Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Low fat cooking spray
    400g bananas
    finely grated zest and juice of a lime
    200g wholemeal or white self raising flour (wholemeal gives nuttier taste)
    1/2 teaspoon mixed spice (I used some ginger and nutmeg)
    75g low fat spread
    110g light brown sugar
    2 eggs, beaten
    1/2 teaspoon runny honey

To make loaf you need 900g loaf tin, I don't so just made 12 muffins and they came out tasty as.

1. Preheat oven to 180C or 160C in fan oven. Line the base and spray with cooking spray.
    2. Mash the bananas with lime zest and juice and set aside. Sift the flour and spice into mixing bowl, rub in low fat spread with fingers and then add sugar.
    3. Stir the banana mixture and beaten eggs into the flour until smooth, then spoon into prepared tin. Bake for 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean. Drizzle over the honey. Leave to cool in the tin. Wil keep for 3 days in airtight container or freeze after slicing.

42 ProPoints for recipe. Makes 10 slices @ 4pps each. Or 12 muffins @ 4pps each also. I'd say you could tweak it and get it down to 3pps with a bit more banana and a little less sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

That recipe sounds fab Donna, thanks, will definitely make it during the week. Could be a nice change for a breakfast with a cappuccino!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Low fat cooking spray
    400g bananas
    finely grated zest and juice of a lime
    200g wholemeal or white self raising flour (wholemeal gives nuttier taste)
    1/2 teaspoon mixed spice (I used some ginger and nutmeg)
    75g low fat spread
    110g light brown sugar
    2 eggs, beaten
    1/2 teaspoon runny honey

To make loaf you need 900g loaf tin, I don't so just made 12 muffins and they came out tasty as.

1. Preheat oven to 180C or 160C in fan oven. Line the base and spray with cooking spray.
    2. Mash the bananas with lime zest and juice and set aside. Sift the flour and spice into mixing bowl, rub in low fat spread with fingers and then add sugar.
    3. Stir the banana mixture and beaten eggs into the flour until smooth, then spoon into prepared tin. Bake for 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean. Drizzle over the honey. Leave to cool in the tin. Wil keep for 3 days in airtight container or freeze after slicing.

42 ProPoints for recipe. Makes 10 slices @ 4pps each. Or 12 muffins @ 4pps each also. I'd say you could tweak it and get it down to 3pps with a bit more banana and a little less sugar.

I say if you try them as muffins, the baking time will be alot less too....sounds DELISH! think it might be too tempting for me....i'd be picking at it before its even cooled down!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I say if you try them as muffins, the baking time will be alot less too....sounds DELISH! think it might be too tempting for me....i'd be picking at it before its even cooled down!

Yeah, I did them for 35 mins and they came out lovely. We had a couple and the rest are now in freezer bags. Actually very very tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭blueshark22

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    does anyone have a easy healthy home made burger recipe? nothing too complicated....

What i have in the house
    lean steak mince,
    breadcrumbs,
    herbs/spices
    eggs,
    milk

Anytime i try to make them my self they end up falling apart...or too glooopy to from a shape

hit me with what you got! :D Does anyone know the PP for birds eye veggie quarter pounders....from what i'm seeing there like 7/8pp......SERIOUSLY.....VEGGIE BURGER?????? 8pp....I could have a big Al for that!

I've made these http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=7018382 before and they are delish! If you want a burger just make them bigger. Know you probably won't have everything in the house but it's a good receipe to have :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

The Gnocchi Putanesca from the current WW mag was delish and absolutely loads in it for 13 pp's per portion, in fact I couldn't finish the full lot this eve so when making again I'll just have a third of it and call it 9 pp's. I'll post the recipe tomorrow for anyone who hasn't got the mag.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Caros that's gas we make the same meatballs/burgers recipe :) it's a Jamie Oliver one I tweaked a bit years ago to suit my needs when I'm making meatballs I also chop up the stalks of my basil it gives a nice fresh zingy feel to it. I've come to the conclusion I'd starve if I didn't have garlic fresh basil good Olive oil chillis & tomatos cos I use all of them or a variation nearly every day! :P

Like you I love to cook so I tweaked my usual recipes to make more WW & PP friendly its the only way I can & am doing this long term. Risotto is my weakness I make it exactly the same as always ( another Jamie Recipe & from same book as the meatballs Jamies Italy I think?!) I just have a smaller portion & serve with a huge green salad & a glass of wine & have it as an occasional treat.

I definitely think you have to make WW fit into your own life not the other way around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 haleylooper

Definitely those recipes are healthy! Thanks Donna!

<fake sig snip>

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Caros that's gas we make the same meatballs/burgers recipe :) it's a Jamie Oliver one I tweaked a bit years ago to suit my needs when I'm making meatballs I also chop up the stalks of my basil it gives a nice fresh zingy feel to it. I've come to the conclusion I'd starve if I didn't have garlic fresh basil good Olive oil chillis & tomatos cos I use all of them or a variation nearly every day! :P

Like you I love to cook so I tweaked my usual recipes to make more WW & PP friendly its the only way I can & am doing this long term. Risotto is my weakness I make it exactly the same as always ( another Jamie Recipe & from same book as the meatballs Jamies Italy I think?!) I just have a smaller portion & serve with a huge green salad & a glass of wine & have it as an occasional treat.

I definitely think you have to make WW fit into your own life not the other way around.

Ha ha, my recipe for the burgers/meatballs is a tweak on a Gordon Ramsay one! Must try the basil stalks! I'm lucky in that my OH's sister lives in Crete and is married to a Cretan who presses his own olives for oil so each year we get a humongous 35 litre drum of their finest olive oil, lasts all year long with bottles going to the chosen few who deserve a taste! :p

Love the smell of basil when I come into the kitchen in the evening after a long day at work!

Definitely agree with you re making WW fit our lifestyle, and not fitting our lifestyle to WW, think it will make for being able to stick with a healthier approach to food in the long term. I adore cooking and during the week myself and OH pore thru the cook books to plan what we'll make on Saturday night if we're not going out as it's the one time we both have time to spend together in the kitchen. Haven't stopped the ritual since starting WW end April, but maybe instead of using half a litre of cream and half a pound of butter in recipes I've tweaked them to use a little and it hasn't done the taste of the finished product any harm.

From Weightwatchers mag - Sept 11

Serves 2, 13 pp per serving. (25pp per recipe)

This is a huge portion, though my OH quite happily ate it all with some extra left over lamb on the side. I ate about 2/3 of my half and was stuffed to the gills! So if you went with 1/3 of it I suppose you could say it's closer to 8 per portion that way.)

500 g pack gnocchi
    390 g carton chopped tomatoes with onions and garlic - ( I didn't have this so I used a tin of chopped tomatoes, a diced onion and a few cloves of garlic which I lightly fried till soft with a few sprays low cal spray oil)
    30g pitted black olives in brine.
    20 g capers
    Pinch dried chilli flakes
    Handful torn fresh basil leaves plus extra to garnish
    75g light mozarella, torn.

Preheat oven to gas 6/200 degrees c/ fan 180 degrees c.

Bring large pan water to boil, add gnocchi, boil for 2 mins till they float to the top. Drain, return to the pan and cover while you make the sauce.

Put chopped tomatoes, olives, capers, chilli flakes, and basil in a pan and heat for 1 to 2 mins till hot.

Combine with the gnocchi and spoon into a 1 litre ovenproof dish.

Scatter the mozarella over and bake for 10 - 15 mins until bubbling.

Garnish with the extra basil and serve with a green salad.

• Advertisement

STS
    Bit gutted but it's not the end of the world I guess. I don't know if I'll ever get past the first stone which is unfortunate as I still have 30lbs to go after that. Still, It's not the 44 that I had to lose when I started. I'll just keep with the exercise and pointing everything properly again this week and hopefully I'll have a double loss this time next week.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Hey guys, just to let you know, I've been substituting rapeseed oil for olive oil in stir frys etc, it doesn't have as much fat and I can't taste the difference. Also it's Irish made, always good to support Irish food!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gillygill

hey all havnt been on this tread for awhile as i have fallen off the wagon !! im too scared to weigh myself but id say im up about ten pounds :( nobodys fault but my own !!!

heres where im going wrong ... start work at 7.30am skip breakfast (as i get out of bed at like 7.15am lol ) then get my break at 10 am that is where i will have my lunch usually tuna etc then i have a break at 1.30 maybe have a piece of fruit . then when i get home im too hungry and grab what i can find usually end up eating sanbos r wraps as i want food that i dont have to wait on ....

ALSO . i find when i get to thursday i lose my drive and say ah il have this sure im going out the weekend anyways ...

i need help and a few new foods as i god bored eating the food the last time ! thanks guys xxxxx

Had my first weigh in in 13 weeks and was so happy.... I lost 4 lbs, that's the most I've ever lost in a week.. also reached the 10% loss too!!

Really happy, and feeling so motivated now ;)

Can someone please tell me how many pp a man would be on, he is 5'10 and 13 stone 6 pounds?

I do have a calculator but have no idea how to work out the points a person would be on...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Rebeleen

Just wondering if anyone here works in a bar? and if you do any tips to help in the weight loss especially when there's sooooo many temptations there, especially on quiet nights

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

gillygill wrote: »
    hey all havnt been on this tread for awhile as i have fallen off the wagon !! im too scared to weigh myself but id say im up about ten pounds :( nobodys fault but my own !!!

heres where im going wrong ... start work at 7.30am skip breakfast (as i get out of bed at like 7.15am lol ) then get my break at 10 am that is where i will have my lunch usually tuna etc then i have a break at 1.30 maybe have a piece of fruit . then when i get home im too hungry and grab what i can find usually end up eating sanbos r wraps as i want food that i dont have to wait on ....

ALSO . i find when i get to thursday i lose my drive and say ah il have this sure im going out the weekend anyways ...

i need help and a few new foods as i god bored eating the food the last time ! thanks guys xxxxx

I get up at 6. I usually have a banana on the way to work, which keeps me going till my break at 9.30 when I have my breakfast. That sets me back on track for the day so have my lunch and dinner as usual.

I used to eat breakfast when I got up which meant I ended up having two! The way I do it now really works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

m'lady wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me how many pp a man would be on, he is 5'10 and 13 stone 6 pounds?

I do have a calculator but have no idea how to work out the points a person would be on...

Hi m'lady, how old is he?

Boop22 wrote: »

Sorry forgot to say he is 27.
    Actually Boop, if you have a minute is there anyway you could explain to me how do you get someone's daily pp on the calculator? I've lots of friends who ask me,and I've tried with calculator but can't!!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

gillygill wrote: »

......same as,up at 6.45 or 7.15 depends on which shift im on,can't fuction without tea and toast,tea-break at 9.45 or 10.00,lunch 12.45 or 1.30,tea-break 3.30 and home to cook dinner for rest of clan,plus i work in a kitchen!!!!!so pickin,lickin and tasten goes on a lot!! very hard to stay on track

• Advertisement

m'lady wrote: »

Sorry forgot to say he is 27.
    Actually Boop, if you have a minute is there anyway you could explain to me how do you get someone's daily pp on the calculator? I've lots of friends who ask me,and I've tried with calculator but can't!!

I don't actually have the calculator, I have the android app on my phone sorry. But its telling me he has an allowance of 42 points :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

soooooo, close!!

down 1LBS today, down to ...14st0.25LBS

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

hey does anyone know the website for working out someones daily pp?

Layla0509 wrote: »

Hi Layla, I don't know the website but if you give me their weight, height, age and sex, I can work it out on my phone:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Layla0509 wrote: »

Hope the attached works, just enter stone and pounds(under scales), age, height in m and gender.

It will give the points and show where you are on BMI scale.

some-one might test it agains the WW app or the WW calculator please

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

http://gnomes22.tripod.com/dailypptarget.html

That's the website for calculating for your daily points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Hi Layla, I don't know the website but if you give me their weight, height, age and sex, I can work it out on my phone:)

alot of websites might give wrong pp result, its still ah pretty hush hush secret formulea from ww. but plenty of us here have calculators and phone apps, so we can help u out :)

BIG tefel frying pans on offer dunners €12 SOOOOOOO worth it! got one this morning so had a lovely 2 egg cheese and onion omlette for lunch no oil :D wooo! and it was actually nicer without being all greesy from oil!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Did you not even need to use spray oil?? Totally need to get a good one, and I need to invest in a good wok as well

I don't actually have the calculator, I have the android app on my phone sorry. But its telling me he has an allowance of 42 points :-)

Thanks Boop..much appreciated. Now just to annoy u again, could u tell me the app you use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I recently purchased my 1st ever android mobile phone as I wanted to get the ww apps.

I bought the cheap vodafone one for €40 via fatcheese or €60 from Vodafone.

I bought the app points plus and I find it fantastic.

I also the bought the Ww points app and that is even better as it accesses a database of all foods and their power points values.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement