Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Caros wrote: »
    I got the September issue last Wednesday or Thursday I think, next edition is due 1st September. Nice recipes alright - Gnocchi puttanesca bake - saw packs of fresh gnocchi last week in Tesco's, Beef and aubergine lasagne, recipes for tapas - are some of the ones I honed in on!

Weighing, pointing and tracking EVERYTHING today! Downwards!!!!
    i got it last week too,lovely recipe for a beef and aubergine lasagne for 9pp per serving alsoone for mediterranean chicken,nearly like lainys one stuffed with cheese and wrapped in ham!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Double Strawberry Flan

Serves 8, 4pp per serving!

1 Large Sponge Flan, (200g)
    200g Fresh Strawberries
    400ml Boiling Water
    1 Sachet of Birds Low Fat INSTANT Custard (75g)
    1 Sachet of Greens Quick Gel (Or 35g of baking Gelatine)

Sounds like a really delicious "dessert" without reaching for crap and chocolate, lots of fresh fruit....i say one could easily doit wi
    th summer fruit, mixed fruit...kinda what ever is in season. even some kiwi would be nice in with the strawberries, and garnish with fresh mint.

Click the Link for the video on how to make it!

http://www.rosemaryconley.tv/Recipes/Sweets-Desserts/Double-Strawberry-Flan.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    far from the expert....i did munch my way thru a packet of ryvita thins....but hey....cud have done ALOT worse than ryvita!

Had a BIIIIIIIIIG dinner...and tonnes of fruit if u do want something later...but i'm ready for a food coma now....today was grocery shopping day....nothing in the fridge...freezer packed...but had no milk, no eggs, no salad, no fruit, so lunch was skimpy today...thats why i was hungery....cous cous and ryvtia and coffee LOL

But had a HUGE Hearty DEVINE dinner. loads of protein, had two stuffed chicken breasts, spuds...with skins...FIBRE!,Gravy & Salad ooooooh 20pp (well into my weeklies) but i'm stuffed and proteined up to my eyes :P

Mountain of fruit for breakie tomorrow

Plenty of protein at lunch, maybe chicken omelette or something...

and.....might make spag pol with REAL beef mince :P as a treat....thats hilarious....red meat is my treat LOL

I think I am going to have the same sort of day today, had fruit for breakfast, so resisting the urge to go back in to the kitchen! :)

I had strawberry/banana smoothie, which was 100g strawberries, 2 bananas, dash of skimmed milk, and 1 ww strawberry yoghurt, Also had 40g porridge, + 150ml skimmed milk, with pears, And skinny mocha

8pp :D and STUFFED!

Saved some strawberries for later, incase hunger monstor strikes and I'll make another smoothie with lunch.

thinking about it...out in the pub....i'll pay 5.50 euro for a pint of cider....but cribbing about 3 euro for strawberries...feck it, im worth it! haha :P

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Saw strawberries yesterday in Aldi yesterday €2.49.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

I have been trying to use fruit for my morning break in work instead of cereal bars, yoghurts and anything that has propoints. I had found i was using between 5-7 propoints for morning break after having my breakfast and then having to go into my weeklies for dinner!!! But i am finding that it is not filling me, i am hungry quicker!

I think i will go back to using the points for my break because last week i used all my dailies & all my weeklies and ran and done kettlebells 6 days of that but didnt use exercise propoints earned and i lost 4.5lb. I have gone under the weight watchers goal, i just have another 10lb to go to my personal goal so a weight loss of 4.5lb at this stage was a big deal, well to me anyway!!

I think using all the weeklies does work in helping loose weight is what i'm really trying to say!! :D

Micki wrote: »
    I have been trying to use fruit for my morning break in work instead of cereal bars, yoghurts and anything that has propoints. I had found i was using between 5-7 propoints for morning break after having my breakfast and then having to go into my weeklies for dinner!!! But i am finding that it is not filling me, i am hungry quicker!

I think i will go back to using the points for my break because last week i used all my dailies & all my weeklies and ran and done kettlebells 6 days of that but didnt use exercise propoints earned and i lost 4.5lb. I have gone under the weight watchers goal, i just have another 10lb to go to my personal goal so a weight loss of 4.5lb at this stage was a big deal, well to me anyway!!

I think using all the weeklies does work in helping loose weight is what i'm really trying to say!! :D

Especially if your kettle bells, you need the extra food, so you would need to use your weeklies i say. I'm getting back into the kettle bells this week, and dear god.....they have made SUCH a difference already, and i definitely need to eat more when doing the weights! I think with weeklies it defiantly comes down to what ur eating.... When i spend them on chicken, ryvitas, soft cheese, eggs, spuds, i'm okay, but when i spend them on pasta, bread, rolls, toast, im doomed....

Especially if your kettle bells, you need the extra food, so you would need to use your weeklies i say. I'm getting back into the kettle bells this week, and dear god.....they have made SUCH a difference already, and i definitely need to eat more when doing the weights! I think with weeklies it defiantly comes down to what ur eating.... When i spend them on chicken, ryvitas, soft cheese, eggs, spuds, i'm okay, but when i spend them on pasta, bread, rolls, toast, im doomed....

Yeah i couldnt believe how hungry i was the few days after i started using the kettlebells! I thought it was my imagination! I hated normal weights but like the kettlebells and i get to incorporate squats and lunges in some of the exercises too so thats all good! I have been at them 2 weeks and i could swear i can see a little difference in my biceps! Maybe thats in my head too!!

Yeah i couldnt believe how hungry i was the few days after i started using the kettlebells! I thought it was my imagination! I hated normal weights but like the kettlebells and i get to incorporate squats and lunges in some of the exercises too so thats all good! I have been at them 2 weeks and i could swear i can see a little difference in my biceps! Maybe thats in my head too!!

nah....they do make a difference....i did them all last summer, lunges squats, star jumps, plus used dumbells, (under trainer instruction) and fecking hell...i could actually see it...and i'm the worst critic of my self...a coat i got in the states a year before starting ww....if i put it on me now....i can actually fit my 4 year old cousin in the coat with me....Well that was summer....but with college i didint have time or mental motivation for weights...so i went blodgy and soft again :p and i had full intention to my self back into for the summer but other things got in the way.....but this week now...my mental motivation is back, even if the scales are bad....my shape WILL get better....in the past week alone...i've noticed the bloating going way down....and when im doing weights....its PROTEIN i CRAVE....kinda find my self going oooooh wonder if theres any chicken ....instead of wondering if there's any digestives around LOL.

Going to start taking measurements next week....so if even if the scales are bad....but the measurements are good i can say havent lost weight....but i've lost X inches..with my head held high....my aunt is totally old school....she thinks its all about the scales! oh u hadnt lost weight....u must not be doing it right...

Yeah a lot of people i know dont even believe in scales! I went to see a trainer and she told me to stay off the scales but mentally i need to see on the scales to control myself if that makes sense, i need it for reassurance! What routine do you follow for the kettlebells? I just have a few i got off You Tube and the net...

• Advertisement

Used to do the same Micki, have porrideg - 40g - and fruit before I left for work round 7.30 ish, then yogurt and fruit for break round 10.30 - 11, and be bloody starving by lunch time, 1.30 to 2 so what I do now is porridge & fruit as normal, have some homemade soda bread 4 or 5 pp's and banana at break and leave the bread bit out of my lunch and have ham/chicken/turkey with salad at lunch or sometimes the fruit and yogurt will do me and I've still a good amount of points for dinner and it really keeps me going far better all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Hey,
    Just wondering if anyone can explain to me how using all your weeklies will actually make you lose more than if you don't eat your weeklies?:confused:
    I have found tis to be true on a couple of occasions myself but it makes no sense to me. I thought i was being good by not eating any of them and hoping for a big loss but that wasn't the case, I have actually seen better results in the weeks that I have used at least half of them:o

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hey,
    Just wondering if anyone can explain to me how using all your weeklies will actually make you lose more than if you don't eat your weeklies?:confused:
    I have found tis to be true on a couple of occasions myself but it makes no sense to me. I thought i was being good by not eating any of them and hoping for a big loss but that wasn't the case, I have actually seen better results in the weeks that I have used at least half of them:o

In think if you are eating less than you should be on a diet then your body kind of goes into starvation mode instead of letting you loose weight, its kinda like a machine, it needs fuel to work. I think that really applies if you are doing a lot of exercise too. Our leader says that a lot that you have to be eating enough to loose weight too...

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

In think if you are eating less than you should be on a diet then your body kind of goes into starvation mode instead of letting you loose weight, its kinda like a machine, it needs fuel to work. I think that really applies if you are doing a lot of exercise too. Our leader says that a lot that you have to be eating enough to loose weight too...

Thanks Micki that makes sense really when you think of it that way, I just thought I was doing myself a favour by not eating any of them. Maybe I'll try using some of them this week but on healthy filling foods (instead of alcohol and "treats"). Fingers crossed I get a better reult. thanks again:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Heya

I don't know if this will help anyone but I created a little meal planner to put on my fridge so that I have all my dinners for the week planned out in advance (handy for reminding you what to defrost every night). It's been working for me so I thought I'd post it for anyone that wants it.

D x

Thanks Micki that makes sense really when you think of it that way, I just thought I was doing myself a favour by not eating any of them. Maybe I'll try using some of them this week but on healthy filling foods (instead of alcohol and "treats"). Fingers crossed I get a better reult. thanks again:)

Ha ha dont worry i will be doing the same soon! I'm just avoiding alcohol and treats for a couple of weeks to get the last few lbs gone! That is the only reason i have been using my weekly pps on my dinner and stuff! I think when i get to my personal goal, it will be easy to maintain then because of all the exercise and good habits now... So i can enjoy myself at the weekend and stay in my routine during the week! Thats the way i am looking at it anyway!

Yeah a lot of people i know dont even believe in scales! I went to see a trainer and she told me to stay off the scales but mentally i need to see on the scales to control myself if that makes sense, i need it for reassurance! What routine do you follow for the kettlebells? I just have a few i got off You Tube and the net...

Its one the trainer did out for me, kinda circuits of lunges, swings, presses, and squats, step ups, cardio and bench work with dumb bells and resistance bands...the trainer i had is a local woman, who lost all her weight on weight watchers...and then became a personal trainer from that.
    She's travelled all over the world studying fitness, she went to america and got formally certified by kettlebell to teach it. being a woman too made it easier too for me....saw her twice a month, she'd do out a new "Plan" each time i saw her, and i'd do that programme for two weeks then go back to her...and she cud tell if you were doing it or not. BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT!
    Cos its about the breahting and posture aswell, to engage the different muscle groups, when to tighten up, when to breath in when to breath out ect.

Just had a WHOLE tortilla Quiche + salad 13pp! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 NimmyZ

After my wobble last week I'm back on track now. Down 3 lbs. That's 4 stone 7.5lbs. Which is more than what my 4 year old weighs! Holy Moly! Feeling good today people.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kenna3

Double Strawberry Flan

Serves 8, 4pp per serving!

1 Large Sponge Flan, (200g)
    200g Fresh Strawberries
    400ml Boiling Water
    1 Sachet of Birds Low Fat INSTANT Custard (75g)
    1 Sachet of Greens Quick Gel (Or 35g of baking Gelatine)

Sounds like a really delicious "dessert" without reaching for crap and chocolate, lots of fresh fruit....i say one could easily doit wi
    th summer fruit, mixed fruit...kinda what ever is in season. even some kiwi would be nice in with the strawberries, and garnish with fresh mint.

Click the Link for the video on how to make it!

http://www.rosemaryconley.tv/Recipes/Sweets-Desserts/Double-Strawberry-Flan.aspx

hi lady lainy

thank you very much :)

and for all on the strawberry hunt i got strawberrys in lidl for 1.99...happy days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kenna3

Hey,

Hi Boop22

Like you i thought i was being very good not using the weeklies and was afraid id have no loss if i did.Im only four weeks into my ww journey and have been sticking to just my dailies and doing good so far but from what ye all seem to be saying ye have good wi's even if you use some of the weeklies...i might give it a go this week and see is there a difference ;)

• Advertisement

Had a total OMG moment yesterday, badly needed new trousers for going out as my 18's are awful on me and the size 16 one i got beginning of July is sagging round the arse, they'll do ok for work for a while but going out is a different matter :cool:

Anyway went to Dunnes, got a size 14 , yah me!!!! :D It is 24 years since I last bought a size 14 - to say I am a happy little weightwatcher is understatement!!! They were on sale and only €7, tried for other colours but they only had 18's in white and navy - when I'd be looking for 18's they'd never have them and certainly not in the sale!!! Then went to Debenhams and bought 2 tops in their sale (BOGOF) also .... Size 14!!!!

Half my lifetime ago I bought size 14 last! Can't stop going wow, and I have noticed the amount of times I managed to get the words size 14 in this post too ;):D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Had a total OMG moment yesterday, badly needed new trousers for going out as my 18's are awful on me and the size 16 one i got beginning of July is sagging round the arse, they'll do ok for work for a while but going out is a different matter :cool:

Anyway went to Dunnes, got a size 14 , yah me!!!! :D It is 24 years since I last bought a size 14 - to say I am a happy little weightwatcher is understatement!!! They were on sale and only €7, tried for other colours but they only had 18's in white and navy - when I'd be looking for 18's they'd never have them and certainly not in the sale!!! Then went to Debenhams and bought 2 tops in their sale (BOGOF) also .... Size 14!!!!

Half my lifetime ago I bought size 14 last! Can't stop going wow, and I have noticed the amount of times I managed to get the words size 14 in this post too ;):D:D

Brilliant well done you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ld2011

hmmmm silly question....

but would frozen fruit work fine in smoothies? Should i thaw them first before using them in liquidizer? the one i have doesnt do ice cubes, so i dont know if it would do "frozen fruit".

I ALWAYS USE THE FROZEN RASPBERRIES/STRAWBERRIES IN SMOOTHIES THEY'RE SOOOO HANDY, GRATE & CHOP A RAW CARROT, ADD A BANANA SOME FROZEN BERRIES AND A NON FAT YOGHURT, DONE IN A MINUTE SOOO HANDY FOR BREAKFAST.

ld2011 wrote: »
    I ALWAYS USE THE FROZEN RASPBERRIES/STRAWBERRIES IN SMOOTHIES THEY'RE SOOOO HANDY, GRATE & CHOP A RAW CARROT, ADD A BANANA SOME FROZEN BERRIES AND A NON FAT YOGHURT, DONE IN A MINUTE SOOO HANDY FOR BREAKFAST.

**PEEL AND CHOP, NOT GRATE!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IndigoBlue

No...they're not giving it away, you've got to make this zero point delicacy yourself, but well worth it. The only thing is that you must like bananas!

The science bit: Making 'ice cream' from bananas is possible due to the relatively high fat content they have. End of science bit.

What you will need:

a decent blender/food processor

Sliced, ripe bananas that have been frozen overnight or at least 5 hours.

That's all! Well...maybe a cone to put your scoop in, I pointed Askey's cornets at 0 each as well, so here goes.

Place the frozen bananas in the processor, pulse at first, as they are fairly solid and you don't want to damage your blades. You will need to scrape down the sides with a spatula periodically. After a minute or so, the mix will look grainy, like very clean sand, keep processing for another min or 2 and you will have something resembling the pic!

Mine does have a half a walnut in it but that's the only addition. I've also tried adding a few frozen raspberries near the end and the mix was firmer, and looked more like the kind of scoop ice cream you get in shops. Ok, so it's not the real thing, but if you like bananas (there's no escaping the taste!) you may like this. It's a great way of using up bananas that are getting too ripe, and you can keep the extra slices in the freezer to use whenever. I haven't measured exactly but based on what I used, I would say there is about half a banana in each scoop - depending on the size of your banana, of course! :rolleyes:

Enjoy!

p.s. I can't upload the pic, it keeps telling me I'm not logged in when I try, will keep trying though

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IndigoBlue

finally

IndigoBlue wrote: »
    No...they're not giving it away, you've got to make this zero point delicacy yourself, but well worth it. The only thing is that you must like bananas!

The science bit: Making 'ice cream' from bananas is possible due to the relatively high fat content they have. End of science bit.

What you will need:

a decent blender/food processor

Sliced, ripe bananas that have been frozen overnight or at least 5 hours.

That's all! Well...maybe a cone to put your scoop in, I pointed Askey's cornets at 0 each as well, so here goes.

Place the frozen bananas in the processor, pulse at first, as they are fairly solid and you don't want to damage your blades. You will need to scrape down the sides with a spatula periodically. After a minute or so, the mix will look grainy, like very clean sand, keep processing for another min or 2 and you will have something resembling the pic!

Mine does have a half a walnut in it but that's the only addition. I've also tried adding a few frozen raspberries near the end and the mix was firmer, and looked more like the kind of scoop ice cream you get in shops. Ok, so it's not the real thing, but if you like bananas (there's no escaping the taste!) you may like this. It's a great way of using up bananas that are getting too ripe, and you can keep the extra slices in the freezer to use whenever. I haven't measured exactly but based on what I used, I would say there is about half a banana in each scoop - depending on the size of your banana, of course! :rolleyes:

Enjoy!

p.s. I can't upload the pic, it keeps telling me I'm not logged in when I try, will keep trying though

SOUNDS DELISH!!!

since I've started having smoothies twice a day....my clothes have gotten way looser!

2 bananas, 100g Strawberries, Fist full for fresh mint leaves, and 150ml skimmed milk. Makes about a pint of smoothie, for 1pp,

I'm having about two a day, 1 at breakie, 1 at lunch :)

So i'm getting my fruit in, and extra bit of calcium aswell, I know its alot of bananas, but they kind of agree with me, and they are in liquid form, so easier for the body to breakdown :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Congratulations. That's a great achievement. Hope you have a good night out wearing them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Indigo blue, that banana icecream sounds & looks amazing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement