Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Our leader said last night that a demi-baguette (one size up from a petit pain) is 11PP :eek::eek:

BUT... on the old thread, I remember someone had pointed them from Cuisine De France' nutritional information at 8PP and the petit pain as 4PP.

I wonder which is correct.

I questioned my leader but she just shrugged it off as if I was wrong and said that she got the points from the WW magazine so it "must be right"!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Monife wrote: »
    Our leader said last night that a demi-baguette (one size up from a petit pain) is 11PP :eek::eek:

BUT... on the old thread, I remember someone had pointed them from Cuisine De France' nutritional information at 8PP and the petit pain as 4PP.

I questioned my leader but she just shrugged it off as if I was wrong and said that she got the points from the WW magazine so it "must be right"!!!

Our leader said they were 5pp. The regular roll that you get in a deli when you ask for a roll, as in the full length one is 10pp and the half one is 5pp. The petit pan is the smallest one and she never gave us points for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Murta

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Wow GT that sounds extreme alright! Did you way at the same time of day? I notice a huge difference between morning weight and evening weight - probably due to fluid retention etc. :confused:

Women in particular will notice significant flunctuation in fluid retension depending on where they are in their monthly cycle. Also, seems to be linked to amount or lack of sleep. I tend to retain more fluid after a bad or interrupted night's sleep.
    The good news is that things normally settle down in a day or two so your next weigh-in should be fine.

I find first thing in morning (after loo and before breakfast) produces more consistent results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Would anybody know how many propoints are in a Lidl Bakery butter croissant, cheese roll and apple turnover

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    guys,

I dont get this ...

I always do a sanity check WI the day after my actual WI to ensure I havent had a false gain(dehydration, etc..). so I did one this morning only to see

13st 11.75LBS on the scales, thats a 6.5lbs swing from yesterday's 14st4.25LBS ??!?!?!?:eek::eek::eek:

How is that possible? I ate the same amount I always ate, water intake was similar, .....

Really cant wait till next wednesday's WI now, there gcould be a pile off mini goals getting the road!!

Wow GT that sounds extreme alright! Did you way at the same time of day? I notice a huge difference between morning weight and evening weight - probably due to fluid retention etc. :confused:
    It was the exact same time as yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Murta wrote: »

Women in particular will notice significant flunctuation in fluid retension depending on where they are in their monthly cycle. Also, seems to be linked to amount or lack of sleep. I tend to retain more fluid after a bad or interrupted night's sleep.
    The good news is that things normally settle down in a day or two so your next weigh-in should be fine.

I find first thing in morning (after loo and before breakfast) produces more consistent results.
    Thats when i tend to wi. Oh and i'm of the male variety:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Our leader said they were 5pp. The regular roll that you get in a deli when you ask for a roll, as in the full length one is 10pp and the half one is 5pp. The petit pan is the smallest one and she never gave us points for this one.

The demi-baguette is the full length one that you get in a deli when you ask for a roll. Now I didn't stay for my meeting yesterday but I did look at the table and the leader had pointed the demi-baguette as 8pp and the the very small one as 4pp. She didn't have the medium one there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Murta wrote: »

Oh wooo thank god.....i thought i was nuts when i was thinking that when i dont sleep it throws off my results. lol When im not sleeping my results are all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 NimmyZ

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Thats when i tend to wi. Oh and i'm of the male variety:)

I have two scales at home and weigh myself on both every day. I can't help it! One digital and one with the swing arm (that if you lean over the weight changes!).

Anyway the weights on these always fluctuate wildly and if I kept track of the results on those scales it would be up and down and up and down - despite me being down every week since January (bar one) on the WW scales.

My scales can both vary from between 1 pound less and 10 pounds less than the official WW one in class, but that's the one that counts to me. It's interesting to see what my scales' will say today but I don't pay the results much attention.

They each have evil pixies living inside them who do mean things to the numbers or the needle. :mad:

right....any new wonderful must have items for my grocery list?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

My scales are all over the shop, move it two inches to the left and it's 3-4 lbs difference. I don't really bother with it much to be honest, it's been way off the WW one every single week.

New runners arrived today, really comfortable to go walking in! Had WI and was down 2.5lbs so it's going well, thankfully.

Just with regards to the rolls, the one you'd get for a breakfast roll, the demi baguette, our leader said tonight that they were 10pp and the next size down was 6pp. She didn't mention the little one. I've stopped eating them to be honest, I find them an awful waste of points.

Trying new recipes...that scampi and chips recipe i posted the other...going to try that tomorrow night....

it calls for Yogurt, Greek, 0% Fat, I've never seen that in shops here....whats the closest equivalent?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

2 pounds lost tonight at WI. Total 25 pounds now and am now at 14st on the dot so hopefully next week will see me hitting the 13's!
    Delira!!!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Trying new recipes...that scampi and chips recipe i posted the other...going to try that tomorrow night....

it calls for Yogurt, Greek, 0% Fat, I've never seen that in shops here....whats the closest equivalent?

I think greek yoghurt is the same as natural yoghurt, lots to choose from in Tesco.

Tesco Low fat natural yoghurt

Glenisk Probtic Low Fat Natural Yogurt

Tesco Value natural yoghurt

Onken Biopot Natural Set Yogurt

yeah i've opted for the tesco Low fat natural yoghurt, cheapest!
    just wanted to make sure I wasn't over looking it somewhere...now i just need to steal some of my mums prawns hehe!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Lainy, I have got a Greek yogurt in Tesco's own brand previously, don't think it was low fat though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jeans_vs_food

hi everyone , just a quick (lol) update!
    so the last 3wks i had been feeling a bit dejected sts, -2 , sts, +.5....and NOT because id been having a 'bad' week! it just didnt make sense as i was exercising hard, sticking to the plan, drinking water.....

very nearly gave up with that gain as i just couldnt see how (totm aside).
    anyway lots of you nice folk gave me advice and encouraged me to stick with it and ta daaaaa today i lost -4lbs!!! got my 2nd silver 7 and my 1st stone!! thats 15lbs total. :D

i figured that i was actually OVERpointing foods and therefore not eating enough/all of my points. ive also cut out the ww meals..... i guess just retraining the brain that those points are there for a reason & while i wasnt intentionally overpointing it was down to the fear that i was 'eating too much'! i mean how could i be on a "diet" and not staaaarving lol!

just wanted to say thanks for the help & encouragement! this is the fuel i need to fire my rocket and if i have setbacks in the future ill know not to even contemplate throwin in the towel!!!

Hey you can get that in Tesco or Dunnes. It's called Total O% Greek Yoghurt. I'm sure natural yoghurt would work the same in a recipe as Monife said though

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Magicmatilda

Had my WI and I am delighted to have gotten rid of another 1.5lbs. (does anyone else find the use of the word lost strange? usually when I lose things I want to find them again? If I intentionally throw something away then its not lost? Pendantic, but i think language can be important!)

I had a lovely salad yesterday with half a ball of mozzerella (4.5pps), basil (1pps) tomatoes (0pps) and balsamic vinegar (0pps) I used Irish tomatoes which were a bit more expensive in dunnes but tasted great. Ifind tomatoes bought here are often tasteless cos they have flown so far to get here! Add a couple of slices of bread (4pps depending on bread) Or maybe a chicken breast (4pps) and its a lovely lunch.

hmmmm silly question....

but would frozen fruit work fine in smoothies? Should i thaw them first before using them in liquidizer? the one i have doesnt do ice cubes, so i dont know if it would do "frozen fruit".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 maoidh

Hi all, new enough to boards and to this thread. Just wondering where do i go to get the WW recipes some of you have posted??

Cheers.

maoidh wrote: »
    Hi all, new enough to boards and to this thread. Just wondering where do i go to get the WW recipes some of you have posted??

Cheers.

some ppl have the cook books,
    some ppl getting them from magazine,
    some ppl getting them from ww online membership,
    some ppl just pointing there own recipes :)
    some ppl find them online in blogs and stuff..

internet is a huge resource, when i get bored...i just googling stuff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 maydayster

Had my WI and I am delighted to have gotten rid of another 1.5lbs. (does anyone else find the use of the word lost strange? usually when I lose things I want to find them again? If I intentionally throw something away then its not lost? Pendantic, but i think language can be important!)

I agree! how about the word 'shed'? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Im sure I seen some in Tesco! or I know I got there own band one and used it and it was fine!

I was wondering does any one know how many PP in Bulmers light a can of it!

Im off camping and packing all ww friendly food our inlaws are coming with us and all they want is burgers, big fry up :P nooooo Ild feel crap after all that so got chicken kebabs salads etc handy yummy HEALTHY PP food can not wait now! my only splurge is bulmers which will be my first proper drink in forever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭LollieB25

hmmmm silly question....

but would frozen fruit work fine in smoothies? Should i thaw them first before using them in liquidizer? the one i have doesnt do ice cubes, so i dont know if it would do "frozen fruit".

I use frozen berries for smoothies but definitely thaw them out if it doesn't do ice cubes. May need to add a bit of artificial sweetener too if your not a fan of the bitter taste ;)

Baby75 wrote: »
    Im sure I seen some in Tesco! or I know I got there own band one and used it and it was fine!

I was wondering does any one know how many PP in Bulmers light a can of it!

Im off camping and packing all ww friendly food our inlaws are coming with us and all they want is burgers, big fry up :P nooooo Ild feel crap after all that so got chicken kebabs salads etc handy yummy HEALTHY PP food can not wait now! my only splurge is bulmers which will be my first proper drink in forever :D

There's 4 in the bottle and 6 in the can. I always try to get bottles now cos I think it makes me drink less (or not!) and the can is 2 extra points and I'll drink it just as quick:D Loads and loads of ice if ye can, makes it stretch and last longer....

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

That Better for you granary bread from Dunnes is Delish....much nicer and more filling that ww bread and the nimble bread! :D

I think I'm going to start WI every 2nd week,

I know now....i'm not going to get proper losses, so I'm going to concentrate on inch loss, toning up,

Weights Cardio, and still follow ww....and just check actual weight/BMI/Fat/Muscle/Water ever two weeks.

:D and if i feel my self getting slack, i can just switch back to weekly.

I'm doing ww from home, so wont cost me anymore of less financially :)

Have a good friday night everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 v01!

joining ww tuesday cant wait :)heres hopein i stick with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

:Ddown 2lbs on thurs,ive done out a little graph for myself from last week,22 weeks,(i know,i know,nobody wants to hear that yet!!),but i reckon at a doable 1lb per week,thats just over 1.5stone,so ive 2 gone notches down already,if you could see the downward curve every week i hope that will keep my motavation up!!:D i'll try it and see,anyway,good luck!
    meant to say 22 weeks til christmas,ssh!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement