't go out if it's crappy ha :-)

Can anyone tell me where I can get Garam Masala? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

I got it in Tesco.... There are lots of different ones varying in price, but I got the Tesco own brand one... its yummy and i think its less than €1.

I took a mad fit one evening and put some of it onto my butternut squash chips in the oven with some garlic powder.... yes yes! yum yum yum!!!!

Its great to see everyone getting so motivated.... love coming into work early in the mornings when I'm craving a big breakfast sambo or a loaded mocha and reading the posts. I haven't got the Davina dvd, but my sister got the Zumba one, so I am going to give that a blast if this weather keeps up. Did 2 miles last night walking at a fast enough pace, but in that weather I'm surprised I didn't fly. Had great plans for a really long walk this evening, just hope the weather eases a bit.

As an extra incentive... my best friend just got qualified as a Zumba instructor so I think I will be out with her lots over the coming weeks.. Going to get the measuring tape out tomorrow night, it's been almost 2 weeks since I measured and since then I have lost 4.5lb and people are starting to comment on my shape and my weight a lot more now, so hopefully there will be decent inch loss....

Sorry for the long post... Taking full advantage of the office being really quiet :) 9 bells means the mad house erupts! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

WI this morn (I'm doing it at home) and down 2.5lbs - yippee!

That means I'm back in the 10's for the first time since before Christmas!

We are off for a romantic long weekend this weekend which includes a 4 course dinner out, but I'll be saving all my weeklies for that.

10st 7lbs I'm comin to getcha!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

dammitj wrote: »
    WI this morn (I'm doing it at home) and down 2.5lbs - yippee!

That means I'm back in the 10's for the first time since before Christmas!

We are off for a romantic long weekend this weekend which includes a 4 course dinner out, but I'll be saving all my weeklies for that.

10st 7lbs I'm comin to getcha!!! :D

thats brilliant!!!! Well done!!! I can't wait to see the 10s again!!! It's been almost 2 years since I saw the 10s and even then it was just barely... 10st 13.5lb!!! haha! You must be delighted!!! Whatever about Valentines day... you have great cause for celebration!! That 10st 7lb is in sight!!!!! :D

Enjoy your weekend!!!!!

Morrocon Chickpea soup - small portion - anyone any ideas propoints for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Tiny Penguin!! I need your HELP!! :)

We just got #tweetseats for skinflint for Sunday evening.. so can you let me know about the portions and stuff and your guesstimates when you go tonight. We live down the country and are just in Dublin for the evening so it will be a treat but one I can not afford this weekend!

I am taking my god child to Jedward tomorrow nigh in Ennis as her birthday present so that will mean dinner out in ennis tomorrow night, then the hotel is B&B so thats a hurdle first thing Sunday and then the long drive up to Dublin for my boyfriends photography thing and skinflint after that..

hoping for a STS this week cause I will be on the road straight after work till Sunday night!

Tiny Penguin!! I need your HELP!! :)

We just got #tweetseats for skinflint for Sunday evening.. so can you let me know about the portions and stuff and your guesstimates when you go tonight. We live down the country and are just in Dublin for the evening so it will be a treat but one I can not afford this weekend!

I am taking my god child to Jedward tomorrow nigh in Ennis as her birthday present so that will mean dinner out in ennis tomorrow night, then the hotel is B&B so thats a hurdle first thing Sunday and then the long drive up to Dublin for my boyfriends photography thing and skinflint after that..

hoping for a STS this week cause I will be on the road straight after work till Sunday night!

No problem - you have to tweet a pic of your food for the tweet seats so I will post a pic of the pizzas tomorrow so you can get an idea of the size of the thing. My sister went and said the bases are super thin and are definteley healthier than other peoples places. The one that I think im gonna get has toppings of butternut squash, capers, espellete (which is a red pepper) and ricotta - since ricotta is quite low in PP and all the others are free (apart from base and any oils they may use) it seems to be the best option on the menu. But will post about it tomorrow anyway :-)

No problem - you have to tweet a pic of your food for the tweet seats so I will post a pic of the pizzas tomorrow so you can get an idea of the size of the thing. My sister went and said the bases are super thin and are definteley healthier than other peoples places. The one that I think im gonna get has toppings of butternut squash, capers, espellete (which is a red pepper) and ricotta - since ricotta is quite low in PP and all the others are free (apart from base and any oils they may use) it seems to be the best option on the menu. But will post about it tomorrow anyway :-)

Thank You, i was looking at that pizza too (but no idea what espellete was) or the daily meat ball special.

Its not the type of meal I would usually go for but cant turn down #tweetseats!! Have you been to Crackbird, we ate there in December I felt so guilty not paying for my meal lol, it was super yummy!!

Thank You, i was looking at that pizza too (but no idea what espellete was) or the daily meat ball special.

Its not the type of meal I would usually go for but cant turn down #tweetseats!! Have you been to Crackbird, we ate there in December I felt so guilty not paying for my meal lol, it was super yummy!!

For the tweetseats you have to get pizza i think - i read that somewhere. I did go to crackbird but not on tweetseats - the lemon chicken brochettes are so good there (and prob not high in pp). I got tweetseats for Jo Burger before and its brilliant.

We were kinda cheeky and me and the OH both applied for tweetseats on different days this month thinking we would at least get one - but we got them both. So we are going tonight and back there in 2 weeks again! I feel bad and want to give mine away but the OH is having none of it!

For the tweetseats you have to get pizza i think - i read that somewhere. I did go to crackbird but not on tweetseats - the lemon chicken brochettes are so good there (and prob not high in pp). I got tweetseats for Jo Burger before and its brilliant.

We were kinda cheeky and me and the OH both applied for tweetseats on different days this month thinking we would at least get one - but we got them both. So we are going tonight and back there in 2 weeks again! I feel bad and want to give mine away but the OH is having none of it!

The pizza it is then!! I was just google-ing there and found the pro points for Eddie Rockets if I bring my god child there tomorrow evening I can get away with chicken in a bowl (4pp) or burger in a bowl (9pp) that might save the weekend! She is only 4 so might suit better than a pub or proper restraunt for food! and suit my waist better to!! Now to figure out my breakfast in the hotel Sunday and we are sorted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

On a day off from work today and for the first time (on days off from work) I am feeling super positive and motivated. Usually I graze and pick and laze about all day. Today I got up after a lovely lie on, had a cup of tea and then got to work on my freezer, clearing it out and organising open things into freezer bags etc. Then I organised my cupboards aswell :) Then I had a lovely brunch for 11PP. 2 Aldi skinless sausages (4PP), 2 aldi bacon medallions (1PP), 1/2 tin of beans (4PP) and a medium egg (2PP). Nom nom nom. My usual self (on a day off) would have had a hankering for a packet of crisps or chocolate around now too and I do feel like them, but I have told myself no, because I am not hungry and do not need them. Going to head out now for a bit of Valentines shopping :)
    The pizza it is then!! I was just google-ing there and found the pro points for Eddie Rockets if I bring my god child there tomorrow evening I can get away with chicken in a bowl (4pp) or burger in a bowl (9pp) that might save the weekend! She is only 4 so might suit better than a pub or proper restraunt for food! and suit my waist better to!! Now to figure out my breakfast in the hotel Sunday and we are sorted!!

Lisa, if going to Eddie Rockets, I HIGHLY recommend the marinated grilled chicken caesar salad. It is 11PP and it is GORGEOUS!! Really try and stay away from the chips though, 14PP for chips and their garlic sauce (which is to die for) is 7PP for the small ramekin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

That can happen, but as Eabhabear and shanna83 have suggested great advice I wont repeat it, but good luck next week bet you will see a loss
    If you bite, you need to write! ie. tracking ;-)
    Guessing is messing! :)

Got mine in tesco in the spice section! so Im sure Dunnes would have it as well, supervalue near me is not so good on spices very select range! I love the swartz Garlic Italian though
    I got it in Tesco.... There are lots of different ones varying in price, but I got the Tesco own brand one... its yummy and i think its less than €1.

I took a mad fit one evening and put some of it onto my butternut squash chips in the oven with some garlic powder.... yes yes! yum yum yum!!!!

Have to try that! thanks for the tip!:)

Its great to see everyone getting so motivated.... love coming into work early in the mornings when I'm craving a big breakfast sambo or a loaded mocha and reading the posts. I haven't got the Davina dvd, but my sister got the Zumba one, so I am going to give that a blast if this weather keeps up. Did 2 miles last night walking at a fast enough pace, but in that weather I'm surprised I didn't fly. Had great plans for a really long walk this evening, just hope the weather eases a bit.

As an extra incentive... my best friend just got qualified as a Zumba instructor so I think I will be out with her lots over the coming weeks.. Going to get the measuring tape out tomorrow night, it's been almost 2 weeks since I measured and since then I have lost 4.5lb and people are starting to comment on my shape and my weight a lot more now, so hopefully there will be decent inch loss....

Sorry for the long post... Taking full advantage of the office being really quiet :) 9 bells means the mad house erupts! :D

let us know how you get on! I was delighted with my results so far!

Whats tweetseats!

forcing my self to eat to day, have a very bad sinus infection a killer one head is hopping, doc gave me strong pain killers so hoping they help with the pain, one down side to feeding a baby I cant take the medicine she wanted me to take, I would have to stop feeding the baby, can not do that! poor lad would be in bits swapping him on to bottles all of a sudden! never mind the fact I'm happy the way we are! but really hope the stuff works!

• Advertisement

Baby75 wrote: »

Whats tweetseats!

forcing my self to eat to day, have a very bad sinus infection a killer one head is hopping, doc gave me strong pain killers so hoping they help with the pain, one down side to feeding a baby I cant take the medicine she wanted me to take, I would have to stop feeding the baby, can not do that! poor lad would be in bits swapping him on to bottles all of a sudden! never mind the fact I'm happy the way we are! but really hope the stuff works!

Jo Burger, Crackbird and Skinflint give out a certain number of tweet seats per day - which is a free dinner. You just tweet them the date time and how many people and they let you know if you get it. SO for jo burger you get a free burger for each person, Skinflint a free pizza and for Crackbird free chicken! Its amazing :-)

Hope you feel better soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement