Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    The Maggi Paprika is gorgeous. Had it the other night. The whole pack is 3pp so in our meeting last week our leader said the knorr one was only 2. So I figured save a point has to be the same....Sometimes it's worth spending an extra couple of points. Had the Maggi one the other night with a baked potato and Tesco Garlic and Herb cram cheese. So good....

I normally get like 2 dinners out of 1 sachet of Maggi....i've pointed them at like 1/2pp at the most....NI is on the packet

according to the calculator on the ww website,

Maggi So Juicy Paprika is 2pp for the 34g Sachet :) I only use like 1/2 sachet at a time. The Garlic one is 3pp for 36g sachet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kenna3

Hi to all

got a shock at wi this eve,was expecting to sts or even be up a few as its totm BUT 3lbs down WOOHOO :)

So 0.5lbs off 5% loss

2lbs off first stone at ww (which will make it 2 stone as i lost a stone at gym before i joined ww)

12lbs in total in 5 weeks

yay me !!!!

Hope everyone is good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Monife wrote: »
    misslt wrote: »
    I don't mind the korma, quite nice with 60g of rice and a WW naan :)

Had a frozen pizza for dinner....25pp... But I had enough weeklies left. Feel uncomfortably full now though. Think a cup of peppermint tea will help!

Neeeed to start doing some exercise, I have got really unfit again :( but I can't bring myself to do it, I keep saying I will!

Inspire me people! :P

Misslt I am the exact same. A few months ago I was exercising 5 if not 6 times a week. I had got to week 5 of couch to 5k, was able to jog 20 minutes (only the one time though) and then I just completely gave up. I am finding it extremely hard to get back into exercise. Today I forced myself and kept telling myself even a small walk is better than none. And once I was doing it, I was grand, it is just the fact of getting out there and doing it.

You need to kind of give out to yourself. I did a 3k walk, which by my old standards isn't great (was used to walking 4 or 5k most days, some days a bit more) but delighted I did it and going to try and keep it up. If you have someone to walk with that make it a bit more motivating but dont rely on it because a day when they might not be available, you need to still get your bum out :)

All right, all right, I did some Zumba :P

Thanks for that, twas the kick in the arse I needed!

When I get like this I need to ask myself how badly I want this...simple as that!

Feel good after that, forgot how much fun it is.

Hoping I haven't hit a wall cos I'm back on the pill...I think it's just psychological putting weight on when you're on it...mind over matter. Would be a pain given I wanted to lose weight to be able to go back on it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

Hi folks havnt posted in a while but read the thread everyday, you guys keep me motivated! :) went back to ww today after a few weeks of not being able to attend meetings. Down 3 pounds! Delighted as that's my Italy weight gone plus .5 for good measure! 2 pounds to goal, they seem like the biggest 2 pounds in the world but I'll motor on!

Have fallen in love with zumba! Seriously good exercise, fit to collapse at end of each class, but in a good way! Such fun too, although I'd say if I was to try the steps in front of a mirror I don't look nearly as good as I think I do! :)

Got the magi paprika today in shopping after reading about it here, looking forward to trying it.

Lainy I'm on a total strawberries buzz too lately, with a crushed meringue nest and some light avonmore cream, delish!

I feel remotivated! I think taking up a new exercise can kick start the weight loss journey again, so those of you feeling demotivated why not try something new, whether it be a new exercise or maybe some new foods. I really think it's ok to treat yourself every week too, I mean the weeklies are there for the little extras.

Sorry for the long post I'm rambling! K

Hi folks havnt posted in a while but read the thread everyday, you guys keep me motivated! :) went back to ww today after a few weeks of not being able to attend meetings. Down 3 pounds! Delighted as that's my Italy weight gone plus .5 for good measure! 2 pounds to goal, they seem like the biggest 2 pounds in the world but I'll motor on!

Have fallen in love with zumba! Seriously good exercise, fit to collapse at end of each class, but in a good way! Such fun too, although I'd say if I was to try the steps in front of a mirror I don't look nearly as good as I think I do! :)

Got the magi paprika today in shopping after reading about it here, looking forward to trying it.

Lainy I'm on a total strawberries buzz too lately, with a crushed meringue nest and some light avonmore cream, delish!

I feel remotivated! I think taking up a new exercise can kick start the weight loss journey again, so those of you feeling demotivated why not try something new, whether it be a new exercise or maybe some new foods. I really think it's ok to treat yourself every week too, I mean the weeklies are there for the little extras.

Sorry for the long post I'm rambling! K

I'm doing WI every 2 weeks...just to try....see if i take the stress of a WI out....would it help....had a sneaky peak today....DOWN 2lbs in 10 days :D

Only thing i'm doing is LOADS of strawberries and bananas in smoothie form! Definitely getting my 5 portions of fruit & veg in now!

Today I tweaked it so now my smoothies are 0pp...instead of milk or yoghurt...just a dash of good ole water....small dash if i want it thick...bigger dash if i want it more liquid, the water helps too if the banana's are still a bit hard. and the strawberries 1.99 in lidl :D

I must be on a vitamin high or something...cos i have tonnes of energy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

im sooo unmotivated right now and soooo off the wagon but still read this thread every day, keeping me hanging in there(just about!)
    anyway I think the thing Ive learned for today is smoothies are the way forward! Well done everyone on the great losses being posted!...

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Lainy I do boxercise twice a week in my local leisure centre I'm in loais so can't help with location in cork I also do zumba the boxercise would be a much higher level intensity than zumba in my class we do a 10 min warm up of jogging and skipping then 10 mins of aerobics with boxing in it then 25 mins of punching with a partner and pads doing jumping jacks between boxing reps its a great workout I love it great for getting rid of some stress!

elsy wrote: »
    Lainy I do boxercise twice a week in my local leisure centre I'm in loais so can't help with location in cork I also do zumba the boxercise would be a much higher level intensity than zumba in my class we do a 10 min warm up of jogging and skipping then 10 mins of aerobics with boxing in it then 25 mins of punching with a partner and pads doing jumping jacks between boxing reps its a great workout I love it great for getting rid of some stress!

oooh yeah that kinda boxercise sounds great! my fitness isnt as good as it used to be...but its pretty good...for someone of my weight!

Just found this, http://www.totalfitnesssystems.ie/fitness_training_courses_wexford/online_fitness_training.html might be of interest to some ppl

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

misslt wrote: »

Neeeed to start doing some exercise, I have got really unfit again :( but I can't bring myself to do it, I keep saying I will!

Inspire me people! :P
    Misslt I am the exact same. A few months ago I was exercising 5 if not 6 times a week. I had got to week 5 of couch to 5k, was able to jog 20 minutes (only the one time though) and then I just completely gave up. I am finding it extremely hard to get back into exercise. Today I forced myself and kept telling myself even a small walk is better than none. And once I was doing it, I was grand, it is just the fact of getting out there and doing it.

You need to kind of give out to yourself. I did a 3k walk, which by my old standards isn't great (was used to walking 4 or 5k most days, some days a bit more) but delighted I did it and going to try and keep it up. If you have someone to walk with that make it a bit more motivating but dont rely on it because a day when they might not be available, you need to still get your bum out :)

I was beginning to think it was just me! I know it sounds weird but its like I just don't have the energy/get up and go during the summer that I have in the winter months! I can't wait till September and more routine!!!
    I have avoided my WI for the last three weeks, I have done a home wi at the same time each week and I've sts for 3 weeks now. I'm still pointing and being good :o but the lack of excercise is really my downfall at the moment. The last couple of lbs is a bloody nightmare! Having said that i spent an hour and a half on the trampoline with the kids this afternoon so hopefully that counts! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

definitely go for it. any class I've ever gone to always have catered for all levels of fitness when I first started I was very unfit but after 6 months I'm actually one of the fitter ones in the class I started at 14 stone 8lb I'm now 12 and half stone so still not a skinny minnie but my fitness has come on leap and bounds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

fionas046 wrote: »
    I was beginning to think it was just me! I know it sounds weird but its like I just don't have the energy/get up and go during the summer that I have in the winter months! I can't wait till September and more routine!!!
    I have avoided my WI for the last three weeks, I have done a home wi at the same time each week and I've sts for 3 weeks now. I'm still pointing and being good :o but the lack of excercise is really my downfall at the moment. The last couple of lbs is a bloody nightmare! Having said that i spent an hour and a half on the trampoline with the kids this afternoon so hopefully that counts! :p

I am so glad you said that, I can't wait to go back to college hoping it'll get me back on the straight and narrow! My day in work is more structured than college, but I find it easier to have a routine...weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Had my first weigh in tonight since being away. After five weeks in the States, eating crap food I actually lost 7 pounds! I did a fair bit of hiking and walking, I'm putting it down to that.

I was actually almost in tears on the scale, I got my first silver seven and I've lost 12.5 pounds so far. I don't notice the difference at all, I think I still look the same but I just want to keep going, I feel so motivated now.

Still can't believe it, I hope to lose 1.5 this week and get my second silver seven but if not I feel like I am in a much better mindset.

I didn't want to go back, I felt like it would be discouraging if I put up all the weight I lost. But I knew if I didn't go back I would definitely put up more weight.

Still in shock, so proud of getting my first silver seven!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

lizt wrote: »
    Had my first weigh in tonight since being away. After five weeks in the States, eating crap food I actually lost 7 pounds! I did a fair bit of hiking and walking, I'm putting it down to that.

I was actually almost in tears on the scale, I got my first silver seven and I've lost 12.5 pounds so far. I don't notice the difference at all, I think I still look the same but I just want to keep going, I feel so motivated now.

Still can't believe it, I hope to lose 1.5 this week and get my second silver seven but if not I feel like I am in a much better mindset.

I didn't want to go back, I felt like it would be discouraging if I put up all the weight I lost. But I knew if I didn't go back I would definitely put up more weight.

Still in shock, so proud of getting my first silver seven!!

Fair play girl! Half a stone gone!! On a holiday!! In America!! That's some achievement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

cailindana wrote: »
    im sooo unmotivated right now and soooo off the wagon but still read this thread every day, keeping me hanging in there(just about!)
    anyway I think the thing Ive learned for today is smoothies are the way forward! Well done everyone on the great losses being posted!...
    ........same as,its either in my head or out of my head,its just gone at mo!!!! when im good,im very good but when im bad im ROTTEN!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Well I took the bull by the horns and went back to ww this evening.. was up 1.5 lbs, which is not too bad considering I haven't been in 13 weeks. Anyway I'm gonna get back on track from tomorrow, and actually looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Grrrrrr, ...up .5lbs

just cant seem to break through the 14st into the 13s!:mad:

went from 14st3 to 14st4.5 to 14st0.75 to 14st1.25:rolleyes:

ah well, maybe next week;)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

I could eat for Ireland these days, don't know why, my routine is the same, I have the same stuff in the cupboards as since I started WW, I'm doing the same exercise - walking every day. Was really hoping to hit the 2 stone gone this month which would mean just another 3lbs to go but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. I am pointing and tracking but each day my points are going over, I've even eaten into my activity points this week which I never do. need a good kick in the butt!

NOW NO SNIGGERING AT THE FOLLOWING PLEASE!!!!! --;) :P:rolleyes:

Some of ye might remember I was on about getting a treadmill, well I did and my OH put it together for me three weeks ago so when he was done I decided to have a go on it and of course had to put in the program I got for using with it. He went downstairs to make a cup of tea and off I went, the volume seemed a wee bit low so I was turning it up, next thing I was on my ar*e on the floor, read the manual isn't a phrase to be bandied about too loosely in my house!!!
    Anyway I ended up with a big bump on my head, a big bruise on my ass, a pain in my rib when I cough or sneeze or laugh, and a rubber burn on my arm. (Oh and a severe loss of dignity and a telling off for not reading said manual!) Talk about getting fit killing you!!! Have barely been in the room with the treadmill since (for any Stephen King fans out there the treadmill is now called Christine!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Caros wrote: »
    I could eat for Ireland these days, don't know why, my routine is the same, I have the same stuff in the cupboards as since I started WW, I'm doing the same exercise - walking every day. Was really hoping to hit the 2 stone gone this month which would mean just another 3lbs to go but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. I am pointing and tracking but each day my points are going over, I've even eaten into my activity points this week which I never do. need a good kick in the butt!

NOW NO SNIGGERING AT THE FOLLOWING PLEASE!!!!! --;) :P:rolleyes:

Some of ye might remember I was on about getting a treadmill, well I did and my OH put it together for me three weeks ago so when he was done I decided to have a go on it and of course had to put in the program I got for using with it. He went downstairs to make a cup of tea and off I went, the volume seemed a wee bit low so I was turning it up, next thing I was on my ar*e on the floor, read the manual isn't a phrase to be bandied about too loosely in my house!!!
    Anyway I ended up with a big bump on my head, a big bruise on my ass, a pain in my rib when I cough or sneeze or laugh, and a rubber burn on my arm. (Oh and a severe loss of dignity and a telling off for not reading said manual!) Talk about getting fit killing you!!! Have barely been in the room with the treadmill since (for any Stephen King fans out there the treadmill is now called Christine!!!)

OMG Caros I am the exact same. I have been on the WW bandwagon since November and only in the last month or 2, nothing will fill me. I find I don't have enough points in the day and have to use my weeklies or if it is Monday (because I use all my weeklies on the weekend) I am either over on my points or if I have done some exercise, have to use those points. I think I am going to go through the pocket guide and pick out as many filling foods as possible to make good meals with and make them this weekend and if that doesn't work, then I do not know what will.

Re: Your treadmill. I am thinking of buying a treadmill too but everything I have read on boards is that you shouldnt buy one that is less than a grand because they are no use. My budget is half that. I really want a treadmill and really do think I will exercise more if I had one, I just (and I know some people will gasp) hate exercising outside and whenever I am home at my mums I am always on her treadmill. Where did you buy yours and have you any recommendations (businesses, treadmills or otherwise) from your research? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Monife, I got my treadmill in Elvery's - Hope I did the link there ok. It was reduced from €1000 to €600. It's so hard to know what to get and a lot of people recommended getting one second hand but I preferred to get a new one so I'd have some come back if something was wrong. it's really for the winter months I needed it as I have an hour commute to work each way and in the winter evenings won't feel like heading out.

From what I've read here on boards and other forums and heard from people don't go with Argos anyway, seems to be a lot of problems with their treadmills.

We collected ours from the store and OH put it together but for the sake of €50 extra I'd nearly say have them deliver it and put it together, it is a big heavy beast!

Oh and most important - READ THE DAMNED MANUAL!!!!! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

OMG Caros I am the exact same. I have been on the WW bandwagon since November and only in the last month or 2, nothing will fill me. I find I don't have enough points in the day and have to use my weeklies or if it is Monday (because I use all my weeklies on the weekend) I am either over on my points or if I have done some exercise, have to use those points. I think I am going to go through the pocket guide and pick out as many filling foods as possible to make good meals with and make them this weekend and if that doesn't work, then I do not know what will.

Re: Your treadmill. I am thinking of buying a treadmill too but everything I have read on boards is that you shouldnt buy one that is less than a grand because they are no use. My budget is half that. I really want a treadmill and really do think I will exercise more if I had one, I just (and I know some people will gasp) hate exercising outside and whenever I am home at my mums I am always on her treadmill. Where did you buy yours and have you any recommendations (businesses, treadmills or otherwise) from your research? :)

I got one from http://www.connection-fitness.co.uk from Reebok that is excellent. I think it was 600 pounds. My husband, who is tall, skinny, and quite fit, can run FAST on it, and I, the opposite can as well. It has incline as well, which I like, because I do a lot of hill intervals. They are very good there and will advise you. We were going to get one for 400 and they said that it would not be so good for my tall husband. Anyway, shipping to Ireland is 35 pounds and they had great service. I can't recommend them enough. If you order one, they will ring you to make sure it's the suitable one, etc.

The same treadmill was twice that in Argos and Elverys, but had a different name.

Sarah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 lemonpie

:confused: Hey all....can anyone reccommend some good exercise/weight loss apps? There are so many out there I don't know which ones to go for!!!

http://www.crazyfitathome.ie/ These guys are great, and they delivery, they are based in tipp, and delivered to cork! They are really professional, they are like the mahers sports of Tipp. I hear them all over the radio when I'm up that part of the country! I got a really good basic fold up treadmill for about 499 euro

lemonpie wrote: »
    :confused: Hey all....can anyone reccommend some good exercise/weight loss apps? There are so many out there I don't know which ones to go for!!!

Android

Weight Watchers Diary €2.26,

Cardio Trainer Pro €7.09
    you can link this to facebook, so it uploads your workouts to your facebook, i find that spurs me on...putting out there for everyone to see. You put music on your phone, and the programme will use that music as your workout playlist, and you get kinda a sports coach telling you how far you've done, it covers ALL cardio activities, walking, treadmill, jogging, walking, rollerblading, aerobics...its a HUGE programme, tonnes you can do.

It calculates the number of calories you've burnt based on your weight and how far you've gone in a certain time, its expensive, but it helps me. so its worth it,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mags87

Ok so I've just realised I'm in to week FIVE!! and have been down 4, up 1.5, down 3.5, up 1.....So no real change at all :( and I have been trying v hard. Using my android app to point EVERYTHING. But am finding the dinners the hardest. Does anyone else find it very difficult when they are not in charge of the meals in the house? Am off work for 2 weeks so am going to be really extra strict with myself and exercise every day. Also could some one please explain to me what this whole 1 + 1 is not always 2 thing? For example when I have bread I use the Brennans 7 grain coz I really cannot stomach the WW one. So its 1 slice for 2pp. And if I double all the values it is 4pp for 2 from the calculator. But should that be 5? I am so confused. And so if I am having something that only gives me the nutritional value per 100g, do I weigh what I am having and then work it out as say 100g has 10 points so 50g has 5 points? Any help would be much appreciated as my head is wrecked at this stage! :(

mags87 wrote: »
    Ok so I've just realised I'm in to week FIVE!! and have been down 4, up 1.5, down 3.5, up 1.....So no real change at all :( and I have been trying v hard. Using my android app to point EVERYTHING. But am finding the dinners the hardest. Does anyone else find it very difficult when they are not in charge of the meals in the house? Am off work for 2 weeks so am going to be really extra strict with myself and exercise every day. Also could some one please explain to me what this whole 1 + 1 is not always 2 thing? For example when I have bread I use the Brennans 7 grain coz I really cannot stomach the WW one. So its 1 slice for 2pp. And if I double all the values it is 4pp for 2 from the calculator. But should that be 5? I am so confused. And so if I am having something that only gives me the nutritional value per 100g, do I weigh what I am having and then work it out as say 100g has 10 points so 50g has 5 points? Any help would be much appreciated as my head is wrecked at this stage! :(

The android app I have, has 2 calculators on it, one for basic pp values, and a portion calculator...that if you only have the infor for 100g....and want to work out 15g....you can :)

weight watchers diary (MD Solutions) It's 2.26 and SOOOOOOOOO worth it.

and when it comes to bread....I use the 100g info...and actually weight the slices them selves...but i try to avoid bread as much as i can...killer on points...and not filling at all....that being said....i did pig out on toast last night! I avoid it WHEN i can....:( but i loves me toast and coco at night :(Must get my self back on the ryvita...its fecking in the press...i have no excuse!

and well tbh....you'll have to take control of your own meals...thats really the only way around it...its a pain the ass...if who ever is cooking isnt willing to cook healthy meals you will just have to go on cooking frenzies at weekends, freese, defrost and reheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

The one plus one thing is kinda confusing. Basically, WW doesn't have half point so in reality a slice of bread could be one and a half points, but it's marked as one. But, if you have two then it's 1.5+1.5 = 3. The best way to work everything out is use your calculator and if you're doubling up on any portions, double check the points.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

There are no half points on PP. So if something is 2.3 pts it's rounded down to 2. But 2 would be 4.6 so it's rounded up to 5. If it comes out at 4 on the calculator go with that - if something is 2.2pp then two will be 4.4 so in that situation it's 4. Hope that makes sense!!!

When I'm working out the PP with only info for 100g I use percentages of all the values. So for example if I'm having 60g of something I'll enter 60% of the protein value and so on. I'm not sure if that's the right way or the way most do it but it's worked for me so far.

H x

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

WI this evening and dreading it. I have exercised 5 days this week with walking and going to curves and used about 35 of my weeklies. Like a few others on here, i just can't seem to fill myself anymore. I am using way too many points during the day and then not enough left for a decent filling dinner.
    I have sneakily weighed myself a couple of times in the last few days and I actually think I'm up:(. Have lost 9.5 pounds to date but have been at this 8/9 weeks now......just feel like I'll never get to the stone mark. This weekend will be one of heavy drinking so next weeks WI wil be a right off. Uhh, so fed up at the mo:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mags87

Thanks so much everyone! Fingers crossed I get my self losing steadily now! Will keep ye posted. Also made a gorgeous soup yesterday - 4 leeks, 1 broccoli, veggie stock cube, cover all with water then when blending add in 30g of the tesco garlic and herb cheese. Was even better for lunch today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey would anybody have an idea how many pp would be in a subway? I got a half ft Italian herb with spicy cheese, lettuce,tomato,onion and cucumber.. even a guess so I know how many pp I have left.. I forgot all my ww bits this morning and stuck in work :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement