Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Was 2lb up. Not to worry, 3.5 lb to goal again, a couple of weeks' work, no biggie. My leader was shocked, it's the first time I've been up since September! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

messrs wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

hope everyone is having a good week. Had my WI this evening and was down 1.5lbs, total weight gone now is 3 stone 3.5lbs . i currently weight 13 stone 1.5lbs

i have given myself 3 mini goals to try to motivate myself

Goal 1 - loose 2lbs and that will put me in the 12 stone bracket (just about!)
    Goal 2 - loose 3.5lbs and get my 7th silver seven
    Goal 3 - loose 4.5lbs and get my certificate for loosing 50lbs

i have my nieces confirmation on march 10th and ideally i would like to have met all 3 goals by then. fingers crossed!!!
    del88 wrote: »
    Down 2lb tonight ....Thats 2st 5lb since november...Starting to belive that i might actually get to my target weight of 12st....10 years since i weighted 14st 11lb....Happy days :D

Such fantastic losses!!...
    That's why I'm on here...for the inspiration and motivation it brings!!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

ladysaint wrote: »
    I've stuck to 29 pro points.
    It seems most leaders are saying to stay there if your happy & its working and drop to the 26 for a kick start or of you're reached a plateau.

Oh ok... hope I go back to 29 in short... 29 was enough before and with the 49 weekly points I didnt feel like I was on a diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

morning ladies.....

so this morning Operation GET THE STONE has really started.... :D

I have 3lbs to go to my first stone so I am thinking (although it would be AMAZEBALLS ;) to get the 3lb next week... ) I need to be realistic. If I get 1.5lb each week I will have it by week 7 WI.

Today, I have cereal and fruit with me for breakfast, have my Leek & Sweet Potato soup for lunch, with McCambridges, spread and salad then I'm looking at around 18pp left for dinner/ snacks/ tea....

Definitely going to knuckle down and get out walking again too... I did very little last week... (Only did Monday and Tuesday when WI was Wednesday! :O ) although I was really good on the food side. This week is going to be a joint effort!

I was really worried yesterday because I am on warfarin and the doc says not to change your diet too drasticly in case it effects your bloods so I had them done yesterday after a 4 week gap... was so nervous that the green veggies were going to be my undoing... but Yaaaaaay!!! the bloods were grand! So this weight loss and healthy eating is obviously doing wonders for my health all around!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

ali85 wrote: »
    morning ladies.....

so this morning Operation GET THE STONE has really started.... :D

I have 3lbs to go to my first stone so I am thinking (although it would be AMAZEBALLS ;) to get the 3lb next week... ) I need to be realistic. If I get 1.5lb each week I will have it by week 7 WI.

Today, I have cereal and fruit with me for breakfast, have my Leek & Sweet Potato soup for lunch, with McCambridges, spread and salad then I'm looking at around 18pp left for dinner/ snacks/ tea....

Definitely going to knuckle down and get out walking again too... I did very little last week... (Only did Monday and Tuesday when WI was Wednesday! :O ) although I was really good on the food side. This week is going to be a joint effort!

I was really worried yesterday because I am on warfarin and the doc says not to change your diet too drasticly in case it effects your bloods so I had them done yesterday after a 4 week gap... was so nervous that the green veggies were going to be my undoing... but Yaaaaaay!!! the bloods were grand! So this weight loss and healthy eating is obviously doing wonders for my health all around!!! :D

I have 3lbs to go to my first stone as well and I was hoping to get it in 2 weeks also. I wouldn't be disappointed if it took 3 weeks but it would be nice to get it in the 2 (or even to lose 3 and get it next week, but really thats pretty unrealistic)!

Going out for pizza on friday - skinflint in dublin though and I hear the bases are super thin and they have options with very little or no cheese on them so could be ok if I eat very little throughout the day, I also want a few drinks while watching the rugby on sat and I have to go to my OH's cousins house on sunday for a family thing! All of this means very little time for exercise this week - going for a walk on the pier tonight with some of the girls and might see if they are up for walking it twice! But am hoping if I budget my dailies and my weeklies carefully enough and dont go mad on saturday night I can keep within everything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Hi all can I ask how many pps ye use for lunch I'm struggling with the 26pp a day!!

Any tips would b greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hi all can I ask how many pps ye use for lunch I'm struggling with the 26pp a day!!

I use 6PP for breakfast and between 6-8PP for lunch. If I am having a salad, I would pack it with protein, either a whole chicken breast or a whole big tin of tuna (both 4PP) and then maybe some croutons for another PP or 2PP. If I am having a WW bagel which is 4PP, I would have 2PP worth of filling, for example 2 slices of salami (1PP) and 30g philadelphia (1PP) and lettuce and tomatoe. Lately I have been having 2 kiwi's with the bagel, keeping the lunch at 6PP but before I use to have a 2PP packet of crisps with it. Next week, I am going to have potatoe and leek soup (haven't made it yet but hopefully not more than 2PP per serving) with 2 mccambridges (5PP) and low fat spread (1PP), so total 8PP.

On 26PP, that would leave you with 12 or 14PP for the day. I would have a WW yoghurt and banana at 11am break and possibly a WW bar in the afternoon for 2PP. I have 33PP a day though and can have bigger dinners but it is easy enough to make dinners with 10PP :)

Hope that helps a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Hi all, I haven't posted here in a long time, but lately I've being reading with interest. I started WW in Nov '10 a very hefty and embarrassing 27 stone (I cringe when I think back). Last night I got a silver seven to mark a 13 and a half stone loss - exactly half my starting weight. However, I'm finding it difficult now, the more people compliment me and tell me not to loose any more weight, the more my motivation drops. Hence, the reason I've been reading up on all your great posts, to try to kick me back into action.
    Anyway the reason for my post. Next week I'm going to New York for the first time and as I'm so close to goal weight (9lbs) I don't want to sabotage myself and come back with a big weight gain. Has anyone got any advice on WW friendly places to eat out, particularly at breakfast time. A friend recommended the oatmeal at Pax, but when I went on their site and propointed it, it came in at 16PP!!! So any tips on healthy options/restaurants would be greatly appreciated.
    Sorry for the long post and keep up the good work!

mcb81 wrote: »
    Hi all, I haven't posted here in a long time, but lately I've being reading with interest. I started WW in Nov '10 a very hefty and embarrassing 27 stone (I cringe when I think back). Last night I got a silver seven to mark a 13 and a half stone loss - exactly half my starting weight. However, I'm finding it difficult now, the more people compliment me and tell me not to loose any more weight, the more my motivation drops. Hence, the reason I've been reading up on all your great posts, to try to kick me back into action.
    Anyway the reason for my post. Next week I'm going to New York for the first time and as I'm so close to goal weight (9lbs) I don't want to sabotage myself and come back with a big weight gain. Has anyone got any advice on WW friendly places to eat out, particularly at breakfast time. A friend recommended the oatmeal at Pax, but when I went on their site and propointed it, it came in at 16PP!!! So any tips on healthy options/restaurants would be greatly appreciated.

Congratulations on your amazing success! 13 and a half stone in just over a year is INCREDIBLE!!

I went to New York a few years ago (a good few years ago) but while I didnt lose the head and eat everything in sight, I didnt point while I was there. But I spent the entire 5 days walking around and shopping and I ended up losing weight from all the walking! All menus will have calorie content on them now (its law over there) so you will be able to recognize the healthy choices on the menus. Also try to avoid public transport and walk as much as you can - its pretty easy to do over there if you are staying in Central New York. But yeh just use what you have learned to make healthy choices - ask for no butter, sauces on the sides etc. And most importantly HAVE FUN!!

Oh yeh and for breakfast every day I ate a bagel with low fat cream cheese - thats a good breakfast too have. Also fruit salads and yoghurt are also good options. Or anywhere you can get poached eggs as you know there isnt any fat used in cooking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Congrats on such an acheivement!

I found when I went to america that everything is so sickly sweet (even butter... yuck!) that you dont eat as much... which is always a help!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭christmas2010

As everything is calorie counted in New York how about setting your self a daily calorie limit, and forgetting about points for your trip.
    Have a look at this website http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html. It'll help you work out how many calories a day you should be eating.
    Have a great trip

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

messrs wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

hope everyone is having a good week. Had my WI this evening and was down 1.5lbs, total weight gone now is 3 stone 3.5lbs . i currently weight 13 stone 1.5lbs

i have given myself 3 mini goals to try to motivate myself

Goal 1 - loose 2lbs and that will put me in the 12 stone bracket (just about!)
    Goal 2 - loose 3.5lbs and get my 7th silver seven
    Goal 3 - loose 4.5lbs and get my certificate for loosing 50lbs

i have my nieces confirmation on march 10th and ideally i would like to have met all 3 goals by then. fingers crossed!!!

Your 7th Silver Seven! I bow down to you! That is some fantastic achievement! Amazing :D
    del88 wrote: »
    Down 2lb tonight ....Thats 2st 5lb since november...Starting to belive that i might actually get to my target weight of 12st....10 years since i weighted 14st 11lb....Happy days :D

Believe it! That's a great loss, congrats! You're on your way to goal for sure :D
    Hi all, I haven't posted here in a long time, but lately I've being reading with interest. I started WW in Nov '10 a very hefty and embarrassing 27 stone (I cringe when I think back). Last night I got a silver seven to mark a 13 and a half stone loss - exactly half my starting weight. However, I'm finding it difficult now, the more people compliment me and tell me not to loose any more weight, the more my motivation drops. Hence, the reason I've been reading up on all your great posts, to try to kick me back into action.QUOTE]

I hope you realise what an amazing thing you have done for yourself, and all the dedication loosing 13 stone took. You're truly an insipration to us all :D

Guys.. I have the dreaded WI tonite! I feel I should be down, but I have the crappiest old fashioned scales at home, it nearly looks like I'm up on it! Hate that thing. So of course it's TOTM, but this is the first week I actually exercised since I started WW, and tonight will be WI number 5. I did an hours horse-riding (and felt the pain of it until yesterday!), did Davina tiwce (40mins a pop) and went for 2 walks at lunch from work, one for 30 mins and 50mins today. Oh and I stayed within my points, didn't save any dailies or weeklies and didn't count any activity points either (as I just think they're a bonus to weight loss, not to be used up).

So effin fingers crossed that the TOTM doesn't eff me up this evening! Grrrr :-)

Congrats to all the amazeballs losses over the last few days! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

I try and have 0 pp soup or low ones potato and leek or a wrap/pitta bread ww or not with salad ham or chicken, I sometimes make some pasta for lunch and mix in some salad ( I love salad)

WI today and down 1.5 I have to say I ate more this week, I was really strict last week and only ate 10 of my weeklies and lost 1/2 a pound so it goes to show they need to be eaten :)

Have been sick all week, feel crap today dragged my self out this morning, think its a trip to the doctor this evening need more sleep as well! so apart from my 10k walk on sunday and some walking this week I never got in my cardio and toning!

well done to all who lost this week :)

I generally use about 5 or 6pp... but it can vary up to 9pp depending on the day or what I have planned for dinner

I would bring the likes of the no point soup and have some bread and fruit with it, or bring a WW wrap or bagel (3pp or 5pp respectively) with salad or wafer thin ham and low fat cheese....

For a quick fix.... its not the ideal, but most of the cuppa soups are around the 1 or 2 pp... I get the Erin ones and they are 1pp each... That way you could have a wrap and some soup for quite low pp.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hollee

Well after my first week Im down 3lbs, delighted just isnt the word, really struggled as I felt I was always either hungry or thinking about food.

Thanks to the posters for info on lunch options, some great tips there.

I have to get some 0pp inspiration now as the fruit has brought me out in a bad bout of eczema and there is only so much 0pp soup and sugar free jelly I can eat.

As for Christmas2010 a massive congrats on your loss, i have to say thats fantastic, and my advice would be to go for the fruit cups they sell in the Deli counters in NY, I also find that these deli places are great for salad bars/soups or to pick up a sandwich to order. Im not one for resturants in NY as the portions sizes are crazy and everything seems to come in sauce. Have a fantastic time.

OMG - For chocoholics everywhere!

I know what I'll be baking over the wkend :-)

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/02/homemade-skinny-chocolate-cake.html

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

First weigh in and down 5lbs:eek: Sooooo happy. It has really given me the determination for next week. Hopefully get my 1st silver seven but not getting my hopes up as I wud be happy to stay the same after todays loss:)

Has anybody else tried the couch to 5k programme? I completed the 1st week of it yesterday. I thought it was supposed to get easier but yesterday was a killer. :confused: I got through it though and am starting week 2 on Sat, let's hope I get through it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Down 1lb :D Delighted :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rawwrrrr

thank you so much Judy, I really appreciate your long post and your wonderful advice!

I weighed myself in today, and I'm actually really disappointed that I went up 2 pounds :( I watched what I ate carefully, and I used all of my weeklies last weekend- maybe I would fare better if I hadn't have used them all? ughhh!

I'm hoping that I messed up because of a silly notion I took on Monday and Tuesday of trying 26pp, even though I was surviving perfectly fine on the 29pp! I then went back on 29pp from yesterday onwards, but its just frustrating!

I'm so annoyed and what makes it even worse is that I came home from college today and there are my fave biscuits sitting smiling at me in the cupboard- my mother NEVER buys them, but of course she would have to this week :D must. resist!
    Hope everyones doing good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Down 5!!! That's 2 stone 9 gone now foreeevvveerrr :D

I'm exactly half way to goal - it's not so daunting now that I know I can do it. Best of luck to everyone for this week x

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Down 3.5lbs this week. Delighted. Sticking to the points without too much difficulty for now as my motivation is up. I have to say, I am DYING for a vino tomorrow. Can not wait to get my weeklys broken in to! Well done everyone on such a great week. I can't believe how well you are all doing. Very inspirational :)

Boop22 wrote: »
    First weigh in and down 5lbs:eek: Sooooo happy. It has really given me the determination for next week. Hopefully get my 1st silver seven but not getting my hopes up as I wud be happy to stay the same after todays loss:)

Has anybody else tried the couch to 5k programme? I completed the 1st week of it yesterday. I thought it was supposed to get easier but yesterday was a killer. :confused: I got through it though and am starting week 2 on Sat, let's hope I get through it!!

I did some of that last Summer. It's not easy, but it's do-able ;-)

Just back from WI - 1.5 lbs down. Delighted with that. That's 8.5 lbs over 5 weeks, I can live with that :-)

Well done on all the losses x

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Hey Rachel,

I'm doing 26 as well. I seem to use on average 4pp for breakfast, 6pp for lunch and I have about 10pp for dinner. This leaves me with 6, 2-3pp for milk, a yoghurt 1pp and 2pp for a biccie in the evening.

I fill up on 0pp veg/salad/fruit with meals. Lunch is kinda the hardest with the lower pp as I had to pull back a little but ryvita's, ww wraps and bagels are good like Monife said. Usually 3-4 on these, then about 2pp for fillings as well. And I find the 0pp soups really help fill me up. Hope that helps

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Hey Rachel,

I'm doing 26 as well. I seem to use on average 4pp for breakfast, 6pp for lunch and I have about 10pp for dinner. This leaves me with 6, 2-3pp for milk, a yoghurt 1pp and 2pp for a biccie in the evening.

I fill up on 0pp veg/salad/fruit with meals. Lunch is kinda the hardest with the lower pp as I had to pull back a little but ryvita's, ww wraps and bagels are good like Monife said. Usually 3-4 on these, then about 2pp for fillings as well. And I find the 0pp soups really help fill me up. Hope that helps

It would b so much easier if someone would lock the door to the kitchen!! Snacking is my killer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Well today was a good day. So my two friends have birthdays next week and we are going out on Friday week to celebrate. I was originally going to wear one of my usual going out tops, but late last night I thought, to hell with it! I'm trying to change myself so I might as well wear something different. So I decided that I would buy a dress for the occasion. :eek::D

Now I can't remember the last time I wore a dress (it might have been 2007!) so this is big thing for me. I headed into town this evening and went to New Look and found a really nice dress. Here it is, but the one I got is nearly Royal Blue My New Dress!!

But the best part of all was that I was able to buy the size 20.:D Before Christmas I was about a size 24-26, and now I think I'm a size 20-22. :pac: I tried a few things on that had been hanging in my wardrobe because they had been too tight for me, but now they fit (or are very near fitting me). I know I'm still really large, but at least I'm going the right way!

Wow! well done on all the losses folks! there are some great numbers this week! Think its coz so many of us had TOTM over the past 10 days! ha!

for the people who didn't lose.... stay on track.... its not the end of the world... its so easy to put up on the pro points system.... but whats great is its such a sustainable programme that you will be back on track in no time....

I have a plan for the next few months.

My friend is getting married at the end of june.... and her hens is on in may. So i have worked out 14 weeks to the hens and 20 weeks to the wedding so my plan is 1lb a week until the hens I will be down to 10st 9.5lb and if I carry that over til the wedding I will be down to 10st 3.5lb and within touching distance of my goal. Any extra losses will be just that...extra.... Dont get me wrong I would love the scales to say -5lbs every week but I want to be realistic.... My OH has told me he will pay for me to go and get my hair done when I get my stone... as a treat so its all the little things...one step at a time!

What are the goals you girls are working towards???

• Advertisement

ali85 wrote: »
    Wow! well done on all the losses folks! there are some great numbers this week! Think its coz so many of us had TOTM over the past 10 days! ha!

for the people who didn't lose.... stay on track.... its not the end of the world... its so easy to put up on the pro points system.... but whats great is its such a sustainable programme that you will be back on track in no time....

I have a plan for the next few months.

My friend is getting married at the end of june.... and her hens is on in may. So i have worked out 14 weeks to the hens and 20 weeks to the wedding so my plan is 1lb a week until the hens I will be down to 10st 9.5lb and if I carry that over til the wedding I will be down to 10st 3.5lb and within touching distance of my goal. Any extra losses will be just that...extra.... Dont get me wrong I would love the scales to say -5lbs every week but I want to be realistic.... My OH has told me he will pay for me to go and get my hair done when I get my stone... as a treat so its all the little things...one step at a time!

What are the goals you girls are working towards???

Nice dress!!

Like u my best friend is getting married in Portugal in 16 weeks and all the girls going are the skinniest girls with amazing bodies!! Like u I'm going for 1lb per week, rented a cross trainer for 120 for 10 weeks and I'm going back to aerobics for 3 nights a week from Monday so hoping inch loss will follow! Wish I could get my snacking under control tho!! And it's only after 6!! All day I'm so good!! Really is frustrating cos I know I shouldn't but just can't stop putting snacks in my mouth!! I have tried not buying anything to snack on but then I end up craving so bad I eat worse things in bulk!!

Sorry for the long post needed a rant!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement