Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

I haven't posted on here in ages because I'm taking a break from weightwatchers as I'm on holiday in France at the moment, but I'm still keeping up with how everyone is doing in the hope that it'll remind me not to overdo it! My husband was away with us, but had to go back home today because he has to work, so that'll put an end to the glasses of French wine we've been enjoying the last few nights. Hoping to get loads of walking & swimming done this coming week & hopefully the gain won't be too much by the time I get home.

Good luck everyone with WIs this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ld2011

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    since I've started having smoothies twice a day....my clothes have gotten way looser!

2 bananas, 100g Strawberries, Fist full for fresh mint leaves, and 150ml skimmed milk. Makes about a pint of smoothie, for 1pp,

I'm having about two a day, 1 at breakie, 1 at lunch :)

So i'm getting my fruit in, and extra bit of calcium aswell, I know its alot of bananas, but they kind of agree with me, and they are in liquid form, so easier for the body to breakdown :)

YEAH I FIND THEM GREAT TOO, AND SOMETIMES I'LL PUT IN A WHOLE ORANGE, MORE INTO JUICEY SMOOTHIES NOT REALLY INTO MILK. I FIND IF I HAVE A SMOOTHY FOR 2 PP FOR BREAKFAST, CRACKERS AND LOW LOW TRIANGLE CHEESE AT 11 KEEPS ME GOING TIL LUNCH, AS I'M NOT INTO CEREALS IT'S WAY BETTER THAN MY USUAL TWO SLICES OF TOAST WITH HAM!! AND IT'S A GREAT WAY TO GET RAW VEG IN TOO, ONE RAW CARROT DOESN'T ALTER THE TASTE AT ALL BUT MAKES IT MORE SUBSTANTIAL AND HEALTHY!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Quorn Cumberland Sausages 2pp each...hmmmm wonder if there nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

The WW sausages are actually lovely and only 1PP per sausage. Superquinn also do low fat sausages that are 2PP each but I have only ever seen them once, they too are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

If you have them and don't expect them to be like real sausages there nice :) Seriously though there a little dry but tasty, defo need beans or gravy with them...

• Advertisement

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    If you have them and don't expect them to be like real sausages there nice :) Seriously though there a little dry but tasty, defo need beans or gravy with them...

oh yeah,they'd need something with them, im thinking of trying them, maybe with some mashed potato and gravy! bangers and mash....ah yeah i know there are other ones for 1pp....but i dont find them filling at all and I LOVE big Cumberland sausages...I just like the idea of the quorn ones, cos I'm not big veg person, so if i cant increase my veggie intake...i can at least try to reduce my meat intake a lil...and just make it all that lil bit healthier :)

For dinner tonight was in the mood for one my mums "old dinners" tonight....which is basically beef mince, in gravy plopped onto of potatoes....kinda sloppy joe kinda thing, simple....looked awful....but god it would be so nice!

200g beef mince cooked with onions and gravy, poured over 300g new potatoes with skins on, and peas and corn....

Still have 10pp left for later on :) I had 11pp for breakie (BIG breakfast cos i was going to be out all day) 8pp for lunch, 17pp for dinner, (incase ppl were thinking i wasnt eating.....trust me oh boy I eat haha)

Having a nice big filling dinner really works for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭blueshark22

Hey, have been reading this thread for a while now, thought it was time to throw my 2cents in!

Joined ww a few weeks ago , my third weigh in day is this wednesday , have lost 10lbs so far, only 5 stone plus to go :)! Even though i have a lot to lose i have always been very active its the food that has really got me this way.

I have stuck rigidly to the points system for nearly 3 weeks now, without using any activity points , my strategy being I don't want to reward myself for doing exercise by eating (simply because i have rewarded/comforted myself with food and drink for years for numerous achievements/disappointments).

I also haven't used any weekly points. Just wondering do people generally use the weekly points for genuine occasions or do they incorporate them into the daily points because they feel they need them.

Also from reading here, it seems that you are not allowed to weigh yourself during the week, i wasn't aware of that from my meetings or does it say it somewhere in the books?
    Thanks in advance , all advice welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

Can anyone help... I've gone very off track over the last few days, have my WI on tues and don't want to be up. What's the best option to try and have a loss - get as much exercise as possible in tomorrow and tues morning or live on soup and fruit?? Any tips for a 'quick fix' while I promise to be good from here on in?

Thanks in advance for any tips that anyone can offer!

Tangled wrote: »
    Can anyone help... I've gone very off track over the last few days, have my WI on tues and don't want to be up. What's the best option to try and have a loss - get as much exercise as possible in tomorrow and tues morning or live on soup and fruit?? Any tips for a 'quick fix' while I promise to be good from here on in?

Thanks in advance for any tips that anyone can offer!

there really isnt any "quick fix" dramatically under eating is really bad for you...and will prob only lead to a gain the next week....just eat your daily points, exercise, loads of water, and use your points on LEAN healthy foods and if your up....well then your up, it wont be the end of the world, and it'll hopefully motivate you to get back on and stay on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Bit of a bumpy weekend, wasn't too bad until today, I got two violet crumbles (australian chocolate bar) in Dundrum yesterday and ate 1 and a half of them :o

Don't really care though, don't get them very often :P

3 WI's to my birthday and 5lbs to my second stone, so thats my mini goal for the min!

Ready brek for breakfast tomorrow, pasta and salad for lunch and making lasagne for dinner, om nom nom! Lots of housework to do tomorrow so that'll be a bit of exercise, and then walking tomorrow evening.

Bring it on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

Ah yes, went back to WW after 6/7 month break last Thurs and am now officially the heaviest I've ever been :o so here I go again.

Can't believe all the changes on the boards, hope its all for the good.

Just reading through the posts, some great tips and ideas and of course some great support.

Hope everyone has a great week.

T xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Peeps,

here's this weeks results.

If you havent sent me your WI for a while put still ant to be part of the list, please PM me as I'll be removing people that havent sent WIs for 4 or more weeks again next week.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea how many propoints are in a Rasberry Flake McFlurry? I had one yesterday but i had 18 of my weeklies left. I dont think it would be any more than that though... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

Micki wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone have any idea how many propoints are in a Rasberry Flake McFlurry? I had one yesterday but i had 18 of my weeklies left. I dont think it would be any more than that though... :D

They don't have the nutritional values for it on their website - I pointed a dairy milk one at 11 then stuckon an extra 2 for the syrup.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Tangled wrote: »
    They don't have the nutritional values for it on their website - I pointed a dairy milk one at 11 then stuckon an extra 2 for the syrup.

Yeah i was thinking about that myself! I weight in tomorrow anyway so probably wont have to use any of my remaining 18 weeklies so that should definitely cover it.... It could have been worse i suppose, i could have indulged in a big burger and fries... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Cooked up a storm this weekend. Made a nice big sweet chilli low fat bacon stirfry which should last me 3 lunches this week. Tried out ww recipes for pancakes with banana jam (wasn't my fave), Irish beef stew with dumplings (pretty nice) and made a lovely apple and rasberry crumble (bit dry but gorgeous with a bit of low fat cream). My new season of trying new things is definitely kicking off. Let's hope for a loss tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IndigoBlue

fofany wrote: »
    Indigo blue, that banana icecream sounds & looks amazing.

Well, it ain't Haagen Daz but it's not half bad! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

hey all, anyone know if it is 0pps for a hard boiled egg if you only eat the white??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    hey all, anyone know if it is 0pps for a hard boiled egg if you only eat the white??

1 egg white = 0PP
    2 egg whites = 1PP

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

Caros wrote: »
    I got the September issue last Wednesday or Thursday I think, next edition is due 1st September. Nice recipes alright - Gnocchi puttanesca bake - saw packs of fresh gnocchi last week in Tesco's, Beef and aubergine lasagne, recipes for tapas - are some of the ones I honed in on!

Weighing, pointing and tracking EVERYTHING today! Downwards!!!!

I made the beef and aubergine lasagne and it was quite good. Even my picky kids ate it and they maintain they don't like aubergine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

I'm veggie and not on weightwatchers (just popped by for a nose ;))

But quorn sausages aren't great I'd definately prefer linda McCartney ones if they're around the same points.
    Nutritional info:
    http://www.lindamccartneyfoods.co.uk/sausages.php

I find them easier to pick up in dunnes or supervalue than tescos :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nickiewh

I rejoined WW about 3 months ago and had a few goals in mind. The first was to loose 1 stone for my sisters 21st. I reached this and felt great. Then I went through some really bad weeks of being up and down 1lb here .5lb there. I got so sick of this that I kind of gave up. Not totally but I haven't been counting much and no exercise. I really want to get back on the road but can't seem to get my head in the game. I haven't been to a meeting in two weeks and feel sick at the thoughts of going back tomorrow night. I just keep thinking about all the time have lost over the last month or so that I should have been loosing. Any idea's to get me back on track. I just feel like im looking up a mountain and don't know where to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

nickiewh wrote: »
    I rejoined WW about 3 months ago and had a few goals in mind. The first was to loose 1 stone for my sisters 21st. I reached this and felt great. Then I went through some really bad weeks of being up and down 1lb here .5lb there. I got so sick of this that I kind of gave up. Not totally but I haven't been counting much and no exercise. I really want to get back on the road but can't seem to get my head in the game. I haven't been to a meeting in two weeks and feel sick at the thoughts of going back tomorrow night. I just keep thinking about all the time have lost over the last month or so that I should have been loosing. Any idea's to get me back on track. I just feel like im looking up a mountain and don't know where to start.

I feel your pain. I would advise to just get the weigh in over with. What's the worse that can happen? It's just a number. Try to take each day as it comes and get through it as best you can. Can you make smaller goals and achieve each of those so that you see progress?
    I'm also in a bit of a rut due to stress at home, visitors, and work. I'm trying to kick start myself as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

nickiewh wrote: »

I'd definitely agree- bite the bullet and go to the WI. At the end of the day if you've put on you've put on whether you know how much or not. Take the feeling of regret about the last few weeks wasted and think how that'll gave grown by next week, next month! And you might get a pleasant surprise - I'm sure you've learnt things that you were putting into practice without being fully aware.

As for getting back on track after the weigh in I guess it's just back to the basics! Plan, weigh, track everything. how do you track? If you've an iPhone I find the iWatcher tracker a godsend. It's always with me so I've no excuses to not track religiously.

Best of luck. You have all the tools you need - you'll be back on track in no time!!

P x

Just had a very odd sensation.....and that was that i WANT to go use the treadmill......considering I've only had 2 cups of coffee (weak) I'm bounding with energy....tho i have had alike six pints of water.....gaspling today! LOL

Just had a very odd sensation.....and that was that i WANT to go use the treadmill......considering I've only had 2 cups of coffee (weak) I'm bounding with energy....tho i have had alike six pints of water.....gaspling today! LOL

It's ok Lainy go with it.....I was actually looking forward to Zumba after work. On a Monday AND it's raining, what's happened to us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

Hey Lady Lainy,
    Since you're always so helpful and you said you wanted to try some veggie stuff I'll throw up a few recipies I make that I THINK might be lower in points. :)

Broccoli and blue cheese soup:
    http://www.unislim.com/food-a-recipes/item/10392-broccoli-blue-cheese-soup
    I use frozen broccoli and it doesn't taste very blue cheesey

Butternut squash soup:
    http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetarian-recipes/superb-squash-soup-with-the-best-parmesa
    The crotons aren't veggie and by all accounts not nice but the soup is yum, spray oil could be used instead but watch the sage leaves don't burn

Mushroom indian curry:
    http://www.indianrelish.com/mushroom/mushroom-masala.html
    If you use fresh garlic I think you only have to point the oil, I like to use diffenet mushrooms like chestnut/porcini

Spinach and ricotta lasagne:
    Passata
    4 sheets of lasange pasta (I often boil the dry sheets for 10-12 minutes so it's not too long in the oven)
    Full/low fat ricotta
    Bag of frozen spinach
    Salt and Pepper
    Cheese to sprinkle on top
    Dry fry the spinach, turn off the heat and add the ricotta, salt and pepper
    Half the passata, 2 sheets of pasta, spinach mixture, 2 more lasagne sheets, rest of the passata and sprinke with cheese
    Oven for 30-45 minutes

Spinach frittata
    4-5 medium eggs
    Fry oil
    splash of milk
    Bag of frozen spinach
    Salt and pepper cheese to sprinkle
    Fry spinach in oil for 3-4 minutes, add mixed milk and eggs turn down heat and leave on the hob for 10 minutes, season add cheese and leave under the grill till the eggs are cooked and cheese melty :)

If you search the nutrition and diet forum you'll find cauliflower rice that is quite nice.

Of the quorn stuff the crispy chicken, chicken nuggets and breaded flavoured chicken are nice and seem lower in calories.
    The plain chicken pieces (like the cumberland sausages need to be drowned in sauce to make them palatable)
    Beside the mince, the beef stuff isn't great but the fish fingers are nice :)

Hope this is allowed here but they're healthier for pizza style things,
    Can you tell I was doing food for a halloween party ;)
    http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/pizza-mummies-688188/
    English muffin sliced in half
    Passata
    Topping of your choice
    Cheese
    In that order, oven for 10 minutes and yummy

Really not trying to convert you but I didn't know where to start when I started eating veggie. Might help someone forced to throw a dinner part for a fussy veggie too ;)

OMG, actually OMG. Lainy with all this talk about pasta'less lasagne I figured I would try it. I tweaked it a bit as I was making it just for one, so I used one of those single served lasagne dishes.

- 100g quorn mince (3PP)
    - 100ml passata
    - onion, mushroom to fry with quorn and passata and tsp of splenda
    - courgette strips, i used the potato peeler so they were really flat thin strips
    - half a tub of Lidl Linessa cream cheese instead of white sauce mixed with herbs and chopped garlic (2pp)
    - 30g light cheddar cheese (3pp)
    - extra herbs and spray oil to be on safe side (1pp)

I smeared the cream cheese over the courgettes after i laid em out like pasta

25-30 mins in the oven
    Didn't turn out runny at all

Fantastic dinner the nicest in a while for 9pp. Thanks for the recipe idea Lainy!!

A pic of the lasagne creation (yip thats how proud I was!) :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kenna3

Evening all

WI tomorrow eve, as its totm and my first wi at this time im not stressing to much and would be happy if i sts if i have a gain ill just raise the head and move forward with the week,try not to let it get me down

Anyway was wondering could anyone help me out with this:
    the pp value of 200g cooked mashed potatoe (plain without butter etc..) ive been having 150g for 3 pp so is it as simple as 1pp per 50g therefore 200g is 4pp? I know with some things eg. ww bread 1 slice is 1pp but 2 slices is 3pp,1+1 does not always equal 2.

Also with the quorn mince is the pp value when cooked or weighed raw before cooking?

Thanks for any advice and hope everyone is doing well

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement