Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    OMG, actually OMG. Lainy with all this talk about pasta'less lasagne I figured I would try it. I tweaked it a bit as I was making it just for one, so I used one of those single served lasagne dishes.

- 100g quorn mince (3PP)
    - 100ml passata
    - onion, mushroom to fry with quorn and passata and tsp of splenda
    - courgette strips, i used the potato peeler so they were really flat thin strips
    - half a tub of Lidl Linessa cream cheese instead of white sauce mixed with herbs and chopped garlic (2pp)
    - 30g light cheddar cheese (3pp)
    - extra herbs and spray oil to be on safe side (1pp)

I smeared the cream cheese over the courgettes after i laid em out like pasta

25-30 mins in the oven
    Didn't turn out runny at all

Fantastic dinner the nicest in a while for 9pp. Thanks for the recipe idea Lainy!!

Oh I'm so trying your version sometime! I dont want to overdose on courgette too soon, or i'll get sick of it....i had it like 4 nights in a row with dinner last week. the courgette is REALLY filling isnt it? shocking!

I've had buckets of water, done 30 mins on treadmill, and still have 7 dailies left, good breakfast, good lunch, good dinner :)

FEELING great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

A pic of the lasagne creation (yip thats how proud I was!) :D

Maggie do you like courgette? I ask because I don't but would be very interested in making that lasagne if you can't taste the courgette. Also, what is the texture like? I am a big texture person and hate anything soggy/gloopy/sauce-y. :o

@Lainy: Just tried the Maggi SO Juicy Paprika chicken.... OM NOM NOM!!! Had it with roasties and carrots and it was gorgeous. I used to always drown my roasties in oil when cooking them (pre-WW) but now the little trick I do to make them extra crispy and tasty is a few sprays of the spray oil before putting them into the oven and a good dash of rock/sea salt. Very tasty!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Monife wrote: »
    Maggie do you like courgette? I ask because I don't but would be very interested in making that lasagne if you can't taste the courgette. Also, what is the texture like? I am a big texture person and hate anything soggy/gloopy/sauce-y. :o

@Lainy: Just tried the Maggi SO Juicy Paprika chicken.... OM NOM NOM!!! Had it with roasties and carrots and it was gorgeous. I used to always drown my roasties in oil when cooking them (pre-WW) but now the little trick I do to make them extra crispy and tasty is a few sprays of the spray oil before putting them into the oven and a good dash of rock/sea salt. Very tasty!! :)

I actually do like courgette but you can't taste it in this really. It was more like the texture of pasta....I think its because I left the strips for a little bit and there very thin with peeler and dabbed them with kitchen towel to soak up excess water. Then I think using cream cheese made it less watery, I added a drop of slim milk to loosen it when mixing through garlic and herbs. I kept it all as dry as possible (only 100ml of passata maybe less, enough to mix it) so when it went in oven it was dry but came out lovely. 2 layers of courgette one on bottom and middle and when I was cutting it it still had a bit of bite. Hope that helps!

Monife wrote: »

I dont know if you'd like the courgette lasagne if your picky about textures...it is a "different" texture...took me a few mouth to get into it, but only way you'll find out is if you try, but maybe try it on a day where u know u have a backup dinner in the fridge/freezer incase u hate it.

Yeah i have tried the paprika chicken one yet....oooh actually forgot i had it in the press...might do that tomorrow night for dinner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

Hey everyone I was wondering if someone can help me find a recipe that I used awhile back but forgot to save it to use again :( , it was a weightwatchers recipe for Thai beef curry and it had red curry paste and coconut milk in it.
    I'm not sure if it was on this thread where I got it but maybe someone will know what one I mean - I hope so anyway cos it was delicious :D

• Advertisement

kenna3 wrote: »
    Evening all

WI tomorrow eve, as its totm and my first wi at this time im not stressing to much and would be happy if i sts if i have a gain ill just raise the head and move forward with the week,try not to let it get me down

Anyway was wondering could anyone help me out with this:
    the pp value of 200g cooked mashed potatoe (plain without butter etc..) ive been having 150g for 3 pp so is it as simple as 1pp per 50g therefore 200g is 4pp? I know with some things eg. ww bread 1 slice is 1pp but 2 slices is 3pp,1+1 does not always equal 2.

Also with the quorn mince is the pp value when cooked or weighed raw before cooking?

Thanks for any advice and hope everyone is doing well

:)

I always point potatoes and Quorn raw :) Takes the guess work out

Jewow wrote: »
    Hey everyone I was wondering if someone can help me find a recipe that I used awhile back but forgot to save it to use again :( , it was a weightwatchers recipe for Thai beef curry and it had red curry paste and coconut milk in it.
    I'm not sure if it was on this thread where I got it but maybe someone will know what one I mean - I hope so anyway cos it was delicious :D

This might be it

Thai Chilli Beef Curry

ProPoints® Value: 13
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 20 min
    Cooking Time: 20 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Forget the takeaway menu! Instead capture the flavours of Thailand in this easy one-pot curry. Perfect for the weekend and it won't throw your budget off track.

5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    300 g Beef, Rump Steak, 88% Lean, 11% Fat, Raw, cut into strips
    1 medium Onion, All Types, thinly sliced
    1 medium Pepper, Red, deseeded and cut into strips
    20 g Curry Paste, all types, Gang Ped Red Curry Paste
    1 individual Chilli, Green or Red, deseeded and thinly sliced
    1 can(s) Blue Dragon Coconut Milk, Reduced Fat, (400g)
    1 cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, made up with 500ml water
    1/2 medium Lime, Whole, juiced
    240 g Noodles, Egg, Dried
    150 g Mange-tout, halved
    125 g Green Giant Baby Cobs, (baby corn cobs)
    2 tablespoons Coriander, Fresh

Instructions
    Spray a wok or sauté pan with low fat cooking spray. Add the beef and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until seared and browned. Add the onion and pepper and stir-fry for 2 more minutes.

Stir in the Thai red curry paste, chilli and lime zest, stirring for a few seconds, then add the coconut milk and stock. Bring up to the boil, then reduce the heat. Add the noodles, mangetout and baby corn and cook for a further 5-6 minutes, until the noodles are tender. Add the coriander and a squeeze of lime juice, then serve.

Oh Lainey that's it!! Thanks a million :D
    Can't wait to make it again

SuperValu Irish Strawberry Punnet (300 Grams)
    2 for 5 euro :D woooo BARGAIN!

Jewow wrote: »
    Oh Lainey that's it!! Thanks a million :D
    Can't wait to make it again

copy + paste it into word straight away :p

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    copy + paste it into word straight away :p

Done!! Boom!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭moonbloom

Hi every one.
    Just came across this thread. Brilliant. I think I tried UK WW forum at some stage but dont think you can participate. Some great recipes here. Been to WW on and off for over 20 years, but this new programme is class. I have lost over 3 stone since Feb ( not there yet) but lost the plot this week, hols, PMT, weather, any excuse. This is what I need for motivation. " Yes we can" :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭galwayhooker

weight.png

Tried to cut and paste a weight loss ticker from another site so hope it works - need motivation
    Have been in ww for the pas 6 years but have found in the last few years that my weight is going up again so am starting a new slate.My main aim is to get my BMI down and to fit nice and snug into fashionable clothes of course;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

First weigh in tomorrow after a month in America, expecting a big gain. Was mostly good but couldn't stop that mentality of "Well I'm on holiday and I deserve a treat" creeping in. But onwards and downwards after tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hope everyone is doing well... I haven't been on, as since I got back from a month long holiday,after which I lost a pound! I've been on the road to self destruction, and no idea why. I have eaten rings around me and absolutely dread to see how much I've put on.
    I'm starting back in ww tomorrow, I need to but am desperately trying to get back in the 'zone' so to speak. Anyway sorry for my rant, just feeling annoyed with myself right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hi all,

Any of you know the pp in Linda McCartney sausages?
    I've been eating the Quorn ones but I reeeeeeeeeally don't like them!
    From my veggie days I remember the Linda ones being much nicer.

Ta!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Down 1.5lbs today. Delighted to be back on track. Was a bit sad as I needed 0.5lbs more to lose my first stone but I'll have that next week for sure. Definitely feel motivated again which is the most important part of all this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

haven't weighed in since June as i'm maintaining but went in today and lost another 5lbs,,delighted:D:Di asked her what happens if i go too low as my goal weight is 9lbs more than i weigh now,and she said as long as i dont go below the lower part of my BMI i'm fine,,keep up the good work everyone!!!

dammitj wrote: »
    Hi all,

Any of you know the pp in Linda McCartney sausages?
    I've been eating the Quorn ones but I reeeeeeeeeally don't like them!
    From my veggie days I remember the Linda ones being much nicer.

Ta!

pointed them in dunnes, they are 3pp each

85% Lean Steak Mince on offer in Dunnes, 600g pack for 2.85,

Works out about 5pp per 100g

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

pointed them in dunnes, they are 3pp each

Thanks Lainy!

Sure I might just be better of with real saussies.

:D

dammitj wrote: »
    Thanks Lainy!

Sure I might just be better of with real saussies.

:D

I opted for birds eye veggie fingers instead, 2 of them for 3pp lol

Spent a fortune today :( on groceries nearly 60 euro on JUST ME! But I got a tonne of food for it....kinda two weeks worth....so isnt too bad really (60 euro is alot for just one person)

nearly 14 euro alone on steak mince....which when i portioned it out into 150g single servings...i got 16 baggies.
    3 punnets of strawberries,
    2 bundles of Bananas
    2 cartons of skimmed milk
    2 packs of Quorn (500g bags)
    2 boxes of veggie fingers
    Light Coconut milk
    Green Curry Paste
    2 bags Baby Potatoes
    ww korma sauce
    ww hot chocolate
    Light Salad Dressing
    Sweeteners
    ww jaffa cake roll things,

Always have chicken, rice, pasta, stock cubes/pots stocked to the high heavens. Apart from the jaffa cake things....not a bad trolly I must say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Hi All, I'm dizzy here from all the yo yoing the last month, down 1.5, up 1, up .5, down .5, up 1. I swear I'm so fed up, four pounds to go and I feel like I'm sabotaging myself!!! I can't stop buying sweets!! I keep telling myself that I'll point them and include them but obviously I'm counting too low, so now I've got to go cold turkey!! None at all til I lose the four pounds. Going for a jog at 7 with a friend of mine, only for her.. I havent exercised since I started ww in April so obviously I need to up that too.. Aaarrrrghhh, this is the last time I say next time I'll do it right!

Anyone in CORK know where they do kinda boxing fittness classes for WOMEN, kinda boxercise i think its called. I really like the boxing on the wii...so kinda thinking about stepping it up....and pushing my self....i dont mean like a boxing club now....like in a gym

http://www.boxercise.co.uk/

I'll be in town alot from september, and this time i'm not be prepared!
    have my driving theory test repeat 1st september, and IF i pass that, i'm signing up for a 6 month driving course that will cover the 12 RSA lessons,

Being productive....getting off my ass....filling my time....so i'm not at home complaining about how I never get off my ass...

I wanna start showing Rua (doggie) gotta drive to show! and well one the reasons i'm stuck at home so much...with nothing to do but eat...is cos i have no way of getting anywhere......seeee eventually I do come around...once ppl stop pushing and bullying me into driving i think about the positive side of it....

but yeah....boxercise classes anyone done them, tried them? Zumba is NOT for me...sweating in public is bad enough...but having to dance....while sober....not a chance...and i dont think they'd let take a vodka and coke into zumba! LOL

Not if you put the vodka 'in' the small coke bottle ;) Ahhh all the tricks from when I was younger. Boxercise, great choice. Did a class a couple of times and man it's tough but great. Afraid not down that end of the turf so can't help...

Lainy I see from your list you have the ww Korma. What's it like. I have a jar but haven't used it yet the colour tis a little off-putting so keep pushing it to the back of the press for an emergency dinner! Hmmm used the Knorr paprika shake tonight. Added veg in the bag and it came out really watery?? Didn't like much :( Sticking to the oul Maggi I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Lainy I see from your list you have the ww Korma. What's it like. I have a jar but haven't used it yet the colour tis a little off-putting so keep pushing it to the back of the press for an emergency dinner! Hmmm used the Knorr paprika shake tonight. Added veg in the bag and it came out really watery?? Didn't like much :( Sticking to the oul Maggi I think...

I don't mind the korma, quite nice with 60g of rice and a WW naan :)

Had a frozen pizza for dinner....25pp... But I had enough weeklies left. Feel uncomfortably full now though. Think a cup of peppermint tea will help!

Neeeed to start doing some exercise, I have got really unfit again :( but I can't bring myself to do it, I keep saying I will!

Inspire me people! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

misslt wrote: »
    I don't mind the korma, quite nice with 60g of rice and a WW naan :)

Had a frozen pizza for dinner....25pp... But I had enough weeklies left. Feel uncomfortably full now though. Think a cup of peppermint tea will help!

Neeeed to start doing some exercise, I have got really unfit again :( but I can't bring myself to do it, I keep saying I will!

Inspire me people! :P

Misslt I am the exact same. A few months ago I was exercising 5 if not 6 times a week. I had got to week 5 of couch to 5k, was able to jog 20 minutes (only the one time though) and then I just completely gave up. I am finding it extremely hard to get back into exercise. Today I forced myself and kept telling myself even a small walk is better than none. And once I was doing it, I was grand, it is just the fact of getting out there and doing it.

You need to kind of give out to yourself. I did a 3k walk, which by my old standards isn't great (was used to walking 4 or 5k most days, some days a bit more) but delighted I did it and going to try and keep it up. If you have someone to walk with that make it a bit more motivating but dont rely on it because a day when they might not be available, you need to still get your bum out :)

I've never used the knorr ones, i have the Maggi Paprika ones to try during the week.

yeah the ww korma is alright. yeah the colour is a lil like peanut butter....but its not bad....its alot nicer than it used to be, i only got it...cos my local dunnes NEVER have it, so i bought it while they had it. handy to have....for those lazy cooking nights....sometimes i just want a korma! :P

• Advertisement

I've never used the knorr ones, i have the Maggi Paprika ones to try during the week.

yeah the ww korma is alright. yeah the colour is a lil like peanut butter....but its not bad....its alot nicer than it used to be, i only got it...cos my local dunnes NEVER have it, so i bought it while they had it. handy to have....for those lazy cooking nights....sometimes i just want a korma! :P

The Maggi Paprika is gorgeous. Had it the other night. The whole pack is 3pp so in our meeting last week our leader said the knorr one was only 2. So I figured save a point has to be the same....Sometimes it's worth spending an extra couple of points. Had the Maggi one the other night with a baked potato and Tesco Garlic and Herb cram cheese. So good....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement