Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Thnks for the welcomes :) today is my fourth day on WW. I think I'm doing well but not seeing a huge difference on the scales. Keeping to my pts every day and have only used 5 of my weeklies.
    Going out for anniversary 2nite with my DH. Sooo nervous about eating out! Any advice for a newbie like me???
    C xx

Do you know where you're going? If so look up the menu before you go.
    Some tips would be to skip a starter, just have a main and share the dessert. Tomato based dishes are less points than cream dishes. Ask for sauces on the side. Grilled is better than fried. Be careful of salads because why they may seem like the healthier option some of them can be high in points particularly the caeser salad. If there is bread on the table let your husband take what he wants and then ask them to take away the basket. Hope that helps! Enjoy your meal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 clovestreats

Aw thanks for the tips, really helpful! Have saved almost all my weeklies for it but still don't want to gain. Saw the points for eating out, thought some of them were hilarious, "large chips = 24". I'm only on 29 a day! haha Will go for a pasta with tomato sauce too, I'll see can I pluck up the courage to ask for chicken grilled :P We're going to cafe bar deli because they have a half price sale on at the mo :) tks again -C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Aw thanks for the tips, really helpful! Have saved almost all my weeklies for it but still don't want to gain. Saw the points for eating out, thought some of them were hilarious, "large chips = 24". I'm only on 29 a day! haha Will go for a pasta with tomato sauce too, I'll see can I pluck up the courage to ask for chicken grilled :P We're going to cafe bar deli because they have a half price sale on at the mo :) tks again -C

cafe bar deli, in cork? LOVE That place :) GREAAAT coffee :D n

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Folks its really quiet here lately..how are we all doing?

Good, bad, indifferent?

I'm still eating well, I've slowed up on the exercise big time lately, and haven't lost anything more. It's good to know I can maintain my weight with how I'm eating, but I've so much more to lose I need to up the exercise again.

Made a conscious effort to do a bit over the weekend and I was happy with myself. :)

misslt wrote: »
    Folks its really quiet here lately..how are we all doing?

Good, bad, indifferent?

I'm still eating well, I've slowed up on the exercise big time lately, and haven't lost anything more. It's good to know I can maintain my weight with how I'm eating, but I've so much more to lose I need to up the exercise again.

Made a conscious effort to do a bit over the weekend and I was happy with myself. :)

weekends always quite....we all confess our weekend slips on monday :P haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I agree with you missit, it seems more quiet than normal,even for a weekend.. people must be away and stuff I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Guys,

I'm going to put a halt to the league for a while ... I got 3 entries this week?!?!?

Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

Hi all, I'm enjoying following this thread. Going for my third WI this Tuesday.

Sitting here trying to remember everything I ate this week - was very bad for tracking... from what I can reckon I've gone over on my weeklies by 21. Haven't added in an activity points and have been doing a bit of walking so I'm hoping that might balance it out :rolleyes: plus will be doing a big walk in the morning, so hopefully the news won't be too bad on Tues!

Right, that is it! I'll be back in college in a month! Tbh looking forward to a bit of structure in my day.....but i really gotta stop making excuses! and pull my finger out! no one is going to lose this weight for me!

I've done a huge clean out in my room this weekend...which gave me plenty of time to think! And made me wanna cop on! making a big batch of bran muffins in the morning!

I've done feck all real exercise last few weeks...keep making excuses for my self....when truth is....im pissing around...making excuses...then kicking my self why i havent lost 1lb.....its 450g....a lb....surely i can cop my self on and lose 450g a week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 marieclairexx

hey guys, just started this week and have a question.

In the guide it says 125g of extralean mince is 6pp.

I've got some Tesco reduced fat mince that states "typically less than 5% fat".

When i put the nutritional info into the calculator it comes out as 3pp.

Is it ok to trust this or am I cheating?:)

I wanna make sure I'm adding up properly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

If you post up the nutritional information on the back of the pack per 100g, we can check it for you?

If it is the Tesco Light Choices frozen mince, you might be right, I think I bought that before and it was low enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

The book is an average of 4 or 5 different brands so is an average based on the pp of each. If you are using something which has the NI I'd go by tge points that produces rather than the book. It's not cheating if you've calculated the points & the portion size correctly. The only exception to this rule is alcohol as there isn't enough info on the label to calculate it yourself ( it doesn't list the alcohol sugars)

I buy extra lean mince beef from M&S & it's quite low as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 clovestreats

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    cafe bar deli, in cork? LOVE That place :) GREAAAT coffee :D n

Yes, Cafe Bar Deli, Cork. I ordered (med/lunch portion) pasta with a tomato sauce and asked for it without the mozzarella. Unfortunately I was sooo disappointed. They must make up their sauces beforehand coz what I got was just thrown together, cud hav made sumthin better myself :P On the plus side, was really good and just had 2 biscuits in the evening (didn't go mad) so proud of myself for the first time in ages. Hope everyone else is doing well xx

I think it's quiet on here for a number of reasons. Ppl taking a break from WW, on holidays/ kids off school less pc time or just lurking & not posting. I know for me I rather post in our group than here anymore I generally only post to answer a Q but I check in to see how everyone's progressing :) there's definitely alot less of the regs from Jan-June here now but I guess that's part of the WW cycle. :)

I'm still very much on the wagon had a good loss this week (1.75lbs) but although I'm still in my routine I've found my weightloss to be much tougher over the last couple of months I don't honestly know why but I had a lot more STS & it's depressing but I keep at it because I am seeing physical changes even if the number on the scales hasn't reflected the work & effort!

I'm taking a 4 day break for Electric picnic it'll be the first time I'm not going to track & eat what I want without worrying about how many pp... I've worked damn hard & if I'm up afterwards so be it but I think the break will do me good!

I'm switching up my eating this week as well - alot more veggie than usual it's going well so far :)

Good luck to everyone with WI this week & to all the newbies welcome & goodluck with your WW journey!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

I'm still about, following everyone's progress on the thread. I havent posted much because I have just taken a break from WW for the last couple of weeks as I was on holiday in France. But, I'm home now & back on track. My scales at home show I have put on a few lbs, so I'm working at getting them back off again. I don't think I'll make my meeting tomorrow morning for an official weigh-in. I'm looking forward to the kids being back at school soon & I can get back to the meetings.

Good luck everyone with WIs this week.

does anyone have a easy healthy home made burger recipe? nothing too complicated....

What i have in the house
    lean steak mince,
    breadcrumbs,
    herbs/spices
    eggs,
    milk

Anytime i try to make them my self they end up falling apart...or too glooopy to from a shape

hit me with what you got! :D Does anyone know the PP for birds eye veggie quarter pounders....from what i'm seeing there like 7/8pp......SERIOUSLY.....VEGGIE BURGER?????? 8pp....I could have a big Al for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lizlemon

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Guys,

I'm going to put a halt to the league for a while ... I got 3 entries this week?!?!?

Sorry

Awww, that's okay GT!
    Thanks for taking the time to do it so far, I found it really motivational :-)

does anyone have a easy healthy home made burger recipe? nothing too complicated....

What i have in the house
    lean steak mince,
    breadcrumbs,
    herbs/spices
    eggs,
    milk

Anytime i try to make them my self they end up falling apart...or too glooopy to from a shape

hit me with what you got! :D Does anyone know the PP for birds eye veggie quarter pounders....from what i'm seeing there like 7/8pp......SERIOUSLY.....VEGGIE BURGER?????? 8pp....I could have a big Al for that!

When I make burgers Or meatballs at home I tend to not add breadcrumbs or milk/egg at all unless after I've mixed up the meat/herbs/spices the 'mix is too dry. If it is I Wisk 1 egg add it a little at a time to make sure the mixture doesn't get to wet I shape them let them rest for 20-30 mins & they don't seem to fall apart at all.

I don't have a Recipe per se but what I like to do is mix the following:

450/500g of extra lean mince beef
    1.5 tsp of smoked paprika
    2 cloves of garlic crushed/ grated
    1 tblsp of mixed herbs
    1 tsp of dried chilli flakes ( if using powder use half that amount)
    1 tsp of dried cumin
    Freshly ground salt & black pepper.

But I like a bit of spice in my burger. When I make meatballs I always grate in a handful of freshly grated parmesan cheese it really adds flavour & is a nice bit of 'fat' in the extra lean mince & leaves a nice taste in the pan to make my sauce in after I've fried off the meatballs.

When making them into shape I tend to have a bowl of cold water beside me to dip my hands in it gives a bit of 'wetness' to shape the burger rather than milk/ egg

• Registered Users Posts: 46 dietdiva

a grated carrot is great for keeping burgers moist too - no need for milk or egg whites nd tastes yum too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 marieclairexx

cheeers for the replies.

It says this on the pack of mince:
    Per 125g
    Protein – 26.1
    Carb – 0.0
    Fat – 3.4
    Fibre - 0

I'm getting 3 points for 125g, is that definitely ok? I've been counting at is 6 for the last few days and itd be nice to think I can free up some points, as I like mince!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

cheeers for the replies.

It says this on the pack of mince:
    Per 125g
    Protein – 26.1
    Carb – 0.0
    Fat – 3.4
    Fibre - 0

I'm getting 3 points for 125g, is that definitely ok? I've been counting at is 6 for the last few days and itd be nice to think I can free up some points, as I like mince!:)

yep that's 3. I use that too its perfect

Hi everyone, I haven't been around for ages, was on hols and has taken me a while to get my head back into it. So here I am back after 4 weeks out and was 2lbs up at ww last week. This week going ok so onwards and downwards

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

GTI - No bother re the motivational league, at least my blushes are spared with my horrid weight increase last week!!!!

Kay 80 - You make the same type burgers/meatballs as me down to the parmesan inclusion! So delish!!!

Had a good enough weekend food wise but have opted out of walking this past week to let my rib heal up after the treadmill incident and thankfully it's almost mended I'd say, pain has decreased a hell of a lot anyway!

Going to make the Gnocchi puttanesca recipe from this month's WW mag for dinner this eve - if anyone wants the recipe I'll put it up later, sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Caros, does it show you how to make the Gnocchi yourself or do you use pre-bought??

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Caros, does it show you how to make the Gnocchi yourself or do you use pre-bought??

I'm taking the lazy way out Maggie and using a bag of shop bought ones! Made them myself before and they were easy out, that time had them with a blue cheese and cream sauce but don't think that would be advisable now :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Ha ha, no probably not...that sounds gorgeous tho.... Shop bought is a good plan but I might look into it if you say there easy enough to do. Would love to try it! Defo post receipe tho, I can use either so depending on the cooking humour of the day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Ok, This might sound like one of the daftest questions ever but I was wondering If I could use the WW banana bread recipe to make banana muffins instead? It looks like essentially the same ingredients as those which go into making muffins. Any suggestions welcome :)

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Ok, This might sound like one of the daftest questions ever but I was wondering If I could use the WW banana bread recipe to make banana muffins instead? It looks like essentially the same ingredients as those which go into making muffins. Any suggestions welcome :)

ww banana bread recipe?????? you mean the one in the august magazine, did you point that recipe? i havent had a chance to yet.

I'm making a big batch of banana bran muffins tomorrow...bananas going a lil soft :p so they're Juuuuust right!

wooohooo! got my ass on the treadmill today! 30 mins....hey its 30 mins more than i been doing lately

I definately gotta plan better! My days just go better when I know what I'm having for breakie lunch dinner (snacks) the day/night instead of standing there at 2 o clock going ooooohhhh eeeeeeh aaaaaah crap what am i going to have for lunch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

ww banana bread recipe?????? you mean the one in the august magazine, did you point that recipe? i havent had a chance to yet.

I'm making a big batch of banana bran muffins tomorrow...bananas going a lil soft :p so they're Juuuuust right!

wooohooo! got my ass on the treadmill today! 30 mins....hey its 30 mins more than i been doing lately

I definately gotta plan better! My days just go better when I know what I'm having for breakie lunch dinner (snacks) the day/night instead of standing there at 2 o clock going ooooohhhh eeeeeeh aaaaaah crap what am i going to have for lunch!

It's in one of the WW cookbooks I have. I'll give it a shot sure and let you know how it goes. I tried the bran muffins but the OH was not so keen so I thought I'd give these a try this time instead.

That's good about getting back on the treadmill. Man, trying to motivate myself lately has just gotten really hard. I'm fine getting up and going out for a walk at lunchtimes (I try and have something to do from going to the papershop to buy my weekly copies of Look and Grazia (Wednesdays) to getting my weekly topup of fruit and veg (Mondays)). I could do those things much closer but I have a better chance of doing my hour walks if I have something at the end of them. It's the cross trainer in the evenings that has become a chore for me. I manage it once or twice a week but the 5 times a week plan went down the drain weeks ago.

I do hear what you're saying about the planning as well. I try and plan out meals for the week on a Sunday evening and then go and get any additional ingredients I need on a Monday so I stick to the plan. Day of reckoning tomorrow, have I dropped that all important 0.5lbs to reach my first stone lost. I bloody hope so lol

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭galwayhooker

weight.png

Yay - was down 2.5 pounds today!Wana keep up my motovation

• Advertisement

donnamc5 wrote: »
    It's in one of the WW cookbooks I have. I'll give it a shot sure and let you know how it goes. I tried the bran muffins but the OH was not so keen so I thought I'd give these a try this time instead.

That's good about getting back on the treadmill. Man, trying to motivate myself lately has just gotten really hard. I'm fine getting up and going out for a walk at lunchtimes (I try and have something to do from going to the papershop to buy my weekly copies of Look and Grazia (Wednesdays) to getting my weekly topup of fruit and veg (Mondays)). I could do those things much closer but I have a better chance of doing my hour walks if I have something at the end of them. It's the cross trainer in the evenings that has become a chore for me. I manage it once or twice a week but the 5 times a week plan went down the drain weeks ago.

I do hear what you're saying about the planning as well. I try and plan out meals for the week on a Sunday evening and then go and get any additional ingredients I need on a Monday so I stick to the plan. Day of reckoning tomorrow, have I dropped that all important 0.5lbs to reach my first stone lost. I bloody hope so lol

ooooh I LOOOOOOOVE banana bread, would you mind posting it sometime :)

Also managed to take the dogs up the fields for a run....they run....I walked :P but clocked in another half hour walking thru high barly ...thats tough on the legs...its like walking in water....so between the two I got an hour in :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement