Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Their nutritional info is all on their website :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Thanks missit I'll check when I get home ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

A 6 inch roast beef sub with hearty Italian bread and veg is 7 pp. but thats before sauces ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

okay this article is aimed at ppl doing ww online, but the root of the article i think is true for everyone :)

Goal-Setting
    Have you set a mini-goal?

Even losing 5% of your current weight can have a big impact on how you feel and your general state of health. To change your current goal to a 5% Goal, first open the Weight Tracker under Plan Manager. Then click the arrow in the upper right corner, next to “Total weight loss” and “Current tracked weight”. Next, click on the pencil icon to the right of “Goal weight” and enter a higher goal weight than is currently set. (If you can’t calculate your precise 5% target, simply make your current goal 7lb lighter than you are now.) When you reach your interim goal, you will automatically be prompted to select a new goal weight.

Have you checked out the success stories first?
    Sometimes people fail to reach their weight loss goals simply because the goals they set aren’t realistic enough. To learn from other people’s success and gauge what might be realistic for you personally, click on the “Success Stories” tab, then double-click on “Find stories like you”. Reading down the list of titles, you should soon find someone whose situation is similar to yours.

Planning
    Are you looking back over last week’s Tracker first?

Open the ProPoints Tracker under Plan Manager, then repeatedly click on the left-hand arrow at the top of the tracker to scroll through recent saved data. This will give you a chance to think about how you’ve behaved over the past week – or even over a longer period, if you want to look at overall patterns in your behaviour.

Are you completing your tracker in advance?
    To do this, while still in the ProPoints Tracker, simply click forward using the right-hand arrow. The more often you plan in advance, the more likely you are to develop a good planning habit. Some people plan each day in advance and many plan a week’s meals at a time. Trudy, who got into the habit of planning a whole week in advance went on to lost 3st to get to Goal. Not only did this improve the way she felt about herself, she also felt it helped with her bad back, sore hips and PMT symptoms.

Alison, who lost over 4st, says that planning was her secret weapon. “I logged on first thing every day and would plan my daily menu before I ate breakfast.” This helped her stay in control of what she was eating and ensured she stuck to her ProPoints budget.

Tracking
    Are you using the Weight Tracker correctly?

If you’ve logged a start weight and set a weight tracking day, you’ll be automatically prompted to fill in your weight each week. Sam, who lost over 6st online, liked the way that doing this created a progress chart. Printing this out every now and then, she could easily see what she’d achieved.

Are you tracking your measurements, as well as your weight?
    This is another way of helping yourself to see progress. Simply open the Weight Tracker under Plan Manager, then click on the “Table View” tab. Next, scroll over any blank box in the table and click on “Add”. Finally, fill in the empty box and save your data. Paula who lost over 5st, found this a useful motivating tool – particularly since she ended up losing a total of 33 inches from her body measurements!

Are you being honest with the ProPoints Tracker?
    Honesty really is the best policy when it comes to successful weight loss. Not only will it remind you to keep counting, it’ll also help you create a useful record to look over in the future. Emma, who lost over 2st, found that logging everything she put into her mouth very helpful. “It can be easy to start overeating again without even realising it,” she explains.

Anna, who's lost 2st too and is well on her way to goal, also sees how tracking is the key to real weight loss. “In the past,” she says, “I think a lot of my excess weight was due to guessing portion sizes. When I started weighing I couldn’t believe how small the portions looked, but I quickly worked out that you can get far more for the same ProPoints values by choosing Filling & Healthy foods.”

Thanks spinandscribble... I'll point it at 10 pp so as I had a small bit of spicy mayo ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Down 1lb at WI today. Delighted :D

@GT: You can take me off the list until the end of September as I have gained the last 2 weeks (apart from this week) and my wedding is in less than 2 weeks along with a POINT FREE :D honeymoon... so when I am back into a proper routine I will join in again!

Well day one back at ww and I'm pretty happy... ate 25 pp and I'm stuffed!

Feeling good, have spent last few weeks eating rubbish, and feeling guilty.. so no guilt today-nice feeling.

I worked out its 18 weeks till Christmas, my aim is to lose 1.5 lbs a week till then...:)

Theory test booked again for two and half weeks time! knot in my stomach....Been doing practice runs all evening....my head hurts....my stomach wants crap! Not even hungry....pure comfort like, will prob go to bed early. up semi early tomorrow anyways....need to get this mop on my head resembling a hairstyle again :) That'll be my reward for the agony that is this the theory test!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭blueshark22

Had my wi today, down nearly a stone in three week, absolutely thrilled.

Had my wi today, down nearly a stone in three week, absolutely thrilled.

Wow, well done! You have done fantastic. What's your secret?! It took be forever to lose my first stone :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

First WI last night after rejoining last week and down 2lb. Totally delighted with that.
    5-7lb to go to WW goal but my own goal is 9lb to lose now before Christmas.

Bring it on!

I've made a little graph on my work computer just to spur me on, heh heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Morning All!

Ok so down 1b last night. And yep I'm happy but I mentioned to my leader that I can't seem to lose more than that in a week and it's a little frustrating as I'm putting in such an effort and have done for 12 weeks and I'm only 8 pounds down from the start. It's tough going and I haven't had any slip up's really at all. Sooo.....

Was hoping on advice and opinions.

I don't eat my activity points as I don't want them as a treat and I'm enjoying being active and fit and don't want to see it as only doing it for a reward. In all the weeks I haven't eaten my 49 weeklies. The most I dipped in was last week by 8 I'd say?? Anyway leader thinks I should eat them this week especially if I'm doing plenty of exercise. I'm not sure if I'm doing a lot of exercise cos everyone on here seems to be great at it but last week was

Brisk Walking: 20-25km
    2 Jogs totalling: 13km
    1hr Zumba class

I'm just a tad nervous eating so much extra as I haven't before.....Any advice, opinions greatly appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Hi Maggie I would definitely eat your weeklies & see how you get on. I never eat my activity points ( I feel the same as you about the treat/ Reward aspect) but our daily points & weekly points allowance is designed in such a way that we should still be at a calorie deficit & thus lose weight even if you eat them all.

It's trial & error with alot of ppl, if you've not needed to eat them you're lucky & it probably seems daunting the prospect of eating more, but alot on here( including me) find we lose more the more of them we eat.

You might find that if you dint start eating some/ all of them that your weightloss will slow down because you aren't eating enough & you are doing slot of exercise try it for a couple of weeks & see how you get on? I find when I make a change or say up my exercise it takes till the following week to kick in & see results.

Maybe try spend them on an extra piece of protien each day or some good fats like nuts, seeds, avocado's olive oil etc. I find alot of ppl go on this super 'low fat' kick when they try to lose weight but our bodies need fat especially good fats. the weeklies are not there necessarily just for alcohol/ treats. They're there for what you want to use them for & they're there to be used, so don't be afraid or nervous & remember it doesn't mean the less you use the more you'll lose, it really does depend on the amount of activity you do as well & you're doing alot so I'd say eat some of them at least :)

I'll finish by saying everyone's journey is different what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another so it is as I say trial & error, we all lose weight @ different rates too & your journey shouldn't just focus on tge number on the scales, your body changes shape, you're losing inches, you are I'm sure feeling better in yourself overall so keep that in mind! :)

Hey Maggiemay...
    I would definitely try eating your weekly points this week to see if it helps. I know at the start from me I was nervous about eating them, and was losing same as you, when I began eating them I started losing more.
    What I can gather is that those 49 pp are incorporated into our daily points, as in our daily points are lower than they should be to allow for the weekly points, if you get me?

p.s. Kay has summed it up better than me, I'm dreadful at explaining things on paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 brenmcp

Hey ya'll

Am here lurking in the background all the time, nice recipe below

Indian Spiced Lentils Recipe

Total recipe – 13 pro points, divide as you will, will serve two easy, you can always bulk up the veg with the entire cauliflowerJ

Got a craving for Indian food, but don't want to use up a ton of your daily Points Plus allowance? Try these Indian Spiced Lentils, and get a tasty, healthy Indian food recipe that has just 6 Points + for each big serving. It makes a delicious Vegan or Vegetarian Weight Watchers Recipe to serve up as a low calorie main course or side dish.
    Ingredients

60 grams brown rice (recommend basmati)
    60 grams dried red lentils
    1/2 cauliflower chopped into florets
    1 tomatoes, chopped
    1/2 large onion, chopped
    120 ml veggie stock – one cube
    Splash water
    1 garlic clove
    Small bunch coriander, finely chopped
    ½ tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
    ½ tsp cumin
    ½ tsp turmeric
    1/2 tsp salt
    12 lime
    Instructions
    1. According to package instructions, prepare the brown rice.
    2. Spray a large saucepan with nonfat cooking spray and set over medium high heat. Add in the onion, ginger, and garlic and cook until onion is softened, about 3 minutes.
    3. Add in the turmeric, cumin, and salt and cook for another minute.
    4. Stir in cauliflower and tomatoes and sauté for another 3 minutes, then add in the water, broth and lentils and bring to a boil.
    5. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer about 30-40 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
    6. Stir in the rice and coriander and squeeze in the juice from the lime half.
    Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
    Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
    Diet type: Vegan
    enjoy!!!!!!!!

here ya go!

Hey everyone,

I hope that someone can help me

My brother hasn't been well these last few months and is just getting over chemo,as part of it he has been taking steriods that have balooned him up and anti nausea medication that has made him eat a lot more than normal. Anyway he was racked on a lot of weight as a result.

At the moment he is 23 and a half stones and really wants to do something about his weight, i have tried to get him to consider joining a meeting to no avail but myself and his wife have concocted between us to put him on the plan for a couple of weeks and then try him again....... Once he sees how it works so to speak. So am giving her all my material to get them going (she does all the cooking )but i dont know how many points a day he should be on and does he get the same weeklys as well? He is 34 yrs old, completely sedentery at moment and 6ft 3.
    Anyone help me?
    thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Hey all :)

I was down 2 LBS and I feel like I ate loads this week used up all my weeklies divided them up to use some extra every day. so I can say I do lose more when I use them up

Lainy you have me hooked on smoothies made one yesterday at lunch time for DH and I yummy bought loads of fruit and that to make more, they really do fill you up :)

We are off on our camping break on Monday to cape clear so going to save most of my weeklies for that and a glass of wine or two :)

so my mini goals is to lose
    1 pound off so I get that 1 stone lost
    4 pounds off 10% lost
    2 pounds away from dropping in to 11 stone mark
    bring it on!

GT you can take me off I dont know were to start again with were I was and am now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

brenmcp wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

My brother hasn't been well these last few months and is just getting over chemo,as part of it he has been taking steriods that have balooned him up and anti nausea medication that has made him eat a lot more than normal. Anyway he was racked on a lot of weight as a result.

At the moment he is 23 and a half stones and really wants to do something about his weight, i have tried to get him to consider joining a meeting to no avail but myself and his wife have concocted between us to put him on the plan for a couple of weeks and then try him again....... Once he sees how it works so to speak. So am giving her all my material to get them going (she does all the cooking )but i dont know how many points a day he should be on and does he get the same weeklys as well? He is 34 yrs old, completely sedentery at moment and 6ft 3.
    Anyone help me?
    thanks so much

Heya,

My point calculator on my android app gives me 68 daily points (which seems pretty high- does anyone else know if there is a cap?) but remember also that this would decrease as his weight goes down so might be worth investing in a proper calculator for him. I think the 49 weeklies apply to everyone. Maybe someone else might want to verify just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Hey everyone,

Anyone help me?
    thanks so much

This is a tool for calculating your daily allowance http://gnomes22.tripod.com/dailypptarget.html

• Advertisement

Jasus, 68 according to that as well, could anyone eat that much and really loose weight do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Jasus, 68 according to that as well, could anyone eat that much and really loose weight do you think?

There's a guy in my class who lost ten stone and is actually under his goal weight, he's on 55 JUST FOR MAINTENANCE. I've been on 44-46 points and I've lost almost a stone.

The bigger you are, the more points you need when you start so your body doesn't go into starvation mode.

plus men are will always be on higher points then women of same age/weight/height....they naturally have higher energy requirements than women...even tho we all know we run the show!

Lots of water, lots of fresh home made meals, the less processed the better, and lots of wholegrains.

I say for the time being, he shouldn't worry about exercise, his body has enough to deal with, it might be slow going, the steroids will take a good while to clear the body completely, so progress could be slow going, but he should still feel the benefits of healthy eating

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Hey everyone,

Anyone help me?
    thanks so much
    My DH was on steroids and takes them in meds for asthma but he was told to take something for fluid retention to help as the bloating can be from fluid retention I'm sure drinking enough water and that helps as well.

Hi everyone,

thank you all so much for your help, 68 points a day it is then, i'll let them know, really appreciate all the help!!

Thanks agains girls, love the support on here, it's great

B

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    someone was saying before about using courgette instead of lasagne sheets.....

how would i go about that? do i need pre cook or do anything special with the courgette? skin on or off ect?

Hey Lainy.. I do mine with a potato peeler and slice the courgetter lengthwise.. so you get long strips.. Jamie Oliver has a way of cutting courgette so they are the same shape as penne pasta ! This is the recipe.. if I find the video I'll send to you.. it really bulks up a meal and cuts down on the carbs / propoints in pasta .. and its yummy!

He first cuts the courgette in half and scoops out the seeds in the middle - so you lose a lot of the water.. then he cuts each half at an angle.. it worls really well...

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipe-print.php?url=beautiful-courgette-carbonara&forward_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.jamieoliver.com%2Frecipes%2Fpasta-recipes%2Fbeautiful-courgette-carbonara

NOM NOM !

Wanted to ask if i could post your muffin recipe on my blog and credit u of course.. lots of people asking for it... Doll

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    someone was saying before about using courgette instead of lasagne sheets.....

how would i go about that? do i need pre cook or do anything special with the courgette? skin on or off ect?

Hey Lainy.. I do mine with a potato peeler and slice the courgetter lengthwise.. so you get long strips.. Jamie Oliver has a way of cutting courgette so they are the same shape as penne pasta ! This is the recipe.. if I find the video I'll send to you.. it really bulks up a meal and cuts down on the carbs / propoints in pasta .. and its yummy!

He first cuts the courgette in half and scoops out the seeds in the middle - so you lose a lot of the water.. then he cuts each half at an angle.. it worls really well...

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipe-print.php?url=beautiful-courgette-carbonara&forward_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.jamieoliver.com%2Frecipes%2Fpasta-recipes%2Fbeautiful-courgette-carbonara

NOM NOM !

Wanted to ask if i could post your muffin recipe on my blog and credit u of course.. lots of people asking for it... Doll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭blueshark22

m'lady wrote: »
    Wow, well done! You have done fantastic. What's your secret?! It took be forever to lose my first stone :(

Stuck religiously to my daily points and exercised like a looney!!

SkinnyDoll wrote: »

NOM NOM !

Sure no probs, but all i did was get it out of a unislim suppliment in a magazine and pointed it LOL

BRAN MUFFINS

Original recipe on link above.

I haven't blogged anything in ages...just been feeling so blah! Dear god ultimate cure for insomnia....practicing for Driving theory test...can barely keep my eyes open.....soooooo boooooooooring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 LaneyC

Hey everyone,

Just had my WI and I'm down 1lb this week which takes me to my GOAL & a half a lb below!!! I'm soooooo happpy! :D:D:D

I've lost 2 stone 12lbs in just under a year! For anyone that is feeling a bit disheartened, keep going, it's worth every bit when you hear the words "You've reached your goal!"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement